• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Tetra:
Chance: 7%
I feel I've overrated her recently.
However, I have just come to the realization she'd make the Zelda roster:
Link #1
Link #3 (2 is Young Link)
Zelda #1
Zelda #2
Zelda #3
Captain Falcon #2

That's just no good...
2 Links, 3 Zeldas, and a Captain Falcon.
Sounds like a mess to me.

Want:
Well... I warmed up to her a bit, but then I realized the above, which I desperately don't want to happen...
I don't hate her at all... she's one of my top ten favorite Zelda characters...
However, she is also my prime example of a character I adore in their series, but would hate to see in Smash.
It's weird... but as much as I love her, I don't want her in Smash.
So my Want is: 10%

Toon Zelda:
Let me explain to you why she'd stand out negatively...

-unique newcomer
-unique newcomer
-unique newcomer
-unique newcomer
-unique newcomer
-unique newcomer
-unique newcomer
-CLONE!!!!
-unique newcomer
-unique newcomer
-unique newcomer
-unique newcomer

I bet you saw the clone immediately, didn't you? :troll:

Well, I think that if we're getting "fillers on the roster" it will be of clone veterans, all other veterans, and separated transformation characters.

I don't think very highly of her.

Chance: 1%

I'm leaving a little room to be wrong, but I'm doubting a clone newcomer
Quality over quantity.

Want...
Well, if there's any character I want a clone of on the roster, it'd be of my main, Zelda.
But I don't want any clones on the roster.
She does get 0.1% more than every other obvious clone though.

Want: 0.1%

Impa:

Ok, I never thought Impa had a chance. AT ALL.
I gave her a 2% before the direct. And y'know what?
I thought there was ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of her replacing my Sheik! (Sheik is mine, get your own ninja)
Therefore... no chance reduction from me!

Chance: 2%

However, I like Impa. A good amount, actually.
I can't be a huge fan, she has no character development. Or, basically none.
I wanted her 85% before the direct, and you'd think now that the idea of her replacing Sheik is gone that I'd want her more, right?
Nah. The hype for her is gone. All her 8 fans lost hope in her.
So I don't really care about her for Smash 4 anymore.
I just want my Ghirahim! <3 (Ghirahim is mine, get your own Demon Lord)
So my want has reduced 10%
Unless it's the glorious FAT IMPA!
(I'm definitely nominating Fat Impa when I get the chance *evil laugh*)

Want: 75%
I still like her. Don't think I don't... but...
Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik, Impa, Falcondorf
still doesn't get me excited...
This is my favorite series. Can't I have a badass character like Skull Kid Midna Ghirahim?

Predictions.
Black Shadow: 16.5%
Chorus Men... oh... this is probably the most difficult prediction I've ever done...
Oh my... this place will be terrible...
Their only hope is the leak, so this place is going to be a secondary Rumors and Leaks thread for a day, with debates over Sal's legitimacy...
I'll give 'em a 40%

I think they're going to be knocking Ridley off the chance chart, sorry guys.
But I don't think they'll beat Miis. And I think Miis got around a 55%?

DAY 206: Impa

That is a beautiful picture of Impa :laugh:

Okay...
Someone has to... I guess I will...
@Diddy Kong come and rate your lovely servant:

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
The popularity chart has been updated.

Toon Zelda
Chance: 10% - We already have two Versions of Zelda, we won't likely get a third.
Want: 29% - She's okay, but Twilight Princess Zelda is the only version I need.

Tetra
Chance: 0% - I cannot fathom how she could get in ahead of her alter-ego Toon Zelda.
Want: 9% - I find her unappealing.

Impa
Chance: 4% - Because Sheik was here.
Want: 19% - I'm not a big fan.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Toon Zelda: 25% She is the only really likely Zelda newcomer in my eyes.
Want: 100%

Tetra: 6%
Want: 0%

Impa: 0.1%

Black Shadow: 17.32%
Chorus Men: 28.93%

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Link #1
Zelda #1
Zelda #2
Zelda #3
Captain Falcon #3

That's just no good...
2 Links, 3 Zeldas, and a Captain Falcon.
Sounds like a mess to me.
Although I disagree with this being an issue (all three Zeldas would be very unique characters and we don't know that Ganondorf will remain a clone), it does remind me somewhat randomly of one other plausible Zelda contender I forgot about: Ganon! His inclusion could make it two versions for each major Zelda character, which would help even out the franchise's representation. Not exactly likely to steal the show, but it is a bit silly that Smash still hasn't recognized the original big bad, so I'm docking an extra 5% from my Tetra score. Considering that still leaves her at a solid 1 out of 4 chance, I think she can take it. :)

Also, wow, that first-page image for Impa is glorious. Good show, Groose!

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Impa

Chance - 2% - Unlikely with Sheik's return.
Want - 5% - Not fond of her as a fighter.

Tetra

Chance - 30% - I'm intrigued by Toon Link looking like he'll be a starter this time around. There has to be a reason behind this decision, and him being the catalyst of unlocking another WindWaker character doesn't sound too far-fetched to me. With that said, nothing concrete can be used as proof.

Want - 35% - She's probably the best 6th rep Zelda character out there but I'm not so certain that I really want her in per say.

Toon Zelda's scores are similar to Tetras.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Impa

I knew she wasn't replacing Sheik. She does have some unique abilities she could have, but ultimately, she'd have a mostly Smash-original Sheikah moveset, which Sakurai already used on Sheik. She'd be in danger of being pretty clonish.

Impa chances: 0.5%

Impa want: 50%
Skyward Sword Impa was pretty cool, so I'd be cool with it if she wasn't a clone. But I have a feeling she would be a clone.

Toon Zelda

Adult Zelda kinda stole her Phantom. Then again, she could have it too, if she's as clone-y as Toon Link. She seems to be much more popular in Japan than Tetra, whereas the feelings here are that Tetra would be more interesting.

Being in the Forbidden 7 makes me think she (along with Tetra) is decently likely.

Toon Zelda chances: 3%
Toon Zelda want: 20%
She'd probably be a straight up clone, given that Toon Link has more unique abilities and yet doesn't get any Wind Waker exclusive items.

Tetra

Tetra is boosted by the Phantom. Tetra also has much more opportunity to be unique than Toon Zelda. She'd also be a way of representing Toon Zelda, who was in the Forbidden 7. She seems the second most likely Zelda newcomer, IMO.

Tetra chances: 4.5%

Tetra want: 65%
Tetra would be another cool female fighter. And while she's an incarnation of Zelda, she feels like a different character.

Prediction:
Chorus Men: 30%
The leak has power, but not enough power to make people think these guys are more likely than not, I'm guessing.
Black Shadow: 15%
Samurai Goroh has been eliminated, but I think people will be more skeptical of an F-Zero newcomer, so not that large of a boost.

BONUS!

Toon Sheik

With transformations out, there's no reason to include Toon Sheik. Nobody's clamoring for a Wind Waker inspired version of a character that never appeared in toon form, especially not over Toon Zelda or Tetra or more original characters.

Toon Sheik chances: 0%
Toon Sheik want: 5%
I'd be curious as to what that looks like... but otherwise seems like a waste.
Link #1
Zelda #1
Zelda #2
Zelda #3
Captain Falcon #3
:confused: Who's Captain Falcon #2?

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Toon Zelda: 0.1%
The problem isn't that Toon Zelda isn't popular, or important, but simply that Toilet Princess Zelda stole her down-B... Phantom slash uses a Toon styled phantom, this kinda disproves Toony's chances...

Even if this weren't the case she's be less likely than her Pirate form, as she has much less popular screen time.

Want: 10%
And I don't really mind. While I think the Toon Phantom is kinda dumb coming from Zelda, and I do prefer Toon Zelda's design (though I personally prefer Four Swords Zelda to the Wind Waker/Spirit Tracks version), but since we already have a Zelda, I don't feel the need for a new one... That said, if it allows the two Zelda's to make different playstyles (Defensive vs offensive with the same basic moveset) then I'll be cool with that.

Tetra: 49.5%
Tetra's popular, Tetra's cool, and Tetra's a Pirate! She's the front runner for a Zelda newcomer, but I still don't think she's exactly likely... She would need a made-up moveset, but the Piratey-ness gives her plenty to steal from.

Want: 25%
But I wouldn't be that interested. I like Tetra, but I don't think she could hype me... Zelda as a series is already done in my books, it has enough representation really, what we need is more jRPGs and Bowser Jr.

Impa: 0.1%
Not even on the radar... The only reason she got mentioned was to replace Sheik (as a clone or otherwise), but Sheiks back.

Want: 5%
And Diddy Kong made me hate the character intensely, so I'm kinda grateful! That said, I would be happy if we got fat Impa, I think that'd be hilarious!

Chorus Men: 12.3%
Seriously, that random guesswork 'leak' can't overcome common sense, can it?

Black Shadow: 20.2%
The field is open, and Black Shadow is now in F-Zero poll position! Sadly, this is the west so we ignore his Japanese popularity...

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Impa
Chance: 2% - Shiek looks to similar.
Want: 5% - Does not interest me.
Toon Zelda
Chance: 10% - We all ready have two forms of Zelda
want: 40% - Could be fun
Tetra
Chance: 5% - Cant see it happening
Want: 60% - A pirate fighter sounds fun.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Toon Zelda
Chances - 30% (?) - if they really wanted to put her in Brawl maybe she still has a chance.
Want - 0% Zelda is one of my mains but I hate clones.

-Tetra
Chances - 30% (?) no idea actually.
Want - 0% another incarnation of Zelda? bye.

-Impa
Chances - 20% not prominent enough to get in but who knows.
Want - 50 % kinda indifferent towards her. I don't see her having any potential for a cool moveset.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lol Diddy in the OP. :laugh:

Okay.
Toon Zelda: 10%
Toon Zelda appears in all the games Toon Link appears in, but that's pretty much all she does. The Phantom slash seems to be the final nail in her coffin.

Want: 15%
Wasn't much interested in her. I find her design kind of unappealing, and one of her more defining gimmicks in a part of Zelda.

Tetra: 20%
The fact that she no longer needs Toon Zelda to tag along with her helps her as she's considerably less likely to be a clone. Having appeared in 4 games (one recent remake) and a cameo in another means she is quite consistent in the Toon Zelda continuity.

Wan: 100%
Yeas. She is my favourite character in the Wind Waker (after Toon Link himself, of course.)

Impa: 5%
Impa is in the worst possible situation she could find herself in. Seriously, it was a common train of thought that if Zelda and Sheik were separated, Impa was bound to replace Sheik. Look at what we got.

Nah.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Toon Zelda
Chance: 0.5%

No I don't want a clone added, I don't think Sakurai would want one either, seeing as uniqueness seems to be what theyre striving for this time.

Tetra
Chance: 25%
Want: 60%

Its a better choice than Toon Zelda by far, has lots of potential to be unique. A pirate would be pretty neat in Smash. Im hesitant because it is yet another incarnation of Zelda, so we really dont need her.

Impa
Chance: 15%
Want: 70%

Could be pretty interesting, I can envision a monk sort of character, with some fast melee attacks mixed in with some magical abilities. She's pretty important in the series, moreso than most. One thing that plagues Zelda is its large number of oneshot characters, so having a recurring character could be seen as a major benefit to their chances.

Predictions
Chorus Men: 14% Really depends on how seriously people take that leak (If this guy is confirmed, I would say the leak is true.)
Black Shadow: 13%

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wait, what?
Tetra appeared in 4 games?
I thought she had her prominent role in Wind Waker and then a minor one in Phantom Hourglass and that was it?...
Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, 4 swords adventures and Wind Waker HD.
Cameo in Spirit Tracks.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Toon Zelda
Chance: 1%

With a notable lack of clones AND the removal of transforming characters, Toon Zelda is very unlikely. The one completely unique thing she's been able to do; possess Phantoms has been passed off to regular Zelda. I really don't see any niche or reason to include Toon Zelda at this point.

Nor do I particularly want Toon Zelda. With regular Zelda taking the Phantom, which was the main reason I wanted TZ to begin with, and Toon Zelda only being another incarnation of her anyway, I can't see the appeal.

Impa
Chance: 3%

Sheik. A shame, but Sheik being reincluded even after transformations are done with it's hugely unlikely she's going to get in. MAYBE as a last minute semi clone, but I can't see that happening right now with so many completely unique newcomers.

Want: 50%

Honestly would of preferred Impa to Sheik when transformations were done with. But since Sheik's still in, I don't really want another Zelda character based off another's moveset...we have Toon Link borrowing Link's moveset and Ganondorf borrowing Captain Falcon's moveset.

Tetra
Chance: 30%

Tetra's a popular reoccurring character within the Toon series who is another incarnation of Zelda. Unlike Sheik she's made more than a single appearance in her series(not including remakes) and was one of the most important individuals within Wind Waker.

A pirate theme could be pretty nifty and she's only really got Wario's more obscure Captain Syrup for competition on the pirate front.

Want: 65%
Would still prefer Vaati for Toon representation honestly but she's a good and likable character.
The back of my mind is still wondering if we require another incarnation of Zelda when we already have two of her in game already, but that's a minor niggle now she doesn't have to come strapped to Toon Zelda in order to get in.

Predictions:
Chorus Men: 35%

A lot of people are putting stock in this leak. Some are suggesting that Chorus Men actually might be a mistake though and the leaker meant Marshall and his two co-hosts.

Black Shadow: 12%
Goroh's out(RIP) and although Black Shadow has a fanbase I think most people will suggest the F-Zero series is sadly(and depressingly) dead thus a secondary individual is unneeded.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Impa
Chance - 1%
Lol

Want - 50%
Total indifference. I could care more about her if Sheik wasn't a thing.

Toon Zelda
Chance - 15%
Fairly likely, but since we're talking about a newcomer I do imagine Sakurai will want to avoid clone-y newcomers. It would just not be received well at all.

Want - 30%
I'd be ok with it but not excited for it by a longshot. It goes a bit below indifference due to the fact seeing her at this point means no Tetra though.

Tetra
Chance - 26%
As I see it, this might be the most likely Zelda newcomer. For the following reasons:
- Most recent Zelda games are Wind Waker HD and Link Between Worlds. However, the Link from one of these appears while the Link from the other one is regrettably missing.
- Toon Link being confirmed so early on does lead one to consider the possibility of an unlockable from the Toon side of Zelda
- The end of transformations means no reliance on Toon Zelda, and thus Tetra has a greater shot at uniqueness
- Technically, a bit more recent than Ghirahim, but at the same time old enough to be a recognized staple of the Zelda series. She has appeared more than once and had her side-game at one point, whereas Ghirahim can only claim one game so far.

Want - 90%
This is my most wanted Zelda newcomer right now. Sheik and Tetra are for me the coolest ideas in the Zelda franchise in the sense they represent the idea of Zelda not just being a sitting duck waiting to be rescued. Tetra in particular was fantastic in that when you meet her she has more street cred than Link who's just this kid from some island. Overall a very enjoyable character in the story
and then she turns into princess Zelda and then she's meek and scared and told to wait in the castle doing nothing while the boy saves the day ... and gets captured anyway ...

But in any case, Tetra is the sort of character I've always hoped becomes playable in some way or form given how cool she is. It would also be nice to have her there so that Toon Link has someone to play with. I also hope she is possible given how they seem to want to increase female presence perhaps for attracting more female gamers, although that said there's already a lot more women in this smash than before (Palutena, Zelda, Peach, Sheik, ZSS, Samus, Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer) ... but hey, why not more?

Sigh, but just watch, Sakurai will troll us all and surprise us with someone random like Ravio ...

Predictions
Chorus Kids - 28%
most of Smashboards before leak: "Rhythm Heaven doesn't deserve a playable character. At most it merits a stage"
most of Smashboards after the leak: "I am so down for a Rhythm Heaven character! That'd be such a unique idea!"
... Sigh ...

Black Shadow - 11%

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Toon Zelda Chance: 5%. Clone!
Want: 30%. Bleh.
Impa Chance: 5%. Clone! (As much as it kills me to say it)
Want: 85%. Death to Sheik.
Tetra Chance: 0%. Ain't getting in over her counterpart.
Want: 0%. No.

D

Deleted member

Ghirahim managed to surpass 20%? That's impressive! LOL at Diddy Kong on the front page. :p
Toon Zelda, Tetra, and Impa, have been added to the Directory.
If you have rated these characters before, check to see what you've said on their days!

I predict that there will be a 45% chance of a Zelda newcomer.
-Toon Zelda: 15%
-Ghirahim: 10%
-Tetra: 10%
-Tingle: 5%
-Vaati: 5%
Other Zelda characters will just get a 0% or a 1%.

Toon Zelda
Chance:
15%

Sakurai might go back to his ideas during Brawl. She was in the Forbidden 7, after all. But that isn't why I find her to be the most likely candidate for Zelda. She benefits from having at least some demand, I know that she is kinda wanted in Japan (not as much as Ghirahim however), and she would be a clone. Why does this benefit her? If Sakurai wanted to expand the roster at the last minute, he would add Toon Zelda. The concerning thing is, in my opinion, the Phantom. That's a move from a Toon Zelda game and regular Zelda is using it; this might decrease the chances of Toon Zelda herself. What also decreases her chances is the fact that she lacks uniqueness, something that Sakurai has been pushing with the newcomers.
Toon Zelda is the most likely Zelda character. I wouldn't be surprised if we got her as our newcomer, but I'll be surprised if she made it in.
But I want her to say MILES away from the roster! Again, I hate having two of the same character on the roster; characters like Paper Mario received a hard time from me because of this. She would be a waste of a slot and would take up a slot of what could have been a more unique character.

Tetra
Chance:
10%

I gave her a 7% before, but I increased her chances by 3%.
Tetra herself would be more unique than Toon Zelda and she plays an important role in the Toon Zelda timeline. Heck, she has her own game with Tetra's Trackers!
I can see Sakurai choose her over Toon Zelda for her uniqueness alone. She benefited from the Direct in my eyes as we now know that a solo Tetra could happen instead of forcing her to be a transformation of Toon Zelda.
I don't think that she is the most obvious choice for a Zelda character, or a character in general, but I say that she will put up a fighting chance.
I have Wind Waker HD... I still haven't played it in months. (damn you Xenoblade!) Regardless, I still like Tetra. She is my most wanted Zelda newcomer and is probably within my top 10 overall.
She was a pretty interesting character and was far different from the other incarnations of Zelda. She would be pretty unique; she's a freaking pirate for crying out loud!
It would be nice to see her, but I'm not expecting her.

Impa
Chance:
0%

I didn't list Impa earlier in the post? The reason for that is because I felt as though if Impa was going to get in, she would replace Sheik and take her moveset. Now that Sheik is back, she doesn't stand a chance. I don't know why she would be chosen as our Zelda newcomer.
I don't see the big deal. She didn't stand out to me in Skyward Sword; Groose and Ghirahim were far more interesting characters.

Black Shadow Prediction: 20.73%
I sense that he will get a slight increase. Samurai Goroh may be disconfirmed... but F-Zero is still very dormant. ;-;
Chorus Men Prediction: 35.69%
If people gave Shulk, Chrom, Palutena, Pac-Man, and Mii 100% just on the basis of the Gemetsu leak, then I'm sure the Chorus Men will receive the same benefit.

Smady

Smash Master
Toon Zelda

1% Chance: Sticks out like a sore thumb among the other newcomers for being a clone. In my opinion, this is barely a character, as far as Smash Bros representation. If transformations are out, then her only real possibility, a down special for Tetra, is not going to happen.

0% Want: Not a fan of Tetra, less of a fan of Toon Zelda. I don't hate the character but there are so many better Zelda characters.

Impa

5% Chance: Just not that likely when Sheik is back. I'd be very surprised if from Skyward Sword, Impa is used over Ghirahim, obviously we'd only get one of the two. He's far better for potential and more popular. That version of Impa basically encompasses only Skyward Sword and maybe Ocarina of Time (the new DW-like Zelda spin-off probably wasn't taken into account at the time of Sakurai finalizing the roster).

25% Want: Never liked playing Sheik, doubt I'll enjoy playing Greninja and Impa will inevitably follow a similar formula. Granted, that is entirely subjective. I also don't find Impa's personality very interesting, compared to her competition.

Tetra

15% Chance: I do believe a Toon character is likelier than anything, so Tingle and Tetra both get big scores. However, Tetra's potential is largely taking the leftovers from Toon Link, in an almost clone-like fashion. Same problems as Toon Zelda, she doesn't stand out nearly as much as Ghirahim or Tingle. I can imagine Sakurai randomly choosing to add her, though, solely because of her importance in Wind Waker.

5% Want: Really don't care for this character. I just don't see how the set could be more than a rehash of Toon Link's unused items and some pirate things on the side. She never fights in the game outside of the final boss fight, where she's Toon Zelda. I get why she's popular to fans of Wind Waker and I admit she's very important to Wind Waker's plot.

Black Shadow: 15%
There's little hope anymore in a F-Zero newcomer when Goroh is confirmed an assist. Bring out your de-cloned Ganondorf theory books.
Chorus Men: 20%
We may as well rate the leak by itself.

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Toon Zelda's chances: 0.5% - Removal of transformations crushes her and Tetra.
Want: 0% - With Tetra she could have been kind of ok I guess but by herself? No thank you.

Impa's chances: 0.5% - Hi Sheik! Bye Impa's (already not that good) chances!
Want: 0% - I never liked the idea of her replacing Sheik and I don't think she'd be a good choice even alongside her. And I actually like Impa.

Tetra's chances: 1% - I find her a little more likely than her Toon counterpart, but I still don't see it happening.
Want: 60% - Her and Vaati are the only Zelda characters that actually interest me.

Chrous Men prediction: 22.43% - Will certainly do better then the other RH characters...
Black Shadow prediction: 19.27% - Lost his only real competition, but F-Zero is still dormant.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I am giving all three - Tetra, Toon Zelda, and Impa - 1% chance.

Tetra and Toon Zelda seem like they would come together as a package, and with no transformations, two Zelda characters does not seem likely. All three reek of clone even if they have potential to not fully be so. If transformation characters were still a thing, Tetra/Toon Zelda would be an acceptable semi-clone and deserve its original rating in the 30% range, but they just have little to offer solo. Impa on the other hand is outclassed by other Zelda characters like Ghirahim, whose one game gave him a bigger and more prominent role than all of Impa's secondary appearances combined. Tingle and Vaati also outweigh her.

I think it would make sense to rate Marshal and Rhythm Girl along with Chorus Men, as it is possibly a mistranslation, plus they are relative big shots from a series where we have rated more minor characters.

Last edited:

DeOnde

Smash Cadet
Toon Zelda Chance: 2,3%

Her chances have never been lower, with the removal of mid-fight transformation, the toon zelda/tetra combo is compromised, Her "Phantom Summon" is also now part of classic Zelda's moveset, which makes her chances even lower. And the only clone i find acceptable in this game is Falco, because he is way too cool to put away (though i wish they remade his kit a bit, he already feels very different from his K9 counterparts, but i'd like if they made his air fighting prowess more relevant)

Want: 5%

I don't like clones, they occupy spots that would be better filled with fresh new characters, but i wouldn't be mad if she was in.

Tetra Chance: 10%

I've just started playing the Wind Waker, so i don't have a lot to say about Tetra in the moment other than i really like her character, her chances of making it in are much bigger than the other two of today's votation simply for the fact she has a much bigger possibilty to feel NEW. C'mon, 3 smash brother games and we still have NO PIRATES?, Do you want to be thrown in Davy Jones Locker Sakurai? aaaarghhh. Seriously, she has a lot to bring to the game, and her final smash could be her pirate ship shooting cannonballs at people!

Want: 70%

Alright, i like Tetra, and if Ghirahim or Vaati are not making it in, she would be the only other Zelda character i would like being in there.

Impa Chance: 7,5%

The Sheikah Companion! or the old nursing lady, depending on the version of the legend of zelda you're playing; what an inconsistent character. With Sheik's return, Impa's chance drop significantly, being "the last Sheikah", our Sage of Shadow has not much to give us other than what her ninja apprentice already does.

Want: 37%

I've though a little, and although the numbers haven't changed much, i think Impa has potential to be a good character, maybe not the dream Zelda newcomer, but with flashy moves and shadowy techniques, they could very well develop a character out of the few souces of fighting moves they have for Impa (other than her Sheikah heritage). AAAAAND, WHO WOULDN'T WANT AN OCARINA OF TIME'S KAKARIKO VILLAGE GRAVEYARD STAGE WITH A NOCTURNE OF SHADOW THEME? (AND DAMPÉ!)

andimidna

Smash Master
4 swords adventures
Oh :p
No wonder I didn't know.

She only appears in a mini-game added onto the Japanese version of the game.
Calling that a full appearance seems like a stretch.

and Wind Waker HD.
Cameo in Spirit Tracks.
Which is a remake. Where she does the exact same things...
I honestly don't consider Sheik a 2-time character.

And if Navi Trackers and remakes count for appearances,
then Navi has been in 3 games, with another appearance in a non-canon book, and a reference in Majora's Mask.

I don't think mini-games and cameos are significant enough to change a character's chances, I also don't think these and remakes add to a character's # of appearances that actually matter.

I mean, it's not like Navi Trackers is going to be getting any representation or recognition....

Just my thoughts though.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh :p
No wonder I didn't know.

She only appears in a mini-game added onto the Japanese version of the game.
Calling that a full appearance seems like a stretch.

Which is a remake. Where she does the exact same things...
I honestly don't consider Sheik a 2-time character.

And if Navi Trackers and remakes count for appearances,
then Navi has been in 3 games, with another appearance in a non-canon book, and a reference in Majora's Mask.

I don't think mini-games and cameos are significant enough to change a character's chances, I also don't think these and remakes add to a character's # of appearances that actually matter.

I mean, it's not like Navi Trackers is going to be getting any representation or recognition....

Just my thoughts though.
My point was that being in a remake helps your chances. Being in OOT3D helped Sheik, for example.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
Chorus Men: 12.3%
Seriously, that random guesswork 'leak' can't overcome common sense, can it?
Well Chorus Men was accepted by many people not because of who the character was, but who gave the leak, the guy who said that, was the same guy that said that before SMB4 first trailer comes out that Little Mac, Megaman, Pacman and Wii Fit Trainer will be in, is true that Pacman hasn't been confirmed yet but is really likely also... what give him more "points" is that he said Wii Fit Trainer noone ever though that the Wii Fit Trainer was going to be in the game, so that gave his words "power", now he said that Pacman is still comming, that a pokemon from X and Y was going to be released (and we got Ghreninja, and yes he said that before the nintendo direct) and that's when he talked about Chorus man, so yeah i think Chorus man will be in...

oks... going back to Tetra, Impa and Zelda---

Impa

Chances: 0%
Why? cause she's not that popular, she's not that important and her biggest chance was replacing sheik, it will be really hard for Nintendo to add her and make sure she feel unique, in general... she looks like Sheik and we already have 2 ninja like characters (Sheik and Ghreninja) so no...

I don't really care about her, i like the idea of more female characters but there are a couple of Zelda character that i prefer over her so naaa...

Toon Zelda

Chances: 15%

Well she was part of the forbidden 7, so IMO she's one of the characters that Nintendo will, at least, think about when talking about new Zelda characters, but it will be really hard to make her unique, IMO if she gets added she will be just like Toon Link (not unique but different than the original), even if she's not that popular here, it looks like in Japan she's a really popular character

Same as Impa...

Tetra

Chances: 20%

Just like Toon Zelda, she was part of the forbidden 7 but she is way more unique cause... even if she's the reincarnation of Zelda, she doesn't look like Zelda, she won't feel like a copy of Zelda or any other character, also she have a unique desing that SBB haven't used yet... PIRATES!!! (We already have 2 princess -Zelda, Peach-, and 1 badass and sexy girl -Samus and Zero Suit Zamus-)

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Well Chorus Men was accepted by many people not because of who the character was, but who gave the leak, the guy who said that, was the same guy that said that before SMB4 first trailer comes out that Little Mac, Megaman, Pacman and Wii Fit Trainer will be in, is true that Pacman hasn't been confirmed yet but is really likely also... what give him more "points" is that he said Wii Fit Trainer noone ever though that the Wii Fit Trainer was going to be in the game, so that gave his words "power", now he said that Pacman is still comming, that a pokemon from X and Y was going to be released (and we got Ghreninja, and yes he said that before the nintendo direct) and that's when he talked about Chorus man, so yeah i think Chorus man will be in...
So, a guy guessed the E3, got it wrong by having three more characters that weren't revealed at that time, and then guessed a few more characters, one of which was 'a pokémon'... and I'm 'sposed to believe him because he got Wii Fit Trainer right?

There are literally millions of people speculating about Smash Bros across the internet, and some extremely odd choices get banded about... heck, Bluepikmin11 believes Dr Kawashima is going to get in, and I head up the Sime Support thread; someone was bound to come up with Wii Fit Trainer, I think the fact he called the Animal Crossing character 'Villager' lends more credence to your argument, and that's not exactly saying much.

A guy made a guess. His guess was wrong. Smashboards still believes him...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Toon Zelda chance - 2%

Don't see it happening, especially with Zelda having a toon like guard for her down b.

Toon Zelda want - 0%

I want her less than I want Pacman, that's how little I want her.

Impa chance - 0.1%

*pans to a shot of Shiek dancing on Impa's grave*

Impa want - 0%

No.

Tetra chance - 1%

I figure Tetra relies too much on being a transformation for Toon Zelda. She doesn't stand too well on her own.

Tetra want - 0%

No.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Toon Zelda Chances: 0.000001%
Sakurai obviously wants uniqueness, and the only unique thing that Toon Zelda had going for her was Tetra as a transformation. But now that transformations are deconfirmed, a Toon Zelda/Tetra team is too, so if Toon Zelda were to be in, she would have to be standalone. Standalone Toon Zelda has absolutely NOTHING unique about her! She would just be a Zelda clone, maybe with one special move changed, and that would be it.
Toon Zelda is most likely NOT happening.

Toon Zelda Want: 0%
As I said, nothing unique.
She would be a complete waste of a roster slot.

Impa Chance: 0.25%
Probably not.
Sorry Diddy, but we already have a Sheikah on the roster, and we certainly don't need two, especially when they have basically the same abilities.

Impa Want: 0%
Like Toon zelda, she doesn't have anything that isn't already on the roster. Unless Sakurai lies about everything Impa is capable of, Impa would be a Sheik clone, no doubt about it.

Tetra Chance: 15%
Transformations are out, therefore she would be standalone. Though unlike Toon Zelda, she actually has some fresh moves up her sleeves. She could use a grappling hook or other WW items that Toon Link isn't using.
Though she has a lot of more unique competition for the Zelda newcomer spot on the roster, so I wouldn't consider her that likely.
Not to mention it may be a bit weird if she didn't have Toon Zelda with her.

Tetra Want: 5%
Meh. I wouldn't be that happy with her inclusion. I'd prefer someone that beings more to the table, like Ghirahim or Tingle.

Toon Sheik Prediction: 0%
Just no. Why the hell do we need a Toon version of a character who has never been seen in a Toon art style before, and can only be in if Toon Zelda is in too?
Everyone hates you Toon Sheik.
You don't even exist.

EDIT: I just realized that we aren't rating Toon Sheik tomorrow. Thank God. Just consider my Toon Sheik rating a thrown-in bonus.

Now for the real predictions!

Black Shadow Prediction: Ech% (5.22%)
My thoughts:

Chorus Men Prediction: 50%
I believe everything every leak says, because it says it's from a reliable source, which must mean it is.

Last edited:

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
Toon Zelda
Want 50%
I think w/Wind Waker HD being recently released, I can definitely see another Toon rep being put in, Toon Zelda the most likely. I'm indifferent on TZ particularly but it wouldn't bother me if she was in

Impa
Chance: 10%
Want: 40%
I think Impa has a slight chance as she is the only other consistent character in the series besides Link, Zelda, Ganon(dorf) and Tingle. Her chances would have been much higher had they gave Link and Zelda their Skyward Sword looks, Impa could have easily been a replacement for Sheik.

Tetra
Tetra's about the same in terms of chances as TZ for the same reasons, but I would prefer Tetra, in fact I would really like Tetra. She could potentially bring a unique moveset, I would love a Zelda rep that wasn't simply a clone.

Predictions:
Black Shadow: 18.4%
Chorus Men: 11.8%

Burigu

Smash Ace
So it's time for the Zelda girls

Toon Zelda
Chance: 5%
  • As many of you have pointed out Toon Zelda would be like Zelda I find hard to belive we will get 3 different Zeldas
  • The removal of transformation, Toon Zelda/Tetra was her best bet
Want: 25% only because I like her design

Tetra
Chance 12%
  • If we ever get another alter ego for Zelda it's going to be Tetra she has lots of things to diferenciate herself for the other Zeldas
  • She has a diferent theme being a pirate
Want: 45% I have always liked Tetra but for me yet again 3 Zeldas are to much

Impa
Chance: 0%
  • Everybody routing for her were hoping for Sheik to be removed, but don't worry Sheik is back, so no point in having another Sheika like character.
  • Despite her important role in the franchise, she is still not that important, we already have 4 Zelda characters and Ganondorf is sure to return so nobody think of Impa like "o we have the 3 Triforce holders, what's the next most important character...? o right Impa"
  • Even Tingle stands a better chance in my book and I don't like him
Want: 18%
Really nothing against her but the whole ninja thing is being doing already by Sheik, Can devs give her unique moveset? sure they can but the similarity in her theme to Sheik is not appealing to me, I will always support the diversity

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Toon Zelda:
Chance: 15% - At this time, I sincerely doubt a Zelda newcomer.
Want: 40% - Other options but I like her.

Impa:
Chance: 2% - I see her as Sheik's Alternate Palette or Costume.
Want: 10% - Not opposed but not a fan either.

Tetra:
Chance: 1% - Not without Toon Zelda.
Want: 5% - meh.

Predictions:
Black Shadow: 10.6%
Chorus Men: 7.8%

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Toon Zelda

Before the Direct, I thought Toon Zelda, along with Tetra, had the highest
chance of making it into the roster as the newest representatives for the
franchise. Not so much anymore now that transformations have been
taken out, along with Twilight Princess Zelda receiving a perfectly good
Phantom move that could have been reserved for Toon Zelda.

I would have loved, and still would love, to see Toon Zelda join the roster.
Not as much now that transformations are gone though. She probably would
be a clone character, and I know how many people would get angry over
that. I still wouldn't mind seeing her though if she did happen to join anyway.

Impa

Chance: 2%
As everyone has stated before, she would have similarities to Sheik. If Impa
were destined become playable, she probably would have been a Sheik
replacement. Now that Sheik is confirmed to be back, I see very little chance
that Impa could still make it.

Want: 12%
I think it would be interesting to see what they could have possibly done with
the character, but I have never longed to see her become playable.

Tetra

Chance: 65%
I believe that Tetra has a higher chance of becoming the next Zelda representative
than people might initially think. If we even get a new representative for the franchise
that is. I believe that the next Zelda character would most likely be a Toon one to
help even out the types of representatives on the roster. As everyone knows, Wind
Waker just had an HD re-release, making the character relevant now more than ever.
She could become very unique as Smash has never really included a pirate themed
character before. She is fortunate enough to have appeared multiple times in the series.
She would also be another female fighter which Smash 4 seems to be giving more
attention to this time around. I would agree that her chances were probably higher
when transformations were a thing, but I think that she still has the best chance of
being added as a stand alone character for the Zelda franchise.

Tetra is probably my most wanted character as a whole. The Wind Waker is my
favorite Zelda title, and I would like to see it get some more representation in Smash.
I think it would be neat to have a version of Link and Zelda to represent the Toon third
of the Zelda franchise. It may be wishful thinking as there's a decent chance that the
Zelda series may not see a newcomer this time around, but I can always remain
hopeful.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Chance: 20% > going to be in SSBB, can possibly get in, but still unlikely
Want: 25% > a smaller, faster Zelda would be cool. I don't care much for Tetra

Impa
Chance: 0% > Shiek is back
Want: 25%

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
TOON ZELDA

Chance: 30% - Possible.

Want: 65% - My most wanted Zelda newcomer because I am satisfied with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Toon Link. And Toon Link needs a companion.

TETRA

Chance: 10% - Less Likely than Toon Zelda I think

Want: 50% - Indifferent.

IMPA

Chance: 3% - I don't think so.

Want: 50% - Indifferent.

Chorus Men Prediction: 35%

Black Shadow Prediction: 25%

D

Deleted member

Toon Zelda/Tetra
Chance: 20% > going to be in SSBB, can possibly get in, but still unlikely
Want: 25% > a smaller, faster Zelda would be cool. I don't care much for Tetra
We are rating Toon Zelda and Tetra as separate characters since transformations have been removed. Are your scores for both of them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Toon Zelda:
Chance: 20%
Want: 3%

Impa:
Chance: 25%
Want: 8%

Tetra:
Want: 15%

Honestly I think the only characters with a high chance from the Zelda series are Tingle, Ghirahim, and to a lessor extent, Vaati.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom