• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Those satisfaction scores.......Wow.
I think we all know who's looking forward to this game the most. :)
Trust me when I say Smash Bros. is my favorite series of all time. In my opinion, this particular game has the best roster in the series; Vets are great, newcomers are great, Dr. Mario back is great, even the eternally controversial Miis are great. If I could, I'd give Dark Pit, Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Animals all 100s, too.

That's why I don't care for all the negativity the newcomers are getting (though I do respect everyone's rights to feel the way they do). All the characters are awesome in their own respective ways. I always go by the creed of "If a character is good enough for Sakurai/Sora/Nintendo to put in the game to begin with, it should be 10x better enough for me to have them in, so I do." Now, I can't say the roster isn't without fault (like how come anyone has to be cut? PKMN Trainer, Pichu, Mewtwo, everybody should keep in if possible), but the bad is small time compared to the good.

DAY IS NOT OVER

TECH APPARENTLY CONFIRMED FOR #1 SMASH BROS. FAN < =P >

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
All right time for the most recent newcomers and they are certainly an interesting recent three:

Lucina - 75%

I don't really have anything against Lucina, and I'm absolutely delighted that she got in over Chrom as I think a female Fire Emblem character was sort of needed in a way, and I kind of do like her over Marth honestly in some aspects. But at the end of the day she is just Marth with a different model and the tipper mechanic removed for an equal distribution of damage along the sword. I don't actually know how different she'll end up playing, and every bit she is diversified from Marth the better honestly. If I can't have Roy in the game then it looks like she will be the next best thing. I'm of course going to try her out, and I'm interested in playing her, but she still loses points for being a clone.

Robin - 100%

I'll be honest. I'm slowly working my way through the Fire Emblem games and I'm nowhere near Awakening at the moment. So I can't say I ever supported Robin as a character in the game since I didn't really know of him/her. That said I've always wanted a Fire Emblem character that does something besides use a sword, whether that be a lance, ax, bow, or magic I didn't care. I just knew there was more to pull from Fire Emblem then sword wielders. When I saw him in the trailer I didn't recognize him, but when I saw that move set, oh boy. I loved his move set and everything he was bringing to Smash. And every bit of information I've heard about him since has only made him better. The way his Levin sword works and gives unique aerial smashes, all of the mage abilities that contribute to his uniqueness and a move that recovers damage all sound incredibly awesome. Then Zipzo talked about how well he played at the Japanese event and his mechanics were even more apparent as being awesome. Robin has become the best new Smash character that I never knew I wanted, and I'm seriously excited to play him/her when the game comes out.

Shulk - 95%

I like Xenoblade Chronicles a lot and wanted to see some representation in Smash. I figured he was a shoe-in though and I was right in assuming so it looks like. When I first saw leak footage of him I turned my nose upward in disgust though as that footage did a very poor job of showing off Shulk and his unique abilities. Then the reveal trailer came and I was instantly hyped for his inclusion. All of the monado arts shown off do him wonders, as do the rest of his attacks and giving some serious range and originality to a sword fighter is always great in my book, especially if it's a character I already like. He seems like a character who will take some time to get the hang of, but Gaur Plains as a stage is great, as is the rest of the Xenoblade stuff included. I'm glad he made the cut in the end and can't wait to play as him as well. He's not my most hyped, but he's very, very close.

D

Deleted member

Since this is the last of the satisfaction rankings I've compiled mine together:
:4greninja:: 200%
:4robinm::4robinf:: 100%
:4shulk:: 100%
:4megaman:: 100%
:4pacman:: 100% (I just realized I forgot him in my signature! @ Pacack Pacack would be ashamed!)
:rosalina:: 100%
:4lucina:: 100%
:4villager:: 90%
:4littlemac:: 40%
:4wiifit:: 0%
:4palutena:: 0%
:4mii:: -100%

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Lucina: 75%

Mixed feelings. I loved her character in Awakening and I was a supporter of her's, but I'm a little disappointed to see how similar she is to Marth. At the same time though, I despise Marth as a character. Now, I can play as OP Marth, but not be Marth!
:chuckle:

Robin: 99%

One of my most wanted characters and I've very happy to see a female alt. The ONLY reason I can't give Robin a full 100% is due to the fact that his alts do not change his or her hair style. Still, I'm more than content with the character.

Shulk: 7%

I was never a supporter of Shulk. His moveset seems interesting though, however, I play as characters that I like, not by how good they turn out to be. I'd play as Marth because he's good and plays great, but I hate him as a character so I never picked him. I think Shulk will end up in a similar situation.

I can't believe I missed out on my favorite newcomer so far. . . Villager. I'd give him a 99.9%

Last edited:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
:4lucina::100 Man, was the trailer epic and I felt Sakurai outdid himself. After it seemed like the gematsu leak was legit and that Shulk would be the one revealed. He wasn't to my surprise and instead it was a Fire Emblem character trailer, an epic one at that! While many thought it was Chrom at first, I knew it wasn't as Lucina was the focus at the beginning and Chrom was laying on the ground mostly out of view. As soon as Lucina was revealed and the watermark appeared, I was excited and felt happy for all the fans that wanted her. Most of my interest for supporting her inclusion came from seeing a really well made PSA hack of Lucina made by CrazyhandMasterHand/Mr.Luigi. The Luigified Marth moveset and playstyle (1.5 version) really intrigued me as I really like the fast hit and run characters and I felt it would be the type of moveset she would have in Smash Bros. Of course, after seeing all the fan support and evidence for Lucina's inclusion, I felt there was just so much that meant she was going to be playable and I was right! Of course, I felt she represented a huge moment in Fire Emblem history in that Awakening saved the entire series from hiatus. To me, she was the R.O.B. of Fire Emblem in that she represents the phoenix or butterfly in that all hope seems lost and the series future looked bleak, but hope never died and the series now has a bright future ahead of it and I'm excited. I think having four reps makes sense due to this HUGE historical moment in the series history.

Of course, Lucina is a very beloved female character and one thing I think Smash Bros. 4 did a great job with is female reps. I think its great to have more of these female characters that serve as great role models, but also a character female gamers can relate to and draw in because I think that's one thing that has been a problem in gaming is well written female characters or drawing in female gamers due some games having poorly written or very conservative portrayals for Female characters instead of more exotic ones or ones that are refreshing. Games that don't seem to leave a female gamer out and appeal more to a male gamer. I also felt after reading a lot on Lucina threads, I felt, like Robin, Lucina represented Awakening better than Chrom and was the equivalent to Marth, Ike, and Lyn when it comes to lords representing their respective game in the series and ones people really like a lot.

While it would have been nice to have some luigification (We'll have to play the game to see other differences). I honestly don't mind similar characters (I don't like using the term clone anymore, because it just sounds iffy) and in the case of Lucina, it makes sense for those who played the game. Sakurai even admitted that was the reason he originally considered having her as a costume swap. Just like it does Falco to Fox, Luigi to Mario, Toon Link to Link. The only time I don't like it is when someone like Ganondorf is similar to Captain Falcon because it isn't accurate to him and he has a huge arsenal of moves and potential to create that would make for a great fighting style and to really feel like Ganondorf or if it's just a glorified costume swap or one not many people want (dr. mario and dark pit). What I mean by that is dark pit and dr. mario just feel odd having as playable characters while some like Falco, Toon Link or Lucina feel more natural. And because I felt other similar characters would have been better choices. (Bringing back Lucas or Wolf for example.)

She was a character many people wanted, a character that represents a huge moment in Fire Emblems history, and to me a character that is in a way sort of an icon for the series new beginning. She's been on a lot of advertisements, had some dlc dedicated to the character, appeared on the amiibo concept image during the e3 2014 direct (Which to me shows how well liked the characters shown on it are, but also how much of an impact those series had.) Also was one of many guest specialized armors for your own character in Monster Hunter Frontier G along with Chrom. While anything can change, it wouldn't surprise me to see her reappear in Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem or a future Fire Emblem game (A good analogy I feel would be of the impact Lucario has had for a new pokemon and how Game Freak likes the character a lot. I feel it's the same thing with Lucina among the Intelligent Systems staff). And also remember, relevancy means nothing for a character getting cut or not appearing as that didn't stop Ike from coming back or Sheik.

Not to mention, Gematsu was blown to smithereens and the ending with Chrom was hilarious. (I do feel bad for the Chrom fans though) It was the best trailer in my eyes and surpassed the Little Mac trailer due to the nice art style and the surprise factor. I also like how the blade does equal damage in all parts of it as I didn't really like Marth's much more complex and harder to master tip of the blade style and after hearing the changes he got makes me like Lucina's style even more.

I do have Fire Emblem Awakening, but I have yet to play, but can't wait to when I get the chance. I do feel if she returns in the next Smash game and I think she will (Even though anything can change) and she would get some luigifications.
:4robinm:/:4robinf::95 Easily one of the best surprises for a reveal ever. When I saw him/her get revealed, I was ecstatic. Robin just seemed like such an interesting choice after reading so much about him/her and the fact so many people wanted them in. The magic playstyle is genius and finally a non-sword only moveset user for a fire emblem rep. I like that there's a limit for how many times the main sword can be used or how many times tomes can be used before they regenerate. Nice complexity and strategy which adds a new dimension never seen before in Smash. A very welcome addition and one the represents a new groundbreaking Custom avatar feature to the Fire Emblem series. Also, cool to have a move that can heal you as well.
:4shulk::90 While I have yet to play Xenoblade Chronicles (I would love to get my hands on the game after seeing some of Chuggaconroy's lp of Xenoblade) I think Shulk is a very welcoming audition and a worthy one at that. I think his playstyle is very intriguing with the ability to swap between different arts and the fact he has long reach with the Monado, which is cool. Not only that, but other users here summed it up best with how he's the equivalent of the Marth of Xenoblade because of how it's a new series on the rise and one that is critically acclaimed by many. The series is getting a sequel and a game on the New 3ds as well, so I think the arrow is pointing up for the series.
Like Villager, I think Shulk will be a staple to the Smash bros. games to come even though anything can change. I liked the trailer a lot to. Its just a shame that the leaker had to ruin some of the hype though which is why I dock 10%. But still, an awesome newcomer.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
:4lucina:-99.9%
Lucina was one of my most wanted newcomers for Smash 4, and when the trailer revealing her started, I immediately got worried, because I hated the idea of Chrom playable in Smash, but thankfully that wasn't the case. I don't even mind her being a clone, as I love clones more than one would think, and it fits her, since she does impersonate Marth. Also, she not only defeated Gematsu and deconfirmed Chrom, but she "challenge her fate" and came from planned to be an alt. to being fully playable, completely "changing her destiny." Her two quotes really fit her, don't you think? ;)

:4robinm:/:4robinf:-98%
The final nail in the coffin for both Gematsu and Chrom. That, and their reveal was perfect and they do represent something different than the average swordsman, magic. Possibly we're getting on our way to having other weapon classes now?

:4shulk:-95%
My 2nd favorite trailer so far. Although we didn't see a veteran reveal with his trailer, we did get to see how awesome Shulk's moveset was, being all stance-changing, but with the reveal of Shulk we also got Gaur Plains as our Xenoblade stage, which I couldn't agree more with, and we know some really great music is going to be played there.

LucinaSuitSamus

Smash Cadet
:4lucina: - 85%
I admit, I extremely disliked Lucina in Awakening, but I was so excited and happy when revealed for Smash 4. I'm a Fire Emblem fan, and the more representation we get, the better! The only thing that disappoints me is her clone status.

She has SO MUCH to pull from! Different battle stance, moves... speaking of which, her moveset should resemble Chrom. Because Lucina even said herself she learned her playing style from her father which (obviously) was Chrom. Yes, she pretended to BE Marth, but fought like her father.

:4robinm: - 95%
Robin's a really great addition to the Smash roster! It's extremely exciting! He's our VERY FIRST Fire Emblem character that is neither a blue haired swordsman (Marth, Ike, Lucina) or a clone (Roy)!

I would've said 100%, but my absolutely FAVORITE character from Awakening was Severa. And her chances were so slim, you might've well said she had a 0% chance of getting in. And of course, I liked her mother Cordelia too, but even Cordelia's chances were extremely low. And then there's Tharja... xD.

The BEST part though? I've never believed in Gematsu. And Robin being revealed (along with Lucina) completely shut him down! That's not to say other parts of the leak won't be true (nod to the first newcomers revealed).

:4shulk: - 70%
I've never played Xenoblade Chronicles before, but I must say, I really am liking Shulk!

I love British accents, and he's a pretty handsome (along with one AMAZING alternate costume).

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:4lucina:Lucina: 80%
Didn't like the idea of having her at first (note: I've never played Fire Emblem) but I've started to soften up to her. Hopefully she'll have more attributes that makes her not as much as a clone as Marth.

:4robinm::4robinf:Robin: 90%
Again, never played Fire Emblem but so far Robin is looking great. He has a lot of great attacks (such as the one that steals health), and I think it's great that you can also play as the female version.

:4shulk:Shulk: 90%
Never played Xenoblade but Shulk looks pretty good. His abilities look very useful and I love his alt costumes.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Here we go. My two most wanted newcomers. Fair warning...I'm probably gonna gush a little.

:4robinm:Robin:4robinf:: 100% (No change)
I was among everyone expecting a Shulk reveal yesteday, but I hoped Sakurai and the gang would throw us a curveball and wow, did they deliver. Robin is looking to be everything I'd hoped he'd be: a spellsword with a massive repertoire of tomes and a playstyle that encourages, well, thinking like a tactician.

The Gematsu leak may have been accurate at some point, but now its entire second half is brought into question and we can freely speculate once more without it hanging overhead. And who better to disprove it than someone who surmounted fate time and time again?
I remember it took at least a week for it to finally settle in. Robin made it!? Holy ****!

It's still incredible. The trailer was masterfully done, Robin's moveset is loaded with creativity (And we haven't even seen the alternate specials yet!), and incorporates a durability mechanic that both represents Fire Emblem and fits the character perfectly from a thematic standpoint.

There's a personal connection as well, and more than just the avatar role Robin has in Awakening. For as much as some people have said Robin's personality didn't match up with their own...it really struck a chord with me. You see, I've realized in the last year and a half that I'm pretty tactical, myself: I always work better when I have a plan and feel like I have control over my situation. At the same time, though, I'm nowhere near the cold, calculating, and unfeeling logical types you usually see: my emotions are really strong, I have issues with anxiety and jumping to conclusions, and I care a lot about my friends and the people around me.

So for me to see a character who wins battles through always being a step ahead, who defeats a mastermind villain not by being too stubborn to fall for their plans but instead by out-gambitting them, and who also cares so much about his allies that he refuses to let them die if at all possible? Robin may be a fictional character and all...but playing as him helped me realize my own personality is more than some incompatible mishmash of parts.

And now, thanks to Sakurai, I'm looking forward to playing a character whose moveset, playstyle, and personality resonate with me more than any other could.

:4lucina: Lucina: 65% (Changed from 70%)
...Along with someone who transcended time itself in order to challenge it?

To be honest, I didn't think Lucina had a chance. I though she was too much of a spoiler for a game that'd only been out internationally for barely over a year. I thought it was really unlikely we'd see four characters from Fire Emblem. Wow, was I ever wrong. >_>

Yes, I'm a little disappointed in how she's looking to be a Marth clone, but it's a little more forgivable since it does make some sense due to being a descendant of Marth and masquerading as him for a while. I feel like it's too early to jump the gun and act like she's a full on copy of Marth, since we've hardly seen her in action. We even already know that she doesn't have Marth's tipping mechanic, and the people in the Lucina subforum are already finding some differences. She could end up being another Toon Link: his moveset is similar to regular Link's on the surface, but because of those small changes and because of other aspects of him, he plays very differently from regular Link.

Plus, we have no idea what her variant specials are. If hers are different from Marth's, it'd be one more way to help them play differently.
The shock of July 14th has worn down, so Lucina isn't as much of a surprise now as she was. The feeling of "dammit, she's a clone" settled in and took away some of the hype...but then I remember she was a bonus and didn't "steal" a roster spot, and it doesn't die down by much.

We haven't seen any live gameplay of her yet, but we haven't even had to for me to feel better about her. Everything I've heard about the demo points toward E3 being no fluke and Marth truly feeling very different this time around. The glimpse we saw of Lucina in the July trailer made her look closer to the fast and agile playstyle Marth used to have...and if it holds true, she won't feel much like the new Marth at all. And we still haven't seen her alternate specials yet...or even her Final Smash.

So, yes, she's a clone...but she still has a chance to feel distinct.

:4shulk:Shulk: 85%

I haven't shown a whole lot of support for Shulk, beyond my sig and a couple mentions here in RTC. I've had a lot onmy plate between here, elsewhere online, and real life, and I felt like other character threads needed my input more than Shulk's did.

Not to say I didn't care about him, though. He was my second most wanted newcomer, after all. I just never showed much hype for him since he was all but expected for the months leading up to his reveal.

I will say this, though: I'm really interested in his playstyle. The Monado Arts lend tactical depth to his moveset...and if you've read this far, you already saw how I'm better at strategic playstyles than ones reliant on split second reflexes. That, combined with the absurd range on the attacks we saw, gives him a niche within the sword users that keeps him from feeling redundant like some were fearing would happen.

His cover got blown early by the leak, but despite that, I'm really feeling it.

...What? I couldn't not say it. >_>

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
:4robinm:/:4robinf: - 100%. He is without doubt my most beloved newcomer and will certainly be the character that I intend to main upon release. His reveal was the most gloriously hype moment of the entire Smash 4 build-up for me (watching it still gives me chills) and is a moment I'll remember for a long time. A great character from a great game with what looks to be an exceptionally great moveset. :grin:

:4lucina: - 95%. She was my most wanted newcomer and she got in. I could complain about her not having a unique moveset, but I won't because ultimately I don't care and the fact that flipping Lucina is in the game matters more to me than not having another unique set of sword attacks. If I end up liking how she plays, she will definitely be my secondary. I'm really glad she made it in. :grin:

:4shulk: - 80%. I'd never heard of Shulk or Xenoblade Chronicles prior to the Gematsu leak (so I wasn't exactly hyped for his inclusion), but damn, he looks cool. And he's British, which is fantastic. :grin: His moveset looks excellent and I'd really like to see how he plays in more depth.

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
:4lucina:: 80% The fact that she only seemingly have one difference from Marth disappoints me but I sometimes have trouble with the tipper so her playstyle will appeal to me. THat and she is my waifu in the game.:3
:4robinm::4robinf:: 100% I will admit I thought it was a pipe dream for them to come. I was so surprised to see them in my phone there. It's just so awesome to see them when you thought they had no chance.
:4shulk:: 95% When I saw the leaked footage, I was underwhelmed. The trailer changed everything. He has a fantastic moveset and brings great music, characters, etc. -5% because of the same reason as Palutena.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Not sure about the others, but
:4robinm:100% satisfied, and I'm just glad that so far he is good, as he was my most wanted newcomer, so I'm just happy he is in Smash.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Alright, it's the last day of the last rating... supposedly... so I'm going to be very critical, right?

Last time I rated Lucina and Robin, I hadn't even seen their trailer yet. I was stuck in almost youtube-less China :laugh:
I had only heard that Chrom made an appearance, and was deconfirmed. And that it had Lucina, Captain Falcon, and Robin. Lucina was a clone, and Robin had tomes like Nosferatu. That was a hard wait.
Well, that was a great trailer, my opinions on them went up.

:4lucina:Lucina "Wakes her blade?!": 100% "This is no time to rest. I'll fight at your side!":4lucina:

Yep. 100% for a clone.
My look on newcomers is, I want them a certain amount, and their moveset/design will change how much I like them positively or negatively, depending on how they're made. For clones, nothing changes. I am satisfied with them the same as how I wanted them. For Lucina, I had always wanted her 99-100%, and the amazing trailer only solidified that 100%.
Also, it's who she's a clone of. MARTH.
My 2 favorite characters in Brawl are :marth: and :zerosuitsamus:
And I haven't put really any time into trying to master his tipper. I like playing offensively. Fast and aggressive >:)
The only things I could have possibly wanted from Marth was
+A longer sword
+Equal strength throughout sword
+Faster
+Less landing Lag
+Better Aerial Game
+More distance in recovery
Not that he ever was super laggy or was slow. Not at all. But, Lucina's been pretty much confirmed to have the first 4. I'm not sure she'll have a better aerial game, but if the other 4 are true, it would makes sense. And I have no idea how her recovery distance is going to be compared to Marth's, but she's probably lighter(because she's shorter and faster--and also likely less powerful than an average hit for Marth, still weaker than the tipper and stronger than the base), so it would also make sense.

But that's just the last percent of love she gets from want to satisfaction. The rest comes from her amazing character in Awakening.
She's so cool :shades:
:love:

:4robinm:Robin "Brings the Thunder!": 100% "Time to tip the scales!" :4robinf:
He brought the thunder, and then some!

"Wow, you have so many tomes!"
He sure does- Arcfire, Thunder, Nosferatu, Thunder, Elwind, Thunder, and... Thoron!
That's great, but that's not enough for a 100...
"Which is why I carry my Levin Sword!"
What?! You were just holding that little Bronze Sword! How?
"I am no ordinary swordsman!"
Ain't that the truth.
A character with multiple swords that run out, which apparently come back in about the time it takes for Rosalina to get her Luma back! That's fast!
And not only that, but apparently he loses and gains back his tomes too. And as we've found out recently, he can do Smashes... IN THE AIR!
I knew it was going to be alright, and that he'd be a worthy opponent, but he might be the most powerful foe in Smash 4!

Of my 5 favorite newcomers, he was the one I supported the least. I gave him a 67% and an 80% want the 2 times I was here when we rated him iirc. That just goes to show how ecstatic I am about how he was implemented and revealed. That moveset is amazing! ...And strategic!
Also, Chrom had to get his chance another day, and Gematsu was proven not final. And Chrom looks great too, I like all those Smash pictures of him and female Robin :p
Oh yea, the female alt, right as they dropped the bomb with Chrom's role, they came back for another, bam, another playable character- female Robin :4robinf:
Now, I usually prefer female characters, but with Robin, I think I'm going to stick with :4robinm:, I like his design slightly more- same with :4villager:

Now it's Shulk time!
:4shulk:Shulk "Foresees a Fight!": 100% "I'm really feeling it!"

First off, I want to compliment how closely his model resembles his Xenoblade model. Like, the face. Characters like Palutena, while very well-modeled/well-designed, have somewhat new designs. This is great and all, but there was nothing wrong with the old one.
Also, the leak didn't hurt the hype. Think of it this way, people thought he might be some sort of Marth/Link/Roy semi-clone from the video. Look how much better a trailer is compared to a leak. I'm sure his satisfaction will be higher than his most recent want score affected by the leak, but I'm not so sure about his want score before that.

"This is the Monado's power!"
I love the range. And that switch mechanic is very unique. I think it will be very useful, and he'll be great.
I love how they're taking the concept of a swordsman and mixing it up to make it into some of the most unique characters ever in Smash. Using his lighter faster power at the beginning, and shield when he gets around the percentage where he can get KO'd. I think this will work great, and like Robin, I don't fully get it yet so I'm excited to try it myself.

I wish I could write more, but I have don't have time!

I usually don't give triple 100%s, actually, I never have for newcomer satisfaction. And I'm not doing it to be nice or something, these really are all prefect characters to me.

[collapse=final satisfaction]
:rosalina:100%
:4palutena:100%
:4robinm:100%
:4shulk:100%
:4lucina:100%
[Bowser Jr will go here]
:4greninja:94%
:4wiifit:85%
:4villager:82%
:4megaman:81%
:4pacman:80%
:4littlemac:54%
:4mii:1%[/collapse]

Yes, yes it would.

Hah! I was just about to ask for this! That's awesome!

Hacksorus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hacksorus
3DS FC
2664-2171-8516
Lucina: 75%

While I'm not her biggest fan out there, I like her. They could have just not put her in at all, so I think it's cool that Sakurai did this, even if she's just a clone.

Robin: 100%

The only newcomer I ever asked for. For at least a year before he was revealed, I insisted whenever the conversation came up that he would be perfect for Smash. I'm surprised he didn't have more supporters. When he was actually revealed I couldn't believe it. He's pretty much better than I could have imagined. Thank you, Samurai.

Shulk: 79%:

Never played the game but he looks really cool. -1% for his stupid accent.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As some extra celebration of my excitement for this game and all it's characters, here's some legendary quotes.

"Let's get fired up. 1, 2, 3!" - Wii Fit Trainer
:4wiifit:

"It's your time, Mac. Show 'em what you've got, baby!" - Doc Louis
"The punch is mightier than the sword!" - Doc Louis
:4littlemac:

"This fighter from Hyrule is quite impressive indeed...for a mere mortal." - Palutena
:4palutena:

"This is no time for me to rest. I'll fight by your side!" - Lucina
"Smash has many powerful foes, Lucina. But I am no ordinary swordsman!" - Robin
"I can only use [my tomes] so many times. Which is why I carry my Levin Sword!" - Robin'
:4lucina::4robinm::4robinf:

"I'm really feeling it!" - Shulk
"Now it's Shulk time. This is the Monado's Power!" - Shulk
:4shulk:

Happy rating, everyone!
It has been fun.

Last edited:

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
:4lucina: 30% When she was first shown and I realized what she was, I just kinda shrugged since I figured she'd have SOMEthing different to offer over Marth. Since then, I've been given no reason to believe she will be anything more than "Marth without tipper" which in my opinion is what makes Marth even fun in the first place. Why was REMOVING something from another character a factor in promoting from an alt costume? I can't imagine Lucina mains will play her TOO much differently from Marth mains. I still like Lucina and the nods she has to her game, and if she ends up with significantly different stats from Marth then okay, fine, whatever, but so far I've only gotten more unimpressed with the decision to include her outside of her originally intended Marth alt. I feel for Alph supporters.
:4robinm: :4robinf:95% I caught a bad case of Gematsu-itis a few weeks before Robin was announced. The leak was 8 for 11, comment boards on other sites were asking for Chrom shortly after Ike's reveal, and it just seemed that we'd be doomed to another standard FE swordsman while the series's bundles of weapons went to waste once again. I was ready for it to just up and happen already. The trailer loaded up, it was Fire Emblem, and that should have been that. "Wait...what? Lucina? With a question mark? Wait, woah...YESSSSS" Finally, a mage emerges from Fire Emblem! And thanks to his non-legendary weapons, we also have an FE character that features its interesting weapon durability system, which should hopefully bring some interesting, thoughtful gameplay. Robin is everything I wanted from him and more. Thank you so much for recognizing his potential Sakurai. I do have to dock 5 points for no hair changes though. You gave it to villager; why not Robin?
:4shulk: 85% "IT'S SHULK TOIME!"(So many people hatin' on Howden's portrayal tho...) I missed out on Xenoblade when it was the new hotness. I'd just gotten my shiny new 3DS and was more interested in filling that library up despite really wanting Xenoblade before. Fast forward to this year and I had a used game discount coupon from Gamestop for my birthday and I said, why the heck not? He'll probably be in Smash: may as well see what he can do.
THE MONADO IS SO COOL THO!

I really really like Shulk as a character so far in the game, his Smash self features his mot prominent abilities along with that BEAUTIFUL laser sword and all its enchantments, and he just looks solid and fun to play. But good lord it's a little disappointing that the Monado's signiature ability to see the future is relegated to yet ANOTHER counter attack. SO MANY NEWCOMERS HAVE A COUNTER GEEZ. 6 OF EM.

Final List Pre-release!
:4megaman::4pacman:= 100%
:4villager::4robinm::4robinf:= 95%
:4littlemac::4shulk:= 85%
:4palutena:=75%
:rosalina::4greninja:=70%
:4wiifit:=60%
:4lucina:=30%
:4mii:=20%

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Lucina - 50%. The definition of ambivalence. I like the idea of an easy-mode Marth, but from the way it sounds, she's a ton more similar than even Roy was. Seems like a waste when she could've at least been quicker or something.

Robin - 60%. Sounds interesting, but I doubt I'll pick him/her up given how complicated they seem, and that I don't have any particular attachment to the series.

Shulk - 80%. I couldn't've cared much less about his inclusion up through the ESRB leak. But that trailer was fantastic, and the mode swapping and dat range sound ridiculously fun. He'll easily be my favorite swordsman of the bunch (though that admittedly isn't saying much, given how little I cared for Link, Marth, and Meta Knight's playstyle).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Lucina - 50%. The definition of ambivalence. I like the idea of an easy-mode Marth, but from the way it sounds, she's a ton more similar than even Roy was. Seems like a waste when she could've at least been quicker or something.
I believe she might actually be a little quicker than Marth by default. However, I think it doesn't mean much since custom equipment means we can essentially fix Marth up to move faster, like he should.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Suggestion for September 11: ???:

How bout we vote on best character trailer?

D

Deleted member

I'll keep it short. Work killed my free time today.

:4lucina: Lucina - 80%

:4robinm: Robin - 95%

:4shulk:Shulk - 100%

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Palutena- 97%
Mega Man- 95%
Robin - 95%
Villager- 90%
Little Mac- 87%
Pac-Man-85%
Rosalina- 80%
Greninja- 79%
Shulk- 78%
Lucina - 68%
Wii Fit Trainer- 38%
Mii Fighters- 38%

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Unfortunately I do not have much time, so here are my ratings -

Lucina: 55%
Shulk: 100%

Burigu

Smash Ace
Lucina :4lucina:: 90%
I have strongly dissagreed with Dark Pit and Dr. Mario's addition due to them being cheap clones, but Lucina just get free pass because of umfatomable bias on my part, I am not against clones and Lucina has an unique model. My bias for her is so hard that 90% is what I am giving her. FIRST AND SECOND MOST WANTED NEWCOMERS in the game!

Robin:4robinm::4robinf:: 90% another likeable great addition to the roster and also unexpected, loved FEA

Shulk :4shulk:: 90% became a fan a couple of months ago, crossing fingers for Xenoblade 3ds getting localized and not being NEW 3ds exclusive.

So far
:4palutena:: 100%
:4lucina::4robinf::4shulk:: 90%
:4greninja:: 80%
:rosalina:: 78%
:4pacman:: 71%
:4megaman:: 70%
:4wiifit::4littlemac:: 60%
:4villager:: 50%
:4mii:: 2%

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
As some extra celebration of my excitement for this game and all it's characters, here's some legendary quotes.

"This fighter from Hyrule is quite impressive indeed...for a mere mortal." - Palutena

"I can only use [my tomes] so many times. Which is why I carry my Levin Sword!" - Robin'

Happy rating, everyone!
It has been fun.
What? Come on, that's the one you use for Palutena? How about:

"Many worthy foes have gathered here.
And I won't hold back on anyone.
"

also
"It's going to be alright ...

TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!
"
:4robinf::4robinm:

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What? Come on, that's the one you use for Palutena? How about:

"Many worthy foes have gathered here.
And I won't hold back on anyone.
"

also
"It's going to be alright ...

TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!
"
:4robinf::4robinm:
I personally prefer "Oh, I'm not here to save you, Pit..."

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Happy rating, everyone!
It has been fun.
"Wakka wakka!" - Pac-Man

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Lucina - 50%
I've never had problem with clones, heck I usually prefer them over their original counterparts, though lucina doesn't seem anything interesting, just an easier to play marth can't say or rate more till I give her a go
Robin - 100%
Robin (as well as Lucina) came as a complete surprise, Even more so seeing how I found it impossible for 4 fire emblem reps, and robin took the storm with him, fantastic trailer and opening, interesting and strongly representing his series, and a playstyle that requires some management (those tombs will fail when you need them most). Not sure if i'll ever be good with him, but dam he's an great character
Shulk - 100%
Hey an character that's on my most wanted list for once, he had a pretty great presentation and a interesting gimmick, stance-changing could give an edge against a lot of opponents getting past the learning curve, though the main reason I'm satisfied with him is this we'll be getting xenoblade representation, and all you need to listen to is "you will know our names" (just check back, some people already posted it) to know why I'm pumped for more.
[Collapse=satisfaction chart]
In order-
Amazing inclusions:
:4megaman:-100%
:4villager:-100%
:4robinm::4robinf:
-100%
:4littlemac:-100%
-100%
:4pacman: -95%
Okay/accepted
:rosalina:-60%
Neutral/indifferent
:4greninja:-55%
-50%
:4lucina:
-50%
:4wiifit:-50%
Not liked/groaned over
:4mii: -40%
Overall I'll definitely say I'm satisfied with the newcomer this round, overall half of the confirmed ones went like I imagined or (like most) went better than I thought, the other half while lesser or feel they don't add much still make the roster more unique. And don't detract from it at all
I can say that things are going to be great.
[/Collapse]

Last edited:

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
He tipped the scales all right, and for that he can get my Highest rating. I was truly happy the day robin lived and gematsu died.

Lucina: 95%
To be honest, its a combination of things that got her up this high. I liked lucina in FEA, I like marth but I suck at tipping, I really like her trailer, and finally I have a reason to back up roy not coming back. If your angry at this comment, you probably are too set on nostalgia and need to just let go already, his game is only in japan and sakurai said he was boring.

Shulk: 70%
Meh, he looks cool. Hever played Zenoblade, never was a fan of the idea.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Lucina: 90%, very excited to use her, wasn't expecting her so it was a pleasant surprise.

Robin: 80%, another one in excited for. Not much to say.

Shulk: 65%, he's cool but I'm not real excited about him. Pretty indifferent.

Groose

Smash Champion
So, just saw that there's supposed to be some site maintenance starting really soon. Not sure if I'll be able to get the update posted. I'll try my best, but I may not be able to update the day until tomorrow afternoon!

andimidna

Smash Master
Suggestion for September 11: ???:

How bout we vote on best character trailer?
I like this idea.
Or maybe voting for 5 characters we think could be on the final roster not part of the leak?
Or voting on what's going to be revealed the next day in the Stream on the 12th? (Similar to pre-Smash Direct?)

Idk, for all I know Groose already has something planned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom