• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances (of Returning) - Day 6 - Mewtwo

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not exactly the first character I think of for a 3rd party character for Brawl. I'm giving him a 15% change of appearing.

Nominations:
Diddy / Dixie x5

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
It's remarkable, really, it's like this week, the number of Bomberman lovers at Smash Boards skyrocketed!

Bomberman would be cool, and he's been on Nintendo systems loads of time. He even co-starred with Wario once. I give him a 75% chance!

Nominations:
Takamaru x3
Captain Syrup x2

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I can't see why everyone's giving Bomberman such low ratings... Sure the series has fallen from it's former glory, but the same can be said of Mega Man and Sonic... Bomberman is one of those classic franchises that has been around for ever, with probably only the Mega Man and Super Mario Bros. series surpassing it in released titles. And it should be worth noting that Bomberman was the first third-party character to be featured in a Nintendo crossover in Wario Blast. I think that Bomberman is in fact one of the more likely third-party characters to get a spot in SSBB, particularly since he best represents Hudson Soft (sorry, Bonk fans...) which is heavily promoting the Wii's Virtual Console. I say he gets a 75% shot at getting in.

I nominate Mike Jones 5x. (C'mon... Am I the only Star Tropics supporter here?)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I give Bomberman a 20% chance. He is behind, obviously Sonic, other Sonic characters, Megaman, and many, many more. Still, I would like to see how he would work, since Bomberman games are so fun. He might be kinda odd, but it's always fun to blow up your friends! Makes me laugh!

There just flat out isn't room for him with soooo much competition. Don't bet on him being in Brawl. You'll most likely be wrong (even thought he awsome)!

I nominate Wolf Link w/t Midna (represent my favorite game of all time, in my favorite series of all time!). Expect Wolf Link w/t Midna, Sonic, and Megaman over Bomberman (sorry other Bomberman fans)...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Huh Hi! Daisy can go to ssbb.

50% chance to Daisy
Erm... We're voting on Bomberman today, not Daisy...
I give Bomberman a 30% chance. He is behind, obviously Sonic, other Sonic characters, Megaman, and many, many more. Still, I would like to see how he would work, since Bomberman games are so fun. He might be kinda odd, but it's always fun to blow up your friends! Makes me laugh!
Just thought I'd clear this up, but there are NOT going to be ANY Sonic characters other than Sonic himself - there are not going to be more than one character per third-party franchise, perhaps even only one per third-party company period (although I hope that's not the case...). Also, there aren't really THAT many third-party characters that got the 1-up on Bomberman... The only ones I can think of that have a definite higher priority than him are Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-man (the Big Three as I call them, representing SEGA, CAPCOM, and NAMCO respectively) - anyone else would be more or less on an equal footing with him...

Iggy K

Smash Ace
...55%, if another third party characters is added after Sonic and Mega Man, I think it would be Bomberman, Hudson put their console on the VC, and they make the Mario Part series and are close to Nintendo, Bomberman's had over 30 games on Nintendo systems, the only other one I can think of that might have more is Mega Man, and he's been in games with Wario and Snake, I'm just not sure if they'll add more than 3 thirds parties.

Nominate Pac-Man x5.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Daisy101 u give a percentage that represents what are the chances the character has in appearing in brawl in ur opinion, u can also nominate a character and give him up to 5 votes...

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry. I see the third party characters to be included as a forgone conclusion. Sonic and Megaman. Along with Link, Mario, and Master Chief, they represent gaming to nearly everyone. MArio and Link are already in and it'll be a cold day in hell before Master Chief gets in.

If Sakurai includes a fourth third-party character, then maybe. BUt that's extremely doubtful. Three is the magic number for a lot of things. This way, we can have a four player match with a representative from each major company included. A mascot showdown.

Bomberman gets ten percent, better luck in a hypothetical Super Smash Bros. Clash.
Nominate Mii x5.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
The infamous third party debate. Whoever does get it needs to be recognizable and have a connection to Nintendo. Snake had it (despite the fans who would argue). Sonic and Megaman have it as well. But guess what? So does Bomberman.

Anyone who does not know the four player madness of blowing each other up does not know a classic piece of gaming history. Bomberman is one of the most classic franchise game series out there with more games then anyone can remember includine almost all nintendo gaming systems.

It can't be denied that there are more popular choices for third party characters. But that doesn't automatically guarentee their inclusion. Business plays a factor here as the owners of these characters have to be willing to let them go into Brawl and more then likely Nintendo would perfer not to pay money or royalties to do so. Sega and Campcon are big names who not might not want to let go of their stars. But Hudson Soft in my opinion is a smaller player who would have more to gain from getting a character in Brawl. They have demonstrated that they have the Wii's back with TurboGrafx-16 games being on Wii's virtual consol (including a Bomberman game) and Bomberman Land, a party game for the system.

But anyway, to the character himself. Explosives are fun and by simple logic an explosions character would be fun as well and a bit more original over some other character selections. With all of his different games, multiplayer powerups, and bomb types, a moveset can be formed. He's interacted with Nintendo character before even if once. ( The Wario vs. Bomberman rivalary shall begin anew!!!!!!!). Finally he has been featured in a fighting game before: DreamMix TV World Fighters. It was another multi character fighting game that also featured a Mr. Solid Snake. Coicidences do sometimes happen.

65 % not because I believe his chances are lower then other third party characters buth rather all third party characters have a low chance to begin with.

Mii x 5

*goes off to find things to blow up*

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I love Bomberman, but since he's not to popular right now and he's third party, I think his chances are pretty low, I hate to say it and although I would love him to be in brawl, I give him a 20% chance.

Nominate Samuri Gorah x5

FireBomb

Smash Lord
That's why I have to inform people. . . the Bomberman name can't have died yet. When you think of the entire cast of 3rd party, the only one that really has a better chance than anyone else is Sonic due to overwhelming demand. I won't be counting anyone in or out until the day we find out for ourselves. It's games such as Wario Blast and DreamMix TV World Fighters that Franchise speaks of that manage to keep my hopes burning.

Third-party talk can be such a headache, though...

Nadji

Smash Cadet
Finally a real 3rd party contender has come to the party, Bomberman is one of the most likely yet controversial 3rd party character. I'd give Bomberman an unbiased 40%.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Huh...I wonder how much Bomber-influence I've had around here...
Well, at least not everyone denies him. For those who do, I throw red bomb in your face. [X X]

Melo-tone

Smash Cadet
hm. Bomberman is definately not TOO unlikely as a third party character considering how many games he had on the G-cube. Also bomberman has a look that would suit Brawl so I'm going with a 44% only because no 3rd party characters (other than Snake) can be expected.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Bomberman IS a very recognisable gaming character, appears in many games on Nintendo consoles, and even appeared in one of the Wario games. I don't see his chances bigger than Sonic and Megaman, but he's one of the only other good choices for a third party character.
60%

Paper Mario x5

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Competing with other 3rd party characters such as Sonic is the only thing that is stopping Bomberman from getting in. But with that said Sakurai did say that he wanted 2-3 more 3rd party characters other than Snake. So the inclusion of Bomberman is rises. I give him 60%.

Nominations - Gex(x5)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Bomberman would be neat, but he has tons of competition. I still stand behind my 20%, though the fan base could rise it all the way up to 40%. All and all I'll need to see a good move setup to porve he's fit, plus he'll have to compete behind Sonic and MM!

Plus, who knows, Sakurai never stated (as I recall) there can't be multiple characters from a 3rd party, so that leaves Tails and Shadow open. If he did, then that hope is dead. Otherwise Tails has gates wide open, and Bomberman's chances generally decrease. I still think 1-3 more 3rd party characters is what it's gonna end up at, and there are a ton of characters wanted!

Anyone who thinks that Master Chief (You can hope all you want) is eminent for SSBB, you're crazy. I doubt 4th party characters will ever be welcomed, even in SSB 12 or something! The fact of the matter is Why would Nintendo sponsor and put up Master Chief as a good character, showing off him off, when he is both of Microsoft's jokers! Might as well have Nintendo say "buy the 360 over the Wii!" It just doesn't make sense!:laugh:

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I really want Bomberman in the game (more than sonic) but it seems that he won't make it in because of limited 3rd party space and competition with sonic and megaman. But still, he has appeared in about 30 nintendo games and he's classic so I'll give him 55%, I just can't give him any lower

nominate Lip x5

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
There is a lot f competition for the 3rd party slots, but Bomberman is one of the more recognisable ones. While he does semm to be a one trick pony, the same could be said for Marth and he still turned out well, and it's not as if he has to use bombs for every attack (he still has arms to punch with). He doesn't seem to unlikely IMO.

55%

Nominate: Takamaru (x5)

megachao24

Smash Cadet
Good ol' Bomberman. It's hard to say just what happen to him over the years, but if he needs a little boost to get him back on his feet, Brawl is a good start. Though the biggest remains; very hefty compeition, and probably a rigged one at that.

A 50% chance.

Takamaru x3, Ayumi Tachibana x2

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
I'd give Takamaru... 55%. His popularity is high over in the land of the rising sun and big-anime-eyes, but he's not that well-known in America. I've been to Japan, and I saw his picture on an old game for the NES/Famicom, but I didn't know who he was until about a year later, when I joined this board and read about him from SSJ4Kazuki. And you know, Sakurai did say he wanted to keep Japan-only characters to a minimum this time. (Is he Japan-only? I'm not completely sure...)

And I'm with Numa Dude- Samurai Goroh [x5]. I'm all in for my Samurai.

I can't believe I haven't checked out this thread in all the time it's been here! This was an excellent idea for a thread!

Croco

Smash Lord
Takamaru may have a slight chance of getting in Brawl..
The problem is he is a Japanese only game.
I'll give him a 60% chance.. because a character like that could happen.
I could see him as the next WTF character.

Nomination- Mike Jones x5

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Surely there are gonna be more Japan-only characters, this time only not as much. But that doesn't mean they won't be there. Takamaru is Japanese only, a retro character and populair so I think he's got a decent shot. Never played his game, but I'm pretty intressted in this character. Yes he's a swordsman but I've got no doubt that he's gonna be unique.

I give Takamaru 57% of making an apperance in Brawl!

Nominations:
Dun Dun DUUUUUUUUUN... DIDDY / DIXIE x5 What a suprise! :laugh:

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
Okay, fewer popular characters. fine. But Characters that no one in the U.S. or Europe has ever heard of? That might have not offered anything new to gaming? Who can't really judge because Ferro can't too much information on his games on THE INTERNET? Huh? I do not understand why he could even be considered. He isn't a mainstream or cult favorite, it seems. He's just...there. And I don't trust American perceptions of how people think in Japan that much. We always seem pretty biased by the bit of their culture we get over here. Maybe 5%, just because I could be mistaken about him.

nominte miix5. (We were so close! And we came so far!)

EDIT:
Anyone who thinks that Master Chief (You can hope all you want) is eminent for SSBB, you're crazy. I doubt 4th party characters will ever be welcomed, even in SSB 12 or something! The fact of the matter is Why would Nintendo sponsor and put up Master Chief as a good character, showing off him off, when he is both of Microsoft's jokers! Might as well have Nintendo say "buy the 360 over the Wii!" It just doesn't make sense!:laugh:
Do you actually read posts? Or do you just skim through looking for keywords to respond to? "Someone wrote the words 'Master Chief?!' Moron." I know he wouldn't get in. I said he wouldn't get in. I just said, he represents games. Halo is one of the most popular games of all time, and a lot of the mainstream perception of games is influenced by it. That's all.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
You guys are aware that there are other links offered on the wikipage about the character, right?

That is just the page about Takamaru. There is a whole second section if you click his game and read about it.

Top Bottom