• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Andross gets a .001% chance from me, and even that's being generous. No, I dont' care that they could give him a body. No, I don't care that he could be resized. Could's are useless. They couldl put me into Super Smash Bros, but they won't. Andross is a gigantic floating head, and he will always be a giant floating head. Adding him in would serve no actual purpose. It wouldn't be fanservice, since noone but the most hyper-obsessed fanboy would recognize him with a made-up body and design. It wouldn't be for the WTF, because anybody who knows Star Fox knows Andross, so he's not an unknown surprise character. He's just useless, at least in terms of Smash Bros.

Nominate Tom Nook x5.

Andross, a cool character but like alot of character suggestions not very likely. I'm talking about the likes of Lil' Mac and other retro characters here... Nice and respected, probarly pretty populair but Brawl material?? No offence but I think the current ranking list is very incorrect cause people give ALOT if not ONLY baised ratings... That's just my two cents.
Of course these ratings are biased. Look back at the last round. "I give Bowser Jr. 99.99% chance of appearing because he could use a paintbrush to attack!" If people actually thought about the characters actual chances, and not just how cool they think the character might be, then I'm sure that the results on the first page would be serverly different.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I'm not even going to lie. I think Andross' chances of making it in are decent. Why? He's very unique, and he could have a move-set. You people who say Andross has no chance of making it in because he has no body, or because he wouldn't have a working move-set, are really being stupid. Sakurai is looking for wacky characters. Not more clone-type characters, say for instance, Wolf. I doubt Wolf would actually turn out as clone, but there's still a big chance that he would. Plus, Wolf just looks like a gray version of Fox. Andross is unlike anyone else, which makes for the unique part of him. Also, like I said before, he could have a working move-set.

There's also that thing about adding all the main villains from the major franchises into the game. When it comes down to the villain that fits the bill, it's Andross, and not Wolf. When people say Wolf will fill that spot, that just makes me laugh. I think he looks too much like a type of "cute and cuddely" character. This is just my opinion, and I'm going to stand by it.

What I think Andross' chances of making it in are: 70%

I nominate:
Deoxys (5)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah a menacing wolf with a robotic eye patch is cute and cuddely... rite...

Seriously wolf is far more bad ***, and he can TOO "fit the bill", he has been an enemy in every star fox since SF64 (except on sf adventures), while andross only apepared in SF, SF64 and adventures, and doesnt seem he'l lcome back any soon, being well, u know, dead... Wolf is still being a menace for the SF team, even after all these years, believe me the guy is awesome, can have a unique moveset, nad is one of the most wanted characters yet...

also about andross and the body, man If I didnt know u I would think ur bowserlick, I know im wrong, but meh... Yes an old monkey popular by being a giant head and 2 hands CAN have a body, lose his uniqueness and be in a game no one wants him in, STILL gotta go with Wolf XD...

kmokmo

Smash Cadet
I really don't think Andross has a high chance mainly because of the whole "no body" thing. he might make it in as a boss or a background prop but, as a playable character, highly unlikely. so

I'll give him a generous 5% because smash is like a box of chocolates, you never know who they're going to pick

nominate Bomberman x5

killbeast301

Smash Lord
I'm not even going to lie. I think Andross' chances of making it in are decent. Why? He's very unique, and he could have a move-set. You people who say Andross has no chance of making it in because he has no body, or because he wouldn't have a working move-set, are really being stupid.
thank you!!!

while I still think that you are being way too generous, he is WAY underrated on these boards. And most of these arguments are "He has no body!!!", which is cr@p. Unfortunately, there's a limited number of spots to fill, and he comes after Wolf, Krystal, and Falco, who are all better Smash material. Andross gets 20% because of that, IMO.

Nominate rayman x5

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
The fact that his moveset would practially have to come from scratch and plently more easily adaptible/popular Star Fox characters like Wolf and Krystal mean that Andross might not be grinning for his chances in Brawl. No offence to his big head.

11 % cause i'm weird like that

Bomberman x 4, Mii x 1

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Jr. higher tha Toad? Shenanigans! As for Andross, I can't see him getting in over Falco, Krystal, Wolf or even Slippy, and I doubt there will eb more than 3 Star Fox characters, 1%.

Nominate Bomberman x5.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
Hrm.

0.1%.

Don't get me wrong, I think he'd make a very interesting, and probably fun character, and it has nothing to do with his lack of body. But in terms of priority, Star Fox has Wolf, Krystal and Falco before him. Assuming they add all three of them, that's 4 Star Fox characters. I think the game is going to have at most 50 characters (probably more around the 40 range I think) and I just doubt that Star Fox would take up 10% of the roster. It's not a huge series in terms of sales, and there's alot of other Nintendo series that take priority over it. Mix that in with random 1 shot characters, and 3rd party characters... I just really don't see it hapenning.

And I'll go with the crowd and Bomberman x 5

Oh and I agree with Iggy K, I do think Toad has more of a chance than Bowser Jr. Oh wellll. (Toad's the only character I actually REALLLY want in)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Is it just me or is everyone ignoring the fact that he isn't all that popular anyways. That combined with the fact that he is without a body, is reason enough to keep him out of Brawl.
- 3% -

Nominations - Paper Mario x3, Balloon Fighter x2

Kirye

Smash Ace
I love how Andross either got a .1%, a 5%, or a 60+% from the people who ACTUALLY like Andross, which is a rare occasion cause it's Andross.. He's just a gay finisher to the star fox games. =/

And the guy that said Ridley is no different than Andross, YES HE IS. Why? People enjoy fighting Ridley, people actually SEE Ridley as Samus' rival. Who do most people see as Fox's rival? Wolf, cause Wolf is the perfect antagonist rival. He has the bad *** attitude, the constant rivalry, and he's more of a fit for Brawl. Andross however fits none of these, he's just an ugly head at the end that goes "Rawr, Fox you die now like papi!", not even a challenge in the game.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
5%. As ALOT of people have said there are more deserving characters from the Starfox series than mr.nobody over here.

Nominations - Gex(x5)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Let's be honest here. If they are going to add a starfox villain (which is quite likely), they'll add Wolf. Wolf is more popular, easier to put in and hasn't been killed off in his own series. Yes, Andross is workable, but he doesn't really seem to have enough of a fanbase to warrant an inclusion. HT is right with all this 'could's are useless, as they can be applied to virtually any character. Four characters is pretty much the most we can expect for Starfx rep, and those spots are already taken by Falco, Krystal and Wolf.

5%

Nominate: Takamaru (x5)

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Fox and Wolf are both mercenaries, who use similar weapons in a simlar, if often opposed, fashion. Would they be necessarily be clones if Wolf makes it in? Of course not. If they did it right, O'Donnell would have a spectacular and unique moveset. That doesn't change the lack of diversity. These two characters were designed to be foils, and the species similarities work well in the StarFox series from both a plot device standpoint and in reference to how they are viewed in various mythologies. But what are we really looking for in a fighting game? Should the criteria be the same?

Personally, I hold diversity to be the highest virtue for the Smash series. It brings together totally unrelated characters and showcases Nintendo's best ideas in one venue. If one holds creativity and clever idiosyncrasy to be the most valuable assets in roster choice, perhaps Andross is not such an insane pick. He is not a "floating head," or a "body" for that matter. He is a consciousness, a will encoded in DNA stowed in laboratories across Lylat. He is transient, evanescent, and malevolent, and a prime example of a brooding, incorporeal evil. Wolf, though he has developed a fan following here due to his thug image, does not provide the wealth of gameplay opportunity that the Space Doctor offers. One cannot say Andross' moveset would have to be "made up." He is the bioengineer of many bosses from SF and SF64, and the warlord and technological pirate of the invading fleet. The developers have every enemy from every StarFox game from which to glean a moveset--Andross is their father. With the right creative minds behind it, Andross could be spectacular.

That said, I give Andross 10%, based on such past decisions as the inclusion of Pichu.

I nominate Dark Matter x5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Let's be honest here. If they are going to add a starfox villain (which is quite likely), they'll add Wolf. Wolf is more popular, easier to put in and hasn't been killed off in his own series. Yes, Andross is workable, but he doesn't really seem to have enough of a fanbase to warrant an inclusion. HT is right with all this 'could's are useless, as they can be applied to virtually any character. Four characters is pretty much the most we can expect for Starfx rep, and those spots are already taken by Falco, Krystal and Wolf.

5%

Nominate: Takamaru (x5)
How many times did we killed Ganon again in LOZ? Sorry I just had to say that. Sure in more futuristic games as StarFox and Metroid this might not be the same, but I wouldn't say that Andross should be excluded just cause he's killed off in his own series. I've heard rumors about Snake getting killed off in the next MGS to... So it really doesn't mather.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
How many times did we killed Ganon again in LOZ? Sorry I just had to say that. Sure in more futuristic games as StarFox and Metroid this might not be the same, but I wouldn't say that Andross should be excluded just cause he's killed off in his own series. I've heard rumors about Snake getting killed off in the next MGS to... So it really doesn't mather.
Ganon's always come back though, no matter how many times he's been killed. My point is that it looks as though Andross won't be making anymore appearances in his series as they've let him stay dead rather than keep ressurecting him. His role as Fox's main villain has therefore been kind of usurped, as unlike Gannondorf, Bowser and Ridley who'll coninue to make life difficult for the protagonists, Andross has been permanently dealt with. The fact that he hasn't been in the last 2 gaes just shows he's not a staple part of the franchise anymore, and that's possibly why most people view Wolf as the best Villain for the Starfox series, as he always comes back.

I never said that characters that have been killed can't enter in Brawl. I'm merely saying that Andross no longer seems that significant in his own franchise anymore.

Melo-tone

Smash Cadet
I don't see Andross as a character in Brawl. Just because the fact he'd a a floating head the maybe swipes at you with hands and shoots missiles out of his mouth... Not very smash-worthy if you ask me. Plus (my opinion) he'd never be used just because of lack of-- playingness-ness-ness.
I say 4% chance.

and nominate takamaru (x5)

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I give bomberman 50% also. It would be higher/lower if nintendo decided to say exactly how many 3rd parties get in.

X3 DK JR.
X2 Bubblun/Bobblun

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Just like any other 3rd parties here (with the possible exception of the really outlandish ones), I give Bomberman 50%. Either he will or he won't, and the 3rd party selection is so unpredictable that there's not real way to say one has better chances than the other.

Nominate Tom Nook x5

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
I'll say 60%. Sakurai said 1-2 more Third Party people, and he seems like one of the closest candidates. He's had the most success on Nintendo systems, and Hudson has been very chummy with Nintendo lately (they do produce all Mario Party games). Plus, they're not asking anyone if they can include such and such character, the company has to ask Nintendo, and I think Hudson would love for Bomberman to be in it. Plus, he's already been in another fighting game, the same one as Snake. So, yeah, 60%.

Edit: Forgot to nominate. Uhm... Nominate Tom Nook x 5 I guess?

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
I think you guys are being a little too nice to Bomberman. 50% for most 3rd party characters?? Uh... I don't think so. Since there will only be a few 3rd partys, and Bomberman doesn't seem to be the highest on my list... (though he did star in a game with Wario)

...I give Bomberman a 25%. Sorry, guys.

Nominate Balloon Fighter x5.

Croco

Smash Lord
Bomberman has a slight chance.. but Megaman, Sonic, and Geno deserve the 3rd party slot before him.

20% chance.
Dr. Wright x5

Stryks

Smash Hero
For those who like bomberman, U will hate me, but I just dont see it happening, I mean bomberman aint as awesome as his prime days back in the 90's, now were lucky to c 4 or so of his games a year, seeing how sonc is already in practically, I still gotta go with Megaman, hes seems more posible, not to mention sakurai likes retos, and megaman (original) is sinonoumous (sp?) to the NES....

still Ill give him 40% and im being generous...

Mii x 5

edit: HA! I laught at those who wants andross XD...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I'm heeeeere!

Sounds like not many people are too hopeful for Bomberman. Yeah, he's pretty out there, but he still has his chances, just not as big. He's got his games coming out, like one that's supposeded to come out on the Wii later (who knows when...). I'm sure his moveset wouldn't completely consist of throwing bombs; he can have a good number of melee attacks too. His games were quite fun some years ago, but they've been dragging like another 3rd party character out there. *Sigh* In a way, I'm going to be sad when I see the final roster of characters.

In reality, his chances aren't noticable... I give him a 55% chance.
I can dream.

Top Bottom