• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
N:

Chance: 0.5%

Switching is gone, Zoroark is an assist, and assuming 5 reps per series, Jiggs or Mewtwo would be infinitely better.

Want: 0%

See my 3rd point above.

Popular Newcomers:

Chances: 75%

While Sakurai is a troll, he will put in definitely at least 1 popular one because he does care. That's my thought anyway.

Want: 100%

#Isaac4smash. But seriously, there are just some characters who I would love to play as.

Predictions: Not very good at predicting but...

Chrom assist: 10%
50+ characters: 10%

Om-Nominations:

5X for Prince Fluff

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
No:
Chance: 0% If we get a Pokemon trainer, it's going to be Red or a Ranger, not him
Want: 0% We've moved past his generation, get over him!

The rest of the newcomers are popular:
Chance: 5% This is Sakurai we're talking about. We've done a great chance predicting him so far. :rolleyes:
Want: 0% I like surprises. Also, Chibi-Robo isn't exactly popular, and I would hate if he didn't get in.

Predictions:
Chrom is an Assist Trophy: 12.7%
50+ Characters: 31.2%

Nominations:
Chibi-Robo x5: He needs a re-rate because of the localization of Photo-Finder.

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
N Chance: 0%
N Want: 0%

I don't really see how N could fit in to Smash, really. I love Black & White, and I love his character, but he doesn't really... fit in. As many others have said, Red is much more iconic than N, so I don't really think N has a spot in Smash.

Only Popular Newcomers Chance: 10%
Only Popular Newcomers Want: 1%

I'm fairly certain that Sakurai has some weird, unexpected character still up his sleeves that none of us have predicted, but will make sense afterwards, kinda like Greninja. That being said, it would be boring to me if only mainstream characters got in. Part of the reason Smash appeals to me is that it introduces me to new series. Smash introduced me to games I now love like Fire Emblem and F-Zero, and now GX is one of my favorite games of all time. So really, only popular newcomers would be a really dumb choice.

Predictions:
Chrom AT: 17.4%
50+ Characters: 36.2%

Nominations: Crono x5

andimidna

Smash Master
Here are the updated chance and want charts.

TOP 10 OF CHANCE

TOP 10 OF WANT

The direct shook up both charts quite a lot as we can see.

- Pac-Man and Isaac made rather big leaps and are a part of both charts for the first time. So is Takamaru as well.
- Ridley took a tumble, as expected, but managed to cling on as Little Mac isn't a part of the Chance chart.
- Bandana Dee isn't a part of either chart. That was rough.
- Dixie Kong has been overtaken by many other characters in the want category, and has fallen off the want chart.
- Chrom's chances took a notable leap.
Hey... y'know what might be fun?...
If you added the next most wanted character to the want chart so the charts have the same size boxes...
Oh, looks like that just happens to be Lip!
heh...heh...
Totally not requesting this just because I want Lip on a chart... :p

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
N Chance: 0.1%
Switching is gone, and I doubt Sakurai would add a standalone Pokémon Trainer (especially N) over Mewtwo.

N Want: 1%
Could be decent, but he shouldn't get in over Mewtwo.

Only Popular Characters Chance: 50%
I don't know how to put my thoughts into words for this on, plus I'm lazy, so eh.

OPC Want: 75%
Eh.

Chrom AT Prediction: 7.5%
He is one of the most likely newcomers. Unless Robin or something manages to get in over him, I'm saying no to Chrom AT.

50+ Characters Prediction: 60%
Brawl had 39 playable characters. Having 14 more (55 in total) isn't that unrealistic.

Nomination: x5 Fawful

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
N chance and want: 0%
OOOHHH, THAT N! When I saw "Plasma King" I thought it'd be some weird Metroid monster I'd never heard of from the Prime series. But hey, even knowing who he is, my prediction was still pretty on spot.
Pretty much, if there's no Red, no other pokemon trainer deserves to even touch this game. Well, maybe Blue or Giovanni as a boss, but even then that's pretty weird to imagine. Also, his one other possible gimmick would be Zoroark, and Zoroark is now a pokeball (THANK HEAVENS, that will be one SWEET pokeball pokemon to summon)

Popular newcomer stuff
Chance - abstain
I still have no clue what this means. (at least not well enough to predict)

Want - 50%
While I respect that all of the characters we deem popular are good choices, only those characters getting in would mean no Rhythm Heaven rep. That alone means I'm not ok THAT ok with the idea. So far I'm pleased with what Sakurai has done with the roster, so I'll trust him to make some choices out of left field.

Predictions:
Chrom AT - 6.3%
I think the belief now is that Chrom will be a fighter and nothing less.
+50 characters - 54%
Considering how many we have now and how many veterans + expected newcomers are still missing + Sheik and ZSS take up their own slot now ... I think it could happen.

Nominations:
x15 Sceptile

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Thanks Groose for letting us rate this!

All Popular Newcomers Chance: 0.5% This is never going to happen, with the Chorus Men bound to be revealed soon, this automatically gets a 0.5% from me, there is bound to be some more surprises Sakurai has from his pockets that we don't know of.

All Popular Newcomers Want: 0% I love surprises, I'll take anything that Smashboards doesn't commonly consider a viable candidates, surprise newcomers like these make the game feel fresh!

Nominations:
x5 Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club)

Morbi

Scavenger
All Popular Newcomers Chance: 0.1%
All Popular Newcomers Want: 50%

What would be the point in speculating if the chances of getting "all popular newcomers" was definite?

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
N - 0% With transformation characters gone, if we get a solo Pokemon Trainer who fights on his own, it will be Red.
Want - 0%

All Popular Newcomers - if we're talking about who is left beyond the current confirmed fighters, I'd say it's 60% that all remaining characters will be in our top 20 most likely.
Want - 100% Some awesome unexpected characters have been revealed, but now I'm in the mood for some fan favorites.

nominate "X" protagonist x3 and Flynn x2

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Plasma King N

Another Pokemon Trainer? I doubt it.

N chances: 0.01%

N want: 0%

All Popular Newcomers

There's a little bit more thought needed here. I think this should be called "only popular newcomers" based on the description. The ones that are wanted and we've discussed extensively.

So the thing is that the series most likely to surprise us was Pokemon. And it's possible there's another surprise in store for us still, but I doubt we're getting another newcomer Pokemon. It's probably Jigglypuff, Mewtwo or both. But there's a chance there.

Fire Emblem is another series with a possible surprise... but I really doubt it's anyone other than Chrom, Robin, Lucina or Roy.

As for other series... we've discussed the main possibilities... New series could still hold a surprise though. While I consider Isaac unlikely, he's popular. Shulk, Pac-Man and Takamaru are popular and highly discussed.

Some of the possible surprises on that count are Rhythm Heaven, Advance Wars, Chibi-Robo, Custom Robo, Fossil Fighters, Pilotwings, Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, or some of the retros like Sheriff, Duck Hunt Dog, etc.

I doubt we'll get caught with our pants down like we did with Greninja though with someone we've never talked about specifically.

But the chances that we'll get at least one of those less popular/less expected new series is pretty decent, there are a lot of options. The chances we'll get a newcomer for an existing series that we're not expecting is pretty low though, since Greninja is already there, and Pokemon was always going to be the hardest to predict.

Only popular newcomers chances: 15%
I think there's a high chance we still have some surprises in store, but I don't think Sakurai is as unpredictable as some think.
Want: 70%
I accept that some of my ideas are not going to happen, but there are definitely some surprises that I'd be pleased by. At the same time, most of the ones that I'm not personally a fan of are characters I'd actively prefer not to see. Balancing that, there are more I'd rather not see.

Predictions:
Chrom AT - 5%
This would be seen as an insult, so I doubt Sakurai would do it. Lyn is an AT, but she was also quite old news when it happened.
50+ character roster - 10%
I really don't know what people are thinking about this. I personally think we're most likely to get a number in the mid to high 40s, but low 50s is still quite plausible. We definitely have a bunch of characters unrevealed unless Sakurai absolutely butchered the Brawl cast, and it's highly doubtful that we've seen the full newcomer roster. We've gotta have at least 2 or 3 newcomers being held back. But even if there are no more cuts, we'd need there to be 7 more newcomers (or Mewtwo/Roy). That seems quite optimistic to me.

Nominations
So I have 15 extra.
Bowser Land x10 (I assume that means a Bowser-themed stage?)
Medusa Rerate x5
Hades Rerate x5

As Palutena's chances have risen, their chances should have fallen. So I think they're quite overrated now.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Nominations:
x15 Sceptile
Oh yeah I actually was planning on nominating this but I completely forgot about it. I'll remove my five nominations for Jill and give them to Sceptile.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
N:
Chance: 0% - No Pokemon Trainer at all means no N either.
Want: 0% - Never wanted him. EVER.

Popular Characters:
Chance: 0% - Villager, Greninja, Rosalina and Wii Fit Trainer Broke this already.
Want: 0% - Most of my most beloved supports aren't very popular.

Chrom AT: 3.4% - Fighter or trophy only. No assist.
50+ Characters: ABSTAIN - I could go either way with this really, so I'm not gonna say because I'm not sure.

Nominations:
Chibi-Robo x3
Tails x2

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
N - 0%
character swapping cut, his prize zoroark deconfirmed, the smash pokemon pattern (basically what happened in brawl, hoenn got passed and sinnoh got a newcomer) and if that not all the most popular and known pokemon trainer, red got cut, he's not happening.
want - 0%
no
Popular characters only (apparently from this point on) - 0%
even if Rosalina, WFT, and greninja don't count, there is going to be that one character in there till the game is released and people unlike that character, that no one's going to see coming, mainly because :ness64: it happened so far ::gawmelee:: in every game to date ::rob::
why won't it happen now?
want - 40%
I am not like most other smashers, most of the popular characters I really couldn't care for and would only want for others or just don't like them, there are some though, along with that some of the unexpected characters are actually pretty cool.
Chrom AT - 9.71%
I do think we'll get another assist from fire emblem though I think chrom won't end up like one
50+ character roster - 57.38%
not out of range and is pretty probable though I have no idea how it'll end up, guess we'll have to wait and see

going to save my 10+5 for today's nominations for a later date

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I HEARD NOMINATIONS!

N: Chance and Want is 0%.
Human fighters aren't likely for a game focusing on creatures, and especially not a character who isn't a main character or persona. BTW, Character Swap Cut.

If we get a human trainer, I'd want Whitney.

Popular Characters:
Chances: 20%- Meh.
Want: 00%- Bandana Waddle Dee isn't too popular with requests.

PREDICTIONS:
Google Chrome AT: 1%- He's Fighter or Trophy.
50+ Roosters: 60%- Very possible.

NOMINATIONS:
Rebellious Treecko at LV. 36 X10 (Sceptile) :awesome:

Last edited:

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
N:
-Chance and Want: 0%
In a series such as Pokemon, I don't think N has any chance of getting in. He would be really out of my place for me.

Popular Characters Only:
-Chance: 15%
It is slim, but there are a lot of character possibilities and curveballs that could come.
-Want: 0%
Where is the fun in that?

Predictions:
Chrom AT - 5%
50+ Roster - 55%

Nominations:
10x Sceptile

Last edited:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
N Chance: 0.1% Unless Sakurai really sees the potential of the guy being a fist fighter, which I highly doubt he does, this guy is ****ed. Even if that whole "no character transformations" thing wasn't a factor, his lack of relevance and/or incentive to use him over any other form of pokemon trainer gives him next to no chances. And with the whole no character transformation thing... Welp. I mean, sure N could be restricted to one pokemon... but the most obvious choice (Zoroark) has basically been deconfirmed. And when the most sensible choice after that are the 2 version exclusive LEGENDARIES? Yeah... I mean, it would be hilariously awesome to play as Klinglang or Vanniluxe in smash but... why the **** would that happen? I'm pretty sure I'd be like the only person who would actually enjoy that.
Want: 40% N was a cool character in the game he was from. It would be awesome to play as some of the pokemon he has used in battles (One of them being Omastar :awesome: ) but yeah... Since the things that would make me want him are basically deconfirmed...

Only Popular Characters
Chances: 45% Well, Sakurai has to run out of curveballs eventually, I just don't think we've reached that point yet.
Want: 45% I'd lose out on stuff like Bandanna Dee and Robin, but under the condition that Ridley is one of them, I wouldn't care too much.

Prediction
Chrom AT: 7.5% I think there's a few people that might overstate how likely that is. But I kind of have a feeling that if Sakurai doesn't add Chrom as a character, I don't think he'll see much potential in him as an assist trophy. Why not something like Anna, Tharja, Tiki, etc?
50+ Roster: 28.4% There are going to be people that will give it like 5%, there will be people that will overstate its chances. So whatever.

Nomz: x5 Sceptile because why the **** not?

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Cane we nominate the same character two days in a row? If so, then is there anything stopping me from nominating Lanky Kong every day until he's rated?
Of course; that's usually how you get it done! Just nominate the same character for two weeks or so and you'll get him to the top; if you can win other people to your cause you can get it done faster than that. Oh, and I'd recommend just using the editing feature instead of double posting.

If you added the next most wanted character to the want chart so the charts have the same size boxes...
heh...heh...
That would be cheating. It clearly says "Top Ten" and Lip is number eleven. :p
Thanks Groose for letting us rate this!
I apologize that it took so long to go through with it. I hate delaying a day, especially for as long a period as I did this time. I would never discount it entirely.
There's a little bit more thought needed here. I think this should be called "only popular newcomers" based on the description. The ones that are wanted and we've discussed extensively.
It was proposed and nominated as "All Popular Newcomers," but I've been referring to it as "Only Popular Newcomers" all day. I do think it's a better description.

Plasma King N: .01%
I never really thought he had much of a chance, and I still hold that belief. N never seemed like a character who lent himself well to Smash Bros., and I don't know why he would be chosen over any of the series' many popular beasts.

Plasma King N Want: 0%
No thanks. Interesting character, but I was never overly attached. Seeing him in would definitely mean the end for either Jiggs or Mewtwo, and that would be horrible.

Only Popular Characters: 20%

Sakurai always likes to surprise us. The only reason this is so high is that we're running out of newcomers to reveal, and some of them are almost definitely popular characters (Palutena, Pac-Man).

Only Popular Characters Want: 75%

I love surprises, but I've had my share of them for this game. I think it's time that they show some more fan acknowledgement now.

Sceptile x5
Man do I have a gif for this day planned.

Day Over

...tallying nominations... yay!...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
heh...heh...
I suggest waiting for Palutena to be confirmed.

Groose

Smash Champion
Plasma King N
0.24% chance
5.92% want

It's official, kids--we're back to the grind! After seeing plenty of generous scores the last couple of weeks, it's just a bit odd to see such low ones. To be honest, it kind of makes me feel sorry for N... after all, he did have a rough past.

Only Popular Newcomers

16.33% chance
52.13% want

Take these ratings with a grain of salt--few were really knowledgeable about what the concept even meant. I excluded a few scores where the posters were blatantly rating something else, but I still wouldn't set much store in these results. I would ask that concepts be a bit simpler in the future.

Today we're going to have double concepts; they are, however, relatively simple. We've rated how likely it is that Chrom is playable, but just how likely is it that he'll end up as an AT? Additionally, roster size is pretty much the question; will it equal or exceed fifty characters? Please rate a Chrom AT and a 50+ Character Roster in chance and want. Tomorrow we'll be getting back to playable characters; we'll be discussing both Sceptile and Mach Rider. Please predict how these two will do.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Google Chrome AT
Chances: 00.1%
The main character of the most popular, best selling, most relevant Fire Emblem game that already has a trophy and a stage. I don't see any reason he'd get an AT treatment over someone else far better suited to the role like Lucina.
Want: 00.00%- While disliking him, I find it unjustified and out of place to have him as an AT, no matter his similarity to other FE lords.

50+ Flavours of Ice Cream!
Chances: 40%- Following the basic trends, I find it likely we'll get around 48-50 for Smash 4.
Leaning towards that first number.
Want: 100%- THE MORE THE MERRIER!

PREDICTIONS:
Rebellious Treecko by Smash 6- 15%
343 m/s in Air- 8%

NOMINATIONS:
Chibi-Robo X5

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Chrom AT
Chance 10 % - He's the protagonist of the best selling FE game so he has pretty big chances to make it.
Want 0% - I'm indifferent towards him.

-50+ character roster
Chance 80 % - a 50 character roster would represent an 11 character increase from Brawl. I think (this number at least) is not a wild prediction given that we know 6 newcomers already. We'd get maybe 52 tops and that's pushing it.
Want 100 % - the more the merrier.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Well, that's the first time I nominate a character and it gets rated the next day. Now my life feels somewhat empty and weird ... I'll decide who to nominate later

Chromat
Chances - 1%
I really really really don't see this happening. I feel like even if, by some godly miracle, Robin made it, then it'd be even more likely for Chrom to appear over a cut Ike. Or, if Chrom didn't make it, I imagine him just appearing in the Arena Ferox stage fighting "Marth." For some reason I think that fate would work better for him than AT.

Want - 0%
nope

50+
Chances - 40%
It's more likely, imo, that the roster will be short due to balancing, but it's just as likely Sakurai will try to go all out to keep fans happy. And between adding the most wanted characters, and keeping veterans, that roster builds up quickly.

Want - 100%
Who doesn't want this???

Predictions:
Sceptile - 11%
the "too many pokemon", "no cuts" and "mewtwo or bust" crowds will unite to fight this one.
Mach Rider - 6%
We already have the best thing from Mach Rider - the music.

Nominations:
x10 Marshal

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
The popularity chart has been updated.

Chrom Assist Trophy
Chance: 10% - I think he's more than likely playable. If not, this could happen.
Want: 0% - He's near the top of my list for most wanted newcomers so of course I'd be disappointed.

50+ Characters
Chance: 4% - I'm sadly going to say no. Even if by some miracle we get all 37 non-trainer Pokemon veterans back we will still need at least seven more newcomers to reach this goal. Sakurai did say that there would be less newcomers this time than there were in previous instalments, and that he was content with Brawl's roster size as it is. I'm expecting about 44-47 characters.
Want: 100% - Obviously this gets a perfect score. :)

Mr. I-can-climb-the-nominations-chart-in-one-day Sceptile prediction: 12%
Mach Rider prediction: 18%

Nominations: Marshal x5

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@ Groose Groose Wario Land Wario actually has 30 nominations. It actually had 10 nominations prior.
Bomberman x1
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T NOMINATE BOMBERMAN! ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL UPSET, AGAIN? :( He doesn't need to be re-rated as well!

Chrom Assist Trophy and 50+ Character Roster have been added to the Directory.
I recommend that if you participated in the Top 10 RTC AT day, you check check to see what you said on that day!

Chrom Assist Trophy
Chance:
15%

Chrom is by far one of the most wanted characters for Smash. He hails from the game that saved his franchise from certain doom and obscurity and he is one of the main heroes from that game.
I rated this at 25% before... but I lowered it mainly because we already have Lyn as our Fire Emblem Assist Trophy. She too wields a sword, albeit different from Chrom's. I just fail to see what Chrom could do as an Assist Trophy; I can imagine a character like Robin or Tharja or whatever be an Assist Trophy as they can offer an attack that would heavily differentiate from other Assist Trophies.
I still think that there is room for possibility of it happening. If he isn't playable, he is at least going to be an Assist Trophy.
Want: 0%
I don't like Chrom mainly because he is generic to me. Regardless, I don't want this fate to happen to him for the sake of his supporters.

50+ Character Roster
Chance:
50%

I am one of the few optimists that thinks that we will get between 47-50 characters. Seeing how big the roster is already, I see us get a ton of more characters. I see room for cuts, but a lot of newcomers. We have unconfirmed veterans like Wario and Meta Knight and have newcomer options like Shulk and Pac-Man. Surely, there is a ton of room for characters. Seeing as how Sakurai mentioned that most of the Assist Trophies on the Wii U version will be on the 3DS version, I think that he is putting priority on the characters so that he can get as many as he can on both versions.
I will put this at 50% because I can see this go either way. We might not go beyond 50 characters, but we might get pretty damn close.
I want as many characters in as possible with some cuts.

Sceptile Prediction: 9.11%
If Ivysaur got higher scores than Squirtle just because it's a grass type (?!?), then I see kindness come Sceptile's way.
Mach Rider Prediction: 7.59%
He's a bit overrated. I think that his scores will get dropped down.

Nominations: Wario Land Wario 5x

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Chrom assist trophy - 0.01%
want - 0%
Google Chrome AT
Chances: 00.1%
The main character of the most popular, best selling, most relevant Fire Emblem game that already has a trophy and a stage. I don't see any reason he'd get an AT treatment over someone else far better suited to the role like Lucina.
Want: 00.00%- While disliking him, I find it unjustified and out of place to have him as an AT, no matter his similarity to other FE lords.
stealing this
50+ characters - 40%
my thoughts on the roster will be anywhere from 45-50. i'm leaning towards the first number more but it could go anywhere here
want - 100%
Want - 100%
Who doesn't want this???
stealing this
wolf the thief strikes twice

sceptile - 9.81%
all grass starters are going to get some kindness
mach rider - 5.86%
may the heavy chance drop fall upon him

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The extra nominations post has been updated. I will keep a list of everyone who has not used their nominations so they know they have them if they ever read the post.

Chrom AT: 5% - Yeah even if he's not playable I don't see him being an assist.
Want: 5% - I personally think being an assist is better than a mere trophy/nothing at all, but I'd still much rather him be playable.

50+ characters chances: 30% - Possible, but not probable. I could see it being close (around 45-50), but not quite 50.
Want: 100% - I would actually find that much more than 50 to be a bit much...but 50 itself would be a very nice number.

Two of the characters I wanted to rate are up already? Neat!

Sceptile: 10.39% - Is probably the most likely pick for a grass type. Question is, will there even be one?
Mach Rider prediction: 9.12% - He's going to drop.

Marshall x5

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Dat Chrom Assist:
Chance: 1% - Fighter or Trophy, mang.
Want: 0% - Fighter pls. AFTER my other most wanted

50+ Character Roster:
Chance: 50% - It's either over 50 or it isnt. Simple math.
Want: Sure. 100%

Scooptile (AKA Crappy Random Pokman): 12.37% - Some people like him.
Mach Rider (WOOT): 10.00% - Depends on the communtiy's liking, but he's cool. I definitely wouldn;t say no.

Nominations, *****:
Chibi Robo x3
Tails x2

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
Chrom Assist Trophy:
Want: 50% I don't really care about Chrom much, but I wouldn't mind him being in there in some capacity.
Chance: 20% I don't expect it much.

50+ Character Roster
Want: 100% The more characters the better!
Chance: 18% I see it as highly unlikely, I'm expecting 45 or so.

Sceptile Prediction: 15%
I think everyone kinda likes the symmetry that Sceptile would bring to the Pokemon representation, but personally I'd rather see Grovyle.
Mach Rider Prediction: 10%

Nominations: Veteran downgraded to AT x5! Anyone else see this as a possibility?

andimidna

Smash Master
50+ character roster:
Chance: 90%
You think this is high? Let me explain.

1. Mario: 100%
2. Luigi: 100%
3. Peach: 100%
4. Bowser: 100%
5. Rosalina: 100%
6. DK: 100%
7. Diddy: 100%
8. A DK Newcomer: 99%
9. Yoshi: 100%
10. Wario: 100%
11. Link: 100%
12. Zelda: 100%
13. Sheik: 100%
14. Ganondorf: 100%
15. Toon Link: 100%
16. Pit: 100%
17. Palutena: 99%
18. Samus: 100%
19. Zero Suit Samus: 100%
20. Kirby: 100%
21. Dedede: 100%
22. Meta Knight: 100%
23. Fox: 100%
24. Falco: 95%
25. Wolf: 80%
26. Pikachu: 100%
27. Charizard: 100%
28. Lucario: 100%
29. Greninja: 100%
30. Jigglypuff: 90%
31. Mewtwo: 80%
32. Marth: 100%
33. Ike: 75%
34. FE newcomer + return from Melee: 99%
35. Olimar: 100%
36. Ness: 99%
37. Lucas: 75%
38. Little Mac: 100%
39. Retro newcomer: 100%
40. Shulk: 85%
41. Villager: 100%
42. Wii Fit Trainer: 100%
43. Ice Climbers: 99%
44. Mr. Game & Watch: 100%
45. R.O.B.: 90%
46. Captain Falcon: 100%
47. Sonic: 100%
48. Mega Man: 100%
49. Pac-Man (or other Namco character) : 95%
50. Now, a bunch of characters could fill this last spot:
Ghirahim (or other Zelda newcomer) : 65%
Bowser Jr (or other Mario newcomer) : 70%
Ridley: 50%
Isaac: 60%
Snake: 50%
Chorus Kids: 40%
A 2nd Retro Newcomer: 60%
A 2nd DK Newcomer: 55%

Yea, I'm confident in a lot of those characters. I really do think it's going to happen.
Duh. I fully want even... 60! :o

Chrom Assist:
Chance: 10%
That would just look weird to me. I really can't picture him popping out of an assist item...
I just can't see it. I also can't see him being just a trophy. He's earned playable status, sorry haters. :p

Want: 25%
Eh. Don't care. But it would look really awkward to me. It would be like a veteran, or King K Rool popping out of an assist item, or a Mii... it just wouldn't fit. I think he just has to be playable... and I don't hate the idea of him playable. Even if there are better choices.

Predictions:

Sceptile: 13%
Mach Rider: 20%

Nomination:

x3 SAVVY STYLIST
We will rate her. It's going to happen whether you like it or not. >:D

[THERE WAS NO THIRD CHARACTER RATED HERE EVER... SHHHH. YOU HEARD NOTHING]

x2 ISA JO
I can't believe I didn't think of him! Saki's assist could boost his chances immensily, but the Smash Bros icon for the assist may deconfirm him! He's definitely worth the rate.

x10 Savvy Styist (Shovelware #ShotsFired)
:o
x1 Yuga (Zelda)
x1 Ravio (Zelda)
x1 Hilda (Zelda)
Needs more "Legend of Hilda"

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Assist Trophy Chrom: 10%

Not a very likely scenario, but in the event that Chrom is not playable, this would be the next best role for him. He is the face of Awakening, after all, so he should get some sort of special treatment if he isn't playable. So, seeing as how last time we rated Chrom I gave him a 40% chance of not being playable, I figure that if he isn't playable, it's probably a 25% chance he would end up as an Assist. 25% of 40 is 10, so...

Yeah... Anything to keep him from being playable is a plus for me.

I'm allowed to be biased in my want scores, after all.

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Chrom Assist Trophy
Chance: 10%, I know nothing about Fire Emblem but from what I take it this guy's important and the possibility of his inclusion brings up some heated debate. It'd be kind of controversial to subjugate him to trophy status.
Want: Abstain- don't care, don't want to screw up the ratings

50+ characters
Chance: 80%, Transformations are out, which increases roster spots. Toon Link is back, so it looks like we won't be getting many cuts. I did some quick research and found that smash 64 had 12 playable characters, Melee had 26 (an increase of 14), and Brawl had 39 (an increase of 13, even after the five cut characters). Given this history, I think Smash 4 is due for an increase of at least 11 slots on the roster.
Want: 100%, duh

Nominations
Lanky Kong x5

Predictions
Sceptile: 19%
Mach Rider: 19%

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Chrom Assist Trophy - 5%
To be honest, if this was going to happen, why wouldn't he just replace Lyn? Seems like a pretty strange way to deal with such a popular character, especially when we already have at least two swordsmen ATs. I suppose it's possible but it hardly seems likely.
Want - 25% - I guess it would be fine and would help the case of my preferred pick Lucina, but it just feels wrong. Is it weird that, should he not be playable or some sort of costume, I'd prefer to see him as a normal trophy over an assist trophy? Yes? Okay.

50 or More Character Roster - 50%
A little more confident than I used to feel about this concept thanks to the Direct. Why? Split up transform characters, of course. It was already pretty easy to envision a roster that went up to 50 before that, but with Sheik and ZSS now taking their own slots and the possibility of Squirtle and Ivysaur getting their own as well, it's looking more and more likely. We're already at 29 confirmed characters, and we've got a lot of likely veterans and quite a few notable newcomers with unconfirmed fates, certainly enough to fill 21 or more slots. Maybe it doesn't quite make it there, especially knowing that the 3DS release isn't all that far off, but it's looking likely enough at this point that a coin-flip feels accurate.
Want - 100% - More Smash characters is always good in my book, even if we end up with a few clones like Toon Link.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Chrom Assist Trophy?
hmmmm 2.5% It's playable or collectible trophy, being an AT would be an insult to injury to his many fans.

50+ characters
65% I don't see MORE than 50, so most of this percentage is for 50 characters exactly. 45, 46, and 48 all seem like possibilities.

predict Sceptile 4%
predict Mach Rider 13%

nominate “X” Protagonist x3 and Flynn x2

Not that I'm going to help nominate or support him or her, but how can Style Savvy be shovelware, Groose? It is actually a first party franchise, and getting as much as an Assist Trophy isn't totally absurd. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chrom the Assist Trophy

Chance: 5%

I don't see it going well at all (Then again, every other character revealed as an assist trophy has never gone well) but I guess this works if he isn't playable.

Want: Abstain

50+ fighters

Chance: 60%

We probably won't get over 53 characters but I can't see the roster having less than 47. With transformation characters getting their own slots, it made me more optimistic of seeing this happen.

Want: 100% - How can you say no to more characters (Even if clones show up)? Come on!

Nominate: Peppy Hare x5

Last edited by a moderator:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Chrom AT

Chance: 0% He's either playable or not in the game.
Want: 0% Make this guy playable!

50+ Fighters

Chance: 80%
Want: 100% More the merrier!

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
Assist Trophy Chrom:

Chance 0%: It's either he's playable or he's not. If he's not gonna be a playable character, I think someone else would be a better fit as an awakening representative assist trophy. Tiki is a prime example with her re-appearance in awakening and she would also be a AT representative of the original Fire Emblem. 2 Birds with one stone.

50+ Fighters:

Chance 0%: I don't remember where but I do remember reading Sakurai himself stating he wasn't even going to put in as many fighters as in brawl because of the limitations of the 3DS. It's probably just a rumor though.

Want 20%: That might be to many fighters IMHO. There would be many more chances to mess up balance. Capcom is on this new Smash so you can expect some form of balance between the characters. A small roster of balanced characters is better than a mess of fighters and very few that are playable on a competitive level. I would kinda like it just to see it though.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Chrom

Chance 50%: I'd put it between Chrom and Robin being the representative for Awakening.
Want 0%: I think Robin more than Chrom. I personally have had enough blue haired swordsman representing Fire Emblem. I also think Robin would be much more interesting as he/she has a combination of Swordsmanship and Magic giving Sakurai far more to work with. In any case, I'd rather have Robin than Chrom.
. . . uh you do realize we are rating him as an assist as an a chance he would not be playable but would still fight through the assist trophy status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom