• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
What's with this " Lil' " Mac business? Last I checked, he wasn't a rap musician... It's "Little Mac" or just plain "Mac" and what's this load of hooey about his "only advantage" being a retro character? Let it be known that he isn't simply restricted to the retro era; need I remind you that Super Punch-Out!! was released on the Super NES back in 1994. And and as far as any other advantages he has - first of all, he's already from a fighting game (boxing = fighting, people...); secondly, he's a freakin' boxer... tell me how that WON'T fit within the Super Smash Bros. build - it's just one of those unique fighting styles that the series is aching for; and lastly, Little Mac is arguably the most recognized retro NES era characters, way more than Balloon Fighter and even moreso than Pit - a lot of you probably didn't even know either of them even existed prior to SSBM, but I'll bet most of you were aleast somewhat familair with Punch-Out!! beforehand...

Sorry to break it to ya kiddies, but Mac's gonna get in WAY before Balloon Fighter... 85% chance for Mac.

I nominate Mike Jones 5x.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr. gets a 5% from me. He's a lame throw-away character that would only serve to inflate the already over-inflated Mario rep in the series. There's really no need to put him in at all, and I severly doubt that they will.

Nominate Tom Nook x5 (by God if I'll do this myself if I have to)

Stryks

Smash Hero
I give him a wopping 95%, why u ask? Not only do I like him, But he can have a unique moveset with the paintbrush and avoid the but-he'll-be-a-bowser-clone n00bs, not to mention he can have the transform ability and transform into shadow mario, since sheik will probably not return, zelda will not have a transformation, and the guy has apepared in almost every mario game since sunshine...

nominates Mii x5

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Bowser Jr.? He's probably the most wanted Mario character for Brawl! I've seen hundreds of fans want him, and despite taking glory away from the Koopalings, I like him, too. I give him a 75%

Nominations:
Captain Syrup x3
Takamaru x2

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Bowers Jr.

Finally his time to shine. He may have only been in one game as the major villian but has lots of Potential with the Paintbrush he can do a lot of new moves that hasn't been done yet. I don't agree on he should transform into Shadow Mario maybe as a costume. Anyway he's awsome lot of people want him and I'm a fan.

BOWSER JR GETS A 95% chance to appear
he's pratically in but I decided to make it 95 for all the haters out their

THE BRUSH RULES ALL!!

I nominate: Miis (x5)

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I would give him higher, but I was greated with an eyesore... 70% thats me being generous.
Koopalings rock more!!!

X5 Donkey Kong Jr.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i would be so pissed off if they put in bowser jr, simply because the koopalings were too cool and nintendo made a big mistake replacing them with that snobby-child type character. i think he's annoying, and if he was in brawl he would simply be my new 'sandbag' to practice on. but he has alot of fans, so i guess he deserves a 20% chance.

nominees...simon belmont x5 (ftw!!!)

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
i would be so pissed off if they put in bowser jr, simply because the koopalings were too cool and nintendo made a big mistake replacing them with that snobby-child type character. i think he's annoying, and if he was in brawl he would simply be my new 'sandbag' to practice on. but he has alot of fans, so i guess he deserves a 20% chance.

nominees...simon belmont x5 (ftw!!!)
I agree 100% with that. Koopalings rocked. But honestly koopalings don't have much chance...
maby one of them... but there are 7 of them... Wendy I think has the highest chance out of all of them, because she is considred the first female villian, and the whole "brawl needs females". I was kinda dissapointed when they were considred for super princess peach, and were canned.

I sorta like bowser jr. but at the same time I hate him, due to he is replacing 7 awesome characters.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Hmmm a Bowser clone that can transform into a Mario clone. Sakurai won't go for this. He is done with clones and I am sure he wants a crazy, original cast.

5 %

Andross x 5

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Hmmm a Bowser clone that can transform into a Mario clone. Sakurai won't go for this. He is done with clones and I am sure he wants a crazy, original cast.
Excuse me, but do any of Mario's or Bowser's attacks come in the form of a kick*** paintbrush? Exactly, so I'm giving him 80%, I'm not that big a fan but I know he has good potential to be a Smash character.

Nominating Paper Mario x5

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me, but do any of Mario's or Bowser's attacks come in the form of a kick*** paintbrush? Exactly, so I'm giving him 80%, I'm not that big a fan but I know he has good potential to be a Smash character.

Yes! I concur with a ferver! Also, let us not forget about my main little man Rayman, can I get a 70% over here?

Tbacksha

Smash Apprentice
70% I highly doubt Bowser Jr would be a Bowser clone, the weight and size would be too different to implement the same attacks, even if was a clone with the same moves he still would be quite different, like Captain Falcon and Ganondorf. But seriously if he was implemented they would not pass up making a paintbrush move set.
The Koopalings were awesome, better than Bowser Jr at least. They were creative, Bowser Jr is impossible to tell from Baby Bowser.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
The Koopalings were awesome, better than Bowser Jr at least. They were creative, Bowser Jr is impossible to tell from Baby Bowser.

That is why he is best to continue on Bowser's legacy in the games, and a father-son brawl would work well in Smash.

Yeeeeaaah more votes for the paper guy!!!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mwah... Not excited about this guy. I've heard someone said that if Diddy is in; Bowser Jr is in too but I don't think so. Diddy is NEEDED to represent DKC, Bowser Jr is just another Mario character but a more deserving one. I'll give him a 50.01% change of appearing.

Nominations:
Diddy / Dixie x5

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I dont think Sakurai will be adding babies or juniors into Brawl (eg. Baby Mario, Bowser Jr.). So I give Bowser Jr. a 29% for appearing in Brawl.

Nominations - Gex(x5)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I give my favorite acrobatic koopa, Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario a 95% chance.

Doubt Boswer Jr./Shadow Mario will be a clone. He is totally diffrent from Bowser, if you played Super Mario Sunshine. He faster, would be more speed attack based like Fox, and his Shadow transformation would be a lot like Mario, but his paintbrush would be his predominant attack.

He's gonna be awsome! He probably be a villian in Super Mario Galaxy with his father, which adds even more to his epic legacy. He is a very unique charcter, and what can I say? I like the little guy, and his style is perfect for Brawl! hope he makes the cut!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I would like to take this time to remind everybody:

Potential for a unique moveset does not raise appearance chances.

Remember, Master Cheif has the potential for a unique moveset. It seems Bowser Jr.'s getting a few too many "He's just cool" votes. I keep seeing things like "I give him 99.9% because he can have the paintbrush!!!" That's just crap, and you know it.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Opinion, not fact.

I knew Pit before Lil' Mac.

I'll pretend that wasn't at me...

Updating...
I did say "arguably", didn't I? Among retro gamers, there seem to be more fond memories associated with "Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!" than with Kid Icarus, which seems to owe most of it's "nostalgia" and popularity to the bandwagon effect. Same goes for Balloon Fight.

I also knew about Pit before Little Mac (that's Captain N's fault... :chuckle:), but I never really played the game - but I did play Super Punch-Out!! (I was an SNES generation kid...)

It was directed more toward the people making comments about the generic Balloon Fighter having a better chance... Wasn't that somewhat indicated? Somebody sure takes offense a bit too easily... :dizzy:

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... Toad>>>>>Bowser Jr. Bowser Jr. is inferior to other Mario characters because
1. We don't REALLY need any more Mario villans yet. We do need more villans, but mostly from other franchises. (Fox, Metroid.)
2. Playable>Nonplayable. Toad has been playable a few times---and Bowser Jr. has not been playable in any non-party games.
3. Bowser Jr. wouldn't be a clone... but it would still be awkward having two bowsers-- kinda like having pika and pichu.

So... 35%. Nominate Balloon Fighter x5.

Kirye

Smash Ace
Heh, first time posting in here. =p

I give Bowser jr. a 65%, being that he's not a complete favorite, he does have a fairly high chance of making it in, and obviously isn't gonna be a clone of Bowser as he's had multiple original skills at his disposal, plus the whole Brush thing from Sunshine.

And I nominate Black Knight x5

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
80% for baby bowser. He appeared in new super mario bros too, which was quite a popular game. I think he has as much chance as toad (maybe more).

Miix2, Rayman x1, Black knight x2
IT'S BOWSER JR.!!!!!!

GOD, I am so SICK and TIRED of everyone making that mistake!

Baby Bowser = Bowser as a baby

Bowser Jr. = Bowser's child

It's not that hard to mix up!

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I like Bowser Jr.'s chances. He played a main role in "Super Mario Sunshine," as well as other previous games. Plus, who knows, maybe he'll even be able to transform into Shadow Mario, just like how Zelda transforms into Sheik. That would make him a cool character for the game in my opinion.

What I think Bowser Jr.'s chances of getting in are: 85%

I nominate:
Andross (5)

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Having Bowser Jr. in the game seems rather unlikely. Though his moveset could easily be made to be nothing like Bowser Sr.'s, I think the roster could benefit from a little diversity. Maybe a children's toy animated by a wish-granting metaphysical force would be a more suitable character to add from the Mario series...

I give Bowser Jr. 40%

I nominate Andross x2
Dark Matter x3

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'm giving Bowser Jr. a 85 % chance of him being a playable character. I would really want to see him have an agile/swift/acrobat moveset. That would be beyond sweet!

Bowser Jr. for the win baby!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I don't know about Bowser jr. He seems to have a fairly strong fanbase. but he doesn't strike me as being very significant to the Mario franchise, which already has a lot of characters repping it and pretty much has all of the necessary characters. His transformation into Shadow Mario doesn't strike me as that interesting or original, and I don't see how him using a paintbrush makes him badass.

25%

Nominate: Takamaru (x5)

Top Bottom