• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Satisfaction: 100%

Wow, a lot of deconfirmations!

My top three are now shot to pieces; Toad from Rosalina's confirmation, Peach's reveal and now gameplay footage(I was intrigued what exactly were Peach's changes, but Sakurai missed her out), Meowth as one of the few returning Kanto Pokeballs and Samurai Goroh who was one of the first ATs shown in the direct.

Also Tom Nook's deconfirmation was a shame, but at least that rumour about the Villager's animated video can die now.

I'm suspicious if Ridley actually IS deconfirmed or not. Why not just show him if he is? Seems suspect to me. Not that I supported him, but interesting.

Zoroark, Midna, Kamek(most likely; you could make a case for these being Magikoopas but) and all the Assist Trophies of the past not called Isaac or Tingle were brutally finished off.

ALSO FINALLY! FINALLY!
We got Yoshi!
Sakurai's reasoning for holding him back smacked of BS to me: "He stands more upright. It's a big change! We showed Bowser however when he went through similar because of unexplained reasons!" Glad to see him back. Very slightly tweaked here and there but no extreme overhaul on the character.

We got our first clear cut in Pokemon Trainer(if you don't count Charizard returning). Not everything is safe after all. Ike, Wolf, Lucas and Snake should be worried now. Poor Squirtle and Ivysaur.

Greninja!
A Pokemon I didn't even know I wanted until it was shown. Doubly satisfying since it means we won't get the oft predicted but incredibly dull Brawl + Mewtwo situation now which I was frankly dreading. By far the biggest surprise thus far.

So much light was shed on aspects I wanted to know about that I'm back to being optimistic even though all the newcomers I supported have pretty much been blown away bar Dixie and Pac-Man;
-Zelda's Phantom explained
-transformation not being forced on Samus,
-Yellow Devil's actual role
-How the Wii U version won't cannibalise the 3DS version
-The Final Smashes of the Newcomers(Megaman's and Villager's blew me away a little bit)
-Mega forms for Lucario and Charizard
-Exciting new items; I like the look of the jet pack and the fire bar.
-Yoshi being back(a deal breaker for me, seemed obvious but that was a long wait for a Yoshi mainer)
-Character Customisation explained
-An axed veteran confirming not everyone is safe despite Toon Link and Lucario returning
-Catering to both casual and hardcore online.
-Greninja disproving Brawl + Mewtwo. Charizard returning solo also disproved this to an extent.
-Showcased a ton of Pokeballs and Assists, deconfirming them as swift and painless as possible.
-Retro Stages(He really likes Jungle Japes, eh? Third time now)
-That Smash Race thing actually looks quite good fun and I can't wait to try it.

Directory:
I say reset. So much has changed it'll take a month to re-rate those who have had chances altered.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
So, which tab and who is going to run the Results list? because compiling that is like the entire point of this project, isn't it? I hope I haven't overlooked it. :crazy:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Satisfaction: 20%

Meh... probably tomorrow I will edit this post to put my opinion but I will not bet to much on that.

Sigh... Ridley... really? REALLY!
Sakurai you f...ing troll son of a ...

.n_n.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Direct Satisfaction - 75%

Well my top picks weren't deconfirmed (although Mewtwo took a beating) so I can't be too harsh.

Most of that 75% goes to the new gameplay modes, returning veterans and stages/items revealed.

I don't hate Greninja, but alongside Rosalina it's another "So what?" newcomer for me. It doesn't really help that I prefer Delphox to him. (Although I do prefer Greninja to Chesnaut)

He looks cool and I love how he runs, but at this point I don't doubt Sakurai's ability to sell a character. He could make a playable sandbag look good. So for me it's all about the concept/origin and Greninja just doesn't interest me from that perspective.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The direct was a roller-coaster ride. No joke.

Satisfaction: 95%
I was very happy to see Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS separated. Thank God once again for no more Impa-Sheik debates.

Among the items, I loved the fire bar. :colorful:

Ridley's disconfirmation hit hard, but he wasn't on my wanted list, so I survived the blow.

I was feeling extremely uncomfortable when the Assist Trophies were shown off (I lost my **** when Saki was shown, as I was near certain Isaac would be next.) But thankfully, Isaac and Tingle escaped the wrath of Sakurai. Lyn was shot down, but I didn't really expect her.

Yoshi looks so much better than Brawl!

Smash run was a great idea, and a proper homage to race to the finish, in my opinion. And THERE WERE KRITTERS!

BluePikmin had soured me on Tom Nook, and I was actually happy to see him out of the running.

The changes to the veterans are well appreciated. Waddle Dee is no longer a part of Dedede's moveset. Olimar is also a better character now, imo. Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X are there too!

Mega Man's Final smash is just seriously amazing. Villager's one is unique. Rosalina's is eh.

Wire Frame Mac looks hilarious. Attack customization was good for experimenting.

And last but not least, GRENINJA.
He dropped like a bombshell, blowing away our predictions even worse than Rosalina did. He looks cool, and I don't mind him, but he has given me cause for worrying about Ivysaur and Squirtle.

Looks like the 3DS version will be the top priority for me to get.

I might be forgetting a few things, but yeah, overall I was impressed.

AS for the Directory, yes, we should reset it. We know about a ton of disconfirmations and confirmations now, and some characters who should be prioritized above others, whose fate is not entirely known.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Direct Satisfaction: 85%
There's a lot more good to this direct:
-We got a lot of information that was great to hear (Online, FD stages, My Music's return)
-The modes such as Smash Run sound really fun to play around with, plus it shown that Kremlings are not forgotten.
-We got the confirmation of multiple veterans, and along with them, character changes that were for the better (aside from a few). For instance, I really like the Phantom as it allows an option for Zelda to play around with.
-And last, but not least, Greninja. I'll admit he's left-field, but he's still a cool and unique newcomer to me despite that. Add to that the fact that he's one of my favorites from Gen 6 and I'm really happy that he's playable.

However, the reason why it's not at a perfect 100% though is the deconfirmations. A lot of characters got killed today and some got a major blow. One of them is particular, is one that I really supported, so the wound is even more deeply felt. On top of that, while Charizard is a character I like, I really dislike that he came at the (likely) sacrifice of PT, Squirtle and Ivysaur.

So for all the good we got, there were some downers here for me as well. It definitely wasn't enough to kill the hype for me, but it did enough to leave a notable scar.

D

Deleted member

I am just going to mention that the Directory might be revamped. Since the old thread is now locked, I might have the Directory give more Direct links to Groose's posts so that you don't have to scroll down anymore. Okeydokey? I might do this over the weekend.
Overall Direct Satisfaction has been added to... the DIRECTory! Hahaha!
(I gotta make this pun while I still can!)

Overall Direct Satisfaction: 80%
I will give my pros and cons with the Direct.
Pros
+Stages are now shown off in more detail. This helps give me a better visualization how the stages are.
+The Halberd returns! My favorite stage in Brawl!
+A better online mode? YES! I am also glad to see every stage now have a Final Destination version so that things won't get bland! This is so amazing!
+I'm glad to see Sheik and Zero Suit Samus get their own separate slots. Now I can focus on them rather than two characters. The Zero Suit Samus comment frightened me...
+THANK THE LORD THAT YOSHI GOT CONFIRMED! MIIVERSE CAN SHUT UP NOW!
+Meta Knight, Wario, Captain Falcon, and Ness (Mr. Saturn is back) are semi-confirmed.
+The new items look interesting! Thank god the Beam Sword is returning so that people can shut up about the Monado replacing it. Also, Blue Shell.
+Smash Run? FAR better than an Adventure Mode! City Trial is the reason why I keep coming back to Kirby's Air Ride; it was a fantastic mode! I am glad to see the concept of this get revived in Smash! Mario Kart, you're next!
+The new moveset changes make veterans more interesting. Depending how Pit is, I might main him in this game; I didn't like his moveset in Brawl. This also gives more hope to a Decloned Ganondorf.
+Kirby's new Final Smash! YES!
+Mega Man's Final Smash shows that Nintendo and Sakurai know how to use Mega Man better than Capcom can.
+Luigi Cyclone returns!
+Donkey Kong has a Roll Attack at last!
+Shulk lives to see another day!
+Seeing the Kritters makes me happy that King K. Rool's chances were raised!
+Bandana Dee's chances were raised!
+Charizard is its own separate slot! I am upset for those who mained the Pokemon Trainer, but I am OK with him getting cut to save development time and resources.
+Greninja reveal. I support Mewtwo's return, but I absolutely loved this reveal. I will go more in-depth when we get to its satisfaction.

Cons
-The 3DS version is coming out before the Wii U version. I rather have that be the other way around...
-So many characters were slaughtered yesterday... ouch. Sorry Ridley fans and Pokemon Trainer mains.
-I wanted Wario to get confirmed.
-Since we were on the topic on new Final Smashes, I wanted to see Luigi's new Final Smash.
-I wanted to see a section where Sakurai talks about changes he made to Luigi.
-Skull Kid doesn't summon the Moon. :(
-3DS stages are limited to 2 songs per stage.

I liked other things and hated others... I can't think them off the top of my head for now.
Customization is something that I'm neutral on. It's definitely cool, but what's the point if I (thankfully) can't use those movesets online? I'm going to stick with what movesets are given to me and maybe fool around with it once in a while.

Since we are on the topic of affected characters, here are two lists of characters that have benefited from the Direct and were hurt from the Direct.
Benefit
  • Palutena- Popularized by a recent game and was teased by Sakurai during this Direct; Greninja boosted her chances. Also, her leak is still alive and Pit's Final Smash has been changed.
  • King K. Rool- Kritters re-appear here. This is major as the most recent villains aren't Kremlings. This goes to show that recency won't prevent King K. Rool's inclusion.
  • Shulk- Too new arguments be damned when Greninja was confirmed. That Tweet on Saturday... I dunno. I feel as though it does help Shulk a little bit; she may know something we don't.
  • Bandana Dee- King Dedede has a new Side Special move; Waddle Dee Toss is removed.
  • Black Shadow- His competition was disconfirmed.
  • Chrom- Popularized by a recent game; Greninja boosted his chances.
  • Isaac- Is now seen as the next likely Assist Trophy in Brawl to be playable. He was lucky to survive the Assist Trophy massacre.
  • Mii- They are shown in a cage in the Find Mii stage, but this image doesn't have them in the cage. This shows that the Miis may pull an Alfonzo and still be playable.
  • Pac-Man- There are two Assist Trophies from Namco, for example in this video at 7:42 we see one from Galaga.
Hurt
  • Squirtle- Hurt from the fact that Charizard returns with no trainer.
  • Ivysaur- Same as Squirtle.
  • Zoroark- Possibly disconfirmed from the Greninja video.
  • Mewtwo- Hurt from the Greninja reveal. With 4 Pokemon confirmed, Mewtwo or Jigglypuff may have to battle for a spot to get in.
  • Jigglypuff- May now have to compete with Mewtwo.
  • Pokemon Trainers- They might as well be disconfirmed. The one thing that made them unique was taken away from them.
  • Dixie Kong- This was her moment to get revealed and she didn't. King K. Rool is now stronger thanks to the Kritters.
  • Ridley- Pyrosphere shadow.
  • Takamaru- Greninja's moveset may have taken away a part of Takamaru's uniqueness. He didn't take as much of a hit as the others did.
  • Toon Zelda- She now has to hope for a 6th Zelda slot. She isn't getting in over Ganondorf.
  • Tetra- She has to get in on her own accord. She can't be paired with Toon Zelda now.
  • Snake- This was his chance to get confirmed and he didn't. Things aren't looking well.
  • Other likely cut Brawl veterans (Wolf, Lucas, Ike)- Pokemon Trainer was a likely cut. Now that he probably got the axe, these characters are more in danger now. A light may shine for them if Squirtle and Ivysaur return.
One last thing that I must mention is a leak. The guy who predicted that Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii would be revealed at E3 has said that these characters might be playable before the Direct even started:
  • Shulk
  • Palutena
  • Chrom
  • Chorus Men from Rhythm Heaven
  • A Pokemon from X and Y
http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros
Greninja is now confirmed... I say that these characters may receive a slight increase in chances. We didn't rate the Chorus Men before, so I suggest someone should bring them to the top and nominate them.

I can't say what we should do with the Nominations list. I am OK with anything.
@ Groose Groose We need to label as Toon Zelda/Tetra as disconfirmed as they are impossible now; they can't both get in as one slot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
DIRECT SATISFACTION

100%

I lost total sanity after the direct.

First and Foremost...MEGAMAN'S FINAL SMASH!!! I mean...just...WhhhaaaAAAAHSFOWIRMFSMSKFJSBHFSFSHDGYWYWGWHGWY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...if that isn't the most epic thing I've ever seen in Smash...........

Second, I'll admit I got nervous for Isaac when the assist trophies were shown. Luckily, he wasn't shown.

Third, the earlier release date, the better stages (IMO), and the exclusive mode confirmed one thing for me....I'm definitly getting the 3DS version.

Finally...Ridley...heh...my opinion on his chances haven't changed. On the contrary, they've been reinforced, but I'll get to that during his inevitable rerate.

If there are any errors in this post, forgive me. Sakurai broke my brain...that is the best way I can describe it.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Direct Satisfaction: 98% The only things I really cared for was Tom Nook and Zoroark, they are dead, but there were just bonuses in my eyes, I'm not really affected.

Smady

Smash Master
That direct changed everything.

If we look at the previous top ten in chance, I think just about every character needs to be re-rated. We need to start again. Although I don't think Ridley is fully de-confirmed yet, and if we're to be completely honest, that was obviously the point. Whether Sakurai is going to unveil a boss at E3 or playable Ridley or both, one thing he definitely did not outright do is de-confirm Ridley. I also am a little surprised people think Mii has a boosted chance... I thought it was practically de-confirmed. Miis were all over that trailer, on a stage, had no specific icon, customization options revealed - in the least both Mii and Ridley took hits.

Palutena, K. Rool, Chrom, Isaac, Tingle, Bandanna Dee, Pac-Man, Shulk, all got a boost from the direct, while plenty of others got de-confirmed entirely, only narrowing the field and further benefiting these characters. The characters I'd say are 100% locks are Palutena and Ridley, in my opinion. Of course, I'll soften up the prediction on Ridley by saying it could be a boss, hazard, playable or a combo of either the first two and the last. Sakurai has purposefully put Ridley at the center of discussion by flaunting a shadow. After all those fake-outs and troll confirmations, I have serious doubts he'd so casually de-confirm Ridley, especially when in the same direct he "de-confirms" Zero Suit Samus.

Isaac and Tingle get a boost out of simply not being de-confirmed. However, those were hidden assist trophies, right? It may not be a huge benefit to either but when you also get two dozen other characters taken down, it's something.

Bandanna Dee gains from the King Dedede change. Plus not being unveiled as an assist trophy which is the best place for him outside an actual trophy.

Chrom is another innate gainer from simply not being shown at all. Although no Ike will continue to also hurt him in the future, so it almost cancels that out. Same sort of deal with Shulk.

Pac-Man got a boost through a Namco assist trophy in those images revealed post-direct by Nintendo.

K. Rool got the Kremlings, in their first appearance since 1998. Goes without saying what that means.

Palutena is practically confirmed playable after that fake-out and Pit's new final smash. I will be shocked if she's anything but playable.

I can't believe that RTC never even got around to rating Greninja. I think it says a lot for the thread's problem with the nomination system, but I don't think it can be readily solved. There are many characters like Greninja who are very popular and recent, but get overlooked for fan favorites or joke characters, to the point they never get rated. I don't know if there's any way to solve this problem; it does hurt RTC's credibility, although this is just a forum game. It's exciting to think we got it so, so wrong.

Overall Satisfaction

My satisfaction was, I don't know, 95%?

I loved almost every aspect of the direct, from the new items revealed, to the veteran sets changes and all of the new features in online through to offline customization. They showed off so much new content, how could I not be happy? It was slightly disappointing that Greninja was the newcomer they decided to show off, but oh well, plenty more where that came from - I'm still confident Mewtwo is making a comeback, if Ivysaur/Squirtle are cut.

But that's all nitpicking the roster when they dropped hints galore for a few newcomers at E3. The prime one being K. Rool, who if he gets in, makes up for any blemishes on the roster. Not so overrated anymore, huh?

Things like a final destination mode for every stage and customization options are pipe dreams I've had for years that I never imagined would make it into a Smash Bros game. This is a dream game.. being that a few more fan favorite newcomers get in. Sakurai delivered big time!

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Direct Satisfaction: 85%

Reasoning:
  • The Game's 3DS version was announced to be released in Summer of 2014. (plus 50%)
  • Non-transformation characters revealed (I hated being forced to play as ZSS when I used Samus' Final Smash). (plus 20%)
  • Some form of customization has been shown for movesets. (plus 5%)
  • Greninja is my favorite 6th Pokemon generation final evolution (His moveset looks fun). (plus 10%)
Things I did not like:
  • Saki would have been an interesting character (confirmed as Assist Trophy).
  • Lyn would have been a nice edition (confirmed as Assist Trophy).
  • Midna's moveset speculation sounded very interesting and fun (confirmed as Assist Trophy).
  • Sakurai toying with Ridley.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Satisfaction: 95%

Pros
-The footage. Let's just say the footage and showing of many stages, items, assist trophies, talking about some of our existing characters has proven to amaze me. New Final Smashes, too!
-ZSS and Sheik as standalone characters. I don't use em myself, but it satisfies the others.
-More Online content. I definitely approve of the potential temporary bans on those with their little taunt parties, etc.
-The view of stages. I must admit the new FD beats the rest, and we haven't even heard its music theme yet. Palutena's Temple and Reset Bomb Forest since it's Kid Icarus stuff.
-The disconfirmation of Ridley. Sorry guys, but after months of jokes pertaining to him that have been done to death, I hope this will cut it down once and for all.
-Love for Megaman. I may not really use him myself, but seeing Elec Man as an AT and the Final Smash shows that Nintendo cares.
-Brief preview on move customization.
-Smash Run. Something I'm sure to have a look at definitely.
-Olimar nerf. Let's just say he was one of Pit's bad MUs in Brawl, but now he has better chances.
-Pokemon Trainer gone. Bye Squirtle, I wont miss you. I may not be big on Charizard, but at least ppl got their Gen1 rep that isn't Pika.
-3DS version being released in Summer. As someone who doesn't have a WiiU yet, I actually like this turnout. Besides, they could always patch a few things like they did with the Lumiose save error in X/Y.
-Palutena's chances to be in have only gotten better and better as time goes by. <3<3<3
-Pit's new Final Smash... It doesn't get any better than that. <3 Honorable mention to his double kick (U-tilt). "Shut up and take my hearts!"
-Everything Kid Icarus related. It may seem like bias, but as one who has high hopes for KI goodness, he needs to know a lot about Pit's changes, and the KI stages. We got to see the stages and some Pit changes. The music on the stages are what's needed left, along with the rest of Pit's moves to be shown and gimmicks.

Cons
-Greninja. I only say this because it wasn't Palutena's time (I didn't care for Mewtwo so...). It doesn't hurt that much since her chances have increased.
-2 songs per stage on 3ds version. I'm sad, but I understand, so it don't hurt much.
-Not showing Pit's Guardian Orbitars. This has been a move that has worried me a lot, because I want to ensure it's a reflector (it isn't one in KI:U). Knowing this move's properties can help or hurt Pit depending on what it is.

In general, all that footage, showing of stages/items/ATs/Pokemon, better online and all the Kid Icarus + Pit goodness + greater Palutena chances has brightened my spirits alone. The last one along with Pit's Final Smash have made me so happy that I'm eager to wait longer for Palutena's reveal. Also, the 3DS version coming in the Summer just makes me even more hyped.

Anything else I'm missing?

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Pros
-Yoshi finally showed up
-ZSS and Sheik are now separate
-Smash Run
-Krimlings help King K. Rool
-Isaac survived the Assist Trophy massacre
-Interesting new items
-Balloon Fight stage
-Past stages are not limited to Brawl
-3DS released in Summer
-New Final Smashes
-A few veterans are now all but confirmed

Neutral
-Still not sure what to think about solo Charizard or Greninja

Cons

-Three characters I supported (Saki, Goroh, and Meowth) all bit the dust
-It's now very unlikely that we'll get both Jigglypuff and Mewtwo
-Ridley confusion
-Only two songs per stage on 3DS

None of the cons hurt my excitement too much, so Overall satifaction: 90%

Might have forgotten some things

oh and I support resetting the nominations list.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
So, my previous comment was a bit short compared to others, so I though I'd watch the direct again, and try and re-create a play by play of my reactions as I went, enjoy:

No new trailer to start :S not a huge deal, but a bit dissapointing.

Release Dates: Good they're split, still looking forward to getting both...
No hype here, it's just news. Important but news.

Frame Rates: HOLY HELL! 60 FPS 3D is awesome!
ATs and pokémon have enough frames for non-charactr elements.
ATs do not get outlines, helping Palutena leak.

Also Link's Up-B is buffed! and Jungle Japes!
Goroh deconfirmed is a good thing for a Black Shaow fan.

Hype levels at 80%, especially as 3DS comes first.

Differences: Rainbow road in motion is cool, some other stages, but not much into them.
Hype: 82%

3DS gets two tracks. Litle disappointing as a long time fan, but it's better than alot of games.
Track stuff returns from brawl for Wii U, probably with a good number of tracks too.
Hype: 85%

Connection stuff he's not telling us. Cool, but can't be hyped for something I don't know.

Stages: More stages in action, great to see how they look and work. Good music choices too!
Some new stages, looking good! Balloon Fight has scrolling edges?! That's really wierd, cool, but wierd!
Nothing huge and spectacular, but good for the 3DS.
Hype: 88%

Wii U stages time: Pyrosphere, no Ridley! (hyndsight makes this saddening)
More stages in motion, looking good! Skyworld is huge! and looks great!
And Halberd is back! Jungle Japes was a bigger buzz, but Halberd is cool.
Hype: 98%
Just holding out on characters, but it's looking awesome already.

Yellow Devil: So it's a boss and a stage element. Seems fun and hectic, I can see it being great in 4player matches.
Hype: 100%

Oh...
Ridley's a stage hazard!
Hype:30%
Wait, isn't that Meta-Ridley's shadow? (no, it isn't I got the spikes the wrong way round)

At the time I thought it was Meta, which would only happen is Ridley was playable...
This is still possible, but I've now dropped this significantly after looking at it again.

Tiki practically Deconfirmed: Meh, she'd be cool, but it doesn't effect me. The trophy's cool though.
Infact the Trophy quizes as a concept was great, and for a second I thought it was a new mode...
I kinda hope it is, but it was a pang when it turned out just to be part of the direct.
Timing is key for this, and I was at 100% already.

Online: No technical information. After how bad Brawl's was I expected more talk about the net-code...
Worried it'll be bad again...

New modes: Ooooh!
Hype: 93%

For Fun: No FD? I like FD though... even in non-competative games...

For Glory: Only FD! Not even Battlefield? Dissapoint again, but there's a shining hope.
If they've limited it to one stage then all copetative balancing is based on that stage.
On FD everyone should be even, and no-one should have advantages... it's a good think for balance, if boring.
Also FD looks super cool this game.
Hype: 86%

With friends: Mentions stocks as part of it, deconfirming stocks as part of For Glory...
Hype: 76%

Dem FDs: looks cool, still prefer the actual stages though...
Hype: 78%

Mii half deconfirmed: YAY!
Hype: 93%

Rules and bans for online: I've had issues before, cool, but expected.
Hype:95%

Stupid Ranking System that means nothing: Why is this a thing, I don't trust the match-up generator.
Hype: 80%

My hype's been all over the place by this point... but it looks to be building up!

Items: Beam Sword looks cool, smart bomb travels way too slowly...
POW block basically deconfirms Double Cherry, not that it was too likely anyway, but damn!
Fire Bar's a sword? That's kinda dumb, should be placed a spin, surely? don't like it.
Shield? Think Fire Emblem (as in the Fire Emblem), realise it's KI, am dissapoint.
Ooooh, Bombchu! Always wanted one of those in Smash.
Fairy Bottle is just a heal... I was hoping it'd be stored for later...
Ore Club makes you slow, though the Whirlwing looks good.
X-bomb, nothing new. Hocotate Ship hts on the way up? cool.
Ooooh, Rocket Belt! That's nifty as frick! And Steel Diver still looks silly as an item.

Ups and Downs, but mostly ups, the Back Shield really got my hopes up for half a second though, and dashed them against the wall.
Hype: 82%

Fi: this isn't a quiz anymore is it? What's this about?
Hype:80%
Confused. Definitely not a mini-game mode.

ATs: Is that Lucas in the trophy case? It looks like him... Please don't let it be him!
That said with it's movements it could be giygas as a background AT... that'd be bad-ass!
You can Up=B again as Villager? What ar the peramiters? How good is his recovery?!
Aww no, Saki! Sad, but understandable really. That said, no Isaac here, that's a good sign.
No Wars characters either... hmmm....
Skull Kid doesn't summon the moon?! I guess that would be hard to do, but still!
Midna AT? That's cool I guess, nice for the Midna -perverts- fans.
Ashley's move looks cute. Dark Samus isn't playable! YAY!
Chain Chomp look awesome! And Isabelle is adorable!
Elec Man?!?!?!? Not Protoman?!??! B... But... That whistle... Dashed again? Certainly less likely.
PONG!!!!! Best AT yet! That's super duper awesome, Love it!
That Proto-Man doubt is big, but otherwise really liking the ATs, no-one I supported died so yay.

Pokéballs: Master Ball sounds great, I'd love to play a game with them as the only items for loadsa legendaries!
Arceus looks super powerful too. And dat substitute was hillarious, well played Sakurai.
Hype: 92%

Kinda Sad to see Meowth Deconfirmed, but no biggy... Meloetta looks great, and Riding a gogoat?!?!?
What did Victini do? And Zerneas for that matter? Some of these don't seem that cool... we'll see I guess.
Hype: 97% Gogoat, nuff said.

Veterans: Zero Laser without switch? Cool? Wait, you can never switch?!?!
That sucks ass, I like switching characters, and while I know they're hard work In personally think they'r worth it.
Especially for Samus who switches under such specific circumstances....

I didn't believe the ZSS deconfirm, the Japanese audio-helps pick out the joke better than the US over-dub.
I gave me a fright for a second, but not enough to drop hype and regain or anything.
The new suit looks good material-wise, but not a fan of hyper-sexualised Samus.
The new moves look kinda cool, but I'm not so sure on the jet-boots, seems a bit silly to me...

The single line 'in the previous title, Zero Suit Samus was designed to be not quite as stong,'
Damn that makes me worry about the balance... I hope they realise she's much better!
Also Pokémon Trainer Deconfirmed D:.
Hype: 57%
Still overall good, but really really worried about balance, an damn that PKMN tainer deconfirm hurts.

Phantom Summon: Looks so out of place, but could help her alot... seeing it pocketed was hilarious.
Don't like it as a concept, but Zelda needed something, and this could be it!
Hype: 60%

Sheik: Getting rid of that hookshot, to put it on the grab! Yay! The items are made up, and kinda silly, but cool.
Looks interesting, but eh? Atleast it's not impa!
no change

Kirby: My mid-air Hammer is gone? Though could be a useful move on the ground...
The FS looks cool, though Cook was adorable... Mixed feelings all round for my general series Main.
holding out.

DeDeDe: Oh god, Waddle Dee re-rate incoming!
Hype: 40%
God I hate Waddle Dee at this point.

Lucario: Aura looks cool, and Mega-Evolution! YAY! He looks really powerful! That is his FS right?
Hype: 50%
I might pick him up, I wanted to in Brawl (not so much P:M), just couldn't get into him.

Olimar: 3 Pikmin makes sense, and the pre-set order gets rid of the randomness that I hate of his!
The Flying pikmin is a super cute recovery too, and adds cool strategy to the mix with Pikmin colours.
Hype: 55%
Not a character I use much, but great news!

Pit: He seems more agressive now, rather than just campy, which is nice. I like him defensive, but not as much as Brawl.
FS release for Palutena's also nice, and the light show does look like a cool FS, even if I wanted the mecha treasure.
Hype: 65%
Palutena potential too, and Pit campers where annoying

Kirby's jab finishe is adorable, but not enough to hype me... though saying he's stronger does!
Sonic's combo looks good too!
Hype: 70%

Yoshi!: He looks like modern Yoshi now! He's also been buffed which is great as my GF mains him!

NO NO NO NO NO!
Hype: 40%

TROLOLOLOLOLOL!
Hype: 90%
Got me, and teases Palutena more!

Rosaluma: Not as much control of Luma as I feared, looks more balanced for it. Luma's bouncing is adorable.
The lighting looks so good in this game! I've noticed before but the night scene is stunning!
Power Star isn't too exciting, but it's nice to see how Gravity works on normal projectiles.

Mac: Dem Combos! Learning more about the KO Gauge is also great, he looks like a really fun character!
Giga-Mac still sucks though, but it's true there's not much else you could give him I guess...
Wireframe looks too hard to see imo, but it's a nice homage atleast, think it'lll be tourney banned though.
That Bowser Wireframe scene man!

Villager: Llooid rocket still looks dumb to me, though Balloon Trip is FAST! It looks really good!
Timber seems interesting to as it's even more spaced out, I wonder how fast or slow you can do it...
The Fs is basically cook with a special fall afterwards though right? Looks cool though, so yay!
Hype: 99%
Lloid Rocket always rubs me the wrong way.

Rockman: Wow, airshooter looks awesome, MM is. Also that remix!
EXE, X, Star Force, Volnutt!!!! He's back from the Moon!!!!
Most awesome Final Smash Yet.
Hype: OVER 9000%
okay, 100%, but still, damn!

Wii Fit Trainer: let's look at my main and see the Deep Breathing in Action! Yep, DB is exactly what I wanted!
Wait! Wait! She has Samus' charge shot?! Disbelief has fallen. I really really don't like that!
And she was going to be my first attempt to main too... Well... after Slime obviously...
That was a hit, though MM has really picked up so I'll just transfer hype.

Customised moves: Ugh! Balance! Could be fun in friendly FFA, and may allow a semi-PM to be made if the balance sucks...
But I'm worried they're spending time on this rather than on making the character's into actually good fighters.
Hype: 70%
Positives and negatives, eh?

I was still thinking it was Meta-Ridley so more Metroid got me excited for the trailer to play soon!
Hype: 90%

Smash Run: I personally prefer the single game fields, but they did have Mets, and probably will have Motobugs, so yay!
Still looks really fun, but I personally would have prefered a new Adventure Mode... just me I guess?
Kremlings appearing is exciting for K.Rool too! Maybe Maybe Maybe!
Hype: 99%
slight reservations, but cool and comes with K.Rool hope.

Painful looking Direct, might be euphoria, but worried about Sakurai's Shoulder
Hype: 95%
Still great, but ya know.

Character Run Down: nice but nothing new!

Dem Pokymins: Zoroark and Inkay as pokéballs, I love Inkay, and Zoroark could be such a cool ballmon.
Charizard Playable. ie. Trainer not playable. ie. no more Ivy or Squirtle, my PM mains...
Hype: 65%

Trailer looks cool, Shadow=y figure charging up attack! Oh my God!
Hype: 95%

Greninja make a splash!
Hype: 25%
What the HELL?!??!?!

I like Greninja, but what?!

Okay okay, calm down, seconds past he's cool, not really deserving, but he is the most fitting 6th gen okay, got it:
Hype: 45%
Uncertain if I'm still excited, but the game still looks great.

That Bounce move (d-air? where he bounces back up after hitting yoshi) looks great, and the tongue lash...
He's got some cool stuff, doesn't look too bad, but still not really anything special to me.
Whirlpool as a Grab... good idea, like it, keep going, you might convince me...
Hype: 55%

Aqua Jet is basically quick attack, some vannish move, and wait? Water Shuriken is Shaddow Ball?
Okay Okay, water shuriken is a lightning fast multi-strike move, and you make it a slow charging single projectile?
I run a physical Greninja, this is so messed up! I can't accept that move, it's almost as bad as Sun Salutations.
Hype: 25%
Greninnja jumped the Sharpedo.

Substitute is great, but it looks like a generic counter...
Charizard's moveset looks cool, and is that? YES! Flare Blitz!!! New side special replacing Rock Smash!
My less prefered mega-charizard, but it does fit better, and he looks cool. And more Greninja eugh!
Hype: 35%
Flare Blitz makes me happy, but Greninja makes me sad, I can't even have a Rosalina and feel he got in on moveset...
Greninja also seemed to take away from Mewtwo at the time, though I now feel they can both be in.

And so I went and watched bits again, and checked the Ridley again, and found out it was Other M Ridley afterall.
Hype: 5%
I reconciled, I thought all was lost, I failed to remember all the great things in the Direct.
Too many had died in too short a period of time. I went away to read Koe no Katachi and sleep on things.

By morning I was feeling alot better about things, I'd remembered the good, aswell as the bad, and thought on things.
Ridley could still be playable ala Toon Link, they already had two Ridley's in Brawl, what's the difference now.
And Greninja doesn't deconfirm Mewtwo. As for Ivy and Squirtle they wouldn't be as good in this anyway.

I balanced things in my mind and agreed this would still be a really exciting game... though I now doubt it'll be a P:M killer.
I'm okay with that though, I can handle having two Smash bros to balance; I have three Puyo Puyos...

My excitment for the game has taken a hit, and I'm more worried than ever before, but I know it'll be fun, at least for a while, and that's what really matters.

I still agree that overall I'm at 55%, I look forward to the game, but think I'll stick to P:M.
It reminds me alot of X and Y, it's cool to have, but I'm still sticking to playing the BW2 meta-game...

note: 2483 words. still 317 short of my Slime post...

Last edited:

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
I can't believe that RTC never even got around to rating Greninja. I think it says a lot for the thread's problem with the nomination system, but I don't think it can be readily solved. There are many characters like Greninja who are very popular and recent, but get overlooked for fan favorites or joke characters, to the point they never get rated. I don't know if there's any way to solve this problem; it does hurt RTC's credibility, although this is just a forum game. It's exciting to think we got it so, so wrong.
I've actually been thinking a lot about that too. I think the main reason why no one really considered Greninja was because of the widespread view that starters would naturally be tied to trainers, meaning he could only get in if Kalos Trainer was in. Had we known a few months earlier about the separation of the Pokemon Trainer and the new "no character changes form" rule, more people would have probably considered him or at least nominated him.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Direct Satisfaction: 83.75%
Assorted, unorganized thoughts on the Direct:

If most of the 3DS version runs at 60 FPS, the WII U version will probably run at that speed completely.

I have some friends who only play Smash competitively, so I'm glad there's going to be a Final Destination mode for all of the stages. Now I don't have to listen to the same two or three songs whenever I play with them!

I totally called Olimar's moveset changes. The changes to the other guys aren't bad either.

DECONFIRMATIONS
DECONFIRMATIONS EVERYWHERE

Too many returning Assist Trophies (and Pokemans, to a lesser extent) in my opinion. Still, there's plenty of new guys. Isabelle's still adorable, and the Pong AT was kind of funny.

Hi Megaman.exe, X, Starforce guy, and Volnutt. Other new Final Smashes are just alright, nothing too exciting.

Wonder what unique game mode the Wii U version will have, if any. If I had to choose one version, it'd probably be Wii U, just for the larger selection of music.

I'm going to miss Pokemon Trainer. And Squirtle. But Greninja and his Substitute antics look intriguing.

Funniest parts of the Direct: Sakurai being replaced with Substitute plush, Zero Suit Samus being cut from the roster (complete with her Brawl art fading to gray)-"Just kidding.", "Who's that Trophy?" "It's...Pseudo-Palutena!"

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Oh man, that direct got me excited about reevaluting character chances. So much has changed! Strong hinting (but no outright confirmation) that Ridley's out, transform characters (and thus Toon Zelda/Tetra) are out, Trainer and his other two Pokemon are likely out, and there's so many other deconfirmations beside. Really glad to see this thread getting relaunched to compensate, and yes, do reset the nominations, because it's necessary at this point.

Direct Satisfaction - 90%
First off, a confession: I really like deconfirmations. It sucks not knowing the fate of so many characters, so this direct going ahead and knocking so many out is a massive relief, because even if I'm losing cool possibilities like Saki, at least I know of their ultimate fate now instead of having to wait. Second, no transform characters is a highly unexpected and welcome surprise. I'm sad to lose the idea of Trainer in particular, and obviously it knocks out one of my most-wanted characters in Toon Zelda/Tetra, but hey, at least solo Tetra's still a possibility, and solo Charizard is nice to have. Greninja is all sorts of cool, though having him look Mewtwo-esque in the trailer is a massive tease. Then there's too many cool tidbits to list, like For Fun/For Glory, the varied Final Destinations, 60 FPS, and 3DS coming unexpectedly soon. Oh, and to cap it all off, the presentation was just really fun with lots of little jokes (substitute!) and unexpected surprises. All in all, very well done.

So what are my faults? One, what they did with Ridley is just plain evil. They'll show his shadow in the boss section, yet they'll continue to not show him or confirm for sure that he's a boss or playable or otherwise? C'mon Sakurai, that's no way to treat one of the most requested newcomers, even if he is truly out. Two, they left a lot of newcomers up in the air, and big characters at that. Just off the top of my head, we still know nothing of Mewtwo, Dixie, K. Rool, Palutena, Isaac, Shulk, Roy, Chrom or Lucina, Toon Zelda or Tetra, Takamaru, Bowser Jr., Miis, and Pac-Man, and I've surely forgotten a few beyond that. There's no way all of those characters are getting in, so if you're already deconfirm-crazy, why not thin the herd of more front-runners instead of a truckload of more minor characters like Midna or Dark Samus? Further, we're still missing a lot of veterans, including three N64 veterans (Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff) and tons of other big names besides like Ganondorf, G&W, and Ice Climbers. With Summer not that far away, we've got a ton of unknowns left, and I can't believe the secret character list is that long.

Ultimately I really enjoyed the direct, but, and this may be a bit greedy, I wish we could have clarified the fates of even more characters. I know he's got a few months left to do reveals with, and there's bound to be some secrets left for launch, but ultimately what I play Smash for is the character list, and there's still a lot of unknowns with it. The wait's gonna kill me! Still, I'm very happy Nintendo did this direct, and hopefully we can see another multi-character batch come E3.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So I guess I'm going to chime in with my last RtC post before my hiatus. Not going to make it too long, I'm quite grumpy today for obvious reasons, so I'll go over a few things quickly.

-Gameplay looks awesome.
-A summer release of any sort is nice, even if it's just the 3ds version.
-The late Wii U release sucks hardcore though.
-Sakurai was pretty funny.
-Yoshi and Sheik look awesome (very surprised how appealing Yoshi looked,) still don't like ZSS very much.
-Getting rid of transformations was a very smart move.
-Online play is really promising, there are still a few holes imo though.
-Items seem like a lot of fun.
-Halberd, my personal favorite Smash stage of all-time, is back.
-Smash Run seems really cool.
-Charizard was by far the best part of the Direct, and will probably have to carry the weight of being my Ridley replacement.
-I'd previously deem Greninja a bad choice for a newcomer, but over the day I've come to the conclusion I simply don't care who the **** they add anymore. I think Greninja is cool as a Pokémon anyways, so I guess I'm okay with him by the end of the day, even if he's not Smash material in the slightest. My only concern is that he just royally ****ed up the Pokémon roster, putting Mewtwo and Jigglypuff in danger, while I'm fairly certain Squirtle and Ivysaur are just plain dead.
-Why don't I care about who they add anymore? Obviously because Ridley was mercilessly executed, which killed any reason for me to care about future newcomer announcements. Unless it happens to be K. Rool that is, but I'm not hyped enough for him to let all of my speculation and hype rest on his shoulders alone. Certainly didn't help that he didn't even bother to show us Ridley despite killing his chances, thanks a lot Sakurai.

So in short: Gameplay and modes seem really cool, veteran announcements were solid, newcomer announcement was lacking, the mass execution of potential playable characters was depressing, Ridley is not a character.

Overall Direct Satisfaction: 25%

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I will note everything that I can.

Pros
  • 3DS coming sooner
  • Balloon Fight stage
  • Yellow Devil
  • For Fun/For Glory modes
  • Stages get Final Destination forms
  • Banning system
  • Skill level finder
  • Rocket Belt
  • Midna assist trophy
  • Master Ball
  • Kyurem pokeball
  • Victini pokeball
  • No transforming characters
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • Zelda's new down-b
  • Dedede's new side-b
  • Olimar's changes
  • Yoshi
  • Wireframe Mac
  • Wii Fit Trainer's moveset
  • Custom movesets
  • Smash Run
  • Charizard
Cons
  • 2 songs on 3DS per stage
  • Ridley Boss
  • Greninja
  • Zoroark deconfirmed
  • Ivysaur less likely
  • Mewtwo less likely

Overall Satisfaction: 30% While there are many more pros than cons, the cons are WAY bigger than the pros... FRICKIN' GRENINJA!!! RIDLEY BOSS!!! ZOROARK!!! LESS LIKELY IVYSAUR!!! LESS LIKELY MEWTWO!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Pros:
  • New items look great!
  • Release Window finally. 3DS releasing in the Summer is sooner than I expected.
  • Charizard is back. Which was 1/3 of my main.
  • Final Smashes were confirmed.
  • Smash Run looks fun.
  • Enemies from Nintendo games appear in Smash Run.
  • Online looks much better.
  • I like the idea of having "Final Destination" versions of stages.
  • Villager information ^_^
  • Assist trophies confirmed for 3DS.
  • Greninja confirmed, favorite Gen 6 starter.
  • Palutena wasn't revealed, well not yet.
  • King K. Rool's chances increased after seeing the Kremlings.
Cons:
  • 2/3 of my main from the previous Smash was cut AGAIN. R.I.P Pokémon Trainer.
  • Characters do not transform in the middle of battle.
  • Only two music tracks per stage for the 3DS Version.
  • Only one Newcomer was revealed. Hoping for two but Greninja is cool beans.
  • Wii U release for Winter.
  • Ridley isn't looking likely.
Overall: 90%

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
This direct shook things up so much, let's start anew with the nominations.

Pros:

New items
New Stages (Final Destination is amazing)
My Music from Brawl is returning (On Wii U)
3DS and Wii U versions have a release window
Charizard, Sheik, Zero Suit and Yoshi are back.
More (and new) Final Smashes
Smash Run is awesome
More Diverse enemies (Kremlings are good)
Online is good
Newcomer info
Ton of Assist Trophy and Pokémon Info
Palutena and K. Rool got a boost in chances
Greninja Newcomer!

Cons:
Pokémon Trainer is probably cut
The whole Ridley incident
Wii U version is releasing later
Two music tracks on 3DS for Stages
Mewtwo has a new competitor

This Direct was interesting to say the least. Hinted at Palutena and K. Rool's chances went up. At the same time, Ridley's chances plummeted (I still believe Sakurai could pull an Alfonso, but it might not happen). I believe the sheer amount of new info out weighed the Ridley cons.

Overall, my satisfaction with this Direct is at an 85%.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Direct Satisfaction - 75%

Hum... Not exactly thrilled, but overall happy.

Ridley hurts badly, and Greninja is a very strange choice as a newcomer.

On the other hand, we got tons of interesting info, and there are still characters that I want that could be considered. In fact, a number became more likely.

Overall, I'd say that I'm happy with the direct, though not jumping threw the roof of my house.

How to handle the directory

Eh, I'd say that anything before a certain nomination number should be wiped, but not all of the nominations should. A few lost nominations here and there wouldn't hurt if we just stared, but some of us have been nominating the same thing for weeks. This seems to be a fair compromise.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
So are we still going to rate kamek for being underrated now that he's disconfirmed?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'd like to propose a new nomination system that may handle the flaws of the old system due to all of the joke characters we went through last round.

During a previous round (say, Day -1) everyone sends Groose (or someone else, I could take this role) one nomination through PM along with a sentence explanation on why we should rate the character. This creates a filter. The next Day (Day 0), the nomination collector tallies all of the nominations that passed through the filter and people nominate in thread on the idea they want to rate for the next day (Day 1). The one with the most nominations in thread is the one that gets discussed and all the rest get discarded but they can be taken through the system again for another vote.

I'll use an example in this spoiler tag if this seems overly complicated.

Step 1: Send nominations to the filter.

Let's say that I'm the filter. I get nominations for Mewtwo, K. Rool, Palutena and Bandanna Dee.

During the next day, I post the characters up for nomination. People vote on the character they want to discuss on Day 1. Let's say the results are: Mewtwo: 9 votes, K. Rool: 6 votes, Palutena: 15 votes and Bandanna Dee: 3 votes. Meanwhile, the filter is collecting nominations for Day 2.

The next day, we'd discuss Palutena's chances on Day 1. The filter posts nominations for Day 2, and is receiving nominations for Day 3.

andimidna

Smash Master
It doesn't really help that I prefer Delphox to him. (Although I do prefer Greninja to Chesnaut)
I thought I was the only one!

+Bandana Dee's chances were raised!
No, they weren't.
Waddle Dee not appearing in Dedede's moveset is cancelled out by the fact that they DO appear in Smash Run.
I understand he's not deconfirmed, but there he is, so it's the exact same situation he'd be in if Waddle Dee toss was confirmed.

I saw people on his thread saying Waddle Dee being in his toss wouldn't hurt his chances, so him not being in it shouldn't raise them.
I feel like Bandana Dee fans are twisting facts to their favor. He's either equal in likelihood, or less likely.

Last edited:

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Satisfaction: 15%

And no, I'm not being a b*tch about Victini. Pokémon Trainer (and thus Ivysaur) and Midna were deconfirmed as well. Now my most wanted newcomer is Daisy, and SHE'S not getting in. Greninja definitely doesn't look as cool as ANY of the other newcomers shown thus far, and ruins the chances of another Pokémon newcomer or separate PT Pokémon like Bulbasaur/Ivysaur. I also hate that Smash Run is 3DS exclusive (looks awesome, but I'm getting it on the Wii U and I don't have more than 1 3DS) and that 3DS is releasing first. Overall, I am so mad at Sakurai right now.

EDIT: Actually, the custom movesets I liked. Bumping it up to 15%.

Last edited:

Typs

Smash Cadet
I liked most of the info showed in the direct(veterans,assist trophy, online....) but it was obvious they were going to be in the game (the for fun/for glory mode is the only new thing i liked with the new items and assist trophies).
There were few things i disliked but, sadly, that was most of the new stuff (Move customisation, Greninja, Boss Ridley)
Direct Satisfaction - 45%
Disliked the new info, liked the old info.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I don't see how Greninja still DCs Mewtwo. Until the final, FINAL roster is shown. Mewtwo is that special of a case that he could still be counted as a Newcomer or something. Heck, Charizard is semi-newcomer.
Because, remember Jigglypuff in Brawl.
And the fact that Pokemon is big enough for 5. I think Sakurai may have something up his sleeve here.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how Greninja still DCs Mewtwo. Until the final, FINAL roster is shown. Mewtwo is that special of a case that he could still be counted as a Newcomer or something. Heck, Charizard is semi-newcomer.
And the fact that Pokemon is big enough for 5. I think Sakurai may have something up his sleeve here.
Counting each of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon as a separate fighter (note how Charizard is considered a returning veteran), there were 6 Pokemon reps in Brawl.

andimidna

Smash Master
Counting each of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon as a separate fighter (note how Charizard is considered a returning veteran), there were 6 Pokemon reps in Brawl.
Honestly, I prefer Greninja and Mewtwo over Squirtle and Ivysaur.
I like all 4, but the first 2 are among my favorites.

I really can't complain about this direct. But I can see why some are upset.

D

Deleted member

No, they weren't.
Waddle Dee not appearing in Dedede's moveset is cancelled out by the fact that they DO appear in Smash Run.
I understand he's not deconfirmed, but there he is, so it's the exact same situation he'd be in if Waddle Dee toss was confirmed.

I saw people on his thread saying Waddle Dee being in his toss wouldn't hurt his chances, so him not being in it shouldn't raise them.
I feel like Bandana Dee fans are twisting facts to their favor. He's either equal in likelihood, or less likely.
Bandana Dee could still be playable as his own character slot. I don't see why you think that Parasol Waddle Dees cancel out Bandana Dee's chances.
He uses a different weapon and he is differentiated from the other Waddle Dees; he can still be playable.

I don't see what you are thinking... at all. It sounds like you are grasping for straws. I'm not expecting Bandana Dee (30%), but I don't find his chances to be dead or considerably low like you think they are.

Smady

Smash Master
Brawl had 6, as @ Spears In Smash Bros. Spears In Smash Bros. said: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Ivysaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Lucario. So far we have Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja and Lucario. If we get Jigglypuff we'll have 5, that leaves one more slot to get back to Brawl's number, but I think we could go to 7. Sakurai always represents Pokemon in a big way. I'm thinking we have definitely Jigglypuff, but Mewtwo as well and maybe one more, maybe a replacement grass-type for Ivysaur. There's also the possibility that Sakurai simply adds back Ivysaur and/or Squirtle as their own characters too, but I find that unlikely.

andimidna

Smash Master
Bandana Dee could still be playable as his own character slot. I don't see why you think that Parasol Waddle Dees cancel out Bandana Dee's chances.
He uses a different weapon and he is differentiated from the other Waddle Dees; he can still be playable.

I don't see what you are thinking... at all. It sounds like you are grasping for straws. I'm not expecting Bandana Dee (30%), but I don't find his chances to be dead or considerably low like you think they are.
I understand he's not deconfirmed
^It's not that he's deconfirmed, it's that his chances have not raised since pre-direct time.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
So let's see what happened. My most wanted newcomer is deconfirmed, we have Ridley in shambles, and Greninja makes me less confident about Mewtwo. For Glory will be an IC chaingrab fest. Wii U not until Winter. The only real upside I got out of this? K. Rool. And the vets, although most of those were obvious and Squirtle being out makes me sad as well. 10%.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I don't think i'll have time to write out a fully detailed description of my reaction to the direct,
so just in case i'll just leave my satisfaction and return to write more if I have time

Direct satisfaction: 90%
despite for the fact that my third favorite character, pokemon trainer got deconfirmed and made it horribly unlikely that Squirtle and ivysaur will make it back, every thing in the direct was either great exciting or neutral, despite that ivysaur and Squirtle are pretty unlikely now, makes this far form being a bad direct,
the gameplay data, the technical bit, finally getting some release info, finally getting some answers with some characters who were in the middle, and even the trolling and humor were great, this was definitely a good day for smash

Last edited:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I thought I was the only one!

No, they weren't.

-_-... If WADDLE dee was in the toss he would be unaffected. If BANDANA dee was in the toss he would be deconfirmed. Bandana Dee is not a species. Heck, he even has an official name to prove it. The parasol dees that wee saw do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom