• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
-_-... If WADDLE dee was in the toss he would be unaffected. If BANDANA dee was in the toss he would be deconfirmed. Bandana Dee is not a species. Heck, he even has an official name to prove it. The parasol dees that wee saw do nothing.
How many times do I have to say I understand he's not deconfirmed?
All I'm saying is that his chances have not raised, because they haven't.
He's still the most overrated character in the RTC results section.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Yoshi and Greninja (Well, and Charizard's HD Model, but irrelevant) were the only good things.
Everything else? BULL CRAP. Whole crap ton of deconfirmations, ZSS and Sheik as their own characters (either transformations or scrap 'em), Mega Evolutions, God awful Rose FS, Terrible customization, and much more. Doesn't even deserve a 0%.

andimidna

Smash Master
Yoshi and Greninja (Well, and Charizard's HD Model, but irrelevant) were the only good things.
Everything else? BULL CRAP. Whole crap ton of deconfirmations, ZSS and Sheik as their own characters (either transformations or scrap 'em), Mega Evolutions, God awful Rose FS, Terrible customization, and much more. Doesn't even deserve a 0%.
I think Paper Mario and K Rool are more likely now though, aren't you happy about that?

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
So, as a Ridley fan, this Direct had a definite downside. There was a huge amount of info (more than what we got at E3, even), so let's consider it.

Miscellany:
+3DS release date is summer, earlier than I dared to hope for!
+Custom movesets, while of course not likely to be used in tournaments, still could be a lot of fun to mess with.
+Lots of music for Wii U version!

-Wii U version should come out first to help the Wii U's flagging sales. You know how many people have been saying they're just going to get the 3DS version so they don't have to buy a Wii U? They should be upset about how they'll have to resist buying a Wii U when Smash comes out, not happy they don't have to. If the Wii U version were farther along, as Nintendo I would delay the 3DS version purely for strategic reasons, not even caring if it was already completed. Getting the install base on the Wii U up is more important than a little bit of extra sales for the 3DS. That said, if the Wii U version won't be ready by summer, it won't be ready. And some of those people might change their minds due to the siren call of HD graphics, better music and proper controllers, etc.
-Not so much music for 3DS. This makes sense though, it has more limited space...

Online play:
+Smash Run looks like it could be a lot of fun
+For Fun and For Glory are good ideas
+Skill-based matchmaking is very needed. I assume there's some kind of hidden skill rating...

-For Fun should allow Final Destination - the stage is not inherently unfun, especially with items...
-For Glory should have other stages. At the very least it should have Battlefield.
-Rating system is confusing... but maybe it will make more sense later.

Stages:
+Final Destination looks great
+Final Destination forms of other stages is a great idea. I wish they extended it to Battlefield.
+Wrapping Balloon Fight stage is interesting... only star KOs and falling in the water, I guess?
+Kanto Pokemon League stage is intriguing...

-Mega Man stage looked fun with the platforms, but now I have to deal with this Yellow Devil gimmick or have a FD variant. No middle ground. I love the Mega Man music though...
-If Ridley is a stage hazard, it's another stage with a huge hazard messing it up. I don't mind some hazards, but I don't like the ones that actively attack you.

Items:
+My god we got a lot of them. Counting the ones in the press kits, by my count we had 11 ATs, 21 Pokeball Pokemon, and 54 regular items shown. Of those, 16 were new regular items.
+In fact, almost all Brawl/Melee items have been seen.
+Some cool ATs, like Dark Samus and Elec Man

Veterans:
+No more transforming characters! I barely ever used them anyway, and now Zelda, Sheik and Charizard get new specials! With standalone Sheik I don't have any reason to want Impa anymore (since I don't want clones).
+Sheik seemingly has gotten rid of the Chain attack, which was crap (we saw her needles)
+Changes to ZSS and Yoshi look good overall
+Changes to Pit and Charizard look interesting.
+Changes to Olimar might make him more balanced? Hopefully it wasn't only about technical limitations...
+Got to see some Final Smashes in action!

+/- Dedede only getting Gordos seems broken. I assume they must do a lot less damage, because otherwise that'd be ridiculous.

-ZSS's heels look dumb. She looks like a space go-go dancer. The same change was possible without giving her bright yellow heels.

Newcomers:
+Wii Fit Trainer moves look interesting. I'm surprised some people don't like it, considering the most common complaint before was that she was boring... It also seems the Hula Hoop move sort of gives a projectile.
+Greninja looks like he might be cool to play as.
+It seems we've seen all the newcomer Final Smashes now (assuming that moon silhouette thing was Greninja's)

-Greninja does not excite me as a character. I don't hate him, but I'm really more of a Gen 1 guy (mostly since that's the only one I actually beat).

Disconfirmations and other changes to chances:
+Mii took a serious blow
+Palutena practically confirmed
+Earthbound and F-Zero content returns... not that Ness and Capt. Falcon were in much of any doubt
+Lack of Snake... not that he can't still return.

-RIDLEY!! Sakurai... you better be trolling, because otherwise that was some tactless BS. Not only a heavy blow to my second most wanted, but just really poorly done if he is indeed a stage hazard.
-Bandana Dee fans are going to blow the Dedede change out of proportion

Overall a lot more good than bad.

Considering I already got my most wanted in (Mega Man) and my third most wanted, K Rool, is still alive (and slightly boosted by Kremlings), I came out alright. Some others I like came out alright too.

Overall: My satisfaction is 90%.
Magikoopas are deconfirmed, not Kamek.
Kamek is the name for Magikoopa in Japan (and parts of Europe). He doesn't have a unique name except in the US. Basically he gets called Kamek in the US whenever he's a story-relevant Magikoopa, but in Japan there is no distinction.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Direct Satisfaction... Tricky...

I think I'll have to go with 80% satisfaction.

For the most part, the Direct was excellent; tons of content, tons of new footage, brand new features, stages, items... The list goes on, and everything looked absolutely stunning. I'm a pretty big fan of most everything they showed off. ...Except for three specific things.

-20% for Ridley, Charizard, and Greninja

Yeah, I have to take off for these. First off, it would seem that Ridley is going to appear as a stage hazard. A very special kind of stage hazard, but a stage hazard nonetheless. I'll admit, there is still a slim possibility that Ridley will be playable and that Sakurai is being a troll about it. However, with this bit of news, I can't say I'm feeling at all confident. Luckily for me, I'm not actually a Metroid fan and mostly just want Ridley in because he's deserving and would be cool. As I have no personal attachment to him, I can move past this...

...But then we come to Pokemon. My favorite series outside of Smash. And by the looks of it, Pokemon Trainer is out of the picture, and Mewtwo seems significantly less likely. Starting with the Trainer, I'm probably one of the few who really liked the idea of the Trainer in Brawl. The concept may not have been executed to it's greatest potential, but it was still fun to use and represented the Pokemon series better than any other character could. Sadly, that seems to no longer be the case, with the Trainer, Squirtle, and Ivysaur apparently being scrapped for solo Charizard. Not really the worst thing that could have happened, I'll admit, but I will miss the whole Pokemon Trainer.

So, then there's Greninja. I was rather peeved when this was first revealed. Quite so, actually. I think I've cooled down since then. To be honest, I don't really like Greninja as a character choice. He's not really any more significant than any other starter at this point, and is really just a really popular new pokemon. Now, to be fair, adding a really popular pokemon from the latest generation isn't necessarily a bad thing. Maybe after this, Greninja will really start to take off and become this really big, iconic pokemon to the series, kind of like Lucario. At that point, I would feel better about having Greninja in Smash, I think. He's plenty cool enough, at least. But, the big disappointment for me is that, with the inclusion of Greninja, there seems to be much less hope for a return of Mewtwo. Mewtwo is, and probably always will be, my favorite character in the history of Super Smash Bros. The fact that he was cut out of Brawl was tragic for me. His absence really took away from what otherwise would have been a really good roster of characters, to me at least. Then when SSB4 comes around, everyone seems so sure that Mewtwo is in, and that he's this one guarantee in Smash 4. Now... I wish I hadn't taken Mewtwo for granted...

But despite some (potentially) tragic losses, the Direct really did get me excited for Smash 4. The other stuff that didn't have to do with cutting down the chances of my two most wanted characters was amazing. On the other hand, I left the Direct thinking that the roster of Smash 4 was not going to be all that I hoped it would be. So, I can't say I'm fully satisfied.

D

Deleted member

+Mii took a serious blow
*sigh*
As much as I hate to say this... I object that the Miis chances have been lowered! Instead, I think that they have been raised!

We saw the Miis in the cage in the Find Mii stage, right? But, remember this Pic of the Day:

Miis aren't found in that cage. I think Sakurai is going to pull an Alfonzo and have the Miis not be in the cage if they are playable. Also, the symbol for the Find Mii stage is a crown, signifying that this stage represents Find Mii instead of the Miis as a whole.
I believe that this raises the chances of the Miis and that they are nearly inevitable. Which sucks because I desperately don't want them to be playable.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
satisfaction: 100%

I love the inclusion of Greninja and all the information revealed. I'll probably be getting the 3DS version so I'm glad that's coming out first. The game looks to becoming along amazingly and there seems to be a lot of care being taken to make characters appear just right. There is also a great deal for the hardcore community, such as the online and the final destination version of each stage. I'm disappointed that transformation characters will no longer be a thing, but for the purposes of competitive play it makes a lot of sense.

Most of the deconfirmations suck, such as the Saki, Tiki, Lyn, and Midna. But none of them are really that surprising. I like the idea of bosses in stages. I hope we get one for each series. King Hippo is my hope for the Punch Out stage.

I have many more thoughts but I gotta get back to work.

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
Waddle Dee not appearing in Dedede's moveset is cancelled out by the fact that they DO appear in Smash Run.
I understand he's not deconfirmed, but there he is, so it's the exact same situation he'd be in if Waddle Dee toss was confirmed.

I saw people on his thread saying Waddle Dee being in his toss wouldn't hurt his chances, so him not being in it shouldn't raise them.
I feel like Bandana Dee fans are twisting facts to their favor. He's either equal in likelihood, or less likely.
Thank you, the hypocrisy coming from the Waddle Dee supporters is getting annoying. You can't just pick and choose to only point out the things you see fit because they conform to your wishes while ignoring the rest. Plus, for all we know you can customize the toss and choose what minion you want and DDD's final smash may still utilize Waddle Dees. Nothing changed chance wise for a playable Waddle Dee on that front.

What we do know is that "Parasol" Waddle Dee and Waddle Dee are enemies in Smash Run:
waddledee.png

And here's some more hypocrisy straight from the Waddle Dee support thread's OP:
I know a Blue Toad is not technically deconfirmed, but another Mario character is not likely, he has a lot of competition and is exactly the same as the other Toads (Red, Yellow, etc), Blue Toad isn't even "The Toad", there is a lot of Blue Toads, so, imo, if Sakurai "deconfirms" one Toad, he "deconfirms" all the Toads.
Maybe Captain Toad or Toadsworth have "a chance" because they are important members of their species, and obviously they are more than just a Toad with another colour, they have an important role, they are unique, and they look different.
Too bad they have a lot of competition, their series probably won't have another newcomer and they are not popular.
So if any Toad is shown off, it deconfirms ALL Toads. But if any Waddle Dee is shown off, it doesn't effect "Bandanna" Waddle Dee's chances in the slightest. :facepalm:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Oh yeah, my thoughts on the old nominations... Summary: cut the old noms by 80%.
I think the thing to do with the nominations is to clear out the explicitly deconfirmed characters. As far as I'm concerned you can also clear out some of the joke nominations.

Then of the remaining, divide them by five (minimum of 1 nom). Or divide by four. Whatever you want. They're still there, but they don't count as much. That also means if people really agree that they want to rerate Ridley or Palutena or whatever right away, we'll do that within a day or two, but without destroying everything.

I also would reiterate my suggestion that we soon stop rating a previously unrated newcomer every day... I think we're really down to the dregs at this point, and we also have enough information that reevaluating our previous ratings is more interesting.

Additionally, we could do something special if we want to try to avoid another Greninja situation - we could come up with something to push the remaining few contenders to the top. Maybe something like pick fiveunrated newcomers you think we should rate because they have a real chance, and then make the top vote getters the newcomers for the next week, or something like that. This would get more interesting ones to the top rather than just whichever pet character someone has dedicated themselves to (e.g. Arino).

Although to be honest, Pokemon and Fire Emblem are the two series most likely to have out-of-left-field inclusions because of their huge rosters, and we already got ours for Pokemon, and we rated plenty of FE characters... And FE is less likely to be unexpected than Pokemon, since there are main characters (while no single Pokemon is the main character in the games).

Going forward, there are a lot of characters whose chances have changed drastically... but are still in the game.

Hurt
-Ridley: We all know this. He wasn't outright disconfirmed. But remember Toon Link and Pseudo-Palutena... he's not impossible... yet.
-Transformation characters: If switching between two characters or forms was a big part of the character's appeal, they're in trouble. Some, like Chrom, Lucina and Tetra, could still stand on their own. Others, like Pokemon Trainers, are dead.
-Mewtwo & Jigglypuff: They're now competing against each other. There could be room for both of them (Pokemon is at 4 movesets, last time it was 6), but still, the space is shrinking. That said, we know who won this battle last time.
-Squirtle and Ivysaur: Both are hurt since they have to stand on their own now and are not as popular as Charizard. But especially Squirtle, considering that Greninja is a water-type. I really would be surprised to see him.
-Other Pokemon: The competition just got a lot more fierce. Electric, fire, flying, fighting, steel, water and dark are now represented, making those types seem especially less likely.
-Other Metroid newcomer: Metroid now has two slots on the character select screen. To the extent that matters.
-Zelda newcomer: Zelda will now have five slots on the character select screen.
-Takamaru: Samurai are different from ninjas, but it's not helpful to him that a newcomer is throwing shuriken, which is kinda his thing.
-Lip: Lip's Stick has been confirmed to return as an item.

Helped
+Palutena: We all know this too. Pit has a new Final Smash. There's lots of KI content. Pseudo-Palutena trolling shows Sakurai knows she's wanted and he's explicitly teasing us. Would be a huge **** move if she wasn't in. In my opinion, she's now in an even stronger position than Little Mac was before his reveal.
+K Rool: The Kremlings are not forgotten! That said, it's not a huge boost, but it certainly helps.
+Pac-Man: Namco content shown in the game. This only helps a little though, IMO, since I was already expecting some Namco references.
+Bandana Dee: He's mostly in the same position. There used to be generic Waddle Dees in Dedede's side-B, now they're in Smash Run. We still don't know about Dedede's Final Smash, however. That said, Dedede's moveset is more important than Smash Run, so I think it's a slight boost.
+Black Shadow: Only because his series competitor fell. But an F-Zero newcomer is not feeling likely, we haven't even seen Falcon yet.
+Grass Pokemon: Possibly a Grass Pokemon could get in to provide type-diversity and represent the final starting type.

One other...

+Revamped Ganondorf: Seeing the changes for Pit, Zelda and Sheik was heartening. We might finally be getting the Ganondorf we deserve.

Neutral?
These guys might be helped just by virtue of the fact that they're not dead yet... But that applies to lots of characters. But these are a little more notable:
Isaac & Tingle: They weren't shown as ATs.
Shulk: No mention yet...
Fire Emblem characters: Nothing of note other than the death of the Chrom+Lucina idea.
Dixie Kong: It still seems like there's an emphasis on female characters. But K Rool was helped. She's still in the running though.
Star Fox: No changes of note. We haven't even seen a Star Fox stage yet...

One other note is that we have now seen a Pokemon newcomer despite not every veteran being shown yet. We might think this means Jiggs is cut and Mewtwo isn't coming back, or it just means that Sakurai is not holding so fast to that. We haven't seen any newcomer yet who represents a series with no veteran shown yet.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
On BWD not being affected:
It's because unlike Toad, which isn't exactly pronounced as a unique one, instead it's moreso generic in nature, BWD has stayed consistent as THE specific Waddle Dee.

And for minions being playable? :rob: There was THE specific ROB that was shown, despite looking exactly like the other ones in Brawl.

Last edited:

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
It's because unlike Toad, which isn't exactly pronounced as a unique one, instead it's moreso generic in nature, BWD has stayed consistent as THE specific Waddle Dee.

And for minions being playable? :rob: There was THE specific ROB that was shown, despite looking exactly like the other ones in Brawl.
Captain Toad, Blue Toad, Yellow Toad, Mail Toad, and Bank Toad (aka the Toad Brigade) have all stayed consistent as their own individuals since their appearance in Mario Sunshine onwards. Your argument is invalid.

I never said being an enemy = complete disconfirmation. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of ignoring it.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Wow, a lot of people here just need to grab a drink and cheer up.

Also, I'm not anticipating the day we rate Dee again. We haven't even gotten there and it's already getting tiring.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
As for that list, I'd say the only one who has truly stayed in the road and has differentiated from his typical species of Toads would be the Toad Brigade. Blue Toad and Yellow Toad are literally colored Toads and for me to be convinced, they need to have some sort of standout other than just being "colored mushroom men".

Captain Toad has an actual personality, instead of being lifeless and just a reskin of Mario or importing Doki Doki Panic's Toad values.

And neither is disconfirmed, I say that. If I meant it like that to you, apologies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Fire Emblem characters: Nothing of note other than the death of the Chrom+Lucina idea.
Rosalina and Luma confirm 2 characters can move beside each other.
The concept was never supposed to involve a transformation. Just two characters side-by-side.
That's why it isn't "Chrom/Lucina" or "tag-team"
------------------------------
Here's something we need to decide now: Is Tiki deconfirmed?
She's listed deconfirmed in the want section, but isn't in the chance section.
How should we decide her stance?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's something we need to decide now: Is Tiki deconfirmed?
She's listed deconfirmed in the want section, but isn't in the chance section.
How should we decide her stance?
It's easy and simple:
She's a trophy, therefore she is disconfirmed.

Groose

Smash Champion
I'm taking the night off. I need to think and take a bit of a break from Smash. Continue the debate about who we should label as deconfirmed; I'll be back tomorrow.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Thank you, the hypocrisy coming from the Waddle Dee supporters is getting annoying. You can't just pick and choose to only point out the things you see fit because they conform to your wishes while ignoring the rest. Plus, for all we know you can customize the toss and choose what minion you want and DDD's final smash may still utilize Waddle Dees. Nothing changed chance wise for a playable Waddle Dee on that front.

What we do know is that "Parasol" Waddle Dee and Waddle Dee are enemies in Smash Run:
View attachment 11832
And here's some more hypocrisy straight from the Waddle Dee support thread's OP:

So if any Toad is shown off, it deconfirms ALL Toads. But if any Waddle Dee is shown off, it doesn't effect "Bandanna" Waddle Dee's chances in the slightest. :facepalm:
...In the quote it said that Captain Toad and Toadsworth have a chance... Waddle Dee is similar to them in almost every aspect accept Bandana Dee actually has a lot of popularity in Japan. Not so much in the US, (he has surprising popularity in smashboards) but Japan matters more. Who you really should be targeting is the Mewtwo fans. Just check out the last few pages of his thread. Some people even say that the direct raised his chances because he wasn't a pokeball pokemon shown off.

Last edited:

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
As for that list, I'd say the only one who has truly stayed in the road and has differentiated from his typical species of Toads would be the Toad Brigade. Blue Toad and Yellow Toad are literally colored Toads and for me to be convinced, they need to have some sort of standout other than just being "colored mushroom men".

Captain Toad has an actual personality, instead of being lifeless and just a reskin of Mario or importing Doki Doki Panic's Toad values.

And neither is disconfirmed, I say that. If I meant it like that to you, apologies.
They were actually all given personalities in Mario Galaxy onwards: http://www.mariowiki.com/Toad_Brigade Blue Toad is the brainy one while Yellow Toad is lazy and carefree.

I don't mean to sound upset, sorry if I do. I'm not even a Toad supporter, just pointing out the fact that Waddle Dee supporters are using the same logic to support Waddle Dee and to dismiss Toad even though they're in the exact same situations.

Theoretical question: Say a new Kirby game comes out and now both Bandanna Waddle Dee and Sailor Waddle Dee are playable. Both continue to appear in future games afterwards like Yellow Toad and Blue Toad in the New Mario series. Do they both deserve seperate slots in SSB6 even though their essentially the same character design wise like Yellow Toad and Blue Toad? Would Blue Toad and Yellow Toad get seperate slots if they were considered? Or would it just be playable "Toad" and playable "Waddle Dee" like it is with Pikachu and Yoshi with those colors and clothes as costumes and the original Toad and Waddle Dee designs the default?

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
...In the quote it said that Captain Toad and Toadsworth have a chance... Waddle Dee is similar to them in almost every aspect accept Bandana Dee actually has a lot of popularity in Japan. Not so much in the US, (he has surprising popularity in smashboards) but Japan matters more. Who you really should be targeting is the Mewtwo fans. Just check out the last few pages of his thread. Some people even say that the direct raised his chances because he wasn't a pokeball pokemon shown off.
While I don't haunt the Mewtwo thread (I really should because he's my 3rd most wanted) I can say that did marginally increase his chances. Along with the Mega Evolutions being shown.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
While I don't haunt the Mewtwo thread (I really should because he's my 3rd most wanted) I can say that did marginally increase his chances. Along with the Mega Evolutions being shown.
Sure those did, but Greninja makes things worse in the long run, and they are still saying that the direct as a whole made him more likely.

andimidna

Smash Master
The last thing either of them are is more likely.
How? 6 Pokemon slots = 6+ Mario slots in my mind.
Mewtwo and Jigglypuff are too big to miss out on.
Now we need a new Mario rep: PM or BJr
5 Mario and 6 Pokemon make no sense.
It's easy and simple:
She's a trophy, therefore she is disconfirmed.
I agree she's probably deconfirmed.
That's why I took her out of my signature.

I think he was referring to the 2 in the Toad Brigade, remember the Blue Toad with the glasses? He was supposed to be very smart I think?
(Don't remember because I don't really care about Toads)
I don't think Bandana Dee is a notable character anywhere except SmashBoards.
Japan Popularity proof?
Wow, a lot of people here just need to grab a drink and cheer up.

Also, I'm not anticipating the day we rate Dee again. We haven't even gotten there and it's already getting tiring.
Same. And I already know a lot of the chaos will be my fault. :p

Ok, so that's one case where a generic enemy didn't deconfirm a playable character.
Guess what that means?
Bandana Dee isn't deconfirmed.
But nobody is saying he is right now.
Did "Almost ROB" as a generic enemy improve ROB's chances? No.
He was mostly considered deconfirmed, but that was mainly because next to nobody cared about him or thought he had a chance anyways.
So ROB may prove he's not deconfirmed, but that doesn't mean anything else to Bandana Dee's chances.
Bandana Dee is still either equal or slightly lower than before.
Although, he's most likely just equal.
Like you all are saying, they are different. Therefore they don't affect each other.
Therefore his score doesn't even go up 0.01%

Similar to what RankoChan was saying, you guys are picking and choosing the facts you want, and leaving out what makes those facts completely irrelevant.
If Waddle Dees can't deconfirm Bandana Dee, they can't raise his chances either.
So we all have to agree with are thoughts on his inclusion pre-direct, as NOTHING HAS CHANGED!
He still got like 17 votes for being the most overrated, and the 2nd place, K Rool, got his chances raised to basically what they actually are now. So he is no longer overrated.
Bandana Dee needs to lower still.

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Can I start a petitions to ban Waddle Dee discussion from this forum?
No? Okay. :)

But seriously people, every fanbase is guilty of picking and choosing certain aspects that help the chances of their favourite characters. I've been guilty of this, I'm sure at least half the people on this forum are unwillingly guilty of this as well. I've seen this from Ridley supporters, K. Rool supporters, Chrom supporters you name it.

Let's try to keep discussion civil, remember this is just for fun. :)

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Can I start a petitions to ban Waddle Dee discussion from this forum?
No? Okay. :)

But seriously people, every fanbase is guilty of picking and choosing certain aspects that help the chances of their favourite characters. I've been guilty of this, I'm sure at least half the people on this forum are unwillingly guilty of this as well. I've seen this from Ridley supporters, K. Rool supporters, Chrom supporters you name it.

Let's try to keep discussion civil, remember this is just for fun. :)
That's a nice thought...but...
I think that the more controversial characters are the ones more worth rating than the others.

If we rate Captain Syrup, everybody will give her from 9%-2% and she'll even out to like 4%
And there will be no surprise, and everyone already knew that was her chance. So what was the point?

The arguments aren't pretty, but they're useful.

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
How? 6 Pokemon slots = 6+ Mario slots in my mind.
Mewtwo and Jigglypuff are too big to miss out on.
Now we need a new Mario rep: PM or BJr
5 Mario and 6 Pokemon make no sense.

I agree she's probably deconfirmed.
That's why I took her out of my signature.

I think he was referring to the 2 in the Toad Brigade, remember the Blue Toad with the glasses? He was supposed to be very smart I think?
(Don't remember because I don't really care about Toads)

I don't think Bandana Dee is a notable character anywhere except SmashBoards.
Japan Popularity proof?

Same. And I already know a lot of the chaos will be my fault. :p

Ok, so that's one case where a generic enemy didn't deconfirm a playable character.
Guess what that means?
Bandana Dee isn't deconfirmed.
But nobody is saying he is right now.
Did "Almost ROB" as a generic enemy improve ROB's chances? No.
He was mostly considered deconfirmed, but that was mainly because next to nobody cared about him or thought he had a chance anyways.
So ROB may prove he's not deconfirmed, but that doesn't mean anything else to Bandana Dee's chances.
Bandana Dee is still either equal or slightly lower than before.
Although, he's most likely just equal.
Like you all are saying, they are different. Therefore they don't affect each other.
Therefore his score doesn't even go up 0.01%

Similar to what RankoChan was saying, you guys are picking and choosing the facts you want, and leaving out what makes those facts completely irrelevant.
If Waddle Dees can't deconfirm Bandana Dee, they can't raise his chances either.
So we all have to agree with are thoughts on his inclusion pre-direct, as NOTHING HAS CHANGED!
He still got like 17 votes for being the most overrated, and the 2nd place, K Rool, got his chances raised to basically what they actually are now. So he is no longer overrated.
Bandana Dee needs to lower still.
I didn't know that the enemy is what I was arguing increased his chances. That meant absolutely nothing. Not lowering or raising. I was arguing about the direct as a whole. The gordo toss instead of Waddle Dee toss increases it a tiny bit because he can't be in that move anymore.

RankoChan

Smash Apprentice
I didn't know that the enemy is what I was arguing increased his chances. That meant absolutely nothing. Not lowering or raising. I was arguing about the direct as a whole. The gordo toss instead of Waddle Dee toss increases it a tiny bit because he can't be in that move anymore.

You just proved our point. Quoting andimidna:
Waddle Dee not appearing in Dedede's moveset is cancelled out by the fact that they DO appear in Smash Run.
I understand he's not deconfirmed, but there he is, so it's the exact same situation he'd be in if Waddle Dee toss was confirmed.

I saw people on his thread saying Waddle Dee being in his toss wouldn't hurt his chances, so him not being in it shouldn't raise them.
I feel like Bandana Dee fans are twisting facts to their favor. He's either equal in likelihood, or less likely.
Quoting me:
You can't just pick and choose to only point out the things you see fit because they conform to your wishes while ignoring the rest. Plus, for all we know you can customize the toss and choose what minion you want and DDD's final smash may still utilize Waddle Dees. Nothing changed chance wise for a playable Waddle Dee on that front.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Okay, so, first off, I don't think Kamek is deconfirmed (not that I will rate him highly whatsoever), because I believe those are generic Magikoopas, and we had the R.O.B. in Subspace issue. We were planning on rerating Kamek anyway on the same day as Bandanna Dee and Andy. So we can save heated arguments for both controversial characters for that day.

Here is just a suggestion on how to carry out business after this avalanche of information. After the Greninja Satisfaction, Newcomers Satisfaction, and Bandanna Dee/Kamek/Andy Revote Day, we should systematically go down the list and rerate characters for at least five days, since those highly ranked characters are all the most controversial at the moment.

The following first four days of characters were ALL affected by the Direct according to a lot of people. We won't do any predictions or anything for these days.
Day 4 from now should be Palutena and Ridley
Day 5 would be King K. Rool, Shulk, and Dixie Kong
Day 6 would be Mii, Pac-Man, and Takamaru
Day 7 would be Chrom, Robin/Avatar, and Isaac
we could skip Lip because she was recently rerated and nothing in the Direct affected her.
Day 8 would be Chibi-Robo, Impa, and Bowser Jr. just to finish off the Top 20 and I've seen revote nominations anyway. Sheik also probably affects Impa.

At this point, on the 9th day from now, we can resume nominations as normal (with the person who gets 25 extra nominations getting them). Everyone could get ten from now on by default. Any characters, revotes or concepts who had at least 50 nominations prior to this new thread keep their totals, everything else is cleared back to zero. Any characters that had a high number of revote nominations who were rated in the previous days would be cleared because we just rated them.

This is my suggestion. Questions, comments, praise, or criticism?

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702

You just proved our point. Quoting andimidna:

Quoting me:
I know that. I was on the wrong page earlier. Heck, I was on the wrong book!... (maybe not that bad, but you get my point). He has been unaffected. Only a hazard has been removed.
Okay, so, first off, I don't think Kamek is deconfirmed (not that I will rate him highly whatsoever), because I believe those are generic Magikoopas, and we had the R.O.B. in Subspace issue. We were planning on rerating Kamek anyway on the same day as Bandanna Dee and Andy. So we can save heated arguments for both controversial characters for that day.

Here is just a suggestion on how to carry out business after this avalanche of information. After the Greninja Satisfaction, Newcomers Satisfaction, and Bandanna Dee/Kamek/Andy Revote Day, we should systematically go down the list and rerate characters for at least five days, since those highly ranked characters are all the most controversial at the moment.

The following first four days of characters were ALL affected by the Direct according to a lot of people. We won't do any predictions or anything for these days.
Day 4 from now should be Palutena and Ridley
Day 5 would be King K. Rool, Shulk, and Dixie Kong
Day 6 would be Mii, Pac-Man, and Takamaru
Day 7 would be Chrom, Robin/Avatar, and Isaac
we could skip Lip because she was recently rerated and nothing in the Direct affected her.
Day 8 would be Chibi-Robo, Impa, and Bowser Jr. just to finish off the Top 20.

At this point, on the 9th day from now, we can resume nominations as normal (with the person who gets 25 extra nominations getting them). Everyone could get ten from now on by default. Any characters, revotes or concepts who had at least 50 nominations prior to this new thread keep their totals, everything else is cleared back to zero. Any characters that had a high number of revote nominations who were rated in the previous days would be cleared because we just rated them.

This is my suggestion. Questions, comments, praise, or criticism?
I like everything but the ten noms.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
The gordo toss instead of Waddle Dee toss increases it a tiny bit because he can't be in that move anymore.
It only does for people who were seriously considering Bandana Dee being part of Dedede, a possibility.

But like ALL OF YOU said, Bandana Dee is not a generic enemy/Waddle Dee.
So how was that a possibility?
Why would Sakurai have just put little Bandanas on all of Dedede's Waddle Dees?
And, he's one character, like you all said.

I think there was a 0% chance that Dedede was going to summon multiple Bandana Dees out of nowhere.
And I think people are going to pretend like they thought it was a possibilit just so they can give him a higher score.
It's Waddle Dee toss. Not Bandana Dee toss. Which you guys have made abundantly clear to me, so make it clear to yourselves.

Bandana Dee has not raised 0.01% since pre-Direct.
If you had asked me if I thought Bandana Dee would be in Dedede's through now, I would have said no. And so would every fan of the character. So stop pretending like there's this huge celebration of his basic confirmation.
If Parasol Waddle Dee=/=Bandana Dee, than (summon-able) Waddle Dee=/=Bandana Dee also.

Therefore, same chance. Like I've been saying all along.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Oh, sorry about that then.
It's okay. I get where that could be confusing.
It only does for people who were seriously considering Bandana Dee being part of Dedede, a possibility.

But like ALL OF YOU said, Bandana Dee is not a generic enemy/Waddle Dee.
So how was that a possibility?
Why would Sakurai have just put little Bandanas on all of Dedede's Waddle Dees?
And, he's one character, like you all said.

I think there was a 0% chance that Dedede was going to summon multiple Bandana Dees out of nowhere.
And I think people are going to pretend like they thought it was a possibilit just so they can give him a higher score.
It's Waddle Dee toss. Not Bandana Dee toss. Which you guys have made abundantly clear to me, so make it clear to yourselves.

Bandana Dee has not raised 0.01% since pre-Direct.
If you had asked me if I thought Bandana Dee would be in Dedede's through now, I would have said no. And so would every fan of the character. So stop pretending like there's this huge celebration of his basic confirmation.
If Parasol Waddle Dee=/=Bandana Dee, than (summon-able) Waddle Dee=/=Bandana Dee also.

Therefore, same chance. Like I've been saying all along.
I agree completely with everything here.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I like everything but the ten noms.
Cool, there's one supporter. and yeah, my logic was so we could spend five on newcomers and five on concepts, but a majority are just voting stages/concepts/revotes now anyway since the newcomer pool is so limited. So that bit is unnecessary.

andimidna

Smash Master
As much as I want to...
I have sad news.

LIP'S STICK WAS RE-CONFIMED AS AN ITEM ;_;

She is not deconfirmed, as Lip has yet to appear on screen non-playable. But I do think this reduced her chance 10%
...Now I feel like I can't have her, which just makes me want her more.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
She had nothing in the Direct, yes... but...
You guys are both very right, so throw her in on Day 8 also. The embarrassing thing is that I was one of the first people to acknowledge the photo set press release, and I looked through every single one of them. All of the new items made me neglect to mentally tag that one as confirmed.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Overall Satisfaction: 85%

Im only going to mention certain points

The new mode for 3DS looks like so much fun. Such a ****show, but so much fun.

The whole thing teasing Ridley was suspicious. Hes neither confirmed or deconfirmed, hes as up in the air as he was before. I think we should rate him ASAP.

The customizable moves look so awesome. Looks like that will be fun to experiment with and see if there are ways to get more.

Veterans look good. Im really happy they separated transformation characters, it makes them all the more playable. ZSS looks so badass too.

Charizard was good. Greninja was pretty cool too. Dont care that much for pokemon newcomers, as long as mewtwo eventually makes his return (which I think he will) Speaking of which, we should vote him in to see what people think of his chances now, as well as jiggs.

Im excited to see how this affects some characters chances.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Satisfaction for the direct: 100%

While it is a bit disappointed to see Ridley most likely de-confirmed, I'd say the rest more than made up.
New final smashes look fantastic, especially Megaman's.
Character customization looks better than I expected.
Items and stages all look fantastic.
Pong is an assist trophy.
Smash Run looks incredible.
Liking the changes to veterans.
The Charizard/Greninja trailer blew me away. I certainly wasn't expecting it, but I certainly loved the surprise.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Random confirm/deconfirm thoughts looking through the results list:

- This is super nitpicky, but "Brawl Pokemon and Mewtwo" as well as "No Cuts" can potentially be called deconfirmed, depending on how you technical you want to be with Pokemon Trainer, who is himself labeled deconfirmed in the veteran section at the moment.
- "<10% Chance Character" is totally confirmed. What else can you call a character we didn't even rate?
- Why is "Extensive Alternate Costumes" called confirmed? All we've got is WFT and Little Mac at the moment, right? (Did I miss something?)
- I'm inclined to say Kamek specifically isn't deconfirmed yet, though I do think it's a stretch to say he's remotely likely with Magikoopas appearing as enemies.
- Chrom and Lucina not being deconfirmed makes sense compared to most team nominations but still feels really weird; I get they could theoretically be an Ice Climbers-like duo since their abilities are identical, but it sure sounds like it should be a transform character. Meh?
- The idealist in me says Sandbag shouldn't be deconfirmed, if only because there was never really doubt he would appear as an item: the whole point is that playable Sandbag would be in addition to item Sandbag, surely appearing as one of the last secret characters. Still a ridiculous stretch regardless, but I think any supporter would expect that.
- Even if we leave the Chrom/Lucina team alone, surely we can deconfirm the Yarne/Owain joke team, right? They're not identical so a transform seems kinda necessary.

I love how the 70-90 and 101-120 ranges were completely untouched by all the deconfirms; the absolute bottom less so because they're all so unlikely that they're easy to pass over even for ATs. Also, considering we now have a Fire and Water starters as separate characters, Grovyle feels far more possible than I would have originally thought. Intriguing!

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I'm pretty excited to see new results for Pokemon chracters. I have a feeling that things will change quite a bit, even Jiggs, and how it will effect other series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom