• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 140 - Leatherface (The Texas Chain Saw Massacre) and Mac & Bloo (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Futuristic Arnold Schwarzenegger

Chance: 10%

Even though I nominated him I don't have a lot to add, honestly. He's definitely one of those iconic characters where even if he has very little connection to WB, he would still probably be on the devs' minds. But as far as we can tell, WB is focusing on IPs that are close to them. That's not to say that they will not aim for more left field characters in the future, but the T-800 right now feels like a low priority candidate, not to mention the additional costs to get Arny's likeness.

Want: 100%

The Terminator is awesome. The first two films are amazing with their blend of action, romance, sci-fi, elements of horror, and their great mix of practical effects and CGI which was groundbreaking for that time. Anything after the second film is merely fan fiction to me, but those first two installments are legendary. The T-800 is an absolute beast, the kind of character that I would like to see more of in this game. The bulky, intimidating factor combined with the blunt (and occasionally snarky) mannerism is cool to me. This would be just a hype all-around, not to mention it's Arnold freakin' Schwarzenegger.

Abstain on Superman. Haven't watched the show and right now I'm just not interested in it.

Noms: Leatherface x10

Day over.

Rate Higan from Ninja Kamui, as well as Foghorn Leghorn from Looney Tunes.

Here are some videos to get into the ninja mood:

And here are some videos to get into the mood for some crowing:

A reminder that this is the last day of the schedule. So make those noms count.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Foghorn: 37%
I think Foghorn has a good shot. He's a popular Looney Tune, he's somewhat defined by how he plays off of other characters, he's been a bit of a meme lately, and he has an announcer voice pack - the big concern is really 1. being out-priotised by the likes of Wile E; Daffy; Sam; e.t.c., and 2. his potential moveset, since his antics don't really have a distinct theme if that makes sense? Of course he's on the barn, that's a theme, but he doesn't have a signature trap or underlying theme to his hammerspace weapons in the way that Wile E. is always using Acme inventions; Sam has his guns and explosives; e.t.c. That being said, while MVS has a few side-over-protags, it doesn't typically abide by "moveset first" roster selection AFAIK, and Foghorn could be set apart from Bugs on virtue of being a heavyweight

All noms for Ted Turner (real life)

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I'll be back
Chance - 40%
I could see this actually. I'm probably giving this a more positive chance than most other users will. Terminator is an iconic film franchise that would fit the roster extremely well, with the other 80s film characters. The series is so stranger to crossovers, with the T-1000 featuring in games like Call of Duty, WWE 2K, Fortnite, Ghost Recon and Mortal Kombat. The rights holders don't seem like they're opposed The big issue facing the Terminator is being a non WB character, with WB only distributing some of the films, and the Sarah Connor Chronicles TV series. I don't think this is a big issue though, we already have fringe cases like Jason, and Terminator characters have appeared in the Warner published Mortal Kombat series. Getting Arnold's likeness could be an issue, but other games have managed it, and there are ways around this anyway. I could see this happening, just maybe not right now.

Want - 80%
Terminator is cool. Unfortunately there are more bad movies than good ones but the first movie and T2 are classics. Would be a great fit for what this game is going for and could have some really cool interactions with the current cast. Smith and Iron Giant stand out in particular. There's a pretty neat moveset in there too.

Anime Superman
Chance - 70%
My adventures with Superman is pretty big right now. It is probably Tpthe most well regarded project that the character of superman has had in decades at this point. The show has been picked up for a season 3 and doesn't seem to have any plans to end right now. I think representation in some form could certainly happen. The most likey form would be a costume, though I wonder if MAWS Superman might be a little thinner than MVS Clark, but I don't see it as a big issue. In the very possible event Supergirl gets in, I think her black armour from the show is pretty much a lock for a skin.

Want - 50%
This show is pretty fun. I think it's an interesting modern take on Superman that lifts tropes from modern Shonen in a really cool way. I do think some of the designs can be hit or miss, with a lot of the villain designs in particular really suffering from this, but I do like it. I really like the idea of making a radical new take on the DCU, especially as it seems the scope of the show will expand further. I don't really think it needs a character of its own, though I don't hate the Lois Lane idea someone mentioned earlier, but in general I think a whole character would be unnecessary. Some skins could be really fun.

Noms to Larry and Steve

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Higan
Chance: 25%.
Higan's in an interesting position in my mind. I'm not really sure how often it's mentioned here, but I genuinely think that more [adult swim] or Toonami-adjescent picks aren't something to write off as a possibility - and Higan, as some new blood on that front who doesn't have the same issues as other Toonami icons due to being WB-owned - does seem like a plausible pick at first glance. In fact, he's plausible enough that he's gotten his own video game - Ninja Kamui: Shinobi Origins. There's no shortage of moveset potential for him as a modern ninja, and he'd certainly have a pretty unique presence overall.

And yet... isn't it funny to think that as of fairly recently, another [as]-associated sword-wielding anime-inspired character got confirmed to be added going forward? Samurai Jack - while not a ninja, obviously - feels like he really throws a spanner in the works when it comes to Higan's chances. Now, obviously they'd function pretty differently - but I think that's still worth noting.

Couple that with the backlog of other [as]-associated characters who have massive fanbases behind them - such as the Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Space Ghost, or a Smiling Friends rep - or even more unusual picks that've developed a smaller following, like Eric Andre or Xavier... and then consider other anime stuff that WB's been involved in somehow or another, like JJBA or FLCL... it starts to look like Higan's not quite on the same level. (To be clear, I don't think they'd "get in over Higan", that wouldn't be how it works - but if looking at it from the angle of wanting to promote Toonami or [as], there's competition there.)

Want: 40%.
I'm not really familiar with Ninja Kamui, but from my research into the subject, I do think Higan could be a pretty unique take on the ninja archetype within fighting games - especially platfighters - and I don't doubt that PFG could do him some justice with some pretty interesting ideas overall. That being said... there's a lot of ninjas across media, even just WB stuff, that could be included - and while I don't think characters related to certain properties get in "over other properties" necessarily, [adult swim] and Toonami have a lot of picks that I would personally resonate with a little more. Nothing against him, just... yeah.

Foghorn Leghorn
Chance: 30%.
Foghorn's in a bit of a weird spot too, honestly. On the one hand - there's absolutely a concept there for him, being some strange take on a rekka character who might be able to constantly "push" opponents backward while berating them... and as a Looney Tunes character, there's no licensing issues, and there is precedent for him being included what with Bugs, Taz, and Marvin already being around.

On the other hand, Foghorn's hardly the most popular Tune out there - not to knock him, but when his competition consists of characters like Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Wile E. Coyote, the Roadrunner, and so forth, it might feel a little more difficult to justify him specifically. Sure, it's worth noting that he's been a bit of a meme recently (and memes do play a part in character selection) - but let's be real, if PFG wanted a "meme" character akin to their take on Shaggy from the Looney Tunes series, there's a pretty... "big" contender there.

I also think it's worth noting that Foghorn's arguably most iconic element - his voice - would lend far better to an announcer pack than it would being limited to interactions. Foghorn's always been known for stringing together some pretty striking strings that feel like they'd lend better to him commenting on a match in a more general sense, rather than just being within it. Even aside from the leak suggesting that's how he'll be represented, I still think this applies.

Is he an unlikely pick? I wouldn't say so, in that there's been a decent amount of popularity behind him as of late and in that he could, with a little creativity, fulfil a pretty unique role and concept amongst the roster. That being said, he feels like he's kind of superceded by other picks - and another role, at that.

Want: 55%.
I'll freely admit, despite being aware of the Looney Tunes, I'm hardly a diehard fan of them - and while I do think Foghorn would be a pretty fun pick who could lend to a lot of funny interactions and the like, I also think that - like I mentioned earlier - there's other characters from the series that might bring about something a little more unique. It would undeniably be pretty funny to see him berating characters like Jason Voorhees, though - maybe that's the real appeal of crossovers like this to begin with.

Noms!
I'll slip my noms over to the concept of Fox animated television representation - such as Family Guy or Futurama. My justification for this is that these shows gained a large amount of popularity through syndication on [adult swim] to the point that they became quite notably associated with the brand, and in some cases were revived from cancellation due to this. (If this is a little too vague or poorly-related, feel free to let me know.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Foghorn Leghorn

Chance - 80%

Now that I'm confident the game is going to last at least a few years, I'm actually fairly confident on Foghorn's odds. He's already one of the VERY few NPCs with an announcer pack, which is a good first step in the door. He's popular, and importantly, is one of the only Looney Tunes who can be reasonably made into a Tank class character, adding gameplay variety. His only real competition for that role is Gossamer, unless they want to go for a much deeper cut with the likes of Nasty Canasta. I do think he'll probably wait until at least Daffy, Wile E., and maybe Tweety are in first, but I think he's absolutely on the short list.

Want - 100%
I mean...he's Foghorn Leghorn. He's one of the funniest Looney Tunes, and people love him for a reason. He's a giant rooster who mouths off while throwing his weight around. He's brimming with personality and would stand out so much on the roster - in a good way! He's definitely one of the remaining Looney Tunes characters I want the most, alongside a Granny and Tweety tagteam a la Rosalina and Luma, and Porky Pig.

Half of my nominations to T.O.M., and half to Don Lockwood.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
i'm gonna wait until i see the nominations update list until i nominate someone, but is it fine to not nominate a character while still rating?

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Foghorn Legorn

Chance: 77%

Foghorn is so known,but he is not very very popular as Bugs, Daffy, Taz and others, it's okay that he is added as NPC or announcer, but it could be good to see Foghorn as a fighter.

Want: 65%

well, Forhorn is not so popular as i said as ther other looney tunes characters,i know that he is a good character,but he is not so iconic as the rest of the characters

Norms:
Porky Pig
Lola Bunny
Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)

ivanlerma

Smash Master
"I'm going to TEAR the organization to pieces"-Higan
Higan

Theme Song: VENGEANCE

29%: Ninja Kamui was one of the original anime made for Toonami on [Adult Swim], the show focuses on Higan, a former ninja who goes on a journey to get revenge on the organization that he used to work with after they tried to kill him but with the cost of losing his family(his wife & son), but when he faces off against the ninjas he learns that he needed to adapt by gearing up into a kamui which is a mechsuit armor in the show in order to stand a chance against the organization, it's leader, and an old friend. the series also follows other characters with Higan who have their own goals to accomplish against the villains, Emma, a former ninja who is helping higan with his revenge with tech, Mike, a off duty cop who's risking his job to solve the case behind the organizations' CEO(Not the main one, another one), and Jason, a hacker who's been trying to get payback against the same company the organizations tied with.

The show premiered on February 11th and then concluded it's run on May 5th of this year, it's still rerunning on the block and currently may not be airing it's japanese run in japan(Atleast that's what wikipedia says, correct me if i'm wrong) yet the subbed version already should have aired in america. Apparently Adult Swim is thinking of making more for this show after it's run on Toonami did pretty well but are waiting to see if the original animation studio is willing to do another season(personally, i wouldn't want another one since Higan's story's done unless it's a prequel story or we focus on someone else).

Being one of the original anime on adult swim besides FLCL which is owned by them, Ninja Kamui could be an easy choice to go with if they wanted too and considering what higan is capable of in the show he can certainly work off as a unique character for the game, though what may push him away from getting in is people's general appeal for supporting higan in the game aswell as pushing for the main anime series' that aren't 100% owned by WB or even adult swim similar to FLCL, so with Higan it may be very tough for him to get in Multiversus.

Alternate Song: Unbroken

30%: In spite of people's opinions being harsh and the show not being the best, i thought Ninja Kamui was really good, i like seeing the action, i may like Higan too, aswell as Big D(The Man), and some of the music is great too even if the music may be more on the lines of "Edgy Emo Rock" i still like it.

for higan being in Multiversus? i think putting him would mostly give Ninja Kamui some attention and showing some representation for adult swim's original anime, yes there's FLCL but they bought it not own it. He can also have a mechanic were he can put on his Kamui Suit to increase his speed, durability, and attack potency since in the show it's shown that higan can't defeat normal mechsuit users due to being outmatched by them, and with his own he was able to keep up with them, So Higan can be played out as strong & fast yet weak in his normal appearance then change whenever he's being overwhelmed or the player atleast.

So all you want about the show however the potential higan has for the game can sound awesome.

"Pay Attention, Son. I Say, Pay Attention!"-Foghorn Leghorn
Foghorn Leghorn

Theme Song: Foghorn sings Doo-Dah

90%: Foghorn Leghorn, one of the most iconic characters from the looney tunes. he's a full grown humanoid chicken who usually is seen at the farm minding his normal day until someone does something and he gives them a big ol' smack in the face, shouting full on sentences, telling them "Boy, I Say Boy" in them trying to tell them what their doing while giving them some stress, although there's always that chicken hawk who comes around trying to eat him for lunch.

He's appeared in pretty much various looney tunes media, movies such as the Space Jam Series, Looney Tunes: Back in Action, Coyote Vs. ACME, and Rabbits Run. shows such as The Looney Tunes Show, Tiny Toons Loonaversity, and Wabbit. Games such as ACME Arsenal, Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout, and World Mayhem, including other guest star appearances & cameos in other media such as GEICO, Family Guy, Roger Rabbit, & Even The Chip N Dale Live-Action Movie.

Foghorn's chances mostly amount to people seeing him in some other form other than a playable character and well they're mostly getting that as Foghorn is getting an announcer pack from the datamines(the memes at the time felt right) although foghorn's popularity status can help him be a fighter other looney tunes characters have more vocal requests and possibly more priority to player first games & warner for the time being, plus overbeating on a franchise could make his chances hurt a bit more if fans start complaining unless balance is added, either way foghorn shouldn't have the worst chances of being in Multiversus however there are some factors that could hurt them.

Alternate Song: **** of the Walk

80%: Well i like a lot of the Looney Tunes characters foghorn is among them, whenever he shows up onscreen i often feel entertained by him his southern accent, warming attitude, and funny smack talk makes me enjoy the character.

While i do agree with the idea of him being an announcer best suiting him i love the other idea of him being a fighter too, just have him showing his slapstick comedy and smack talking characters would help foghorn stick out.

My Nominations
-All Noms to Lapis Lazuli

Edit at 8/2/24 at 8:11 PM: Added my nomination.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
T-800
Chance: 20.17%
Want: 57.5%

Concept: My Adventures With Superman content
Chance: 75%
Want: 77%

Noms List

50+
Leatherface x60
Cecils (Toonami) x55

25-49
Mac & Bloo x45
Mothra x40
Lex Luthor x40
George Jetson x39
Guardians of Ga'hoole rep x35
Furiosa x35
David Mills x35
TOM x34
Yogi Bear x33
Lum the Invader x31
Don Lockwood x31
Shang Tsung x30
Jay Gatsby x30
Rick Flag x30
Professor Fate x30
Prohyas and Vambre (Mighty Magiswords) x29
Concept: Ballmastrz 9009 characters x27
Kazuma & Co. (Konosuba) x27
Cat in the Hat x26
Krypto the Superdog x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25
Summer (Rick & Morty) x25
Revolting Slob (Crashbox) x25

1-24
Sam (Trick r Treat) x24
Rosie the Robot x21
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Concept: Velma (2023) skins x20
Dreamer x20
Shmoo (Li'l Abner) x20
Doom Patrol content x20
Larry and Steve x20
Black Dynamite x18
Omar Little x17
Concept: Marvel characters x16
Leonidas x15
Mumble (Happy Feet) x15
Dethlok x15
Gabriel (Malignant) x15
Darla Dimple x15
Lapis Lazuli x15
Tanjiro x13
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Concept: Danny the Street stage x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Concept: Rapsittie Street Kids rep x10
Eva Ernst x10
Concept: Moral Orel rep x10
Fuzzy Lumpkins x10
Mr. Meeseeks x10
Colonel Rimfire x10
Duck Dragons x10
Huckleberry Hound x10
Quick Draw McGraw x10
Dynomutt x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Slappy Squirrel x7
Concept: My Hero Academia characters x7
Supergirl x7
Sylvester and Tweety x7
Captain Planet x7
The Mask x7
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Booster Gold x5
Andrew W.K. x5
Pennywise x5
Spawn x5
Ken (Barbie) x5
Marine Boy x5
Wade Watts x5
John J. Sheridan x4
The Flash x4
Jabberjaw x3
Numbuh 1 x3
Shana x2
Godzooky x2
Jarro x1
Smormu x1

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Ninja Gaide-oh wait wrong series

Chance: 17%

Being a very recent series does have its advantages, and the show does have merits with it getting good reviews and having a game based on it, so there is some effort being put into pushing this IP. However, with the competition from bigger and more famous Adult Swim shows being so prevalent, I'm not sure how much priority Ninja Kamui would have. Generally speaking that's not a major issue, but considering Ninja Kamui has yet to make a big splash, it may have to be continued in some way to have a strong chance, otherwise it could fall into the same trap as many, many other IPs have fallen into where they are no longer being used and only have a humble fan base to push for them.

Want: 50%

I haven't seen this show, but it would be nice to get Adult Swim shows in here that are along the lines of this one, in addition to all the obvious one. Plus I'm always up for a playable Ninja.

Big Bird

Chance: 25%

He may be coming at some point, I feel. But at the same time there is something that gives me pause. Now there is something in the datamines that points to Foghorn potentially coming to the game in some fashion that isn't a fighter. Of course, just because a character is in a non-playable role that doesn't mean that they can't become a fighter. Banana Guard already proved that. However, it makes me doubt how much of a priority Foghorn would be if out of all the Looney Tunes characters absent from the game, he's the one that gets the side content treatment. You could say that that is an advantage in his favor as that demonstrates his popularity and that is a fair point. But it just tells me that at least at this point in time, the devs are probably not focusing on making him playable.

Want: 55%

Sure, he could be fun and he's an entertaining character overall. I'm not clamoring for anymore Looney Tunes characters at the moment, but if he got added I wouldn't complain at all.

Noms: Mac & Bloo x15

I mainly did that so we can have a double Toonami day

Noms - Before Lockdown

50+
Leatherface x60
Mac & Bloo x60
Cecils (Toonami) x55

25-49
TOM x42
Mothra x40
Lex Luthor x40
George Jetson x39
Don Lockwood x38
Guardians of Ga'hoole rep x35
Furiosa x35
David Mills x35
Lapis Lazuli x35
Yogi Bear x33
Lum the Invader x31
Shang Tsung x30
Jay Gatsby x30
Rick Flag x30
Professor Fate x30
Cat in the Hat x26
Krypto the Superdog x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25

1-24
Sam (Trick r Treat) x24
Rosie the Robot x21
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Dreamer x20
Shmoo (Li'l Abner) x20
Doom Patrol content x20
Larry and Steve x20
Concept: Fox Animated TV rep x20
Black Dynamite x18
Omar Little x17
Leonidas x15
Mumble (Happy Feet) x15
Dethlok x15
Gabriel (Malignant) x15
Darla Dimple x15
Tanjiro x13
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Eva Ernst x10
Fuzzy Lumpkins x10
Mr. Meeseeks x10
Colonel Rimfire x10
Duck Dragons x10
Huckleberry Hound x10
Quick Draw McGraw x10
Dynomutt x10
Ted Turner x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Slappy Squirrel x7
Supergirl x7
Sylvester and Tweety x7
Captain Planet x7
The Mask x7
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Booster Gold x5
Andrew W.K. x5
Pennywise x5
Spawn x5
Ken (Barbie) x5
Marine Boy x5
Wade Watts x5
John J. Sheridan x4
The Flash x4
Jabberjaw x3
Numbuh 1 x3
Shana x2
Godzooky x2
Jarro x1
Smormu x1

THESE CHARACTERS ARE NOW LOCKED DOWN. NOMINATIONS FOR THEM ARE NULL & VOID.
Day 140 - Leatherface (The Texas Chain Saw Massacre) and Mac & Bloo (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)
Day 141 - Cecils and TOM (double Toonami day)
Day 142 - Mothra and Lex Luthor (DC Comics)
Day 143 - George Jetson (The Jetsons) and Don Lockwood (Singin' in the Rain)
Day 144 - Concept: Guardians of Ga'Hoole rep and Furiosa (Mad Max)
Day 145 - David Mills (Se7en) and Lapis Lazuli (Steven Universe)
Day 146 - Yogi Bear and Lum the Invader Girl

Noms - After Lockdown

50+

25-49
Shang Tsung x30
Jay Gatsby x30
Rick Flag x30
Professor Fate x30
Cat in the Hat x26
Krypto the Superdog x25
Bloodsport x25
Ratcatcher II x25
Polka Dot Man x25

1-24
Sam (Trick r Treat) x24
Rosie the Robot x21
Leonardo (TMNT) x20
Red Guy x20
David Powers x20
Dreamer x20
Shmoo (Li'l Abner) x20
Doom Patrol content x20
Larry and Steve x20
Concept: Fox Animated TV rep x20
Black Dynamite x18
Omar Little x17
Leonidas x15
Mumble (Happy Feet) x15
Dethlok x15
Gabriel (Malignant) x15
Darla Dimple x15
Tanjiro x13
Alfred E. Neuman x11
John Stewart x10
Yusuke Urameshi x10
Green Arrow x10
Eva Ernst x10
Fuzzy Lumpkins x10
Mr. Meeseeks x10
Colonel Rimfire x10
Duck Dragons x10
Huckleberry Hound x10
Quick Draw McGraw x10
Dynomutt x10
Ted Turner x10
Penelope Pitstop x7
Ponyboy Curtis x7
Sonic the Hedgehog x7
Slappy Squirrel x7
Supergirl x7
Sylvester and Tweety x7
Captain Planet x7
The Mask x7
**** Grayson x6
Johnny Test x6
Harry Hill x5
Victor & Valentino x5
Elmer Fudd x5
Groo The Wanderer x5
Clarence x5
Booster Gold x5
Andrew W.K. x5
Pennywise x5
Spawn x5
Ken (Barbie) x5
Marine Boy x5
Wade Watts x5
John J. Sheridan x4
The Flash x4
Jabberjaw x3
Numbuh 1 x3
Shana x2
Godzooky x2
Jarro x1
Smormu x1

Day over.

Rate Leatherface from the Texas Chain Saw Massacre, as well as Mac & Bloo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

For Mac & Bloo, we are rating the chances of both of them getting in, whether it be as a duo or as separate characters.

Here are some songs to get into the mood to have a perfectly fine dinner with the perfectly fine family:

And here are some videos to get into the mood to play with your imaginary friends:

One of the many reasons why not to go into the desert

Texas Chainsaw Massacre needs no introduction. Being an iconic slasher series, with the first film being one of the most influential films in the genre, this is one of the obvious picks if you want a solid horror pick. Not to mention Warner Bros already negotiated to have Leatherface in Mortal Kombat X, which is a good sign. Plus you have a recognizable slasher villain who has a god dam chainsaw, and not many people carry around that weapon with style like Leatherface does.

However, Warner Bros does have a slight lack of history with the franchise. They have distributed three of the movies and there is the aforementioned MK guest appearance, but otherwise the synergy isn't really there. Even with Jason now in the game, there is still characters like Pennywise and Freddy who have a stronger history with WB who would likely get in first. Now if, in the future, those two get in and there is an established history of third party characters and if MultiVersus is still in a healthy state at that point, then I would be willing to bump up this rating. But even now, I'm still skeptical on third parties.

Want: 100%

I'm always up for more horror picks, especially ones with chainsaws. The original Texas Chainsaw is an absolutely legendary film with the realistic, rusty look of the visuals and the opening sequence with the narrator giving the movie a real, disturbing vibe to it. It's a film that I really adore and while I don't have much history with the franchise (the only other films I've watched are the remake and its prequel), I certainly do want to get into it more someday.

I might rate Mac and Bloo another day.

Noms: TBA

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Leatherface
Leatherface is in an... interesting spot. There's a few things that do work in their favour, but then there's other things that... don't. First things first, I don't think licensing would be too big an issue - content from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre has appeared in all kinds of games before now such as Call of Duty, Rocket League, Dead by Daylight and Mortal Kombat, and while the film rights for the series have bounced around a little, the IP as a whole is still owned by Vortex Inc. - who seem open to this sort of thing. With that in mind, I don't think Warner would have too many issues on the licensing department... aside from the fact that licensing is, itself, a concern, especially when Warner arguably have a couple of horror characters in their own back pocket.

In addition, beyond just the quite grotesque nature of the character and media (which was pretty much side-stepped with Jason and in a lot of the franchise's other appearances in crossovers, so I don't think that'd be an issue), there's other issues that spring to mind with Leatherface specifically. Now, a lot of people far more intelligent than me have dug into this a lot more effectively, so I'll summarise the whole thing with a tl;dr - certain readings of Leatherface's character suggest a potential allegory for the idea of trans people being seen as violent impostors, as well as the demonisation of trauma survivors and the neurodiverse. Do I think this would massively raise issues? Probably not, in practice - but I do think there'd be some trepidation from Warner suits as a result.

Of course, there are some other considerations. The idea of a slow, hulking brute with an obscured face and an iconic weapon of choice does already exist in the roster with Jason, and while Leatherface could absolutely make up an interesting pairing for Jason (and has, in the past), Jason has a far more iconic rivalry with another slasher villain that I think people would be more excited to see - and has less... baggage surrounding him.

Want: 30%
Honestly, I wouldn't be entirely against this, but it wouldn't be my first pick. Leatherface absolutely lends to a lot of moveset potential, and I can't deny that The Texas Chainsaw Massacre would lend well to inclusion in a game like this one. The issue is that I think there's some more interesting horror characters to go with - even putting aside baggage, I can't help but think other horror picks like Freddy Kreuger or Chucky could be a little more mechanically unique. Also, come to think of it, that baggage I mentioned does make me think it might be in slightly bad taste to have a potential teamup of Leatherface and Bugs Bunny on the cards. Not that I don't think Leatherface could work, they absolutely could... they're just not my cup of tea.

Mac & Bloo
Chance: 20%
I think Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends is in an interesting spot too, but for different reasons. Obviously the best thing going for it is the lack of licensing issues - being a wholly owned Cartoon Network show - but then that brings up another consideration... are Mac & Bloo the most likely characters from that era? This might seem like an odd point, but when their direct competition is arguably characters like Ben Tennyson, characters from the Teen Titans show, and so on and so forth, it's an interesting one to consider.

There's a lot of nostalgia for shows from this period - but then you have to consider that CN also has other periods to represent, like its early days with characters like Dexter or Johnny Bravo, some more stuff from the 2010s like Regular Show or Gumball, more modern stuff, [as] stuff... It's an odd point, but I think the issue with FHFIF representation is that it's in an unfortunate bracket of not really having as much outright nostalgia for it to make it a shoe-in, while also not having all too much in terms of recent stuff to promote (besides a preschool-oriented spinoff in 2022.)

Mac & Bloo absolutely lend to having potential, of course. There's limitless stuff you could pull off with the themes of "imagination", and their unique appearances and abilities would lend to a pretty fun moveset... though, I think it's worth considering that the "two-in-one" character concept at its most baseline level kind of already exists with Tom & Jerry. Of course, they'd be different mechanically - but I think it still bears consideration.

It's difficult to rate them this low, but unless there's someone in PFG who really pushes for them, they kind of feel like they'd get shafted in favour of more "iconic" picks from the era.

Want: 40%
I was never a massive fan of the show when I was younger, but I think I can see the appeal of the concept - and on a mechanical level, there's plenty of potential for how the pair could work in action. That being said... I feel like I'd be pretty indifferent to their inclusion, if only because of my own lack of involvement with the brand. That being said, I wouldn't think of it as them "replacing" a "more iconic pick" or something of the sort - they have their own merits, and like I mentioned, the theme of "imagination" lends to all kinds of fun with their moveset.

I'll pass my noms over to Mr. Frog. I think he'd be interesting.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
: 18%
Foster's is a very beloved show, and one WB hasn't shied away from using in nostalgia merch, and there's not much to say about its chances as a whole besides "it's overshadowed by other potential CN shows from that era", which can be said about basically anything (not already in in some form) from pre-AT CN other than the Eds or Benjamin the Tenjaminth regardless of whole chance - so that kinda puts the big emphasis on Mac & Bloo themselves, who well... hoo boy. So, what he have here is the generic main boy, and the most divisive character. Not a good look for speculation, MCs or otherwise. MVS hasn't really done duo characters outside of Tom & Jerry (two characters so inherently tied to their interactions with one another it'd be impossible to have them portrayed any other way), which is bad news for Mac, a regular boy in a show with "Imaginary" in the title, even if Bloo the paddleboarding shapeshifter isn't going to have issues solo; while Bloo is now taking the Duggee role in a preschool reboot of the show - which on it's own is a non-issue, Heyo BMO and Bugs Bunny Builders aren't effecting the game at all - but this is the only Foster's content in the works, and the first time the franchise has been touched in almost 2 decades, which does put into question how WB may want not just Bloo, but the entire Foster's IP to be percieved during the show's run.

All noms, still, to Ted Turner

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Leatherface

Chance: 63%

Leatherface is a iconic horror villain, he have various appearences on other games, he can be an good add and one more horror rep,since MVS have Jason and soon Bettlejuice, i think that the devs could use him based on original or 2013 reboot or more original,like as was did on Jason

Want: 55%

it could be good him on roster,nd for me is a okay choice,since i'm not a big fan from the movie series

Mac & Bloo

Chance: 38%

Mac & Bloo are interesting choices, they could be have a gimmick similar from Ice Climbers,and that's fine of add a 2000s Cartoon Network rep, who could be good for some nostalgic persons

Want: 81%

they are a good choice and could work as just one character of a rep,it's not my biggest pick,but it's neat

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm gonna make a brief public service announcement that will benefit everyone here.

If you start your writeup but get interrupted or if you want to take a break, copy and paste the writeup into Google Docs or any kind of platform where you know for certain it will be saved.

Smashboards has a problem with deleting "saved" text that hasn't been posted after a few days. Keep that in mind and save your posts somewhere else if you are not gonna submit it right away. A lot of you put great effort into your writeups and I would hate to see what just happened occur again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom