• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Hey guys I'm back!!

Tag Team:
Chance: 99% - I saw what I'm positive is tag team in the 3DS trailer. It had "Green Team" vs "Red Team" I think it was. To my knowledge I think that's what Project M is doing that, so it's certainly able to be done.
Want: 100% - That sounds awesome

At :46 in this video:

This might not be the exact same thing as mentioned, but it seems like some type of tag-team. We also see the Homerun/Target/Bomb thing in this trailer, so we see modes before they are announced.

Theater stage:
Chance: 10% - One Paper Mario Stage might be all we get
Want: 100% - I'd love to see that stage.

Nominations:
Idolm@ster Character x 5

Predictions:
Sami - 11%
Warrior of Light - 0.7%

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Tag Team Battles
Chance: 10%
I feel like this kind of thing would have been shown to us a lot earlier if it was a thing.
Want: 0%
I feel like this kind of thing would make it easy to make unfair escapes.

The Theatre Stage
Chance: 70%
Seems likely but there are other options the developers might have chosen.
Want: 60%
Cool idea for a stage, but there's a lot of super cool places in Paper Mario 2 that I would rather see as a stage.

EDIT: nominate villains trailer x5

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Tag Team Battles Likelihood: 5%
Want: 75%

The Theatre Likelihood: 10%
Want: 50%

Karate Joe x5

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Tag-Team
chance 15%
want 50%

There's a small chance of there being more options/modes and tag-team being it. After all he hasn't revealed every single new mode, he has slowly revealed some but i'm not counting on it happening.

Theater Stage
chance 20%
want 50%

I think there is a decent chance to get another Paper Mario Stage, one for the wii u but specifically the theater? That's the hard park to predict, maybe a rotating stage with the theater but I'll say it's a decent possibility.

x5 Starman

Predict:
Sami- 7%
Warrior- 1.75%

andimidna

Smash Master
Tag-Team Battles:
Chance: 5%
Just going to steal what other people said.
This probably would have been shown sooner.
I think there's a chance they're waiting to show some Wii U exclusive stuff until after Smash 3ds is selling tho

Want: 85%
Neat sounding mechanic.

Theater Stage:
Chance: 20%
If Paper Mario is playable he'll probably have a Wii U stage. And I'd give that about a 25% chance, but I'm not certain this would be the one.
Sounds like a stage I wouldn't use, but it also sounds deserving enough so... eh? alright.

Pre:
Sami!: 10%
Not really sure on this one. I just know that Andy will be coming up a lot tomorrow :p
Warrior thing: 0.23%
dunno

x3 Cia
x2 Lana
I hope one of them doesn't get deconfirmed on August 14th, cause at this rate I'll get them rated on like the 17th... help?
I have 10 extra noms saved up but I want to use that to push them to the top when they're closer... maybe I'll have to split them up.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Tag Team Battles

Chances - 12%

Want - 0%

Don't see it happening and I would rather have two on two fights simultaneously.

Theater Stage Paper Mario

Chances - 5%

Want - 0%

We already got a Paper Mario stage so I am set.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
The theatre:
Chance: 8%

I doubt we will see a Paper Mario stage on the Wii U unless we get Paper Mario.

Eh, I like the name... that's something, right?

Tag Team battles:

Chance: 16%

It just doesn't seem like something they would add at this point. but hey, you never know.

Want: 100%

I've been wishing they would add a feature like this since brawl.

Sami: 8%
Warrior: .55%

Nominating Galacta Knight x5

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Tag Team Battles - 25%
While I'm not sure it's likely, I don't see why Sakurai couldn't/wouldn't. SSE did something similar by having you rotate between a set of characters when KO'd, so it's not like controlling different characters in one match is unprecedented. I do agree it's probably something we should have heard of by now, but could this sneak into the game anyway? Absolutely.
Want - 100% - I've always enjoyed all-random matches, this sounds even better.

Theater Stage (Paper Mario) - 1%
Going to lean very low here because we've already gotten a Paper Mario stage and have no sign of Paper Mario himself being included. I can't imagine getting another Paper Mario stage without him being a newcomer, and even if that were to occur and we got another stage in that theme, there's no guarantee it would be the theater.
Want - 50% - It's rare specific stage ideas excite me; this one's no different.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The Extra Nominations post has been updated.

Ratings tomorrow.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
tag battles:
If I remember correctly, this actually quite similar to subspace emissary lives sy. regardless, I think Sakurai is always trying to add new features like this. It wouldnt even be that hard.
Chances: 45%
Yeah this sounds awesome. Imagine what this could do for tournaments.
Theater Stage:
Chances: Didnt we just get a paper mario stage? I dont think we will get another one. 10%
Want: 0%
Don't really need it.

Noms:
Shulk AT x 5

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Tag battles: 15%
As others have noted, this idea was used in the Subspace Emissary. There is a chance it could be a secret new mode, but I'm not holding my breath.

Don't see any reason to dislike it. It is a good idea.

Theatre Stage: 5%
I really don't expect this of all places in Paper Mario to be picked.

But what do you know... it sounds like an awesome idea for a stage. Interactive audience and stage props which can fall and hurt you sound interesting.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Tag Team Battles - 30%

Yeah, this concept was used in the Subspace Emissary, so I'm sure Sakurai had thought about it again at some point. While it would've made a bit more sense for it to have been announced by now. we still don't know much about the modes in general aside from basic multiplayer battles, Smash Run and that one new Target breaking mini-game (forgot what that one was about exactly) so it's definitely still got a decent chance. With that said, there's currently nothing that hints towards such a mode being more likely in than not either.

Want - 100%

I really like this idea, it'd be a great way to mix things up in what would otherwise be a regular multiplayer battle.

Theater stage - 10%

I suppose it's more of a gut feeling than anything else, but I don't really think they'd go for this stage among other Paper Mario stages. That is...if we even get another Paper Mario stage.

Want - 95%

I'd actually really like this. Colorful background, a crowd cheering for certain players, with a few strange but funny hazards, all of it containing the Paper Mario-style charm. Don't even get me started on the music. The Thousand Year Door has some of the best music I've ever heard in any video game ever. But there are a few other places from TTYD as well as SPM that I'd kind of like to see as well.

Outset Toon Link x5

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Tag Team Battles:

Chance: 20%. The way I'm seeing this is it works like the Subspace Emissary, where you swap characters after being KO'd, which could be a strain on the game's hardware considering you'd basically load maybe 12 characters at once. It feels like an addition we would have seen by now.

Want: 100%. I myself would love to see this.

Paper Mario Theater Stage:

Chance: 20%. I would love to see this stage. However, there are problems with it. One, the fact that the 3DS Paper Mario stage has parts representing multiple games. Either it means the 3DS stage is the only Paper Mario stage we'll get, or it's available on both versions of the game. Stemming from the previous issue, a stage representing on game in the series seems unlikely considering the approach they took with the 3DS stage. Perhaps it could be a Theater with elements and props from all over the PM series as well?

Want: 100%. I love The Thousand Year Door and Paper Mario in general, so this would be an awesome addition. However, as I mentioned before, I would rather have the 3DS stage appear on both versions.

--------- Nominations:

Villains Trailer x2
Jill Valentine x3

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Tag Team Battles: 25%
Can't really see a reason why not to do it, Project M is already pulling it off as is, it was possible to do it in Brawl. This is purely chalked up to "If they want to do it".

So many fun things that could come from this!

Paper Theater Stage: 15%
This could happen in two ways. Either it's a part of the 3DS stage, serving as one of the many areas the stage transitions to, or it serves as a Paper Mario stage on the Wii U. There is nothing pointing to either of those at the moment, but it's a perfectly good possibility for a stage.

Why not?

Predictions:
Sami: 14%
Might be a bit higher then Andy. Not by much though.
Warrior of Light: .3%
HA! No.

D

Deleted member

Tag team battles

Chance 15%
Want: 65%

Paper Mario Theater

Want: 55%

Nomination

Marshal x5

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Tag Team Battles
Farfetched fan idea imo

Why not?

Paper Mario Theathre:
This is if a theathre transformation in the 3DS version doesn't count.
If it does, please tell me by quoting/tagging me.
I'll change my rating accordingly

Paper Mario already has a stage and if we get another it might be something else.

Why not?

Predictions
Sami: 12.2%
Warrior of Light: 0.4%

Nominations:
Mega Mewtwo Y x5

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Since I want to do this quick (reading this thread makes make not want to rate) and that I hate rating 50 for neutral, I will disdain all expect what I want to rate. (if I can't, put 50 everywhere else and know that I hate to do that anyway).

The theater stage

Chances: 75%

This is honestly very hard to rate because it's a SPECIFIC stage. I would have rated 85% if it was any WiiU stage, but this one being the logical choice, I still keep it high. I hate arbitrary numbers...

Ok, I won't go into details as to why I think the stage reveal has great chances to be a tease, but what I want to talk about is that this tease theory revolves on hiding a WiiU stage. See, the 3ds stage reveal made a WiiU stage very likely on the second picture. By repping TTYD on the 3ds, it shows how Sakurai wants to rep this series broader than just the most recent game. What this means is that considering the series being reputed to be memorable on the first 3 games, all consoles games, not seeing a WiiU stage while there's already repping on the other system is not something I call "consistent".

Not only that, but he even showed evidences of being aware of the general opinions which would includes this consistency. He did no mention of the game in the first picture while he explicitly did letter by letter on the second one. If you're not aware, this is mostly what people think of the series:

Sticker Star is the most hated and least appreciated by a good marge.
Spm has quite decent appreciation even if a minority loved it the most.
PM64 has great love and is considered to be the second best game of the series.

But the most appreciated is by far the same game he mentioned: TTYD.

From a series who had only trophies, mentioning the name in potd in a stage reveal is really something that is worth mentioning especially when he did not on sticker star. If he had only revealed the first picture, not only I would have no reasons to claim tease, but I would also have no reasons to claim that a WiiU stage is likely. It could have easily been like rainbow road, but that's not the case here.

If you're wondering why he would not talk about it, trailer setup. That happened before with Greninja, but is worth mentioning is those 2 cases are similar. Only one trailer that imo had to do it anyway showed a 3ds stage and it was the pac man one. No other trailers showed any 3ds stage and the character was mostly represented on WiiU stage. Even Little Mac got the complete tease strategy reveal via this. This is why the stage we got revealed would be 3ds while he hide the best part for the end. It already happened anyway.

As for the "TTYD on 3ds = not on WiiU", Pokemon league and Prism tower say hi (imo, this argument isn't funded). It even doesn't make sense to be obsoleted because it would have a totally different purpose anyway.

In fact, not hearing anything about this series now is a good thing, but sceptical shall remains until we know objectively if I was right.

Since it relies on teasing, I'll just tell what happened so far that resembles so much to be a tease that it's why I think it is one.
  • The point of teasing is to make a specific group of people (in this case, Paper Mario fans and most of his support thread) react. Yet, from the page 19 to around 25, several messages of reaction shows clearly how emotions came into play. In fact, you have to agree that it wasn't expected that much anyway.
  • The most used counterargument to deny this tease is NOT objective, but implied. Exactly what happened every time a teased happened and that is all because Sakurai did NOT mention an info or was unclear about it.
  • There's mostly scepticism about such a possibility, but since some people believe in this, it does make more talk in speculation (myself is of course included). The exact thing a tease should incite: talks and doubts.
  • No words about this. Tomorrow would be exactly 2 weeks and a direct is speculated to come soon. Seems too convenient if you include all the circumstances.
Basically, the same happened like every other teases, implying the truth, contradict the tease, deny, talks, stay stale for a while until the impossibility happens leaving anyone surprised. It was made to make person like me react (just the second picture is a giveaway). Because it includes a WiiU stage, and the theater being a very logical choice in terms of repping, that's why I think it's [pretty likely]. Even without playable, just the TTYD part on 3ds is enough to expect it to happen.

Want 100% (I shall enjoy your emotionless reaction, lol).

That's not surprising. I kept saying how much I want that stage SO BADLY. I've been cleared of the series rep worry so of course I can be 100% fine without it, but it doesn't change that I want to dream dammit. I'm playing TTYD lately and I can reconfirm you again, that stage make literally every battle enjoyable and even to the point of me wanting to do more. I've never experienced such desire in any RPG because most of them has quite standard battle recurrence and sometimes, needs mechanics to SIMPLIFY them or make them SHORTER. Here, it;s the complete opposite, you cannot get bored because of how much hazards, randomness and overall luck that requires a constant need to change your strategy while the core setup is practically the same. In ssb4, it would basically be an hazard fest and be random, but not constant that's for sure. Along with effects with the audiences (like taunting to make this work as an appeal to have more people and item throw), boss hazards (who honestly does NOT want Rawk Hawk or cortez?), environment hazards like spotlights falling to make dizzy and background changes that would significantly alter the overall hazards and randomness along with diverse visuals. It's a freaking FD like walk off stage and I can go infinite on the possibilities. Literally, having this stage is a dream coming true and as crazy as it sounds...

It might be the case...

I can only tell you one thing: If I'm right, that's way too crazy to realise it and if I'm wrong, no disappointment as I already got what I wanted as minimum. That's why I'm free to dream however I want without worrying about getting what I dream since it;s guaranteed that I'll be ok either way...

So, I'm ok if you rant about this (even by PM).

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys.

So, um... Metaknight confirmed or what? And I just realised that MK has a
metal face.... Metal Face confirmed! :troll:

Theatre stage:
Chance and Want: abstain.

I dunno. Maybe, maybe not.

Tag Team:
Chance: 25%
Probably not but not impossible.

Want: abstain
I dunno. Never played one before

Abstaining for predictions today.

Noms:
5 x villains trailer

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Tag Team Battles
This is a feature that I can't help but feel they would have talked about by now, especially in the Direct. Maybe it'll be a Wii U exclusive mode, so they'll announce it in between the release of the two versions? That's probably it's best bet, but I don't see it coming. It was used in SubSpace Emissary, but that's about all it has going for it

It'd be an awesome feature, but I certainly wouldn't be upset if it doesn't happen. I honestly never really thought of the concept until now, so I'm not overly attached to the idea
Theater Stage
It took us so long to get some sort of Paper Mario representation, I'd be extremely surprised if all of a sudden we got two stages for the series, especially with the two most recent entries being pretty unpopular (although Super Paper Mario is very divisive, but Sticker Star is almost universally hated), I'd be pretty surprised. It doesn't seem likely, unless we get Paper Mario as a full-fledged character, which isn't impossible, but not incredibly likely.

Want: 75%
I really support the idea of a playable Paper Mario, so a second stage dedicated to his games would pretty much guarantee his inclusion. Plus the stage would be really awesome and would have loads of potential
Nominations
Olimar Alternate Costume x3
Balance Patches x2

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Tag Team Battles

Chance - 5.75% - Maybe. To be certain, there's nothing holding the development team back if they wanted to do this. If they even thought of this, or wanted to do this, is the main question, which I think is unlikely.

Want - 60% - Seems like I cool idea, but I'm not all too attached to it.

Theater Stage

Chance - 1% if the Paper Mario stage transforming into this does not count, 65% if it does - The stage is a fairly iconic Paper Mario area, but I'm not certain if it has what it takes to be solo. We already have a stage that's a amalgamation of several of the games, so why not be a part of what's already there?

Want - 75% - Having the audience interact with the game? Cool!

Predictions

Sami - 12.89% - Can't see her doing better than Andy.

Warrior of Light - 0.02% - Doubtful for non-veteran third parties.

Nominations

"In the Space Pirate Ship" X5

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Theater chances: 20.5 %
I gave a 20 % rating for Paper Mario sooner so I give 20,5 % with 20 % for Paper Mario himself being playable (I'm not attached to the Paper Mario franchise but according to other posts it seems to be an important place in the series and an obvious choice as a stage) plus a bonus of 0,5 % if Sakurai REALLY wants to add a Paper Mario stage on the Wii U version despite Paper Mario being not playable. If he's not playable as a character it's highly unlikely to have this stage playable as well.

Theater want: abstain
I have no connection to the Paper Mario series so I won't give a want score.

Tag team battle chances: 18 %
Kinda arbitrary numbers, I'll give a 30 % chance for Sakurai considering the idea, and 60 % for implementing it in the final game (assuming he considered th idea). Also, the system has not been shown yet, but maybe it's an hidden surprise feature Sakurai doesn't want to talk about prior to game release, or he wants to talk about it during the last weeks before release.

Tag team battle want: 70 %
Fun idea, I have no real objection but I haven't think about it before today so I'm not very excited about rating this concept.

Predictions:
Sami : 9.80 %
Warrior of Light from Final Fantasy: 0.16 %

Nominating:
Playable newcomer: Magikarp x4
Concept: non-Fire Emblem franchise with exactly four playable reps x1

Last edited:

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Theater stage:
chance:30%
want:80%

tag team:
chance:10%
want:100%
You have know idea how much I want this.

Villains trailer x3
non-playable characters becoming playable via DLC x1
N rerate x1

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Theater Stage- 7.5%, The fact that the 3DS stage is covering multiple Paper Mario games makes it seem as though it may be the definitive Paper Mario stage, meaning we won't get another. However, there's a decent chance Paper Mario will be playable, and if he is, he's bringing a Wii U stage with him. Having played the first three Paper Mario games, I can say this is certainly the most likely stage to appear from them.

Want- 100%, More Paper Mario content is A-okay with me. The music would be great, and I think the size and layout of the map would be perfect for battling. The stage hazards that I imagine, such as the audience throwing items, set pieces falling or firing off, etc. would make battles more dynamic but wouldn't get in the way at all.

Tag-team Battles- 3%, It's an outlandish idea that hasn't been hinted at. I gave 3% because it makes me think of the CPU's in event matches or All-Star mode, so it is possible I guess.
Want- 35%, It'd be nice to try, but I'd probably not use it often. When it comes to the customization of match rules, I have other ideas I want implemented more.

City Trial Stage x5

Sami- 9%
Warrior of Light- 0.01%

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Tag Team... what is this, WWE?: 10%. Doubt it, but I guess there is a slight chance.
Want: 0%. Do not want.
The Muppet Theater... oops, wrong theater: 5%. Unless Paper Mario's playable, I highly doubt.
Want: 0%. I'm fine with the one we have.
Sami: 2.44%.
Warrior of Light: 0%.
Lief X5

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Love Stage!!: 13%

Is totally not what we're rating, but I like that series...

I think Paper Mario is already repped with a stage on the 3DS, it's already covering multiple games, most of which aren't on handheld, I don't think we're super likely to have another stage... that said this is probably the most likely choice if we have another.

With various locations covered in the Paper Mario stage, the Wii U stage would have to be different, and the options I see are either the theatre (referencing battles not locations) or to make the distinction of Paper Mario and Super Paper Mario... The latter is less likely imo (mainly because that leaves even fewer locations for the 3DS stage), but a dimension switching stage does sound like something Sakurai would be interested in... add in a few other options because Sakurai is unpredictable and stages are hard to rate find how things split... Of the maybe 20% change the Wii U even gets a Paper Mario stage I'm giving 65% that it's the theatre, 25% that it's Super Paper Mario, and a healthy 10% he surprises me... thus 13% chance

It would be pretty cool, but I think the 3DS got my Paper Mario stage hype already... at this stage it would just be a nice addition not a huge favourite... and I'd kind of like a Mario Party 9 stage more for a spin-off (a travelling stage fighting on the car would be awesome... far more so than Mario Parting on the car that's for sure..)

All-Star-Smash: 8%
This is basically that thing from the new Project M right? I don't think it'll happen, especially as Sakurai seems to be pushing the 'make it easy to learn your character' stuff with animations and all that... doesn't go with switching mid-battle to me.

But it'd be nice I guess, it's a feature that doesn't really excite me for P:M, but it could make some interesting waves in competative, and if it does I'm well up for it... no hype as is, because it's already going to be in P:M, and because it's not a feature that excites me right now, but the potential if it does take off is pretty high.

Sami: 2.21%
I do not understand this character at all... no idea! Why is she even a consideration?!

Warrior of Light: 0.21%
Goo have blot to be skidding me! Goo don't slurp-iously think this goo-man can get in before slime playable? Ooze goo-ing to vote for them?! If the goo-et so slush as 1% slime goo-ing to be goo-per slurp-rised!

Dargon Quest*5

Smasher 101, you can remove my extra noms, I've been keeping track and I've already used them... though if you want me to use them again for the sake of a Quest involving Dragons I'm more than happy too :p

Last edited:

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Tag team battles - I don't even know how this could work with Smash so I'm gonna abstain.

Theatre stage - Chance: 10%. I wouldn't say it's terribly likely to be honest, however I really don't know. Just depends on whether Paper Mario gets in or not I'd say. Also depends on how heavily they want to rep TTYD considering it's fairly old.
Want: 100%. I have a lot of fond memories growing up playing TTYD and the Paper Mario games certainly left their imprint on my childhood. Would be a fantastic edition and just think of the excellent music you could have on that stage.

Nominations: Villain trailer x5

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
@ Cheezey Bites Cheezey Bites removed you.

Theater: 10% - I'm not confident in another Paper Mario stage and I don't think this will be part of the one we have.
Want: 50% - Not bad but there are other areas I'd rather show off.

Tag Team: 5% - I think we would have seen this already.
Want: 80% - Never thought about this, but it sounds like something I'd like.

Sami prediction: 14.59%
Warrior of Light prediction: 0.86%

Karate Joe x5

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Tag Team Chance: 10% Doesn't seem like a mode Sakurai would implement if I had to be honest, I would probably need more game modes in Smash 4 in order for me to get confident about this type of mode.

Theater Chance: 25% Could happen, I personally think Sakurai will just find it generic and we sorta have a stage based on it platform-wise (Boxing Ring).

Nominations:
x5 Mother 3 Content Without Lucas

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Theater - 25% A little more than the same chance I give Paper Mario... if he is in, he will probably have this stage on the Wii U, and there's a slim chance it could be its own stage anyway.
Want - 100%

Tag Team - 7.5% It's not impossible, but there hasn't really been a demand for it.
Want - 50% this could be fun, but I don't anticipate it.

predict
Sami - 4%
Warrior of Light - 0.2%

nominate:
Marshal x5

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Theatre Stage

12% Chance- Seems unlikely. We already have a Paper Mario Stage already.

Want- 40% It would hilarious if the audience members would usually try to kill you or help you like in the Thousand Year Door.

Tag Team

33.33% chance- Seems likely, but I wouldn't hold my chance.

50% want- I'm iffy on this.

Predictions

Sami-1.56%

Warrior of Light-1.34%

Nominate Mother 3 Content without Lucas x5

ChazzzyF

Smash Cadet
Tag Team:
Chance: 99% - I saw what I'm positive is tag team in the 3DS trailer. It had "Green Team" vs "Red Team" I think it was. To my knowledge I think that's what Project M is doing that, so it's certainly able to be done.
Tag Team:

My guess on what @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club is talking about might be something else entirely. I think it might be a system that allows for you to create clans and do clan battles online. At least that is my guess for it anyway.

As for Tag Teams themselves, there's not much we have to go off of. Sakurai showed off a lot of 3DS modes during E3, and unless @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club is correct and that is Tag Teams, we didn't see it. That may hurt it's chances somewhat, but not entirely.

With that in mind, I give it…

Chance: 20%

Theater (Paper Mario):

Chance: 0% on it's own, 15% as part of the current Paper Mario stage

I think the current Paper Mario stage has killed off any hopes of this being a full stage. But there are even a few snags even if it is just a locale in the current Paper Mario stage. First, we already have representation from the Thousand Year Door, and unless I doubt they'd represent the same game twice when making a stage for the entire Paper Mario franchise. Plus, Sakurai said that strong winds are what causes the locations to change, and I feel like that would be harder to manage in an indoor environment like the theater, and the fact that both areas we know about currently (the Sticker Star area and the SS Flavion) are outdoors helps that argument.

I'd be an interesting location, but I don't really have much attachment to Paper Mario (not an RPG guy really), so I'm kinda indifferent.

Hey guys.

So, um... Metaknight confirmed or what? And I just realised that MK has a
metal face.... Metal Face confirmed! :troll:

I actually would take this as a confirmation of a few things. I think this probably does confirm Meta Knight in the same vein of Pac Man's trailer confirming Game and Watch, but I also think this definitely confirms that Sakurai is not officially confirming characters that you unlock in the game, and that Meta Knight will need to be unlocked when you get the game. All in all, this screenshot is awesome; it might even be the most revealing screenshot we've ever seen, because it gives us the knowledge of unlockables not being confirmed until the game comes out, which might let fans of Ness and Jigglypuff sleep a little more easily, as well as fans of other traditionally unlockable characters like the Star Fox characters, Ganondorf, and so on.

Anyway, 5 more nominations for 3DS Sonic Stage (Not Green Hill Zone).

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I find it hard to believe that the entire Mario and Fire Emblem series will be starters, and that we'll get all but Ganondorf from Zelda, etc. etc.

I'm not reading much into who's a starter and who's unlockable based on the reveals. That is, characters that are revealed aren't necessarily starters. Any character not revealed before launch is almost certainly unlockable though. (Why bother keeping a character secret if you'll see them the moment you load up the game?)

Anyway..

Tag-Team battles
This is a cool idea, but it's a little specific. It wouldn't be that hard to implement, but I guess we have to wonder how much it would be used and how obvious it would be to Sakurai that it's a good inclusion. It could've easily been implemented in Melee or Brawl, for example. One other problem with it is that it would be quite confusing in 3 or 4 player games, and Sakurai seems maybe less interested in specifically 1v1 modes (we haven't seen one yet). Maybe it would just use team color outlines to help with that?

Sakurai does seem to maybe be expanding the number of modes this time around, so it's definitely plausible...

Tag-team battle chances: 20%
Tag-team battle want: 70%
Why not? Not sure I'd use it too frequently but it'd be fun every once in a while.

Paper Mario Theatre stage

I'm not wildly over-interpreting the Paper Mario 3DS stage like some people. The suggestion I get from it is that since it's not limited to portable games, it might be the only Paper Mario stage. It could be like Mega Man and Punch-Out, however, and have the same stage on both platforms. Furthermore, the Theatre could easily be part of the 3DS stage. Both of those things seem to have quite good chances to me, and together they mean that a stand-alone Theater stage is unlikely.

I also don't think Paper Mario's chances are boosted that much by the stage - it's part of the Mario series, it does not need a Paper Mario rep to be included anymore than Mario Kart demands a rep because of the Mario Kart stage. Spin-offs are fair game for stage inclusions without affecting the character roster.

Theater stage chances - 18%
Theater stage want - 39%
I don't care much either way. A perfectly flat, walk-off stage that potentially has stage hazards is not the most appealing idea to me though. It would be a good inclusion in the 3DS stage progression though.

Predictions:
Sami - 11%
Warrior of Light - 1%

Nominations:
Ice Climbers x5

Burigu

Smash Ace
Tag team battles:
Chance: 15%
We already got a similar mechanic in Subspace Emisary so maybe Sakurai rescues this mechanic

Why not? the more options to play the game the better

Paper Mario theater
Chance: 35% If Paper Mario got a 3ds stage I can see this on the WiiU still trying to predict what Sakurai likes or consider is a mystery
Loved TYD so why not?

Predictions
Sami: 3.49%
Warrior: 0.84%

Nominations
Unlockeable taunts x 5

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Tag Team:
Chance:15%
As others have said, SSE did it, but I don't think it's really likely either way.

Want:80%
Using a team of my favorite characters would be pretty fun, so I'm all for it.

Theatre:
Chance:20%
If Sakurai decides to have a Wii U Paper Mario stage, then this one is a pretty likely one.

Want:50%
I don't know too much about PM, so I really wouldn't care either way.

Predictions:
Sami:4.6%

Warrior of Light: .34%

Nominations:
Destiny (Awakening) x5

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Tag Team Battles
Chance - 10%
Light Music Club mentioned that image from the 3DS trailer, and while I don't think that's it, it did give me the idea for the concept. Considering it's such a popular concept in fighting games, and it's been in Tekken games before, I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai Namco's presence led to it existing.
Still, I don't think it's one of those things we can be certain about in any way.

Want - 100%
I would love this a lot. As someone who loves to main several characters, it would be fascinating to have, say, my five mains competing against someone else's five mains. Even cooler on the 3DS version where they could possibly allow for it to hide your character selections from your opponent. It would definitely be a fresh, new way to play Smash and I'd probably play it quite often.

Also, imagine the gloriousness of choosing random five times. Oh man, that'd be an awesome match.

Theater stage
Chances - 5%
I feel like Sakurai saw the popularity of Paper Mario and that led to the 3DS stage. At the moment I find it up for grabs whether that stage exists because there's more paper mario stuff, or if it exists as the one representative of paper mario stuff.

Want - 100%
Yes please, Wanted this since I played PM:TTYD. It's just perfect for Smash.

Predictions
Sami - 13%
Warrior of light - 1.4%

Nominations
x5 Villains trailer

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I been asking for Ridley's role to just be shown for months. The longer I wait, the more stupid internet fights I watch. I seen the same arguments being plastered over forums and comment sections. One of the main reasons I want Ridley to be playable is that if ridley is a boss, would seeing all these dumb *** fights on the internet be worth it. Hell no! If Ridley is not playable, I will be disappointed in sakurai. Not, because he did not include ridley on the roster. I would be disappointed because how poorly he handled this fiasco. Nintendo and sakurai know about all these people fighting. He could have ended this right after the direct, but it has been a year since pyrosphere's reveal and Ridley's fate is still unknown. If he teases Ridley so ambiguously that he raises people's hopes of him being playable for him to just be a boss, it would be incredibly stupid. This is seriously getting despicable, It is almost at a point where it is not even worth him being playable.
Wrong thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom