• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances MultiVersus Edition: Day 133 - Tracy Turnblad (Hairspray) and Gwimbly (Smiling Friends)

Do you want me to start locking in the top 14 instead of top 7?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amageish

Smash Master
Numbuh 1

Chance: 45%. Okay... I'll be honest, I probably overrated the Eds and am now overrating Numbuh 1, but I want to be consistent gosh darn it!

Most of what you can say about the Eds really applies here: Good contender, but Cartoon Network provides a lot of competition and we don't know what the scope of Multiversus will be like yet. The fandom is alive, but we don't know if it will be enough. 2000s nostalgia doesn't seem to be where a lot of companies have been focusing on and this is reflected in the current Multiversus roster, but also it seems like 2000s nostalgia is getting trendier and trendier as time goes on. So, I think this is a very plausible IP to get in and it's just a matter of what direction the games go in.

The other issue is what Sari points out: There's a chance another character could get in instead. I remember this being a hot topic in Ye Olde Days of Punch-Time Explosion speculation... It's possible they could pick another member of the group.

Want: Abstain. I do not remember anything about this show! Googling it, it apparently did air in Canada, but I don't know how long it aired in Canada for... Either way, it didn't leave that much of an impression on me personally, I suppose...

Noms: All on Ellie

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Operation C.H.A.N.C.E.S.
(Calculating Historically the Availability of Nigel Considering Existing Statistics)

Chance: 30%
Again, One is in the same position as any other popular 2000s cartoon. He has competition within the era. He has competition with more retro cartoons and more relevant cartoons. And he has competition with every other WB property in general. But what I feel gives Mr. Uno an advantage is that as a bona fide secret agent he has limitless moveset potential. You could add all 5 kids, some villains, and still be left with gadgets to use. So, if the devs are doing their homework, I think they'll notice the moveset goldmine and find it hard to resist.

Want: 100%
I had so much fun with KND. What kid wouldn't? It's the ultimate child fantasy, the war between kids, adults and teenagers, the idea that everyone's apparently mundane life hides an underworld of subterfuge and espionage. It was just a badass show and even though my favorites were Numbuhs 3 and 4, One was still a cool leader and Id love to see him. Plus he looks like kid Riddick, gotta give a 100% just for that alone.

Noms: Lola Bunny

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm not clever enough to do one of those operation acronyms, all I know is that Nigel's trailer should totally start with one.

Chance: 25%

Pretty similar situation to Ed, Edd n Eddy. The early 2000s seems to be in an awkward phase where it's not old enough to be nostalgic, yet it's not recent enough to be prime promotional material. So KND is stuck in an area alongside its brethren where it struggles to stand out. And again, there is stiff competition from Ben 10 and shows that are deep in the nostalgic or promotional departments. Plus Sari brought up a good point that Numbuh 1 isn't guaranteed to be the rep. While he was the sole Sector V kid playable in PTE and some of the biggest plotlines and twists in the series involve him, relatively speaking all the main 5 kids are equally important. Plus the villain roster is huge as well, so there is a real possibility that Nigel could get passed over.

Want: 95%

Cartoon Network had a lot of great shows back in the early 2000s that I grew up with. Ed, Edd n Eddy, Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Kids, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and several others I'm blanking on. And yet KND was and is one of my favorites out of the classics. The show was fantastic, it stayed consistently good, had lots of colorful characters, and had a lot of personality and charm. The fact that it exaggerates the life of kids who also happen to be agents is amazing, and the stories reflect that. Like the plot for one of the first episodes is about Mr. Wink and Mr. Fibb (Who are based on Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd from the Bond film Diamonds are Forever) taking over a swimming pool and banning all kids. Then there is the episode where Knightbrace forces kids to clean their teeth. Or the episode where Numbuh 5 is forced to help the Delightful Children find some legendary ice cream and it plays out exactly like an Indiana Jones film. It's brilliant. I would welcome any character from this series.

Noms: Neo x10

Calcs coming sometime soon-ish

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Numbuh 1

Chance- 51%
Codename Kids Next Door is definitely one of Cartoon Network's major mainstays. On top of that Numbuh 1 is basically KND's icon so seems like things might be in his favor.

Want- 0%

Codename Kids Next Doors is definitely one of my least wanted series for Multiversus. Numbuh 1 is also one of my lesser favourites out of KND characters.

Noms
Dio Brando- x5

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Ed, Edd , Eddy
Chance: 38.75%
Want: 75.63%

Noms List

100+

75-99

50-74
Pim and Charlie x55
Dio Brando x55

25-49
Maxwell x42
K.O x40
Fred Flintstone x40
Concept: Characters with no strong Warner Bros connection x39
Peanuts content x39
Zatanna x35
Lola Bunny x35
John Constantine x30
Doomsday x30
The Impractical Jokers x30
Neo x30

1-24
All Elite Wrestling rep x23
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Harry Potter x20
Rick Sanchez x20
Audrey II x17
Citizen Kane x11
Jackie Chan x11
Deathstroke x10
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Ellie Williams x10
The Gilmore Girls (as a duo) x9
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Lion-O x5
Powerpuff Girls x5
Dexter x5
Wile E. Coyote x5
Steve Urkel x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Gizmo x4
Six Flags content x2
Shana x2
Kuroyukihime x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

Day over.

Rate Eustace Bagge from Courage The Cowardly Dog.

Some clips to get into the mood to retrieve yer' mallet:
[/collapse][/collapse]

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Stupid Dog! You made me look bad!"

Chance - 1%
I do think this show may get some representation. They just put out a Scooby Doo crossover movie and Courage gets featured heavily on retro merch and the like. But why Eustace? I don't know why they'd go for him over the titular cowardly dog. I understand that sometimes it makes sense to go with the side character over the protagnist, as we've seen in NASB, and with Shaggy and Velma, though I'd argue they are just much of a protagnist as Scoob. But I just think Courage has way more moveset potential than his elderly owner. I understand the criticism that his cowardly nature might make him illfitting for a fighting game, but I actualy feel like it gives them liberates to get creative. Eustace could even be part of his moveset!

Want - 5%
I actually do want this show to get in. I'm actually a pretty big fan! But I'd rather they just add Courage himself. I like Eustace. He's funny. But this is simply a case where I think the more obvious option is the way to go. I'd still play him if he got in. I'm sure they could him an interesting moveset. But I'd question the pick.

Noms to Samurai Jack

Last edited by a moderator:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
"That's it I'm gettin me mallet!"

Chance- 10%
I feel like if they want a Courage the Cowardly Dog rep most likely it would go to Courage. Although think Eustace might pull something similar surprise as Nigel Thornberry in Nick All Stars Brawl.

Want- 35%
Him actually being my least favourite Courage character kind of tanked him for wants. But I think he would make a fun character to play as.

Noms-
Dio Brando- x5

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
How are you not dead yet Eustace Bagge?

Chances- 1%

I don't see Eustace joining MultiVerses happening. The show he's from is barely started out in the 90s before it bled into the 2000s. Despite that, any character from "Courage the Cowardly Dog" will face competition from more recent Cartoon Network show and the more classic CN shows. Even if "Courage" does get content on MultiVerses, Eustace is going to be a very low priority. If anything, I can see Courage getting a spot in the roster over the old man. Even as a left-turn pick, I think you can do much better than Eustace Bagge.

Want- 10%

I grew up and loved "Courage the Cowardly Dog." I do NOT want to play as Eustace as he's easliy my most disliked character in the show. Considering his physical and emotional abuse to Courage, I always wondered why Muriel married Eustace. Aside being an animal abuser, I don't see any moveset potential that can make him fun to play. I would easily prefer having Courage be playable in MultiVerses over Eustace.

My noms: Neo (Matrix) x10

amageish

Smash Master
Eustace Bagge

Chance: 12%. We're really on a CN kick, huh? Once again, I think 2000s nostalgia is on the up-and-up again and, if this game is planned for a long-term shelf-life, I think 2000s IPs getting in is pretty probable.

Now, uh, let's start the bad news: Courage's revival was quietly dropped. He did get a Scooby-Doo crossover, but apparently that was originally planned as just one among many episodes of Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? that blossomed into its own film... apparently without John R. Dilworth's involvement?!?! That seems kind of weird, but regardless: That puts Courage in the same category as the likes of Steve Urkel, the Ghost of Abe Lincoln, and... YouTuber Liza Koshy? Okay, sure.... Point being: That's definitely content and it's better then nothing, but it doesn't make me think that Warner Bros is uniformly super hyped-up on the brand.

That said, it is still getting merch. It's still generally a series that is getting content. It has a fandom. I think it's possible Courage gets into the game! Question is if he brings Eustace with him, which... Well, he's a reaction gif mainstay, but how likely is it that they'd be double-dipping on an IP the size of Courage the Cowardly Dog? It's possible, but I'm not confidant in it.

Want: Abstain. Another 2000s show I am objectively aware that I have watched and yet I have retained ~0 memory of it...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
there was a boy called eustace bagge, and he very nearly deserved it. abstain never heard of this

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Nope, not getting out of this chair

Chance: 10%

Sure, Eustace has some memes. But I don't think this a Shaggy situation where there is enough merit for him to get in over Courage. The UI Shaggy meme was huge for a while and besides the Scoob members are relatively equally important. So I don't believe Eustace will be the first Courage rep and I don't think the series is popular enough to get multiple reps.

Want: 35%

I wouldn't be mad if this happened. Eustace, despite being a grumpy dog abuser, actually does have enough cartoonish moments for him to be charming in a way. The mallet meme plus other things like his chair could be implemented well into his moveset and he could turn out to be really funny. But Courage himself should really get in first.

Noms: Neo x5

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Question, how will satisfaction days work, if at all?

I ask because Velma was officially confirmed just now on the Multiversus Twitter.

No official gameplay showcase though so for now we could continue the regular schedule.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Question, how will satisfaction days work, if at all?

I ask because Velma was officially confirmed just now on the Multiversus Twitter.

No official gameplay showcase though so for now we could continue the regular schedule.
Yeah I'll wait until official gameplay is shown, since I'm weary on us rating anything that isn't officially confirmed. I will have the satisfaction day either in between days or in between schedules, depending on when they show gameplay.

Oh yeah, and the day will end sometime tonight. I'm busy at the moment.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Quan-Chi from Mortal Kombat.

Some songs to get back into the MOORRTALL KKKOOMBAATT!! mood:

Numbuh 1
Chance: 38.43%
Want: 79.17%

If it wasn't for a single outlier score, Numbuh 1 would have been the top most wanted character with an overall want score of 95%.

Noms List

100+

75-99

50-74
Dio Brando x60
Pim and Charlie x55
Lola Bunny x55
Neo x50

25-49
Maxwell x45
Peanuts content x41
K.O x40
Fred Flintstone x40
Zatanna x35
John Constantine x30
Doomsday x30

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Harry Potter x20
Rick Sanchez x20
Ellie Williams x20
Audrey II x17
Citizen Kane x11
Jackie Chan x11
Deathstroke x10
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Samurai Jack x10
Wile E. Coyote x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Lion-O x5
Powerpuff Girls x5
Dexter x5
Steve Urkel x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Gizmo x4
Six Flags content x2
Shana x2
Kuroyukihime x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Quan Chi

Chance- 0%
Mortal Kombat is owned by WB yes, but that doesn't make Quan Chi not vulnerable to being unlikely. The MK reps I only see happening in this game are Scorpion and maybe Sub Zero.

Want- 0%
Mortal Kombat is my lesser wanted series for this game. Quan Chi doesn't interest me at all either.

Noms
Dio Brando- x5

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think I missed the window for Eustace, but then again I would've just echoed what everyone else said: Courage is the better option from every perspective.

Juanchi

Chance: 5%
I mean, I guess it's possible? Maybe he'll be the main villain in a future Mortal Kombat movie and make him a prime candidate for promotion. Otherwise I don't see him over MK's many, many, many icons.

Want: 20%
He's cool, and both MK games in which he's the villain are personal favorites for me. But I'm not dying to see him over franchise stalwarts or my favorite characters like Bo Rai Cho, Stryker or D'Vorah.

D

Deleted member

WOOLAY.

Chance - 0%
Scorpion is as good as confirmed in my eyes, and after that we'll probably get Sub-Zero. But i honestly wouldn't be too surprised if Mortal Kombat gets at least one more after that as DLC, depending how long this game goes on for. It is a popular series and is hands down WB's biggest gaming IP. Quan Chi does have have some story importanice, being the one who secretly created Scorpion, and he was one of the only MK4 characters to come back for the reboot, but in my opinion there are just so many major picks left before they would get to the likes of Quan Chi. Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Katana / Mileena, Raiden, Shao Kahn. I just don't see the Netherealm sorcerer being particularly high on their list.

Want - 10%
I like Mortal Kombat and I don't mind Quan Chi at al all, but he wouldn't be my pick for an MK rep in a crossover game like this. There are just a lot of characters I'd prefer to see over the bald sorcerer. The memes are funny though and I guess a moveset involving rasing the dead could be kind of cool.

Noms to Samurai Jack

KillerCage

Smash Master
Great... Quan Chi... another Mortal Kombat character...

Chances- 0%

I thought about abstaining from this, but I have things to say about this guy. Do I think we're going to get a Mortal Kombat character in MultiVerses? The answer is yes as there are plenty is options such as Klu Kang, Shao Khan, Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, and Scorpion. And you see the problem with Quan Chi's chances. There are too many MK charachers that take priority over the necromancer. I don't see WB wanting to include a secondary character from a legendary fighting game series when they could include FAR more popular characters from the same series.

Want- 0%

In case you haven't noticed, I don't care for Mortal Kombat. I haven't played the games and I likely won't in the future (more of a Blazblue fan and I haven't played that series either.) I'm willing to lenient some characters like Johnny Cage or Goro, but not Quan Chi. From what I gathered, he's just another generic villain who happens to a necromancer. You could say that my chance and want scores for Quan Chi were dead on arrival.

My noms: Neo (Matrix) x10

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Quan-Chi from the MK4 arcade cabinet

Quan is going to be relatively low priority in terms of MK in Multiversus. He's not one of the original characters, he wasn't even playable in the original trilogy. He's only been a major antagonist in the 3d era of games which aren't particularly well regarded. He's not even in the latest game. He is a bit of a fan favourite however and his impact on the story marks him as being the one behind the deaths of Scorpion's family and clan as well as being responsible for the conflict between Scorpion and Sub-Zero as well as the latter's death and transformation into Noob Saibot all while serving Shinnok.

He still has to contend with the fact that the likes of Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Johnny, Liu Kang, Sonya, Jax, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, Sindel, Kitana, Goro, Cassie, Jacqui, Kenshi and so on so even if Mortal Kombat does get a sizable share of characters, he still has a long way to get in.

Want: 100%

He's a pretty fun character, both with moveset and the crap he gets up to behind the scenes and I'd absolutely love to see him make his way into Multiversus. And whilst it'd never happen even if he were to get in, a reference to his infamously awful Neck Pull fatality would be a pretty hilarious recovery move.

Noms:
All on Deathstroke

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Quan-Chi

I think he does have a semi-decent chance. He is a notable villain who has had an impact on the story. Quan-Chi is responsible for starting Scorpion's character arc and setting up his conflict with Sub-Zero. Also, him being a sorcerer may entice the devs to go with him if they wanted to go that route. That said, I do agree he is outprioritized by at least 9 other characters: The 7 main characters (The ones who were playable in the original MK and who started it all) as well as Goro and Shao Kahn, both of whom are far more iconic and popular villains. Heck, you can even make the argument for other popular characters like Mileena and Baraka too. Simply put, there is a lot of competition so even if I were to make a generous assumption and say that we will get 3+ MK characters, even then Quan-Chi would not be guaranteed.

Want: 60%

I'd be down for almost any MK rep. The franchise has so many cool and interesting characters and Quan-Chi is no exception. But I do think we should get at least some of the main characters, plus Goro or Shao Kahn before we delve into the secondary character catalogue.

Noms: Harry Potter x10

amageish

Smash Master
Quan-Chi

Chance: 6%. I feel like my post is just going to be running previous ratings for him through a thesaurus, but regardless... I think he's possible. Tony Huynh's Tweet asking what Mortal Kombat characters people are interested in makes me think that they're at least considering including MK reps beyond the obvious two. So, Quan-Chi is definitely possible! He is notable for the franchise's lore and he's a cool villain. Problem is... Mortal Kombat has a lot of really popular and iconic characters, so it's very easy for him to be out-prioritized.

Want: 60%. I would respect this choice! I'm not super invested in this particular character and wouldn't be "hyped" by it, but I think it'd be neat to see someone from the current era of MK get in instead of it just being the classics and/or the "Characters who were glitches in the classics and are now fully-formed characters in the current canon."

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Quan-Chi (Mortal Kombat):

Chance: 5%

I just don't see him joining really. He's possible to join I feel there's other characters that have a higher chance of joining from Mortal Kombat. I feel Scorpion, Shao Kahn, Goro and Sub-Zero are the top contenders for Mortal Kombat.

Want: 50%

He's an important character to the MK lore but I have other priorities for MultiVersus overall.

Noms:
Maxwell (Scribblenauts) x3
Peanuts content x2

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Day over.

Rate Rebecca Bunch from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

Some clips to get into the lawyer mood:

Eustace Bagge
Chance: 6.8%
Want: 21.25%

Eustace is now the least likely AND least wanted character. Ouch, it looked like his bad luck from the show transferred itself onto RTC.

Noms List

100+

75-99

50-74
Dio Brando x65
Neo x65
Lola Bunny x60
Pim and Charlie x55

25-49
Maxwell x48
Peanuts content x43
K.O x40
Fred Flintstone x40
Zatanna x35
John Constantine x30
Doomsday x30
Ellie Williams x30

1-24
Spike (Gremlins) x21
Rick Sanchez x20
Harry Potter x20
Samurai Jack x20
Audrey II x17
Citizen Kane x11
Jackie Chan x11
John Stewart x10
Rosie The Robot x10
Wile E. Coyote x10
Deathstroke x10
Snow Miser x7
**** Grayson x6
Static x5
Osmosis Jones x5
Lion-O x5
Powerpuff Girls x5
Dexter x5
Steve Urkel x5
John J. Sheridan x4
Gizmo x4
Six Flags content x2
Shana x2
Kuroyukihime x2
Jarro x1
Godzooky x1

D

Deleted member

Abstain. I know of this show but I've never seen it. I honestly thought this and Jane the Virgin where the same show untill now.

Noms to Samurai Jack

amageish

Smash Master
Rebecca Bunch

Chance: 3%. Rebecca Bunch is the protagonist of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, a musical dramedy series that aired on the CW Network in the mid-to-late 2010s. It is notable in television history for being one of the lowest-rated shows of all time to continue to get renewed, with it largely being saved due to its continually winning awards for the CW Network, which kind of infamously struggles to get critically-acclaimed content. It has a strong cult following for its approach to mental health, discussions of gender norms, and impressive selection of musical numbers - most of which I cannot link on SmashBoards due to explicit language and/or content.

The show focuses on Rebecca Bunch, a big-city New York lawyer who moves to West Covina, California to chase her Middle School flame for entirely normal reasons that have nothing to do with Josh Chan, her middle school flame. Through the four season run, it explores Rebecca's relationship with her friends, her family, her lovers, the concept of lovers, and herself - all while keeping up a streak of fantastic song-and-dance numbers.

Now, in terms of Multiversus... This is a deep cut in the Warner Bros library - a critically-acclaimed deep cut, but a deep cut nonetheless. It also suffers from the problem of target audience, as this is an very adult/explicit IP that has neither had a child-friendly version like the DC crew has had or the same level of saturation as Game of Thrones, so they may want to avoid bringing it up in a game that appears to be trying to have multi-generational appeal.

It also arguably overlaps two IPs already in the game thematically - Steven Universe is also a critically-acclaimed show that features musical numbers about mental health and the most recent animated Harley Quinn series is also a woman-led show focusing on a woman figuring out her place in the world and unlearning her most self-destructive habits. I don't think either of those renders CXG irrelvant, of course, but the overlap of audiences could be seen as another reason not to pick this relatively-obscure CW series...

Honestly, the main reason to pick this show would be that it is a CW series and that may be an area of Warner's catalogue worth highlighting - and, unless they wanna add real humans from Who's Line Is It Anyway or Penn and Teller's Fool Us, CXG is probably the top choice for an original CW IP.

Additionally, with 4 seasons of musical numbers to full from it would not be difficult to get a series of alternate costumes and a series of choreography moves to build a music-themed moveset out of... The variety is pretty impressive - we have everything from a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers patishe...

to a fascistic regime based on the Spice Girls, ruling over the nation with a well-manicured fist...

to a - and I'm quoting the show directly here - "sexy fashion cactus"...

To be clear, these musical numbers are not always representative of what is literally going on, if that wasn't self-evident.

So, yeah... I don't think this is going to happen, but if the stars align and Warner corporate wants to show off their full catalogue a bit... I do not think it is impossible.

Want: 100%. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is my favourite television show. Yeah, Season One is kind of slow and clunky in comparison to the rest of it, but it is overall an incredibly well-crafted exploration of its themes. It won't be for everyone, but I am a big fan of it. So, yes, I'd enjoy seeing Rebecca in Multiverse! Also, hey, I've been asking for two things since speculation began: I wanted to see an investigation character and a music-based character. As a lawyer from a musical TV series, Rebecca is both at once! It's a dream come true...

Noms: Ellie x 10

KillerCage

Smash Master

Yeah...
I got no idea who this is.
Therefore I am abstaining on giving a chance and want score.

My noms: Neo (Matrix) x5

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
now this...this is more my speed!

|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

chances - 2%
"crazy ex-girlfriend" suffered infamously low ratings throughout its four~season run. even after sweeping all sorts of awards, there'd really be no commercial reason to promote the show years after its finale. the only reason i'd ought to rank it above a 1% is rachel bloom's minor internet celebrity what with how many of her music videos have gone viral.
in terms of gameplay functionality, i'd wager a lot of rebecca's moveset potential would boil down to weaponizing her delusions, which i'd argue undoes a lot of what the show tries to achieve, and would certainly be a hard sell to the warner bros. bigwigs.

|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

want - 90%
that being said...
"crazy ex-girlfriend" is lauded for good reason, its a thoroughly entertaining and thoughtful show about the recovery process and an intelligent if not self-loathing protagonist who is so lost in her own head, she drags everyone into her fantasy for fear of confronting reality. i think rebecca being included in multiversus could work if rebecca's inclusion was in and of itself high~concept, not unlike her source material.

it's a paradox; rebecca is such an intriguing character because of how she overcomes her character flaws, but i fear those character flaws are arguably what's most iconic about the show (what's in a name...) and most movesets are comprised of a character's most iconic elements. you can't include "tongue-in-cheek musical number" rebecca without lampshading her bipolar personality disorder that the show appropriately treats with a lot of weight.
considering that, if references to the multitude of musical numbers were framed as rebecca reclaiming those aspects of herself under a healthier mindset, then i'd love to see it! multiversus could definitely do with some dramady representation, and if they so chose a character such as rebecca, i'm confident the team would approach her kit with the utmost of respect!

noms = x3 peanuts content
x2 alfred e neuman

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well I never watched this show. Seems like I'm not the only one considering A) the number of abstains and B) the fact that it had low ratings. As someone who likes musicals this would probably be my cup of tea but, yeah, it's completely new to me. I will admit, I'm kinda rooting for Rebecca a bit. I like obscure stuff, and the show's accolade of being the lowest-viewed show to get renewed means it stands out in a not-bad way. But, it's probably not gonna happen, for reasons that seem obvious.

Chance: 1%
Want: abstain (I don't feel like it's correct to give a very high score since despite my interest I haven't watched her show but I don't want to tank her even by a bit)

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hey DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 , should we have an "Abstain" counter?
No, I feel that won't really do anything? I mean it's not like I can incorporate abstains into the scores. I get that there have been some low traffic days, but unfortunately that is how it will be sometimes. Unless if we can come up with some ideas, though I've already advertised the thread in multiple avenues that I know of.

Last edited:
Top Bottom