• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 126 - Walter White (Breaking Bad)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KillerCage

Smash Master
Watch out Samurai Jack!

Chances- 75%

Let's get this out of the way: Jack's biggest problem is competition from other Cartoon Network characters. He is from the early 2000s era of CN which is the group I feel has the most difficulty getting a character into MultiVerses aside from Ben 10. However it is worth noting that Jack got one more final season back in 2017. That final season aired on Adult Swim (Cartoon Network's TV block for mature content) and I don't believe we have any content from Adult Swim yet. I say Jack has a work around in regards to competition and he has a decent chance at getting into MultiVerses.

Want- 75%

While I haven't seen the whole series, I have seen quite a number of episodes of Samurai Jack. He was also in one of the best episodes of Death Battle Season 5 against Afro Samurai. One reason to bring him into MultiVerse is for the interactions among the roster. I also think Jack is unique enough to be distinct from other sword fighters in the roster. Honestly I think Samurai Jack deserves to be in MultiVerses as he is an iconic character.

My noms: The Powerpuff Girls x10 (btw DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 their nom total should be x25 including this)

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Samurai Jack

Chance: 80%. I know I've said this a lot about a lot of characters, but I'm putting Jack into the "Will be added to the game eventually, provided the game doesn't completely redefine itself" camp... He's beloved. His 2017 reboot/final-season gives him a bit of a multi-generational vibe, even if that reboot is explicitly for adult fans of the original, especially in comparison to something like, say, the 2016 Powerpuff Girls. He has one of the most fighting-game-ready movesets of Cartoon Network's library. Heck, he's already been referenced in a major Warner Bros fighting game IP!

And, y'know, he was also actually playable in Cartoon Network Punch-Time Explosion... I just wanted to reference that Mortal Kombat Easter Egg... Kotal Kahn shares a VA with Samurai Jack

So, yeah, popular character from a popular series with obvious fighting game potential... plus 2000s nostalgia is becoming trendier with time. Definitely think this is a pretty likely pick!

Want: Abstain. I am beginning to think I had my memory wiped of all Cartoon Network IPs I watched as a child, as we keep on rating characters from shows I objectively know I watched as a kid, but I have retained no memory of...

Noms: All on Zatanna

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Samurai Jack

Chance: 60%
A beloved CN original that is still relevant to this day thanks to its final season. Since that season was for Adult Swim the show has proven multidemographic appeal. And he's a samurai, that moveset writes itself. With all this I'd say Jack is at the front of the pack when it comes to CN reps.

Want: 100%
Never actually watched his show. However I've enjoyed everything else Genndy's ever made so I'd probably be into Jack. Plus he looks cool.

Noms: Peacemaker

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Here's your samurai

Chance: 51%

Samurai Jack is up there with shows like Ed, Edd, n Eddy, Powerpuff Girls, and KND as one of the major classics of the 2000s. Not only does it have the nostalgia factor, it also has relevance thanks to the final season, which alone pushes it above most of the classic CN catalog. And as everyone else pointed out, Jack is a samurai, and he's got enough techniques and moments from the show for him to stand out from any other potential samurai users. Honestly he might be one of the few who are not too far behind Ben 10 when it comes to CN characters I can see Warner Bros prioritizing.

Want: 60%

Not one of my favorites from the spectacular 2000s period, but it was a solid, stylish show. I can respect its inclusion.

Noms: K.O x5

Lola Bunny
Chance: 40%
Want: 40.56%

Noms List

100+

75-99
The Winchester Brothers x85

50-74
Harry Potter x55
Peacemaker x55
Peanuts content x53
K.O x50

25-49
Fred Flintstone x45
Charles Kane x41
Concept: Characters with no strong Warner Bros connection x39
Zatanna x35
Mad Max x35
John Constantine x30
Doomsday x30
The Impractical Jokers x30
Deathstroke x30

1-24
All Elite Wrestling rep x23
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Rick Sanchez x20
Concept: Hunter X Hunter rep x20
Audrey II x17
Wile E. Coyote x15
Powerpuff Girls x15
Jackie Chan x11
Kuroyukihime x11
Weiss Schnee x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
The Gilmore Girls (as a duo) x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Lion-O x5
Powerpuff Girls x5
Dexter x5
Steve Urkel x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Gizmo x4
Six Flags content x2
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Day over.

Rate Maxwell from Scribblenauts.

Some songs to get into the mood to write anything into existence:

D

Deleted member

Chance- 50%
Scribblenauts is an odd one. The last game was in 2018 and before that there hadn't been a major console release since the DC game in 2013, though that may have been because of burnout from yearly realses. It kind of just pops up now and then. I admittedly didn't really hear much talk about the last releases. As WB video game IPS go, Mortal Kombat is the obvious first pick, but I could see Maxwell after that. He doesn't really have anything major going against him. He's even met Batman once before! This is a case of "depends on how long they plan to keep this thing going."

Want - 80%
I liked these games a lot growing up! They're full of charm. A moveset for him basicly writes (hah) itself. You could spawn all kinds of crazy items and you could turn the writing into a really cool mechanic. This would probably be the closest we're ever gonna get to him being in Smash.

Noms to Mad Max

Last edited by a moderator:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Did Maxwell summon Darksied!?

I'm going to abstain from giving a Chance and Want score?
I don't know Maxwell well enough to justify any rating.

My noms: The Powerpuff Girls x5

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Abstain on both since I barely remember Scribblenauts

Noms
Kuroyukihime-x3
Weiss Schnee- x2

amageish

Smash Master
Maxwell

Chance: 30%. Scribblenauts was such a gem of the DS era. Two really unique and exciting puzzle games that got rightfully praised by fans and critics alike, sending the IP right into the mainstream. It got a mobile version (mixing elements from the DS titles), which is a big success on its own right, and all seemed like it was going well for both Scribblenauts and its developers, 5th Cell.

Scribblenauts' console debut was announced by Nintendo themselves at E3 and served as a launch title for the Wii U. It even came with some exclusive Nintendo crossover characters/items! Things were looking up for Scribblenauts.

Now, in 2022, this Nintendo content in Scribblenauts is one of the only things that kind of remains a Wii U exclusive... In that it wasn't included in the Switch version of Unlimited, but it is on the 3DS, so...

Then, under Warner, it got an entire game dedicated to DC IPs, full of iconic heroes and villains. This game with all the fancy tirmmings - some official tie-in comic books, variant covers for comics themed around the same, some physical merch, etc. It really seemed like this was an IP Warner was putting a lot of stock into!

It is always weird to see Quinn with Joker again. That's not a healthy relationship for you, Harley, no matter how smol and marketable you are!!!

And then... a BUNCH of developers left 5th cell, Warner Bros cancelled a Scribblenauts mobile game causing another slew of workers to be let go from the company, and 5th Cell kind of just... went quiet. They did release a new game last year, their first since 2013, which... seems to have recieved a positive reception, but also a very quiet reception. Even their Twitter is pretty quiet...

Warner did give another studio the Scribblenauts IP, having them port the older games to newer platforms and having them make a party game which is... um... a serviceable party game? A real anti-climax for such a beloved puzzle game series...

Now, where does this leave Maxwell for Multiversus? Well, he's still a character people like. People have requested he get into Smash itself before. It's a really unique IP in the Warner catalogue. Maxwell has serious moveset potential and also a very long list of costume options. I don't, however, think Maxwell is a character Warner execs would naturally be inclined to include though - especially as the IP is so associated with Nintendo and Multiversus is not currently coming out on Switch. This strikes me as something that could come down the line if fan demand is high enough though (or, y'know, if the dev team just really likes Scribblenauts).

Want: 90%. I really liked Scribblenauts as a kid! I never actually played the DC game or the party game, but doing this write-up has left me feeling nostalgic and so I think I'll pick up the Unlimited/DC two-pack for the Switch (it's on sale now anyway)... I'd enjoy seeing Maxwell in the game and it'd be cool to see what they do with him.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Maxwell (Scribblenauts)

Chance: 55%

He’s definitely got moveset potential and Scribblenauts ran for a good while. Plus, the fact it crossed over once with the entire DC universe is telling the franchise is no stranger to crossovers. However, the series has not received anything new in a while. It’s only a matter of if WB Games has the urge to include Scribblenauts in MultiVersus. Mortal Kombat is pretty much the only video game IP in the Warner Bros family that is just about guaranteed a rep in MultiVersus.

Overall, Maxwell would be such a fun character. Scribblenauts is a gem for its time. I even created the support thread for him as well. He’s truly deserving for how much content he can bring. Hopefully with Maxwell in MultiVersus, we can have a potential revival for Scribblenauts!

Noms:
Peanuts Content x5
Sesame Street Content x5

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Samurai Jack
Chance: 66.83%
Want: 67%

Noms List

100+

75-99

50-74
Peacemaker x60
Harry Potter x55
K.O x55
Peanuts content x53

25-49
Fred Flintstone x45
Mad Max x45
Zatanna x45
Charles Kane x41
John Constantine x30
Doomsday x30
Deathstroke x30
Powerpuff Girls x25

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Rick Sanchez x20
Audrey II x17
Wile E. Coyote x15
Kuroyukihime x14
Weiss Schnee x13
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Lion-O x5
Dexter x5
Steve Urkel x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Gizmo x4
Six Flags content x2
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Starite Hunter

Chance: 12%
In the DS, Scribblenauts was the bomb. It's one of the first examples I can remember of a high concept, technically visionary indie game breaking out to massive success. You can't talk DS without mentioning Scribblenauts, and Nintendo knew what was up: they made Unlimited a big Wii U launch exclusive. The series also had a DC crossover game for the 3DS, and, after 5th Cell moved on, a spin-off party game for Switch. It's clear that the franchise is no longer in its heyday but there's no denying its mark on gaming history.

To this day, Scribblenauts enjoys a strong cult following that fondly remembers it. Thanks to that, Maxwell has enjoyed a healthy demand to be in Smash. I believe that can translate to support in MultiVersus, and the devs have probably already taken notice of the series' fandom. Barring Mortal Kombat, I can't think of a WB gaming IP that's more likely. Granted, if the game goes beyond the WB pool of IP, Scribblenauts quickly goes from big fish in small pond to small fish in infinite pond, but for now it's not looking bad for him.

Scribblenauts was my childhood. I played Super constantly, bought a Wii U just to play Unlimited. If I could have gotten my hands on a real life rooster hat I'd have worn it everywhere, I'm certain of it. So to see Maxwell acknowledged in such a major way would be a delight, even if it's not Smash. Plus just imagine what they could do for a moveset! The possibilities are endless.

Noms to Peacemaker

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
The best notebook ever

Chance: 20%

Scribblenauts was quite popular at one point. It was a mainstay on the DS and continued to be successful during the Wii U and 3DS era. Heck, it got a whole crossover game with DC which was a brilliant idea and shows that the franchise had promise. Keyword: had. Unfortunately the IP died down a lot in recent years due to some really bad circumstances that Amageish highlighted. Still, Scribblenauts did get a party game which is something at least, plus there have been some ports of the older games to current consoles so the IP is still kicking in a way. Overall, Scribblenauts is still relevant, has a strong legacy, and has a good amount of demand to it. Not to mention I can see Warner Bros wanting to show off some of their gaming IPs in MultiVersus and Scribblenauts is easily number two right behind Mortal Kombat.

Scribblenauts is da bomb. The only game I've actually played is Unlimited but that was enough to make me fall in love with the series. The game oozes with charm with so many creative puzzles to solve, memorable music, and even the ability to just run around and cause some mayhem. You can summon a giant T-rex to terrorize people then summon a group of soldiers to fight it. Or you can use a jetpack to fly around and explore. This series really is the definition of creativity and I would love for it to get content. Plus the moveset potential is literally endless!

Noms: Doomsday x10

Day over.

Rate Pim and Charlie from Smiling Friends.

Some videos to get into the mood to smile:

That's all I'll share since there's some mature content in here. So here's your warning.

A reminder that this is the last day of the schedule. So make those noms count. Also, there is going to be a special day afterwards (Hint: Look at the calendar).

D

Deleted member

smiling_friends_meme_template_by_girl_time_2015_deyvuto-pre.png

Chance - 50%
Smiling Friends took the Internet by storm recently. It has some stuff going for it, namely popularity, creators with an online presence who would probably be up for its inclusion, and the game director is apparently a fan. It's biggest problem is recency, the pilot debuted online in 2020 but the actual show did not start airing until January of this year. The chances of a character from it being on the base roster are less than zero. But for DLC? I wouldn't say its out of the question, the show just got an order for a second season, so unless it suddenly drops in popularity between seasons, I could see them waiting to include it. I don't think the swearing and violence would be an issue as I don't think the show is any worse than Rick and Morty, which is known to be in the game. In terms of the actual character chosen, as memorable and funny as characters like Mr Frog, 3D Squeldon and Shrimp are, it would have to be Pim and Charlie. You could choose to go with one over the other but I think together would be the way to go.

Want - 80%
I, like a lot of the Internet, fell in love with this stupid cartoon. It was just a lot of fun and was enjoyable in a way a lot of modern day adult cartoons just aren't. Part of me does feel they should focus on legacy franchises for the game, at least at first. But I would be extremely happy if a Smiling Friends character did make it in. You'd have to get creative with their moveset but I certainly think it's doable. Charile would hit hard and be heavier while Pim would be light and quick. They could make use various references to their show.

Noms to Mad Max

KillerCage

Smash Master
Wait, Pim and Charlie are not from "Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared"?

Once again I have to abstain from giving either a Chance score or a Want score as I'm not familiar with this duo.

amageish

Smash Master
Pim and Charlie

Chance: 60%. Adult animation is in an interesting place right now, isn't it? There was an era where adult animation became dominated by "What if classic sitcom tropes, but edgy?" and it feels like we're finally seeing high-budget more experimental stuff entering the mainstream. Smiling Friends is definitively a part of that! It's popular, trendy, and has solid moveset potential. It is very much for adults, but I'm not too concerned about that with Game of Thrones and Harley Quinn already on the roster.

Now, we don't know how far ahead the Multiversus team has been planning. This is a F2P game that will be getting continual updates, so it is theoretically possible they planned the first year+ of additional roster picks back when the game was initially being planned, which IIRC was 2+ years ago? So, it's possible Pim and Charlie basically missed the boat, at least for the beginning of the roster... but, even then, I think they're pretty likely to come within time - or at least one of them, if they're not made into a full-on duo fighter.

Want: 80%. This would be an interesting artistic/stylistic challenge, but I'd love to see how the team approaches it! The potential for character interactions is also high with these two.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
We all smile

Chance: 35%

Smiling Friends is a show that hit the scene fairly recently on Adult Swim. It seems to be doing well for itself, with a second season already confirmed. If it continues to be successful, I can see Warner Bros shilling it in MultiVersus. Now I've said this a couple times already, but I do think The Venture Bros is the frontrunner for Adult Swim due to its popularity and legacy. However, after that it's basically anyone's game.

Want: 0%

I'm glad to hear the show is doing well and a good amount of people like it. But it's not for me. Personally I never liked Adult Swim's original content and with shows like Smiling Friends, I think the art style is ugly and unappealing to look at.

Noms: Fred Flintstone x5

Calcs coming tomorrow

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Pim and Charlie

Abstain on both because not too familiar on the duo

Noms
Kuroyukihime x3
Weiss Schnee- x2

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Maxwell
Chance: 33.40%
Want: 94%

Congrats to Maxwell! He is now the most wanted character!

Noms List

100+

75-99

50-74
Peacemaker x70
Peanuts content x58
Harry Potter x55
K.O x55
Mad Max x55
Zatanna x55

25-49
Fred Flintstone x45
Charles Kane x41
Doomsday x40
John Constantine x30
Deathstroke x30
Powerpuff Girls x30

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Rick Sanchez x20
Audrey II x17
Kuroyukihime x17
Wile E. Coyote x15
Weiss Schnee x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Lion-O x5
Dexter x5
Steve Urkel x5
Sesame Street content x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Gizmo x4
Six Flags content x2
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

I should clarify that the next top 7 won't be locked down until after the upcoming special day. The top 7 looks to be set in stone, but there is still today and the next day to offer some shakeups.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Pim and Charlie

Chance: 16%
Well this is a bit of a new one. However the powers that be have shown faith in this show as its already got a second season greenlit. With it being very popular, if it gathers a loud fanbase it might just be in the right spot for the stars to align promotionally. Still, there are a lot of Adult Swim shows past and present that could get the nod. Hell, with leaks, I suspect that the devs' method is not to spread the love but rather double down on a select group of franchises, so we might just get 4 Rick & Morty reps.

Want: 75%
I haven't watched Smiling Friends. It doesn't really look like my style, both in terms of humor (internet-style "anything goes" humor has its place but I can't handle it in large doses) and animation (I prefer it when it looks pretty). That said, a close friend of mine is a huge fan of it and excitedly shared trailers with me. That, plus the apparent entirety of the animation community regarding it as mana from heaven, has endeared it to me as something that has answered a lot of people's calls. Because of that I'm all for giving the show some love. My one concern was that a moveset would have to be forced, but from what I'm reading that wouldn't be an issue.

Noms: Peacemaker

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
This is a little early but I have work tomorrow so I need my sleep.

Day over.

Rate Big Chungus, either as his own playable character or as a skin. Let the reckoning begin.

Some videos to get into the mood to rate this chunky boi:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Not into Multiversus, but this is unironically one I feel I can chime in for

Chance as a unique fighter: 40%
Chance to appear in any form (like a taunt): 99%
WB love their memes, with Chungus being one of their favourites - to the point of being in fellow overbudgeted "go buy HBO Max!" crossover Space Jam 2 - and this game already has UI Shaggy, showing it isn't shy to memes. If Clones are to be in this game Chungus would probably be the top pick considering 1. TV shows and movies don't have the need for clone characters games do making options scarce, and 2. Chungus being a big chunky boy makes him possible to distinguish from a gameplay perspective. However, I do think the most likely scenario is that Chungus will be a taunt, given that the shapeshifting of Bugs into Chungus in the original short fits the timing of a taunt perfectly.

While I'm here... 3 noms for ALF and 2 for Knight & Ostrich

amageish

Smash Master
Big Chungus

Chance: 50%. Big Chungus is, of course, an internet meme about a cartoon rabbit, taking a screenshot of an old 1940s Looney Tunes cartoon and claiming it to be a modern-day video game Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series. People would bother workers just trying to do their jobs ask employees of video game stores for copies of Big Chungus and post it online. People would edit together images of Bugs in his Big Chungus form and post it online, usually focused on how big he is.

Like a lot of modern meme culture, this meme has kind of arrived at a point where it is meant to be unfunny/overplayed and that overplayed nature itself is basically the joke. It also began being used for some scary extremist stuff, but I'm not about to open that can of worms here.

Looking at Google Trends, it is safe to say that this meme got super big and then dropped pretty hard, with its modern tick-ups mostly coming from when big corporations (including Warner Bros itself) acknowledge it. That said, it remains a recognizable meme to this day.

1648833099717.png

And let's go and review some of those acknowledgements!

There's the time Big Chungus was added to a Looney Tunes mobile games for April Fool's...

There was the time Big Chungus got to cameo briefly in Space Jam: A New Legacy. Bugs becomes it when mocking a version of Lebron dressed as Elmer Fudd, which doesn't really make sense when Lebron doesn't even vaguely look like that...

Then there's this actual US Army cannon, which feels like it must be some galaxy-brain army recruitment strategy which I am inadvertently falling falling for by including it in this list.

And, of course, there is a lot of merch related to Chungus sold on sites like Teepublic and Redbubble, which assumedly must be making money as people keep on making new designs for it.

Now, for Multiversus... This is a very safe meme to reference somewhere in the game, but I do not know where they would do it and if it'd be in a playable form, especially as this would probably result in some hitbox issues if it was a skin for old Bugs (though maybe it could be a one-day skin for April Fool's Day where the jank hitboxes are part of the joke; idk). I'm defaulting to 50-50 odds as I just don't know what it would be.

Want: 0%. As we all know, I hate fun. I have never experienced joy in my life and do not entirely understand the concept. Is it, like, an absence of melancholy? Weird. It sounds weird. I am scared of it and I therefore do not like it. (this is a joke)

That said, I prefer Multiversus sticks primarily to the actual IPs it is including in the game and not the meme culture that exists around them.

D

Deleted member

as a character- 8%
as a Skin 40%
as a Taunt/Emote - 90%
WB and Player First clearly love their memes. Ultra Instinct Shaggy is not only in this game, but if you beive certain roumors, part of the reason this game exists in the first place! Big Chungus is a much bigger meme than the Shaggy one. He's in Space Jam 2! Not only is he in the Looney Tunes gatcha game (a sentence I can't believe I just typed) but he has multiple variants! I feel some form of acknowledgement is extremely likely. As a fighter? It's not impossible. I personally don't see it. I feel it depends the route that take this game in. With so many character choices, especially if do start adding outside crossover characters, I'm not 100 percent sure if I see them doing this. But I honestly can't say it's impossible. As a skin? I could potentially see that. The size could be an issue but the presence of skins such as Pickle Rick and Fiona in the recent datamine implies that they're open to changing characters a bit for skins. However. I want to remind pepole that this game uses a battlepass system, and often in these games those have unlockable emotes/taunts, a perfect role for the rotund rabbit. I didn't keep up with everything that was revealed in the beta datamine (gotta keep SOME surprises) but I don't remember hearing anything about him, which makes me think they've may be saving him for something down the line.

Want - As a fighter- 1%
Anywhere else - 30%
This meme kind of got old a long time back, though I feel the same way about UI Shaggy if I'm quite honest. But at the same time I can't pretend that part of me wouldn't find it a little amusing if he did get in, but I do think a playable spot would be a bit of a waste, especially when you have all of WB available to you. Anywhere else though? Fine. I could accept it. A taunt would probably be the best fit and would likely be funny when used in online (Brawl sonic flashbacks, anyone?)

Noms to Scooby Doo.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Game of the year every year big chungus

Chance: 55%
That percentage is as a fighter. I think it's guaranteed that he will show up as a taunt or some other kind of Easter Egg. So if that's what we're rating this is a legit, unironic 100%.

As for a fighter, well, WB is in full-force "how do you do fellow kids?" mode. UI Shaggy was one of the first characters announced for this game, and Chungus himself has been featured in official media like Space Jam 2 and the Looney Tunes gacha. It's a safe, child-friendly, haha funni meme that they happen to own and that would likely cause more headlines than any other character period (I still remember when every game publication reporting on the announcement of MultiVersus labeled it as "a game where you can play as UI Shaggy"). So yes, I think they'll definitely make it happen.

Want: abstain
It's hard to gauge how much enjoyment I'd derive from this. I generally don't like troll characters in crossovers as it's always a spot that could've gone to a worthy character. And Big Chungus is, at this point, a corporate perversion of a dead meme that I never found particularly funny to begin with. At the same time, a couple of years ago I bought a friend a videogame for his birthday (The World Ends With You, btw) and swapped out the cover for Big Chungus on the PS4. He still keeps it so, y'know, maybe I'm part of the problem.

Noms: now that Chris is safe it's time to move on to my latest HBO obsession
Stede Bonnet (Our Flag Means Death) x10

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Big Chungus

Chance- 5%
I know WB really loves their memes but I feel like there's a good chance Chungus won't be a fighter. I think he'll most likely be an alt costume though.

Want-100%
Big Chungus is one of the memes I am pretty fond of. Would be very amazing to see a funny meme be an actual fighter.

Noms
Kuroyukihime- x3
Weiss Schnee- x2

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Look at the size of that thing!

Chance: 70%

I straight up believe that Big Chungus is very likely. For real. It's a meme centered around a property that Warner Bros owns and UI Shaggy opens the floodgates for meme characters to exist in this game. Heck, they've acknowledged the meme several times as mentioned above. This would overall be a simple inclusion that would attract quite a bit of attention if the hype around UI Shaggy is anything to go by.

Want: 70%

I get the argument that this would take away attention from some other candidate that has unironic reasons to be included. But dam it this is some funny **** right here. Plus seeing Big Chungus fight UI Shaggy would elevate this game even further beyond for me.

Noms: Fred Flintstone x5

Pim and Charlie
Chance: 40.25%
Want: 58.75%

Noms List

100+

75-99
Peacemaker x80

50-74
Mad Max x65
Zatanna x65
Peanuts content x58
Harry Potter x55
K.O x55
Fred Flintstone x50

25-49
Charles Kane x41
Doomsday x40
Powerpuff Girls x35
John Constantine x30
Deathstroke x30

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Rick Sanchez x20
Kuroyukihime x20
Audrey II x17
Weiss Schnee x17
Wile E. Coyote x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Lion-O x5
Dexter x5
Steve Urkel x5
Sesame Street content x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Gizmo x4
Six Flags content x2
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

FYI the next top 7 will lock down tonight at midnight (12 AM EST). So get your ratings in before then.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I just realized we are actually rating Big Chungus for real.
For that I have to abstain to giving a Chance and Want score.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate the Winchester brothers from Supernatural.

Some videos to get into the spooky mood:

THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOW LOCKED DOWN. NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NULL & VOID:
Day 37 - The Winchester brothers (Supernatural)
Day 38 - Peacemaker (DC Comics)
Day 39 - Zatanna (DC Comics)
Day 40 - Mad Max
Day 41 - Concept: Peanuts content
Day 42 - Harry Potter
Day 43 - K.O. (OK KO! Let's Be Heroes) and Fred Flintstone (The Flintstones)

Big Chungus calcs coming sometime soon

Noms List

100+

75-99

50-74

25-49
Charles Kane x41
Doomsday x40
Powerpuff Girls x40
John Constantine x30
Deathstroke x30

1-24
Kuroyukihime x23
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Rick Sanchez x20
Weiss Schnee x19
Audrey II x17
Wile E. Coyote x15
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Scooby-Doo x10
Stede Bonnet x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Lion-O x5
Dexter x5
Steve Urkel x5
Sesame Street content x5
Knight and Ostrich x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Gizmo x4
Six Flags content x2
Shana x2
Alfred E. Neuman x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Winchester brothers - Abstain on both due to not seen Supernatural

Noms
Kuroyukihime- x3
Weiss Schnee- x2

amageish

Smash Master
The Winchester Brothers

Chance: 60%. Supernatural is undeniably a cultural juggernaut... if you know where to look, at least. With a whopping 15 seasons and 300+ episodes, Supernatural is one of the longest-running and most successful American fantasy series... ever. Its fandom was inescapable for a long while online and its fandom helped define/codify a lot of now-common fandom and fanfiction motifs - for better and for worse.

Now, the show has handed, but it's cultural presence has very much stayed. Castiel/Deean is still the second-biggest ship of 2021 on the fanfiction website AO3... There is also prequel series in the work based on the Winchester parents, though Supernatural has had a lot of spin-offs come and go without actually being picked up, so we'll see if that happens.

And, hey, uh, if people want anime reps, they're that too...

Ugh, why are there so many anime ghost-hunters in my fighting game?

Now, my initial thought was honestly "Eh, it probably won't happen due to contradicting fandom spheres - Supernatural is huge, sure, but that doesn't mean it's huge with the people Warner wants to target Multiversus at"... but I don't think that's true, honestly? Looking at the Multiversus roster that we know, we already got more adult IPs and we have IPs closely associated with Tumblr fandoms. So, yeah, I think this is another pretty plausible pick? It's just the usual probably-going-to-happen-eventually-unless-the-game-wildly-changes-scope situation.

Want: Abstain. I've watched the first arc of Supernatural, but it was so long ago now that it is hard for me to truly hold an opinion on it. I do semi-regularly see memes about spoilers from later seasons and some of the stuff seems absurd enough that I honestly cannot tell if they are actual spoilers or an elaborate practical joke?

Noms: All on Renee Montoya (DC)

D

Deleted member

Carry on my wayward sons

Chance- 50%
Supernatural was a big show for a time. The fandom was nigh inescapable on certain parts of the Internet for a number of years. But these days not so much. The show ended, and said ending was mocked and derided by fans. However that didn't stop them from putting Game of Thrones In this game. There is currently at least one spin off in development, though this show has a history of spin offs that never get picked up, but it shows WB aren't completely done with this thing. This show wouldn't feel out of place in a game like this could, they've already met Shaggy even! I could see WB wanting to give the CW some form of representation, and the brothers are the only non-DC Comics related pick I really see them doing, unless they really want to put Cheryl Blossom in this thing. I could possibly see the brothers getting in if a member of the dev team pushes for it.

Want- 20%
I haven't watched this show in years, I quite like the early Eric Kripke produced (which makes me realise how much I'd love to see Homelander in this thing) seasons but I dropped off after a certain point. The show was always light but it just kind of became too silly to deal with, and the fanbase just became a major turn off if I'm honest. There's nothing wrong with shippers but it reached insasly toxic levels . However. I do think they could be pretty cool. Their roles as monster hunters means they have access to a lot of cool tools. Jensen and Jared are cool dudes and I could imagine the brothers having a lot of cool dialogue with the weird and wacky characters found in this game. They're not my most wanted but if they got in I'd be cool with it.

Noms to Scooby Doo

KillerCage

Smash Master
So how are those relationships faring, Winchesters?

Chances- 65%

While they are not guaranteed, I do think the Winchester Brothers do have a fair chance making it into MultiVerses. As others have mentioned, Supernatural lasted for 15 seasons which makes it the longest running show on the CW. The IP was so big that it even got an anime! Heck, Supernatural is no stranger to crossovers. Just look at their crossover with Scooby Doo!

There are a reason why I hesitate at giving a higher score. The CW itself doesn't have a great reputation as showcased with their handling of the Arrowverse and the "live-action" Powerpuff Girls reboot. As I understand, Supernatural started to drop in quality at the end of Season 5. Considering this dropoff, I kinda worry the devs don't want to touch the franchise due to the stigma. There is also the possibility the devs don't want to do live action TV characters, but that seems far-fetched. The biggest boon for the Winchester Brothers is that they have no real competition for a CW or live action show representative.

Want- Abstain

I have only seen two episodes of the first season. Therefore I have to abstain giving a Want score for the Winchester brothers.

My noms: The Powerpuff Girls x10

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Modern X Files

Chance: 60%

Supernatural was a phenomenon that captured the imagination of its audience with its stories of monsters, demons, and even gods. It was a major success that spawned a whopping 15 seasons with 327 episodes in total. There is also a ton of merchandise and promotion for it, including Scoobynatural which yes, is a thing. Really, this (and the moveset with the brothers being monsters hunters) just speaks for itself.

Want: 75%

I've yet to watch this show but it sounds like it's right up my alley. Two people teaming up to investigate and fight monsters and ghosts? Well that just speaks to me as a huge horror fan and considering The X Files is my favorite show, I'll put this series on my watch list.

Noms - Concept: Characters with no Warner Bros connection x5

Big Chungus
Chance: 44.67%
Want: 42.75%

Top Bottom