• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 140 - Leatherface (The Texas Chain Saw Massacre) and Mac & Bloo (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wilt (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)

Chance: 45%
I don't think a Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends character is particularly unlikely but it depends on a few what ifs. With the series' upcoming revival, there's a good chance we might get some content from it - but with all the CN shows people have been clamoring for, that one kinda feels a bit lower on the list of requests. However, the dev team is pretty enthusiastic about adding CN content so that's a big plus. We might not get Foster in Multiversus quickly but we'll probably see it sometime.

I have my doubts about whether Wilt will be the one chosen, though. There's always the chance that they could go for one of the other friends for whatever reason. While I don't think it'd be a deal breaker, it's also worth noting there's already a character who fights mainly by playing basketball.

Want: 50%
I'm kinda neutral on Wilt, tbh. Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends was never one of my favorite CN shows and even in the show, I have characters I like more, like Coco. He's a sweetheart though so I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him in Multiversus. It'd be pretty funny if they added him along with Bloo, given how they're polar opposites in every imaginable way.

Swamp Thing (DC)

Chance: 30%
As with all DC characters who didn't got leaked or have a big vocal support, it's hard to put Swamp Thing's chances high as he faces some stiff competition. He's always been one of the more fringe DC characters despite his popularity and it's hard to imagine him being a particularly marketable character.

With that said, Multiversus isn't a stranger to referencing some darker superhero comics and Swamp Thing would among the short list if they want to add more heavyset characters. Also with his recent appearances in Justice League Dark and with the announcement that he'll get a movie as a part of the new DC Extended Universe, I think we can just as easily see him as a smaller pick who has promotion on their side.

Want: 90%
Swamp Thing is great! He always brings a unique perspective to the more human-centric superhero groups and I love how well-meaning he is despite his creepy appearance. It'd be a treat to see him in Multiversus's style and have him interact with some of the cast - I can see him having some strong opinions of Watermelon Steven... A big, lumbering tank who can control plants and regenerate also sounds like a fun moveset.

Nominations: Rosie the Robot x5, Black Dynamite x5

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Wilt

Chance: 34%

a Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends rep is a great pick being a Cartoon Network rep, and it could be good how would be his moveset on the game,but i don't think that a side char-over-protag as Wilt is a good choice for starting as a Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends,probably Mac and Bloo is better choices than him for starting,and if the cartoon gets a revival,probably it happens that he or Mac and Bloo joins the MultiVersus

Want: 20%

i remember watching Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends,is not my favorite from Cartoon Network,but is a classic,but as i said,Wilt is not a great choice for begining as a rep for this cartoon

Swamp Thing

Chance: 22%

Swamp Thing is a interesting choice,having nature powers attacks like in Injustice 2,could be good,and on my opinion he is a neat,being a DC rep,but i see that he's not sooooooo popular like Batan, Superman, Flash and others heroes and villains on case

Want: 27%

on my opinion is a....okay pick,if he joins into the MultiVersus,but is okay of have a non-human character from DC Comics as him,but i think that Swamp Thing is not very mega popular,i believe that rarely will happen

ivanlerma

Smash Master
I'll rate Wilt Later, i'm currently having some mixed thoughts about him in the game and Swamp Thing? i want to look him up to know a little bit of him but if i rate him i will abstain on my wants.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Wilt

Chance: 50%

I do have confidence he will make it in eventually. Opossum has said everything that I would have wanted to say. That said, I do want to add that Wilt being associated with basketball when we already got Lebron James isn't a big deal imo. Not that anyone in this thread is making a big stink about that or anything, but I do want to point out that Wilt's body type would lend to some really unique animations and plus there's other material from the show they can work with. Other than that, my only concern is competition but, as explained by others, Wilt is a fan favorite and Foster's has the legacy and upcoming shill power to be included. Overall, I think things are lining up for Wilt quite well.

Want: 70%

I'd be happy with him. Foster's was a pretty good show. It's not one of my favorites growing up or anything, but I did watch a lot of it and looking at those clips now as an adult gave me more of an appreciation for the show. In terms of my top pick for the series, I think Wilt and Eduardo are tied so I would be satisfied with this outcome.

Swamp Thingamajig

Chance: 20%

He has a decent chance, I suppose. He has gotten some movies, a (short-lived) show, appearances in a variety of modern DC media like Harley Quinn, some of the animated films and Lego DC Super-Villains, and is supposed to be getting a horror film down the road. But while he is being acknowledged and used a lot recently, so is many other DC characters and there are a lot more famous characters from the brand who aren't in yet.

That's not to say that is an insurmountable obstacle or anything; his unique design and characteristics could be enough to give him a roster spot within the game's lifespan. Still, with the DC pool being so vast, I am a bit skeptical on how much of a priority Swamp Thing would be.

Want: 65%

I don't know much about him, but from what I've gathered he looks to be up my alley with the horror angle. While I wouldn't want DC to oversaturate the roster, this would be a darn cool pick.

Noms: Leatherface x10

Calcs coming soon enough...

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Master
I'll abstain on both for now, if i wound up gaining confidence on rating Wilt then i will.

I'll use all my nominations to Mac & Bloo.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Wilt
Chance: 40%
Feel like I am slightly less confident on this than others. Fosters getting a rep actually seems fairly likely in and of itself. The show was always seen as a bit of a workhorse, getting constantly soild ratings across its run and even in reruns. It's getting a new pre-school focused reboot soon. I still hear it talked about fairly often. As with a lot of Cartoon Network picks, the biggest thing it has against it is competition from other shows, but I do think with time it could happen.

As for Wilt himself. Maybe. The thing with Fosters so that it's an ensemble show. Each character pick is vaild in and of itself. Wilt seems to be a pretty popular character, used heavily in marketing for the show and being one of the more recurring main characters. We've seen them skip over main characters before such as getting Shaggy before Scooby or Smith before Neo. It is possible they feel like his basketball abilities may be too similar to LeBron, but I don't see that since you could lean into his height and other things for a moveset. Honestly I think the most likey outcome is we get Bloo with a moveset that references the other friends in some way. Bloo being in the reboot makes me think he'll be the pick. I could still see Wilt though! also Phill Lemar is already voicing two characters so that makes getting him back easy

Worth noting we're seemingly getting stages that don't need to be tied to a character, and I think the titular home for imagery friends would is a very likely pick for such a thing .

Want - 65%
Sure! I like Fosters. I like Wilt. He's a cool dude. Has way more interesting moveset potential than Boo in my opinion, and I still think Bloo would be funI think building a moveset around his kind nature would actually be really interesting. There would of course be some basketball moves, and some movesw around his size. It would be fun to see him interact with characters like Jason and Joker. Fosters is a case where there are multiple options I could see working.

Chance: 70%
Swamp Thing is actually a strangely prominent DC character. When doctor Alec Holland was killed and thrown in the Swamp, he was reborn as the Swamp Thing! First appearing in the 1970s during the height of horror comics. The character was then placed in the main DCU and given his own tittle. This tittle was eventually rebooted as "The Saga of the Swamp Thing" . This title is pretty important to the history of DC, it launched the American carrier of Watchmen creator Alan Moore, and was also the comic to abandon the rules of the Comics Code Authority, which led the way for more creative freedom with what they could do. John Constantine also first appeared in this run. Swamp Thing was reworked from a classic horror monster into a cosmic guardian of the Green, the power of nature in the universe. The character would then become a recurring part of the DCU, often showing up in big events. In the 2010s he would become part of the Justice League Dark, a team made up of magic and supernatural characters such as Constantine and Zatanna.

The character has a surprisingly large appearance rate outside of comics too. There was a film in the 80s, which was followed by a sequel, a live action show and a cartoon spin off. There was then another live action TV spin off in the 2010s and he is set to get a new horror film as part of James Gunn's DCU relaunch. He also appears in the Justice League Dark animated films and will likely appear in the long planned live action project, should that ever actually happen. He even made it onto the Institute 2 roster. Someone at DC cleary has a soft spot for the big green swamp man.

I think the biggest thing holding him back is the same thing as every other DC pick, competition. There are still several major DC characters we don't have yet, I don't really know if old Swampy will push through. There's also another plant based DC character who I think is more requested and already has mentions in the files. I don't think that would really be an issue though. They have ever different body types and use their powers in different ways. I could see him getting in to promote his new film, but we currently don't know when that's coming out. This is a "if the team push for it" pick.

Want - 80%
Sure. I like this guy. It's been decades since I read it but I remember the Alan Moore run being pretty great. I haven't read much else but I have read some JLD comics and thought he was fun there. I find noble monster characters liked his really interesting. even quite liked the show from a few years ago. Plant users are an undertapped archetype for fighting games, especially platform fighters, and we could always use more big heavy fighters.

Noms to Lex Luthor.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Concept: Gundam rep
No scores ouch!!

Goober
Chance: 0.67%
Want: 56%

Noms List

50+

25-49
Cecils (Toonami) x45
Guardians of Ga'hoole rep x35
Furiosa x35
Yogi Bear x33
Lum the Invader x31
Shang Tsung x30
Jay Gatsby x30
Mothra x30
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x29
Concept: Ballmastrz 9009 characters x27
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x27
Cat in the Hat x26
Krypto the Superdog x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
Rick Flag x25
Professor Fate x25
Summer (Rick & Morty) x25
Leatherface x25

1-24
Sam (Trick r Treat) x24
George Jetson x24
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Concept: Velma (2023) skins x20
Dreamer x20
David Mills x20
Omar Little x17
Rosie The Robot x16
TOM x16
Concept: Marvel characters x16
Leonidas x15
Mumble (Happy Feet) x15
Dethlok x15
Revolting Slob (Crashbox) x15
Gabriel (Malignant) x15
Don Lockwood x14
Tanjiro x13
Black Dynamite x13
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Concept: Rapsittie Street Kids rep x10
Eva Ernst x10
Concept: Moral Orel rep x10
Fuzzy Lumpkins x10
Mr. Meeseeks x10
Colonel Rimfire x10
Mac & Bloo x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Slappy Squirrel x7
Concept: My Hero Academia characters x7
Supergirl x7
Sylvester and Tweety x7
Captain Planet x7
The Mask x7
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Booster Gold x5
Andrew W.K. x5
Pennywise x5
Spawn x5
Ken (Barbie) x5
Marine Boy x5
Wade Watts x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Godzooky x2
Jarro x1
Smormu x1

Day over.

Rate King Shark from DC Comics, as well as Concept: Succession content.

Here are some videos to prepare for a shark attack:

And here are some videos to get into the mood for dark comedy:

Abstaining on Concept: Succession content, although I agree that Gundam not qualifying for a score bites.

Aquaman's True Enemy
Chance: 70%
King Shark is a DC Comics villain. Currently, he's frequently used as a member of the Suicide Squad, which has ironically given him more relevance than outside that team. He's even in the Isekai anime with Harley Quinn and Joker, who are already in MultiVersus. Furthermore, Aquaman might be in Season 2 if certain rumors persist.

Want: 30%
I'm beginning to get tired of DC Comics characters being in MultiVersus. Especially those you can trace to Arkham Asylum. Unfortunately, this means my desire to see characters like King Shark has waned since. I'm sure he'll get in regardless, and he might be the most likely Suicide Squad member to get in at this rate. I just see him as an obligation.

Noms to Revolting Slob (Crashbox)

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
Been meaning to contribute but just have not had much to say, but on the topic of SUCCESSION, there is much to discuss. Anyway:

King Shark:

Chance: 35%

King Shark seems like the kind of character you'd throw in when the usual suspects for DC are out of the way. They've started using him a lot more as of late due to Suicide Squad (The) and the appeal is obvious: he's a funny shark man. I do think that would help him stand out if/when they start getting to deeper cut DC characters, but there's a lot of competition in that area. We're still missing the likes of Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman, and I don't really see King Shark getting in before any of them.

Want: 65%

As I said, he's a funny shark man. I watched Suicide Squad (The) not too long ago and it was a pretty solid film. I'll admit, that's really all I know King Shark from, but it's enough for me to say he'd be a welcome addition.

Succession Content:

Chance: 1%

Brief introduction for those that may be unfamiliar: Succession is a satirical HBO show about the (fictional) Roy family, owners of one of the most powerful media conglomerates in the world. The family's patriarch and the CEO of the Roy Zaibatsu Waystar Royco, Logan Roy (played by Brian Cox), is expected to name one of his children as his successor. However, he suffers from a stroke, and though he recovers, the stroke lasts just long enough to throw the company into disarray. This leads to a complex mess of infights, attempted corporate takeovers, back stabbing, betrayal, vehicular manslaughter, and all sorts of petty squabbles you can only get from a bunch of rich assholes that hate everything except the power that one of them may or may not possess at the current moment.

As for the possibility of seeing Succession in Multiversus, it seems slim. Content from HBO has been very noticeably lacking. Game of Thrones is represented by a single character and few other HBO properties have support other than The Sopranos. Succession, while critically acclaimed, has two giant problems that make any sort of representation unlikely. The first, and most obvious is the complete lack of audience overlap. Succession doesn't have a strong appeal to the game's target audience as indicated by the complete lack of presence its had in character polls. Even support for the more popular HBO characters like Tony Soprano have waned. The other major problem is Succession has concluded its run. The show aired its fourth and final season last year, and all that's coming up on the horizon is the release of the complete series on Blu-Ray. Even something minor like a background or announcer pack seems woefully unlikely because there are few people that would actually buy it. It is tragically unlikely.

Want: 100%

A few months ago as the Emmys aired and we mentioned Succession off-hand, one of my friends brought to my attention one of the best things ever written. This article, inspired by Brian Cox doing voiceover for a Tekken 8 trailer, suggested that any member of the Roy family should be playable in Tekken 8, and honestly, they're 100% right. Much like Succession, Tekken is about a family who's personal blood feuds over the ownership of the family business embroil anyone else around them in conflict. Ever since, I've been firmly convinced a member of the Roy family with the Mishima moveset is a completely necessary addition to the game. Outside of maybe Charles Foster Kane, there's nothing I'd want more. It's not even out of character, if Roman Roy could do EWGF, he'd absolutely do it. Tekken jokes are definitely a bizarre way to get into the series but I did start watching Succession myself a few months ago. I'm still only partway through season 2, but it's absolutely fantastic. Every single episode is so darkly funny and the extents these pieces of human garbage will go to to prove points or flex power are just so pathetically funny and yet they're the exact same tricks the owners of unfathomably massive corporations do on the daily, to the detriment of everyone except themselves. I highly recommend it, and even having seen some of the show, the prospect of putting the Roys in a fighting game becomes even funnier. There's genuine material to work with in the show itself which would result in something as equally insane as the Mishima moveset. Please make it happen.

Noms: All on David Mills (Se7en)

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
I should probably say something on the character I nominated.

Chance - 5%/85%/45%. Swamp Thing is a solid mid-tier in the DC hierarchy. He's not the first character anyone thinks of when they imagine the company, but he has a respectable comic history and quite a few adaptations. His defining comic run was written by Alan Moore, and if we want to give him a "tribute" of sorts, I think Swamp Thing is the best option to go about it. Some of his other works (Watchmen and V for Vendetta) might be more iconic, but Moore has made it crystal clear that he hates how DC has used his stories. Swamp Thing wasn't his creation, but he knew that going in, so representing it isn't as disrespectful as putting Doctor Manhattan in. Of course, I doubt they're going to hold of on putting Doctor Manhattan in to appease an old guy, but it's a nice thought.

The biggest thing in Swampy's favor is that he's getting a movie as part of James Gunn's new DC universe. It's been made very clear that this game loves adding characters to tie into movies, especially DC movies. I wouldn't be surprised if, like how we get a few new Marvel skins in Fortnite for every new project, we see a DC character to tie into most shows and movies. Some of these characters might be a tad controversial (the Authority and Booster Gold, for instance, might be niche enough to get people grumbling about "DC over-representation"), but I think Swamp Thing's legacy is enough to make most people accept him. He'd have a pretty neat moveset too, IMO. He'd absolutely be a Tank (a proper one, not whatever Wonder Woman's doing), and his plant powers give him a lot of potential. He could be fighting with Poison Ivy, but honestly between the two I think Swamp Thing deserves it more. We already have three Gothamites on the roster, Robin is the obvious choice for the fourth, and even then Poison Ivy isn't the obvious next choice. Meanwhile, Swamp Thing has his own little corner of the DC universe. But honestly, plants are unique enough you could probably give both of them unique movesets (Ivy would probably veer closer to a mage)

Abstaining on Want, as well as everything for Wilt. I snoozed, so therefore I loozed. Noms to George Jetson.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
"Bird"-King Shark

King Shark

Theme Song: King Shark and the Clyrax

49% King Shark is one of DC's characters from their media and is a former enemy to Aquaman, nowadays however he's been put on the frontlines with Harley Quinn with Amanda Waller's The Suicide Squad appearing as an anti-hero fighting off various villains including some of DC's most terrifying threats(even if one those threats his fought in was in a terrible video game).

Since his popularity with the suicide squad, King Shark has appeared in shows such as Harley Quinn and most notably the suicide squad isekai anime, aswell as the recent suicide squad game were they kill the justice league and...do not look good doing it or helping the game perform well. However he also appeared in previous movies, shows, and games before then which some of those could contribute to his rise of recognition such as DC Heroes Online, at least that's what i believe.

In terms of his chances for Multiversus, i think there's a chance king shark could be a 2nd rep for the suicide squad but comparing his chances to the other dc characters we don't have it'll be hard to see the likes of getting flash, green lantern, or aquaman(Which will be soon) after king shark. it is possible warner can ask player first to add him in though if the shark is not the main priority then we'll just have to wait.

Alt Theme: Oh No!
50%: I only know king shark from the suicide squad(as in THE suicide squad movie) and i think he could be cool to be the game despite not being my absolute favorite, other then that i think he might be the one member of the suicide squad i wouldn't be too bothered to see added into multiversus which works better then putting EVERY suicide squad member on the bus(Though Ratcatcher II is cool).

Succession
Abstaining: I know nothing about this show and never even heard about it til' last year, the only parts of the show i'm familiar with it are some clips of Logan Roy and reading how the show ended.

But this is my highlighting line from Logan for now
"F**k You!"

My Nominations
Lapis Lazuli

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Which Atari game are these from? Either way they are eligible, but I just need to know who they are exactly.
I think the Duck Dragons are the ones from Adventure.

IMG_7497.png

Note that yes, while Warner did used to own Atari, the Adventure dragons are owned by a separate company that has the Atari name.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
King Shark is a Shark
Chance - 50%
King Shark is a character who has exploded in popularity over the last few years. He went from being a fairly minor recurring Aquaman \ Superboy villain (he's one of those baddies whl a who shifted foes a lot) before being reinvented in the 2010s as more of a comedy character. He became part of the Suicide Squad, and this is where his big push started. He appeared in the Flash show, the 2021 Suicide Sqaud movie, where he was voiced by Sylvester Stallone, various animated projects, such as the Harley Quinn show, and the Suicide Squad video game. TSS director James Gunn is now in charge of the DC film department, so it's fully possible King Shark pops up in something again (he's one of the few characters to make it out for her film alive.

There's just too much competition. As DC villains go there's still several big picks left. He doesn't yet have a big upcoming project to tie into, which is how lower tier DC characters will get into this game. Even with Suicide Squad characters he has to contend with the likes of Peacemaker and Deadshot. I just don't think he's super likely, but he's popular and prolific enough that I can't give him too low a rating.

Want - 50%
Sure. He's cool. He's funny in the Harley Quinn show and TSS. We could always use more big heavies in general. I think when it comes to to DC characters, there are just a lot of choices I would rather see first, but let's be honest, who's really gonna say no to a big shark man? He'd be the perfect tie in character for Shark Week next year.

Family Matters
Chance - 5%
Succession is a comedy drama focusing on the Roy Family, who control Waystar RoyCo, a large media corporation. When family patriarch Roy falls ill, a war for control of the company and family legacy breaks out between his children. Power-hungry Kendall, irresponsible Roman, mild mannered Connor, and politically savvy only daughter Shiv. The siblings find themselves battling each other for their fathers respect and control of the company. The series ran for four seasons and won countless awards. It always ranks high on best shows ever lists despite being faulty new in the long run of things. The final season and the anticipation for the finale was huge, and unlike Game of Thrones, people seemed pretty happy with it.

The show is done now though. There are apparently no plans for spin offs or continuations. There's not really anything to promote, which seems to be the driving force behind which characters get chosen for the roster. More than anything though, I think the biggest thing in the way of a Succession rep getting in is the lack of moveset potential. It's a dark comedy drama about corporate politics, not particularly brimming with moveset ideas. Can't see many kids paying out to play as suited business people.

The other big issue is the lack of audience crossover. HBO is the brand I see us getting the least characters from, purely because there's no real audience overlap with most of their properties and the people interested in this kind of game. Outside of Game of Thrones, most of their shows are grounded dramas or comedies. Tony Soprano is the only other choice with any real chance. Maybe Westworld if they hadn't completely wiped that show from public memory. Succession at least doesn't have the "this would come off as disrespectful" factor of something like Euphoria, but it's still not a great fit.

The one way I could see this working, would be an announcer pack. Brian Cox (who plays Roy) did do marketing material for Tekken 8, so is not above doing things like this. It's something that probably wouldn't take too many resources to make and even if you don't know the show he has an iconic enough voice to make it appealing, but I still really don't see it. Maybe as a banner or themed ring out or something, but it a character.

Want - 18%
I watched most of it last year. I haven't watched the last season yet. It's a good show with a great cast and writing, I'm just not sure how it would fit in this game. I'm always down to see how they make unusual fighter ideas like this work. I'm a big believer that you can make almost anything work with creativity. Some announcer packs would be cool.

Noms to Huckleberry Hound & Quickdraw Mcgraw

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
question

Since its looking very likely they'll be part of S2 and we're on the eve of s2, what happens if Aquaman gets confirmed while we're still rating them

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
question

Since its looking very likely they'll be part of S2 and we're on the eve of s2, what happens if Aquaman gets confirmed while we're still rating them
If that occurs, any rating that happens after they are announced will be null & void. If there are enough ratings, I will still do the averages for them.

Other than that, it will simply turn into just Jackie Chan's day.

BTW, the day will end either tonight or early tomorrow. I'm just waiting on one of the people who nominated Succession to post their rating.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Wilt
Chance: 31.4%
Want: 68%

Swamp Thing
Chance: 36%
Want: 71.25%

Noms List

50+
Cecils (Toonami) x55

25-49
Mothra x40
George Jetson x39
Furiosa x35
Leatherface x35
Yogi Bear x33
Lum the Invader x31
Shang Tsung x30
Jay Gatsby x30
Cat in the Hat x26
Krypto the Superdog x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
Rick Flag x25
Professor Fate x25

1-24
Sam (Trick r Treat) x24
TOM x24
Rosie the Robot x21
Don Lockwood x21
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Dreamer x20
David Mills x20
Mac & Bloo x20
Lex Luthor x20
Black Dynamite x18
Omar Little x17
Leonidas x15
Mumble (Happy Feet) x15
Dethlok x15
Revolting Slob (Crashbox) x15
Gabriel (Malignant) x15
Darla Dimple x15
Tanjiro x13
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Eva Ernst x10
Fuzzy Lumpkins x10
Mr. Meeseeks x10
Colonel Rimfire x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Slappy Squirrel x7
Supergirl x7
Sylvester and Tweety x7
Captain Planet x7
The Mask x7
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Booster Gold x5
Andrew W.K. x5
Pennywise x5
Spawn x5
Ken (Barbie) x5
Marine Boy x5
Wade Watts x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Shana x2
Godzooky x2
Jarro x1
Smormu x1

Succession was surely a success

Chance: 10%

I'm gonna be a bit more generous and say that this is somewhat possible. Like yes I do believe the argument for there not being much audience overlap and the show is finished. But to my knowledge it was a fairly popular show and while HBO doesn't have a lot of realistic choices to put into MultiVersus, I think that only benefits Succession as it is less competition. Plus with the show's focus on humor I could see a potential moveset there with moments taken from the series, and if not then something like an announcer pack or even a banner would be plausible enough to do.

Never watched this show but I saw some clips and they got some giggles out of me and while that's not enough for me to get excited over this, I would be open to it. Plus I would like to see more characters from comedies as that kind of character archetype still has a lot of unexplored potential.

Day over.

Rate Aquaman from DC Comics, as well as Jackie Chan.

For Jackie Chan, rate the chances of him being included as either himself, or one of the characters he plays as in a WB-related project. Just give one score, though.

Here are some videos to get into the mood to command sea life:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to do martial arts and death-defying stunts (Don't try these at home kids):

The all in one package

Chance: 20%

The man, the myth, the legend, Jackie Chan is one of cinema's many, many great stars. Starring in a variety of martial arts and action films spanning from the 70's up to this very day. and being known for his humor, flashy action sequences and jaw-dropping stunts, Jackie is an icon that has inspired and entertained audiences from around the globe.

One thing to note about Jackie's career is how involved Warner Bros is. For one, New Line Cinema distributed Rumble in the Bronx, which is the primary film responsible for making Jackie famous in the West. Plus, Warner Bros distributed some of his films before that and since then, including The Big Brawl and Rush Hour. There was also Jackie Chan Adventures which aired on Kids' WB for five years, and to this day Jackie is still working with WB on films, including Rush Hour 4 which is confirmed to be in development. So there is a good level of synergy there and potential shilling for upcoming projects. And oh yeah, it's worth mentioning that Jackie has given permission to use his likeness for video games before.

Really, the only major issue comes down to priority. Jackie may still be iconic and beloved, but his career is not like what it used to be due to his age, and right now there are bigger action stars and characters that are currently more popular and requested. There is still a decent chance, but Jackie does need the correct timing and perhaps a bit of a push for him to realistically happen.

Heck yeah! Jackie Chan's films are incredibly fun and I give major props to the man. He has accrued countless injuries over the years performing wild stunts for our entertainment and he's fantastic at choreographing some of the best fight scenes in cinema history.

If you haven't checked out any of Jackie's films, I implore you to do so. Hong Kong filmmakers like Jackie were way ahead of their time in terms of creating action films with real, lightning fast fisticuffs and impressive physical performances. Any of Jackie's famous, classic films are good options, but I personally recommend Police Story and Dragons Forever as some starter films.

And of course, I would love to see that kinetic level of performance be in MultiVersus with kickass martial arts moves and some nods to Jackie's films like perhaps a ladder being used for a move or two.

- - - - - - - - - -

"I am....inevitable..." - Aquaman

Chance: 99.99%

I mean......

The datamines and all the hints pretty much have confirmed him already. That settles it as definitively as you can, aside from a confirmation tweet from the devs.

Even beside that, I always saw Aquaman as a matter of when, not if. He is considered obvious for a reason.

Like, yeah, Aquaman would be cool. His moveset has so much potential with him summoning sea life and tidal waves and I find him to be one of the more interesting of the Justice League members in terms of moveset. Is he kind of a boring choice with how obvious he is? Yeah. But like I've said in the past, I would like to see the other Justice League members get in eventually, and it seems like they will be somewhat spaced out which is a good thing.

Noms: Leatherface x15

Note to Self: Bring Extra Wetsuits
Chance: 90%

I'm skipping the formalities on Aquaman, as we all know who this guy is by now. Instead, I'd like to bring up some of the reasons why he's coming.

First off, his popularity has grown since being adapted into a legitimate feature film. It looks like we can finally send the Super Friends iteration packing.
Second, on top of being the headliner for a major comic series at DC, Aquaman is a founding member of the Justice League, which could use a fourth teammate in MultiVersus.
Third, he has been leaked so many times recently that I'm almost certain he's doing that himself. If he can control water, why not spread leaks around?

You can call me hypocritical all you want, with me wanting a DC character this much. I don't care.

Aquaman would have such a varied moveset without using his communication with marine life, with the water summoning and the use of his trident. Plus, the 90s and 2000s would likely give him some legendary skins to utilize.

Besides all that, who wouldn't want Aquaman in MultiVersus, anyway?

Go Jackie!
Chance: 60%
Like Aquaman in the same day, I'm pretty sure we all know who Jackie Chan is. Luckily, Jackie is still relevant, as are his ties to Warner Bros.

However, I have a hunch that the form he takes would be his Jackie Chan Adventures design. After all, when Lebron James got in, they used his Space Jam 2 look in Tune World. I'd assume the same would apply for Mr. Chan, in which they take from a cartoon to make him look playable.

Despite that, they may have to talk with Sony to make it happen. This invites competition in Sony's case, between the anime monopoly they own like with Dragon Ball and One Piece, or Genndy Tartakovsky's career like with Mavis from Hotel Transylvania. Still, I think Jackie Chan has a shot even with those guys in contention.

Want: 40%
I'm sorry, guys. I know he's a great person who would fit beautifully in the game. I just don't think they deserve to put him in. Getting LeBron James in this game was one thing, but adding a second real person in the game? That might lead to a slippery slope down MUGEN territory.

I get it, everyone's a possibility in MultiVersus. But if I had to draw the line, I'd draw it at getting more real people in the game. LeBron got lucky, but the line is drawn for the future.

Noms to Rick Flag (x5) and Professor Fate (x5)

ivanlerma

Smash Master
Note to Self: Bring Extra Wetsuits
Chance: 90%

I'm skipping the formalities on Aquaman, as we all know who this guy is by now. Instead, I'd like to bring up some of the reasons why he's coming.

First off, his popularity has grown since being adapted into a legitimate feature film. It looks like we can finally send the Super Friends iteration packing.
Second, on top of being the headliner for a major comic series at DC, Aquaman is a founding member of the Justice League, which could use a fourth teammate in MultiVersus.
Third, he has been leaked so many times recently that I'm almost certain he's doing that himself. If he can control water, why not spread leaks around?

You can call me hypocritical all you want, with me wanting a DC character this much. I don't care.

Aquaman would have such a varied moveset without using his communication with marine life, with the water summoning and the use of his trident. Plus, the 90s and 2000s would likely give him some legendary skins to utilize.

Besides all that, who wouldn't want Aquaman in MultiVersus, anyway?

Go Jackie!
Chance: 60%
Like Aquaman in the same day, I'm pretty sure we all know who Jackie Chan is. Luckily, Jackie is still relevant, as are his ties to Warner Bros.

However, I have a hunch that the form he takes would be his Jackie Chan Adventures design. After all, when Lebron James got in, they used his Space Jam 2 look in Tune World. I'd assume the same would apply for Mr. Chan, in which they take from a cartoon to make him look playable.

Despite that, they may have to talk with Sony to make it happen. This invites competition in Sony's case, between the anime monopoly they own like with Dragon Ball and One Piece, or Genndy Tartakovsky's career like with Mavis from Hotel Transylvania. Still, I think Jackie Chan has a shot even with those guys in contention.

Want: 40%
I'm sorry, guys. I know he's a great person who would fit beautifully in the game. I just don't think they deserve to put him in. Getting LeBron James in this game was one thing, but adding a second real person in the game? That might lead to a slippery slope down MUGEN territory.

I get it, everyone's a possibility in MultiVersus. But if I had to draw the line, I'd draw it at getting more real people in the game. LeBron got lucky, but the line is drawn for the future.

Noms to Rick Flag (x5) and Professor Fate (x5)
Technically, Lebron's design is more based on his real life counterpart as opposed to his tune world design.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
"My Man"-Jason Mamoa's Aquaman

Aquaman

Theme Song: Kings of the Sea(Aquaman Vs. Namor) from DEATH BATTLE!
99%: Aquaman is one of the most well known superheroes of the DC Universe, being a hero from the sea who controls sea creatures & the sea itself aswell as being one of the founding members of the justice league.

Aquaman has appeared in various media including The Super Friends, The Justice League Cartoons, Batman: The Brave & The Bold, and even had his own show(based on the super friends counterpart), he appeared in the DCEU with The Justice League Live-Action film and we can't forget his seperate films such as Aquaman from 2018 and The Lost Kingdom played by Jason Mamoa alongside everyone's favorite actress Amber Heard.

Silence

Figures,
Anyway, for aquaman's chances he's highly likely to get in the game, he would've been below the likes flash and green lantern in terms of popularity but would've had a greater chance given his movies and the fact that he is one of THE founding members of the justice league, but what puts him higher is the fact that he's already going to be in the game thanks to the datamines finding him in the codes with Banners, Icons, Costumes, even his voice is done too.

So, now it's only a matter of time until we see Arthur Curry enter the battle and everyone including myself all think he's likely to appear next season.

Alternate Music: Ocean Men(Spongebob Squarepants Vs. Super Friends Aquaman) from DEATH BATTLE!
69%: I don't have a huge liking towards aquaman however i think his design may be appealing to me probably the color design that makes him stand out would be the case, maybe he just reminds me of Mermaid Man from Spongebob, Heh?

Other then that my only experience with Arthur Curry was learning about him in Death Battle, seeing him in action in Superman: The Animated Series aswell as seeing how much he's grown in Justice League, Almost watched The Aquaman back in high school & i want to watch Lost Kingdom, saw him in Super Friends aswell as that version's fight with Spongebob :), and even saw a little bit of his tv show.

I say those were some good times i had with the character besides that he'd be good for Multiversus if they can somehow make him work right with how he controls the water and implementing his fish companions too.

"I never wanted to be the next Bruce Lee. I just wanted to be the first Jackie Chan"-Jackie Chan

Jackie Chan

Theme Song: Chan's the Man from Jackie Chan Adventures
50%: Jackie Chan, Famous Martial Artist, Stuntman, and Film Actor. he is a pretty well known man for his wacky stunts and fighting styles including his filmography of movies he's starred in such as The Rush Hour Series, TMNT: Mutant Mayhem, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, The Kung Fu Panda Movies, The Spy Next Door, and Every Movie that has his name on it+a documentary film talking about his stunts & karate moves.

His history with Warner comes from the movies he's been in such as The Rush Hour Series, Ninjago's Movie, First Strike, The Big Brawl, Etc. and His Spin-Off Animated Series Jackie Chan Adventures. not to mention he still has good connection to the company with a new Rush Hour movie planned for the near future.

He'd be a good pick for Multiversus and while his popularity may not be high or the idea of other famous stars getting pushes down his chances i think as long as he's still a good man at heart alongside fan demand jackie could get in.

Alternate Theme: Fantasy by Mariah Carey/The Hong Kong 97 Theme(Apparently, Wikipedia lists this for his video game category).
49%: I remember Jackie Chan from Jackie Chan Adventures, that was my first exposure to the man and even considered him as a cartoon character. i also seen him in Kung Fu Panda as Monkey(cue the meme), Heard him play Sensei Wu for The LEGO Ninjago Movie, and Recently watched him play Master Splinter in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem.

There was also The Spy Next Door which i did see but not watch entirely and while i seen a bit of Rush Hour i never seen or remember it.

as for him in Multiversus? It'd be cool with it as long as he also gets to have his cartoon counterpart in as a costume.

My Nominations
Mac & Bloo
Lapis Lazuli

Edit at 7/20/24 at 7:45 PM: Added Aquaman's Music(Originally wanted to use DCEU music for his chances but decide not to as i don't have enough knowledge to pick a song or even the main one i remember using, plus i wanted to use both his death battle tracks).

8:40 PM: Added My Score's for Jackie Chan, i feel like it wasn't the best one i've made.

9:02 PM: Picked a quote that i thought could work.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Aquaman

Chance: 75%

for me it's very obvious of having Aquaman on MultiVersus, he's very known, incluinding himself after DCEU, he can have a great moveset potencial and using his own trident who is present on DC media on general, and he can have some great interactions with other characters,mainly DC characters

Want: 95%

it's very obvious of Aquaman on MVS, he's one of the main members from justice league and one of the most popular,he have potentical of be a playable character

norms:
Flash x15 (if he was added on chances)
Numbuh 1 (KND) 15x
Jabberjaw 5x

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Down where It's wetter
Chance - 100%

Yeah. Even without recent events Aquaman would still have gotten a really high rating. He's a main stay, iconic DC character who had a massively successful movie a few years back. think the only real issue I could see Aquaman having is that he, thanks to Super Friends and Family Guy, has a bit of a reputation among non comic readers as being a bit of a lameo, but I think that has been passed by at this point and wouldn't stop DC from adding him.

Ultimately, we know he's in. He's in the files. He has a full moveset. He has voicelines. He has data for costumes. I know stuff in the files can always be scrapped, but he's so far along I see that as extremely unlikely. Several insiders have also said he's coming as soon as this upcoming season.

Yeah. It's happening.

Want - 80%

He'd be cool. Water benders in fighting games are a cool archetype that is very underutilized. There's a lot you could do for a moveset. Hoping he gets a Brave and the Bold costume complete with voicelines.

He does his own stunts
Chance - 30%

Jackie Chan is one of Hollywood's most iconic international stars. Several of his films have been distributed by Warner over the years, and he still has a working relationship with them including the currently in development Rush Hour 4. The biggest thing that would probably be the draw for Jackie getting in this game, is the animated series Jackie Chan adventures. Running for four years on Kids WB, the series featured Jackie (not voiced by the man himself, thought he did appear in live action segments as the start and end of each episodes) battling supernatural forces alongside his Uncle and his niece Jade. The series is a cult classic and is still often talked about.

Jackie would actually be pretty easy to make a moveset for. He's a martial artist with a pretty distinctive style and also a stunt man, well known for his comedic scrapes in his movies, meaning there's all sorts of crazy things you could have him do. Add him the talisman powers from Jackie Chan Adventures and he's got a whole moveset built in right there.

The biggest issues Jackie faces are that Adventures is not WB owned, it's a third party show, which isn't a killer but does hurt his chances. It's not been on the air for years now, and most of the characters chosen seem to be from more recent or currently active properties with a few exceptions. Jackie Chan is also a real person, an actual celebrity. Now. This isn't something that means he won't get in. We have Lebron James in the roster, so obviously they don't have any moral objections to this kinda thing. I still think such cases will be few and far between. Jackie does have several video game appearances, so I don't think he'd be too opposed to this. I just feel we won't get too many real celebrities unless they're the ins like LeBron.

Want - 40%
I loved Jackie Chan adventures growing up. It was such a cool show with great monsters and characters. I think the cartoon version of Jackie could actually be a pretty good fit for this game. His movies are cool too. I'm just not a big fan of putting real people in games like this. I just prefer characters in games like this to be characters and not celebrities, with a couple exceptions, like Eric Andre. I worry that such additions could date the game should something come out about that person. Using the cartoon version of Jackie would perhaps help to rid me of these worries a bit. Also a costume where he's dressed as Chun-Li would very funny.

Noms to Lex Luthor

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Was waiting for today, just in case, but regardless, it's Aquaman time.

Chance: 100%
Yeah this one's pretty cut and dry. Through the data, we KNOW he's coming, and likely soon. He, along with the Powerpuff Girls, Wicked Witch, and Nubia, have their entire voice line sets in the files already, alongside the now confirmed Samurai Jack and Beetlejuice. This is less "will he get in," or even "when," but specifically "what month." For the record I'm guessing either mid August or very late September.

I love Aquaman. Honestly he's one of my favorite DC heroes, and alongside Static, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, John Stewart Green Lantern, and Zatanna, was one I was really hoping for. Plus, he'd probably add another Tank to the roster, which is always nice.

Half of my nominations go to T.O.M., and half go to Don Lockwood.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I promise you all I will update the calcs tomorrow. But for now....

Day over.

Rate the T-800 from The Terminator, as well as Concept: My Adventures With Superman content.

Here are some songs to get into the mood to terminate your foes:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to go on some adventures with Superman:

I will post my rating for the T-800 tomorrow. But since I know some people will ask, T-800 is eligible because Warner Bros distributed Terminator 3 and 4, and were involved in making The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Terminator

Chance: 2%
Terminator hits that unfortunate sweet spot mix of "high profile character who is a big name" and "loose connection to WB at best" that, in my eyes, makes the potential licensing a nightmare to consider. In general, I don't think characters like this are too likely, all things considered. And that's unfortunate because they do have a lot to work with here.

I'd be fine either way. It'd be hype if it happened but I also wouldn't lose sleep if it doesn't.

MAWS Content

Chance: 80%
I absolutely think this WILL happen at some point, but there's always that bit of doubt. I am confident the game will last for longer than I initially thought thanks to the full buyout of PFG, but there's always a chance it doesn't happen. Datamines show that we're getting Fleischer Superman as a skin, which was also highly demanded, so why not match the original animated Superman with the most modern animated Superman?

Honestly, I could even see them making MAWS Lois Lane a character some time down the line, given how ridiculously popular this specific iteration is. That'd be a really fun surprise.

My two biggest wants for Superman alts were a Fleisher Superman alt and a MAWS Superman alt. And honestly any content from the series would be great. It's so fun.

Half of my nominations to fellow Toonami character T.O.M., and half of them to Don Lockwood.

Come with me if you want to live...
Chance: 5%
The Terminator would be a major grab, but there's one problem. His ties with WB are small enough that they need to be explained before starting the ratings. Methinks he won't be back this time.

Want: 30%
As much as I like adding The Terminator in a fighting game, I think he should stick to Mortal Kombat appearances. I only hold out preference for guest fighters that have direct ties to WB, like Jackie Chan or Godzilla. Termi does not have that level of connection.

A great witch, an Android, and a Kryptonian walk into a bar...
Chance: 75%
First, My Adventures with Superman is getting a third season in the future. That shows its popularity and ensuing relevance in spades. Adding to this, a MAWS skin for Superman is one of those things you can make buyable and turn a profit on. I'd even say their interpretation of Supergirl can be the version they use for MultiVersus and I wouldn't even blame them. It'd make more sense than how The Banana Splits are being used nowadays...

As a non-fan of comics, even I have to sit up and bark at how beloved this show is. It's probably gonna be part of DC Elseworlds at this rate. And you know what? I'd be happy to see content of this show in any capacity.

Nominations to Dynomutt.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
King Shark
Chance: 51%
Want: 48.75%

Concept: Succession content
Chance: 5.33%
Want: 56%

Aquaman
Chance: 94%
Want: 85.8%

Jackie Chan
Chance: 40%
Want: 57.25%

To no one's surprise, Aquaman made it into the Top 10 of Chance at #3, kicking The Powerpuff Girls off the Top 10 (probably not for long though).

Noms List

50+
Cecils (Toonami) x55
Leatherface x50

25-49
Mothra x40
Lex Luthor x40
George Jetson x39
Furiosa x35
David Mills x35
Yogi Bear x33
Lum the Invader x31
Shang Tsung x30
Jay Gatsby x30
Rick Flag x30
Professor Fate x30
TOM x29
Cat in the Hat x26
Don Lockwood x26
Krypto the Superdog x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
Revolting Slob (Crashbox) x25
Mac & Bloo x25

1-24
Sam (Trick r Treat) x24
Rosie the Robot x21
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Dreamer x20
Black Dynamite x18
Omar Little x17
Leonidas x15
Mumble (Happy Feet) x15
Dethlok x15
Gabriel (Malignant) x15
Darla Dimple x15
Lapis Lazuli x15
Tanjiro x13
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Eva Ernst x10
Fuzzy Lumpkins x10
Mr. Meeseeks x10
Colonel Rimfire x10
Duck Dragons x10
Shmoo (Lil' Abner) x10
Huckleberry Hound x10
Quick Draw McGraw x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Slappy Squirrel x7
Supergirl x7
Sylvester and Tweety x7
Captain Planet x7
The Mask x7
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Booster Gold x5
Andrew W.K. x5
Pennywise x5
Spawn x5
Ken (Barbie) x5
Marine Boy x5
Wade Watts x5
John J. Sheridan x4
The Flash x4
Jabberjaw x3
Numbuh 1 x3
Shana x2
Godzooky x2
Jarro x1
Smormu x1

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Terminator T-800
Chance: 15%.
I feel like the Terminator's in a bit of an odd spot when it comes to MVS for a handful of reasons. On the one hand, it's not like the franchise as a whole has been averse to crossovers - but the very fact that there's a licensing consideration makes it a little more difficult to justify than if it were one that WB could just pull out on a whim.

My first thought is that the franchise is owned by a third-party, so there's going to need to be licensing considerations - I think there is something to be said about T-800's inclusion in MK11 (as well as possibly Fortnite and Call of Duty) suggesting that Vivendi are open to cross-promotion, but there will have to be discussions regardless (including for things like Arnold Schwarzenegger's likeness.) I think it also doesn't help that there aren't many plans for the series going forward, and not much to cross-promote, so you're ideally looking for something that the Terminator franchise specifically brings to MVS that other franchises wouldn't.

A character who feels unstoppable and ties in elements of horror? Jason fills that niche. A piece of 80s nostalgia to widen the appeal of the games? Gizmo and Stripe fill that niche. An iconic sci-fi villain with a pretty terrifying screen presence? Smith fills that niche. Obviously, character uniqueness isn't the be-all and end-all of inclusion, but I think it'd be a big consideration considering the fact that there'd have to be a deal at all.

Not that T-800 wouldn't be unique mechanically or whatever - moreso, I don't think he'd be a top priority compared to some of WB's own properties. Not impossible by any means, considering Vivendi are generally open to crossovers with the property, but I don't really see why they'd go for him.

Want: 25%.
I wouldn't be against T-800's inclusion, because he's undeniably an iconic character who'd have a lot of moveset potential to play with. That being said... I'm not sure he'd be as interesting as other characters that could fill similar roles - T-1000 springs to mind given recent occurrences, but there's a ton of other "humanoid robots with guns" you could do in unique ways - and that's not even getting into characters with potentially similar concepts who could have a lot more unique elements to them. I feel like if I were a Terminator fan, I'd have him higher - but I don't think I'd actually be against him, just that the concepts likely to go into his moveset would probably be better-used in other characters.

My Adventures with Superman Content
Chance: 70%.
This is a bit of an odd spot in my mind. On the one hand, MAWS is a generally popular and well-recieved modern series featuring Superman, so on a purely logical level, it makes a lot of sense to include some cross-promotional material for it. But on the other hand, it's coming into its third season - so the money and effort spent on cross-promoting it might be better-spent cross-promoting another new project elsewhere in the pipeline that doesn't already have the pedigree of two entire series behind it.

I don't think it's likely we'd see much more than cosmetics, which are absolutely possible... but Superman has so, so many potential designs to pull from given his almost 90-year history that I don't honestly see why they'd bother, not to mention the original costumes that he's likely to get here and there too. I mean, when the competition includes fan-favourites like his Fleicher appearance or a Cyborg Superman costume, some deeper cuts popular with comic fans like his blue 90s look or the Kingdom Come costume, or even other cross-promotional picks like his 2025 look, MAWS seems like it's a little lower on the totem pole.

Want: 40%.
I wouldn't be entirely against content from this series, and to be honest, I really like Superman's costume from the show. The issue is that arguably some of the best content from the show would probably work better in a more general, less specific sense - characters like the show's take on Lois or Supergirl feel more likely to come from the wider DC catalogue, not to mention some of the show's villains like Livewire. Nothing against the show by any means, but I think when you consider that the rest of the DC universe exists as other stuff to pull from... it's a little more difficult to get excited for it.

Noms!
If applicable (I'm not fully versed on the nomination system, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), I'll put my noms toward the concept of Doom Patrol content (in a more general sense.)

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Noms!
If applicable (I'm not fully versed on the nomination system, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), I'll put my noms toward the concept of Doom Patrol content (in a more general sense.)
To start, everyone automatically begins with 10 noms, provided they either abstain or have at least 4 sentences per character, which you certainly do. In fact, your post qualifies for 20 noms since you wrote roughly 10 sentences for each character.

For a better breakdown of how noms work, you can check the first post of this thread. But if you aren't sure how many noms you earned you can always just write: [Character] xMax and I'll give you the most amount of noms you've earned.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
"I'll be back"-The Terminator

"I think i'm in the f**king wrong movie"-Brian Michael Hanby/The Terroriser

T-800
Theme Song:
The Terminator Theme
49%: The Terminator is another iconic film franchise, it is about humans fighting evil robots from the future created by an evil organization called “SKYNET” and sometimes one of their robots go rogue to help protect the present from their original creators. Lasting for 6 movies, 4 shows(1 official, 1 upcoming anime, and 2 web series’), various comic books and video games terminator has shown its mark on film history and media in general.

Terminator’s connections from Warner Brothers is a little shaky as the series is currently owned by Paramount(Now owned by Skydance) but at point the studio did help distribute the 3rd & 4th films aswell as the official tv series “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles” even one of the web shows through it’s media division “Terminator: Salvation: The Machinima Series” but there time with the movies was back in the 2000’s era and ever since then the ip has been given to other companies in which currently it is now owned by Skydance, who merged with Paramount.

So at best if Terminator were to get in they’d have to talk to Paramount & Skydance to use the character if they want to fully utilize the terminator franchise at worst the rest the series would be split into different studios or owners, though maybe they’d only use stuff from the 3rd & 4th film for the T-800, right? Well i don’t know if they could without trying to ask the original holders for permission, there’s also the idea that warner may focus on getting more characters that play similar to how the terminator would that he’d get passed down for feeling too familiar or just get overshadowed by other popular series from Warner Brothers.

There’s a chance terminator can get in but there’s some factors that might go against him or not but time will have to tell.

Alternate Song: The Gaming Terroriser
60%: I might remember being scared of seeing the terminator as a kid since the robot looked terrifying even when it was crushed, i was also terrified by the parody done in the Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated episode where scoob was framed by an evil scooby and the Robot Chicken Skit with inspector gadget being terminator was terrifying aswell(i was the word twice).

Anyways, i mostly heard about a bunch of stuff from the terminator series and i am familiar with the first two movies other than that i’ve never seen a single one, as for my thoughts on the T-800 in Multiversus? I think it’d be a really good idea. He'd look like a hulky character similar to Jason and maybe if he had some kinks to his attacks he’d stand out well on his own.

Oh ya, one more thing to say. I wish someone did a reference to Terroriser since he plays as terminator in Garry’s Mod, for those who don’t know him Terroriser’s a youtuber who plays games with his friends and he’s funny when he’s mimicking Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"Yes! i've ran for governor, and i took all the f**king money, and i put the cookie down, and i f**king became a sexual predator, and f**king jingle all the f**king way you F**king *****! F**k You, All!"-Terroriser

-"There's a fire and prez plaza, stay here we'll be right back" "No way, Smallville. it's a breaking news story we're going too"-Superman and Lois Lane

My Adventures with Superman
Theme Song:
My Adventures With Superman/End Credits(By Geek Music)
80%: My Adventures with Superman is one of the ongoing series of Superman that was pitched to Cartoon Network and is airing on [Adult Swim], the show follows Clark Kent a.k.a Superman, Lois Lane, and Jimmy Olsen in the similar story of how superman came to be with some possible differences to make a different take on the story while having the characters drawn in a anime art style that has them look young but still keeping them in their appropriate ages with different personalities to make them enjoyable for the audience to watch, alongside various different takes on the characters such as Superman’s Rouge Gallery of Villains, Some surprise appearances from other DC hero stories such as Vicky Vale and Silver St. Cloud from Gotham City, with an engaging mixture of story, drama, action, and heartfelt moments(Apologies if i describe it wrong or CHEESY atleast).

The show so far has garnered a vocal fandom and has grown pretty well in popularity, it is set to have a 3rd season later with a comic book coming soon and currently it’s 2nd season has wrapped up with toonami planning to marathon the whole season this weekend.

So with its popularity it’s likely multiversus could end up getting some my adventures with superman content in order to promote the show although the community so far doesn’t seem to be interested in the show getting in and have their investment in seeing other DC Content get in aswell as many ideas for costumes to give for Clark over his My Adventures Counterpart, however i believe there are some people who’d want to see the show get represented in the game and with how much love it’s gotten warner would likely try to suggest Player First to add something for the show, whether it’d just be Superman as a costume to his default multiversus counterpart only or something more such as a playable lois lane? Or a stage based on brainiac’s lair or another location such as clark’s home were brainiac tries to invade.

Either way, i still think my adventures is possible to get in even if there isn’t a vocal support for the show or one that’s big enough with his status as a whole it wouldn’t be wise to ignore something that’s brand new for one of the fighters even when it’s loved by a lot of people.

Alternate Song: Opening Theme
95%: I honestly would really love my adventures with superman to get in the game, it’s a pretty good show and while it has a few flaws it’d personally hold with it’s still good to watch. I think they’d definitely have to add My Adventures Supes as a costume with his own voice and different animations, although I'd advocate to have the show’s version of Lois Lane as a playable character.

She has a tomboyish personality that makes her stand out and is full of personality not just being cherry and motivated but having conflicts, griefs, and worries making her a flawed character, i personally like her moments with Clark where they act like an adorable couple, they’re really amazing together(I’d like to see them progress and have Jonathan).

Though what may push the idea back is she might be like April from NASB 2, however i think if you see what works for her and differentiate from that game than multiversus could have their own news reporter fighter that stands out.

Other than that I wouldn't mind having a cameo for Jimmy and possibly Kara(Wouldn’t mind if she became playable though) and some stages would be good aswell as some emotes or banners too.

My Nominations
-All to Mac & Bloo

Edit at 8:33 PM: Sorry for missing the ratings, i forgot to put them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom