• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I don't know if I have any nominations, but if I do, I'd like to use all of them on a deconfirmation satisfaction day. We take 3 to 5 popular predictions that have been deconfirmed (such as Dillon) and rate how happy we are with them in their current position (assist, stage hazard, etc.)
Anyway:
N:
Chance: 1%
The dude is against violence in the first place. Irony?
Want: 2%
Let me see.. we have about 640 better reps from the Pokémon series then him.
Only Popular Newcomers:
Chance: 20%
Seems doubtful Sakurai won't throw another :gw: esque character in.
Want: 70%
Takes away the surprise, but it would lead to a cool roster.
Predictions:
Chrom assist: 15%
50+ characters: 27.27%

Groose

Smash Champion
I don't know if I have any nominations, but if I do, I'd like to use all of them on a deconfirmation satisfaction day. We take 3 to 5 popular predictions that have been deconfirmed (such as Dillon) and rate how happy we are with them in their current position (assist, stage hazard, etc.)
1) Everyone gets five nominations per day, and you can win five more from predicting.
2) We're going to do that in our E3 Buildup Week. I would refrain from nominating that ;)

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
1) Everyone gets five nominations per day, and you can win five more from predicting.
2) We're going to do that in our E3 Buildup Week. I would refrain from nominating that ;)
Thanks! In that case I'll just hold off nominating for now.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
N

Chance - 0.5% - No transformations harms the small chance he had. The .5% is purely on the fact I don't believe anything first or second party is impossible. He could be his own character but he'd be a really, really weird choice as a fighter. He has an important role in the games he's in but solo fighter is not his thing.

Want - 0% - Pokémon can fight by themselves. If any human entity from Pokémon gets to be playable, then it's a solo Red and even then it would still be weird and unnecessary considering about 700+ Pokémon can fight better than any trainer.

All Popular Newcomers

Chance - If I interpreted this correctly, you're saying every popular character and/or only popular characters will get in from now on? Either way, they both get the same rating - 1%. Ridley looks dead and buried, other popular characters are still very uncertain. Sakurai will have another weird and unpredictable character to reveal as a secret fighter. It's his thing!

Want - 80% - Mostly because there's quite a few popular characters that I personally want but some of them don't tickle my fancy. Plus I'd kind of miss the unorthodox character that nobody predicted but I wouldn't complain.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nomination winners have been revealed, and the list is huge. Let me know if I missed the results for any character; I don't think I did, but if so then I'll get the winner for that character asap.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
N:

Chance: .5%
No.

Want: 0%
No.

Popular characters only:

Chance: 15%
Not likely because Sakurai.

Want: 70%
More of my most wanted are characters that are popular, but I'd be happy with a few oddballs...just...not another Wii Fit Trainer-esque one. Daitoryo plox.

Predictions:
Chrom AT: 22%
50+ Characters: 45%

Nominations: Sheriff x5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Hm...

N: 0.01% No swiching, not very relevent anymore, Mewtwo, not popular, against violence, Red, ect.

Only Popular Newcomers: 5% No. With Wii Fit Trainer, RosaLuma, and Greninja, I think it's safe to say that smash 4 will have a roster focused on uniqueness more than popularity.
Want: 100% I have hated every wtf addition so far.

Chrom Assist Trophy: 7.05%
50 or More Characters: 21.13%

Let's see, I have won noms for Cranky Kong, Chorus Men, and Chromcina. That leaves me with twenty noms. The problem is... I will be gone for a while without very good internet. If I give any noms, I will be risking missing the day I nominated. Instead I will give x5 to Spyro so that I don't have to research, and save my extras for when I get back.

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
N
chance 2% want 10%

With the elimination of the trainer I'd say it will be a Pokémon only roster unless he's strictly Zoroark oh wait he can't be anymore. :awesome:

Popular characters only
chance 1% want 25%

If past inclusions are anything to go by some of them will more than likely be included but all of them?
All of the popular characters?

Clearly Isaac won't be as lucky as the others.:troll:

Chrom assist prediction: 6%
50+ characters prediction: 24%

Nominate Barbara x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In honor of ending off the Direct ratings, here are two songs:
Overall, I am satisfied with the re-rates. I'm glad that our top four isn't our Elite Four and it looks pretty accurate.
These songs might be good for the Music post, @ Toxicroaker Toxicroaker .
N and Only Popular Newcomers have been added to the Directory.

N
Chance:
0%

Character swapping is cut. He has no chance by himself otherwise and I doubt that he will get in before a playable solo Red. Wouldn't him beating the crap out of other characters be uncharacteristic of him?
No thanks. If I wanted a playable trainer, at least give me Red. Or, better yet, give me Blue aka Gary freaking Oak!

"Only Popular Newcomers"
Chance and Want:
Abstain

I dunno how to assess this. This is very, very vague.

Chrom Assist Trophy Prediction: 19.48%
People believe the leak, others don't. I am more interested in the want for this.
50 or More Characters Prediction: 33.11%
The want for this might be high... though I bet the chance scores will be very skeptical.

So I won 15 extra nominations, eh? Well, this should make things much quicker for me!
Nominations: Wario Land Wario 20x
I must mention this again; this is an overhaul concept where Wario would get various moves that he has in the Wario Land games, including Shake It! and World.

D

Deleted member

N

Chance: 0.1%

I agree with anyone with the opinion that transformation characters have little to no chance of appearing. N fighting alone seems very outlandish, even for Smash Bros. standards.

I'd rather not have a transformation character (Final Smashes such as Super Sonic, Werehog Sonic, Giga Bowser, Wario Man, and Ganon aside).

Popular Characters Only

Chance: 0.1%

In a Smash Bros. game? Yeah right.

Want: 50%

A good crossover fighting game roster should have as many popular characters as possible while focusing on bringing some obscure ones into the spotlight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
N (from pokemon)

Chance 0%

Whats the point when transformation mechanic is dead (different story when it comes to a boss hazard with using zekrom or reshiram)
Want 30%
It would be cool)

Popular newcomers

Chance between 100% between 20%

Here are popular ones

Mewtwo he is by far the most request character and im sure he was saved for E3 the greninja trailer was a tease due to sakurai disguising greninja in a way as mewteo

Ridley from all of fans still in hope and me I'm strongly positive that the shadow was the biggest tease to reduce expectation so the hype will be bigger than megaman (maybe even mewtwo)

King k rool the kremlings was a big hint for him boss or playable hype either way

Palutena that palutena tease at the direct thats almost a confession that palutena is playable

Pac-man well believe it or according to people hes not popular but very popular due to if he's confirm this game will make history due to megaman sonic mario and him all playable in 1 game a dream battle for short

And as for the not so popular

We got

Mach rider sakurai could be trying it again because in my own opinion because of villagers up special (his hat) and the stage he could be doing the same for mach rider mabye even playable

Duck hunt dog just so everyone can finally turn that dog to a punching bag after all of these years

Chorus men/rythem heaven character for the sal rumor still possible

And ofcoarse some other WTF character could be in besides these guys

Want 100%
Yoru kidding right everyone wants popular characters

And for nominations

5x mach rider

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
And now:

N's chances and want: 0% - Didn't have a chance to begin with imo, the removal of switching further dooms him. Never cared for the idea.

Only Popular Newcomers: 0% - Yeah ok, it's pretty obvious by now that we're not getting only the most popular newcomers.
Want: 50% - I don't know. Most of my most wanted are pretty popular, but there are other popular characters I don't care for and I like having a few surprises.

Skipping predicting since I won so many nominations.

Let's see, there's several things I'm interested in nominating, so I'll split my nominations between them to help get them all up there, then do them one at a time later. Will start with Marshall as I recall a few people bringing up the possibility that the leak meant him rather than the Chrous Kids, so it'd be interesting to see what people think of him too. Plus I'm slightly surprised we never even rated him.

Marshall (Rhythm Heaven) x5
Sceptile x5
Chibi-Robo x5
Vaati x5
Mach Rider x5

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-N:
Chances: 0%

-Only Popular Newcomers:
Chances: 0%
Want: 100%

-Nominations:
Prince Fluff X5
Medusa X5

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
The popularity chart has been updated.

N
Chance: 0% - I can't think of a single reason for his inclusion. Character swapping is cut and Gen V is old.
Want: 0% - I never liked him very much.

All pops
Chance: 10% - We already have four newcomers who were not popular choices, the odds of us getting another one are very high.
Want: 50% - My reaction would vary.

Chrom assist prediction: 13%
50 char prediction: 27% (although the want rating will be close to 100%)

Nominations: Marshal x15

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
N
Chance: 0%
If they were to make a trainer playable that's not in the background... it would be Red. Or someone from Gen 6. But it will be neither. Not even Red has more than a 1% chance, and he's far more iconic. The loss of Zoroark also brings N down from a 0 to a... 0. But it would have hurt him if he had a chance.
Want: 60%
He's kewl.
But just give me Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, Pokemon doesn't need any more surprises.

All popular
Deconfirmed. I don't know if you count Villager, Rosalina, and Greninja popular, but I know that's not what you consider Wii Fit Trainer. This is done. Chorus Kids also aren't popular, so if you believe the leak, then this is a no.
Ok, I want pretty much our whole Top Ten (new version only)
But... I love unlikely characters. And I usually give unlikely characters a want boost when I'm really just neutral on them. There's a lot of good ones.

Predictions:
Chrom assist: 20%
50+ characters: 45%
So... every veteran except Squirtle and Ivysaur comes back and 7 more newcomers? Uh... yea, my rating will be higher than most's
Let's see... the Sal Leak includes 6 more newcomers? And then we'll have a DK character... and BAM, 50. Seems obvious to me.
Even though i don't believe in Mii, I believe in Ghirahim, Bowser Jr, Isaac, Ridley, Dixie, and K Rool... so maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but this is what I see happening.
And even if you don't believe in Chorus Kids, what about A RETRO. There's no retro in the Sal Leak!
So...
1-37. The 37 veterans
38. Villager
39. Mega Man
40. Wii Fit Trainer
41. Rosalina
42. Little Mac
43. Greninja
44. Palutena
45. Pac-Man or a different 3rd Party character
46. Shulk or Isaac (I know they're not competing, hush)
47. A Fire Emblem character
48. A Retro
49. A DK character
50. Ridley or a Zelda character or another DK character or a Mario character or Mii or Chorus Kids or a Kirby character or MEWTWO

I forgot about Mewtwo at first, if he comes back that's 38 veterans!
It's happening. But there will be disbelievers.

Nominations:
I got Bandana Dee, Robin, and Shulk correct! :o

Mach Rider x1
Jill x1
Barbara the Bat x1
Vaati x1
Medusa x1
Eirika x1
Hilda x1
Ravio x1
Yuga x1
Bomberman x1
SAVVY STYLIST X10

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
N:

Chance: 0%. Transformation/Tag Team characters are disconfirmed. So that means he would have to do the fighting himself...

Want: 0% ...and even his fans wouldn't want that. At least, not much.

Only Popular Newcomers:
Chance: ??? This is very opinionated. On on hand, all newcomers have at least some sort of popularity. At the same time, anyone who is added, regardless of their previous reputation, will develop a fanbase through Smash Bros.

However, I assume this means all the highest voted characters on Smashboards.

In which case, I do find it likely. After all, we have Little Mac, and Palutena and Mewtwo are almost guaranteed to be on the way. Ridley is divisive, and King K Rool is pretty much up in the air as there's no concrete evidence for or against him, but some would say things are looking up for him.

Judging by the Elite Four's chances alone, I'd say we'll get almost all of the characters we've been pushing for.

So, in conclusion.

Only Popular Newcomers:
  • Overall chance: 100%. Confirmed?
  • Smashboards picks chance: 85%.

Want: 85%. On the one hand, I would love more than anything for everyone to be happy. On the other, we all know this is impossible.

@ Groose Groose I know you already clarified what you meant, but I went ahead and did this anyway. :p

And I'd like some choices that are a little more out there. Ghirahim is a good example; I'm not talking crazy twist WTF characters like Wii Fit Trainer (or Chorus Men). I am more concerned about having a quality, diverse roster than having everyone's favorite's overall, but having them all pretty much guarantees that, anyway.

-------

Chrom Assist Trophy Chance: 3.45%.
Fifty or more characters Chance: 15%.

Nominations: Mach Rider x10. Third Party Assist Trophy x10.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
N Likelihood: 0.1%
Want: 35%

Only Popular Newcomers Likelihood: 0%
Want: 20%

Chrom Assist: 3.45%
50 Chararacters: 38.5%

Mario Kart 8 stage x15

andimidna

Smash Master
Does everyone, or just me?
A select few that made it into the 20 noms club. Yea, it's a big deal. :colorful:
Extra nominations for May 2

Nomination winners per character:

Bandana Dee: andimidna
Andy: Hippopotasauce
Kamek: Cheezey Bites
Palutena: Bauske / Erimir / Glaciacott / The Light Music Club
Ridley: lonekonwolf
King K. Rool: colder_than_ice / TheZombiePig / Erimir / cephalopod17
Dixie Kong: Sid-cada
Cranky Kong: Toxicroaker
Shulk: andimidna / Erimir / LumaOkami / BigAxle / cephalopod17 / Dausername
Mewtwo: colder_than_ice
Pac-man: Hippopotasauce
Mii: cephalopod17
Takamaru: Cheezey Bites
Lip: BKupa666
Chrom: Brawler610
Robin: andimidna / Oblivion129
Isaac: Glaciacott
Ray: Smasher 101
Tingle: Spiderjerusalem
Ghirahim: KenithTheGatherer
Tetra: Chandelure
Toon Zelda: Pega-pony Princess
Impa: Scatmansworld25
Black Shadow: Yoshiandtoad
Chrous Kids: Toxicroaker
Lucina: Smasher 101
Roy: KenithTheGatherer / Yoshiandtoad
Chrom & Lucina: Toxicroaker
Squirtle: Brawler610
Ivysaur: Brawler610
Bowser Jr.: Smasher 101
Jigglypuff: Smasher 101
Ike: Karafuru
Snake: lonekonwolf
Lucas: Leafeon523
Wolf: KenithTheGatherer

Total extra nominations per user:

andimidna: 15
Hippopotasauce: 10
Cheezey Bites: 10
Bauske: 5
Erimir: 15
Glaciacott: 10
The Light Music Club: 5
lonekonwolf: 10
colder_than_ice: 10
TheZombiePig: 5
cephalopod17: 15
Sid-cada: 5
Toxicroaker: 15
LumaOkami: 5
BigAxle: 5
Dausername: 5
BKupa666: 5
Brawler610: 15
Oblivion129: 5
Smasher 101: 20
Spiderjerusalem: 5
KenithTheGatherer: 15
Chandelure: 5
Pega-pony Princess: 5
Scatmansworld25: 5
Yoshiandtoad: 10
Karafuru: 5
Leafeon523: 5
You got extra nominations from Ghirahim, Roy, and Wolf!

Third Party Assist Trophy x10.
Is that the chance of any third part assist trophies at all?
Or just new ones we haven't seen yet?
Just wanted to make sure your remembering:

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
N: 0.1%
Thanks to hid gimmik of using wild pokémon he's actually not effected.much by the big monster hunt of the direct... But he wasn't exactly likely anyway... Possible, but only just.

If I want a summoner character, it should be Andy!

Still don't trust my understanding for the other one, so I abstain!

Chrom AT: 23.4%
The majority of his non-playable chance.

50+ club: 21.9%
It's really not all that many when you think Vets...

Now, I could nom Slime, but he'd be better closer to E3... So, since him and Spyro are both top of the list right now I'll pump up the other third party I thin is worth rating.

Ryu Hayabusa*15

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
N: 0%
Transformation characters are out of the running. Zoroark's been disconfirmed too.

Want: 5%
Eh.
Long live the (Plasma) King. The king is dead. /jk.

Only popular newcomers: 0%
Going by the want/chance ratings here, it is nigh impossible that we will get all of our wanted character. There are bound to be a few dreams which will crushed, unfortunately.

Simply because it will make the majority of us happy.

By the way, I had a really busy day today, and *stretches arms and yawns* I'm tired. The chance and want charts will be up sometime later, not now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here are the updated chance and want charts.

TOP 10 OF CHANCE

TOP 10 OF WANT

The direct shook up both charts quite a lot as we can see.

- Pac-Man and Isaac made rather big leaps and are a part of both charts for the first time. So is Takamaru as well.
- Ridley took a tumble, as expected, but managed to cling on as Little Mac isn't a part of the Chance chart.
- Bandana Dee isn't a part of either chart. That was rough.
- Dixie Kong has been overtaken by many other characters in the want category, and has fallen off the want chart.
- Chrom's chances took a notable leap.

D

Deleted member

N: 0%

With transformation characters not returning, he would have to use his bare hands on the fighters...I don't really see him having much of a chance. anymore, I think he is as good as gone.

N-O

Popular newcomers: 5%

I don't think its possible that we're going to get all our wanted characters & I think we're setting ourselves up for disappointment when they don't become playable despite all the evidence presented that gives them a point in their favor. We'll probably get maybe 1 or 2 but I don't think we're going to get more than 3.

Also with characters like Wii Fit Trainer & Greninja added (Maybe even Chrous Kids even though I don't buy the leak), I see this becoming less likely.

Meh.

Last edited by a moderator:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
N
I don't usually give 0% to Nintendo characters, because as long as they are Nintendo, they have a shot. BUT! N isn't going to fight alone, Transformations deconfirmed, he's a 'pacifist', he's Gen 5 and a human character representing Pokemon without using Pokemon(who are, let's be honest, the main attraction OF Pokemon) means N getting in seems incredibly unlikely.

I also don't want the annoying social justice warrior chump. I didn't even like him that much in Pokemon Black and White. He might of been one of the few developed characters in the series, but that doesn't translate well into a game about kicking the teeth out of your enemy...especially when he's a so called 'pacifist'.

Only Popular Newcomers
Not happening. We're going to fail at getting one of these at very least; Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, Shulk, Takamaru or Robin. That's not taking into account the incredibly unlikely wants of Banjo-Kazooie or Bomberman either. I'm excluding them since they're impossible desires(especially Banjo). I dare say we'll get Palutena and Pac-Man, but those are the only two I'm completely convinced on.

If that Sal leak is to believed we're getting Chorus Men too. I don't really put a lot of stock in any leak, but I can see Sakurai giving us another character we didn't see coming, because he's done it at least three times already with Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina and Greninja, and arguably a fourth with Villager(whom people presumed unlikely due to Sakurai's own words). It doesn't have to be the Chorus Men, but I honestly see us getting at least one more newcomer very few people saw coming/wanted.

Smashboards wants=/=my wants essentially.

I care little for Palutena, Shulk and K. Rool and I downright hate the idea of Takamaru. I only want Ridley for the fans who have waited so long too and have no personal stake in his fate at all.

Isaac, Robin and Pac-Man are the only ones I can genuinely say I want from our list(again not counting the two unliklies of Bomberman and Banjo whom I adore) but Isaac is kind of up in the air, and I sadly can't see Robin getting in over Chrom. That gives me Pac-Man as the only one I have any faith in, and that's mostly due to circumstances. If we count Dixie as a popular newcomer, you can throw her in with Isaac too.

If we get all of them, I'll be satisfied albeit surprised there was no other oddball.

Predictions:
Chrom Assist Trophy: 10%
Most are expecting him to be the FE character of choice. If by some miracle he's not, he's going to be an AT.

50 characters: 33%
Current character count: 29.
+:falcon::ness2::jigglypuff::falco::gw::popo::ganondorf::wario::ike::metaknight::rob::wolf::lucas:= 42

Working on the presumption that we don't get Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur as standalones we'd have another 8 newcomers(or returning veterans) yet to come...unless I missed anyone.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
N chance and want:0%

All Popular Newcomers:0%-Sorry, it's not happening. We're getting another curveball character, whether we like it or not.
Want:100%-at this point, I already have enough characters on the unexpected side to satisfy me and the most likely "unpopular" newcomer would be Chorus Men, who I am not interested in. The rest of the unrevealed newcomer choices being popular/expected can only benefit me, considering that Isaac is one of my most wanted characters.

Had I been around here pre-E3 2013 and we did something like this, my want would be 0% because only having popular/expected characters would have been soooooo boring. But now after we already have had our curveball characters? Ironically enough, the characters that would have been the most hype to me at this point would be the popular/expected characters (expect for Miis), especially considering the one unlikely character I wanted has been disconfirmed, whereas someone like the Chorus Men would be the least hype for me.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
N is possible guys, his gimmick in the games is that he uses pokémon found in the wild nearby, more like a Ranger, and like a Ranger He'd be able to summon aPokémon for hid attacks...

The issue this lends is, why use N and not a pokémon Ranger? But I'm not arguing he's likely, just that he's possible, becauae not about switching Pokémon!

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
N Chance AND Want: 0%. LOL.
No items, Popular newcomers only! Chances: 0%. Already deconfirmed at E3 2013.
Want: -100%. Palutena and Banjo make me throw up.
Mewtwo X5

DeOnde

Smash Cadet
N - Chance: 3% (That's like 10000% more than most people are rating him lol)

N IS Very Unlikely, but the word "impossible" does not apply. Of course, his biggest impact was in fifth generation games where he played a major role, but he can still fit the Smash Bros. style just fine (well, they did add some much more nonsense characters in the past)

Want: 35%

To me, the pokémon roster is complete. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Greninja, Lucario and Mewtwo; so there is no need for an extra rep for the series in this installment of SSB. BUT, N is a character i would find extremely interesting if i saw him in the roster. As stated before he could work with a variety of moves, and his "special connection" with pokémon would allow him to use the "summon" wild pokémon for his specials, recovery moves and smash attacks for example (man, now that i think about it, it would be awesome o.O). AAAAND, THE ZEKROM + RESHIRAM BLACK AND WHITE FINAL SMASH!. you can't say no to that.

"All popular newcomers": Chance: 25%

It's Sakurai we're talking about, we know there is still at least one more unexpected newcomer joining this time.

Want: 80%

As much as i like a diverse roster with some out-of-the-box characters, i would love to see some of our all-stars making it in ;D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Predictions:

Chrom Assist Trophy: 10%

Still think Lynn will be the only FE assist trophy, which is sad because The Sword of Flame was the first fire emblem game i played, so i do have a connection with the character.

Over 50 Characters: 38%

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
N - 0%
No transform characters means no trainers. I suppose it's possible to come up with a single, trainer-specific moveset, but if that were to be the case, why do it for N instead of Trainer himself? Just no good reason to believe this would happen.
Want - 0% - Would be a terrible decision for a Pokemon newcomer.

Only "Popular" Newcomers For Remainder of Reveals - 0%
Virtually impossible. Just consider our current six newcomers: two were reasonably predictable (Villager and Little Mac), one was somewhat predictable but third party (Mega Man), and three were pretty well unpredictable (Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Greninja). Even if you honestly think Mega Man was a given (and I'm not sure how you could knowing recent Capcom), that's 50% newcomers so far that, while quite possibly all great Smash candidates, simply weren't popular community choices. Given that, it's very difficult to believe that there won't be at least one more surprise down the line, such as the completely random Chorus Men predicted in the most recent popular "leak".
Want - 50% - We've got a decent number of oddballs already, but some of the coolest Smash characters are ones that would be hard to predict (R.O.B. and Snake come to mind), so I can't say I'm opposed to getting even more. Meh?

Predictions and Nominations
...y'know what, I'm just gonna let it ride. None of these from me any time soon.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Plasma King N
Chance: 1%
Want: 1%

Only Popular Newcomers
Chance: 20%, low because Sakurai
Want: 25%, Unless Paper Mario, Sceptile, and Rayman are considered "popular," then I'd prefer unique additions and a surprise here and there; and I really do enjoy seeing the reactions from online forums to characters like :4wiifit: and :rob:

Nominations:
Lanky Kong x5

Predictions:

Chrom Assist Trophy: 9.4%
>50 Roster: 57%

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Cane we nominate the same character two days in a row? If so, then is there anything stopping me from nominating Lanky Kong every day until he's rated?

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Cane we nominate the same character two days in a row? If so, then is there anything stopping me from nominating Lanky Kong every day until he's rated?
That's pretty much par for the course in this thread, so feel free.

As for Bandana Dee, suffice to say he's a contentious topic and that hasn't helped his want rating.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Here are the updated chance and want charts.

TOP 10 OF CHANCE

TOP 10 OF WANT

The direct shook up both charts quite a lot as we can see.

- Pac-Man and Isaac made rather big leaps and are a part of both charts for the first time. So is Takamaru as well.
- Ridley took a tumble, as expected, but managed to cling on as Little Mac isn't a part of the Chance chart.
- Bandana Dee isn't a part of either chart. That was rough.
- Dixie Kong has been overtaken by many other characters in the want category, and has fallen off the want chart.
- Chrom's chances took a notable leap.
I'm glad Pac-Man is where he finally belongs. Right behind Palutena.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
N

Chance - 0% - Well, he had such lucky timing. Too bad that not only did we receive a newcomer from his series, but also the removal of all transforming characters. I'm not certain what legs he has to stand on any more.

Want - 0% - I'd rather not see a trainer anymore if it means he has to fight without Pokémon.

No unexpected characters

Chance - 20% - Possible, but unlikely. There's still a possibility of another unexpected character popping up, and I say the surprise would've been held out until closer to release.

Want - 50% - Surprises are nice and all, but it all comes down to who gets picked and who gets left out.

Well, I got Dixie. Cool!

Nominations

Kid Icarus Smash Taunts X10 (Seriously, why haven't we rated this yet?)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
N:
I've always found N to be useless in the games. At least he has some story I guess. No swapping kills his chances.

Only Popular Newcomers:
Chance: 5%
Want: 10%
I like some of the popular ones, but I have much different tastes.

Predictions:
Chrom Assist: 12.5%
>50 Characters: 14.5%

Nominations:
Paper Mario x5

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
N:
I

Only Popular Newcomers:
Chance: 20%: Its Sakurai there will be more oddball choices.
Want: 10% I like some odsballs because its always fun to know someone you never hered of.

Nominations
Kid Icarus Smash Taunts X10

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
N
Chance:0%
With transformations gone, N isn't going to be joining the battle anytime soon.

Want:5%
I don't really care too much for him.

Only Popular Characters
Chance: 10%
Come on guys, this is Sakurai we're talking about. There's always going to be oddball choices here and there

Want:20%
Unless Vaati counts as a popular character, than my want goes down for it quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom