• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Lucas, the Wizard of Oz: 0%. Lol wut now.
Want: 0%. Potato is better.
Masked Dedede is gonna clobber that there Kirby!: 70%. Really likely, but I have my doubts.
Want: 50%. As long as it's between this and Waddle Dee Army, IDC what we get.
Chef Kawasaki X2, Lief X2, and yes, I am bringing this one up: Spongebob X1.
Pandora: 1.23%
Brash: 0.75%.

D

Deleted member

Masked Dedede

Chance: 60%

Want: 50%

Lucas from The Wizard

Chance and Want: Double Zeroes

First, we rated a barely relevant purple dragon, then a space marine who only made one obscure appearance on a Nintendo platform, then a dead bandicoot, and now a movie character.

ChazzzyF

Smash Cadet
Back from vacation! Now I can use all the colors I want!

Lucas (The Wizard):

Double zeroes.

Putting the fact that this is a stupid joke idea aside, people would be confused by this because of Mother 3 Lucas, especially if that character has not been cut.

Masked Dedede Final Smash:

Chance: 75%

I like the chances of this, especially since Dedede only throws Gordos now. The only reason they would have to animate Waddle Dees and Doos in HD would be for the old Final Smash, and this makes more sense anyway.

Want: 100%

Dedede's old Final Smash was not that great, in terms of effectiveness. This sounds like a huge step up.

Now to check what the actual phrasing of the nomination I've been making is.
…reading…
Wait, it isn't here at all?
Am I missing something about how nominations work? Or is this a mistake? Or is my nomination something outside of what is allowed to be nominated?

Anyway, if this is just a mistake, put my 5 nominations on "A 3DS Sonic stage other than Green Hill Zone" (which is the phrasing I'll use from now on.) This should make it 20.
If I can't actually nominate for that, put my 5 onto "Falco and Wolf return, no Star Fox newcomer". I wanna see what you guys think the likeliness of the Star Fox character lineup staying the same as it is. P.S. if you find better wording than that, use it instead.
And if I'm missing something, somebody tell me so I can nominate while there is still time to.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Lucas (from The Wizard)
Chance:

-Main Roster: 0%
-As DLC: 0%
Want: 0%

He's from an old and obscure movie, didn't debut as a video game character, and his actor is a registered sex offender?

Anyone who actually wants to see him could just make a Mii version, I guess. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Power Glove was a Mii Brawler accessory.

Masked Dedede (as Final Smash)
Chance: 50%

We've seen a couple Final Smashes changed already, as Luigi and Kirby gained attacks that better reflected their more recent games, Lucario and Charizard shift into their Mega forms, and Zero Suit Samus gets to call in her gunship now that she isn't forced to put the Power Suit back on. Could King Dedede get a new one as well?

Well...it could go either way. We've had a few other characters that could've gained new FSes stay put: Sheik, Toon Link, et cetera. Kirby: Triple Deluxe may not have been far enough into development when Final Smashes were being decided on. On the other hand, Dedede's side special now has him only throwing Gordos while Waddle Dees are nowhere to be found outside of Smash Run, Sakurai would keep tabs on a Kirby game in development more than any other franchise, and there's always the chance of Bandana Dee being on the roster...

Want: 65%

Talk about your tailor-made Final Smashes. A badass altered appearance, several new attacks (most using a new, giant hammer with built in flamethrower and missile launcher), and he even has super armor at some points in the Super Star Ultra fight!

But there's still a chance of it being underpowered or lacking somehow, or of Waddle Dee Army or a different FS turning out to be better.

Predictions
Amazon Pandora: 0.54%
Brash the Bear: 0.03%

Nominations

Stage Music Not Limited by Franchise x5

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Oh man, I miss this game for a couple of days and we're predicting Brash? wow

Lucas (the wizard)
Chance - 0%
Want - 0%

Masked Dedede Final Smash
Chance - 10%
Want - 100%
I actually really like this idea.

Predictions
Amazon Pandora - 0.35%
Brash - 0.06%

Nominations
x5 Tag Team Battles

Burigu

Smash Ace
Now to check what the actual phrasing of the nomination I've been making is.
…reading…
Wait, it isn't here at all?
Am I missing something about how nominations work? Or is this a mistake? Or is my nomination something outside of what is allowed to be nominated?

Anyway, if this is just a mistake, put my 5 nominations on "A 3DS Sonic stage other than Green Hill Zone" (which is the phrasing I'll use from now on.) This should make it 20.
If I can't actually nominate for that, put my 5 onto "Falco and Wolf return, no Star Fox newcomer". I wanna see what you guys think the likeliness of the Star Fox character lineup staying the same as it is. P.S. if you find better wording than that, use it instead.
And if I'm missing something, somebody tell me so I can nominate while there is still time to.
Wow I have never seen a person so confused about something as simple as nominations, you are giving it to much though, if you have doubt check page 1 the rules are there, if what you want is not forbidden then it is allowed and I guess you don't need to be that literal to express the same concept as long as the idea is the same, in most cases people vote their concept without help so Groose will understand what you are nominating as long as you put it with similar words. Don't think about it so much.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Lucas

Chance - 0% - No.

Want - 0% - Why?

Chance - 25% - I say it was 50-50 it could get in, and the rest goes to a simple alt costume. Ah well, what can you do?

Want - 95% - Waddle Dee Army might have been fun, but the shere awesomeness, coolness, and amazingness is pure gold. Few weapons are as great as the Brand New Dedede Hamer. I mean, it's a frickin' misile-launching flamethrowing electrified giant hammer. The only reason it isn't a pure 100% is that I might want HR-D3 more.

Predictions

Amazon Pandora - 0.12% - Regular Pandora has a better chance.

Brash - 0.02% - Who is this guy?

Nominations

"In The Space Pirate Ship" X5

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Lucas: 0%
Want: 0% Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..... No.

Masked Dedede Final Smash: 30%
Want: 70%

Amazon Pandora: 2.31%
Bra-wait... What? Am I reading this right? You actually mean THE Brash the Friggin' Bear? Okay, waha ever.
Brash the Friggin' Bear: 0.12%

x5 Moo Moo Meadows Music

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Lucas (The Wizard):
0%
I support this character's bid for the lowest chance.
I was going to give this guy a zero, until I read Groose's summary. The actor who portrayed him is a registered sex offender!? That's the type of character you should want to beat up.

Masked Dedede
50%
The lack of Waddle Dedede in his moveset suggest a change in Final Smash. But that doesn't necessarily mean it will be this move.
100%
Anything but his previous final Smash.

Predictions:
Amazon Pandora: .72
Brash .28

Noms
Akari Hayami x 10

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Lucas (the Wizard)

Double zeros.

Masked Dedede Final Smash - 75%

Honestly, I see a lot of things that make this all the more likely. King Dedede can't throw Gordos anymore, and some characters have gotten new final smashes, notably Luigi's Poltergust 5000. Of course this isn't enough to guarantee Masked Dedede will be Dedede's new Final Smash, and there's still the possibility of this being an alt. given the other various alt. costumes that we've seen thus far. It's not just palettes this time, there are actual costumes too.

Want - 100%

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Oh man, I don't think there are words to describe how happy I would be if this happened. Hearing Masked Dedede's theme for the first time in Ultra got me PUMPED for the fight itself. I just see so much potential in this as a transformation final smash, flamethrowers, shockwaves, missiles, boosted attack power, everything! I wouldn't mind if he were missing a few abilities from Ultra, but there are some that definitely wouldn't get left out. It would be even better if a remastered version of the theme played during the FS, but that's just a small bonus that I wouldn't mind too much if it wouldn't be a part of it.

Amazon Pandora - 0.67%

Who?

Brash the Friggin' Bear - 0.2%

Wreck-It Ralph x5

Just for the want, not the chance.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Lucas the Wizard
How the hell did he get here in the first place? Who nominated him?!
lol it was me.
Lucas 0% Chance
1% Want
Masked Dedede
99.99% Chance
100% Want

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Lucas (Wizard)
Chance: 0%
Movie Character, not Nintendo property, obscure and unknowed from almost 85% of today's players.
I hate that movie.

Masked Dedede FS
Chance: 10%
I think it will be an Alt. fir the King. I don't see Sakurai makea another tramsformation FS after Giga Bowser, Giga Mac, Charizard X, MegaLucario...
[as an alt 100%]

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lucas the Wizard: Double Zeroes.

Though, the fact that he's a sex offender is... interesting to say the least. I'll be looking him up.

Masked Dedede Final Smash: 35%
I think there is a good chance of Dedede getting this one, just like Kirby got a new one from a recent game. Though I have a feeling that we would have known in the Smash Direct already if it was changed to this.

I don't really care how Masked Dedede appears... I just want it to appear one way or the other.

Potato is better.
I remember you also said that about Palutena... Do you secretly a potato for a character? :troll:

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
L-NO
C-NO: 0% - NO
W-NO: 0% - NO

Masked Dedede as King Dedede's New Final Smash
Chance: 40% - I could see this going either way, and no Waddle Dees in Dedede's Side Special does lead a little credence, but I think it will more likely than not just mean Waddle Dee Army is back and with some kind of buff.
Want: 0% - I love games that let me use "Throw everyone at enemies and see what happens" as a tactic, why would I get rid of the one Final Smash that agrees with me? :p

Predictions
Brash (Donkey Kong Country) as a Playable Character: 0% Chance, .3% Want
Pandora (Kid Icarus) as a Playable Character: 0% Chance, 74% Want

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Lucas: (The Wizard)
Chance - 0%
Want - Negative 50000% (Use 0%)
*insert laughing gif or video here*
Ah, found one that hasn't been used yet

Chance - 50%
Him no longer using Waddle Dees in that throw is a little bit suspicious, though it could still just be because of Smash Run Dee. iirc Smash Run also has Doos. Smash Run doesn't have final smashes to my knowledge, so it does still have potential to stay the same. Really, it could go either way.
Want - 100%
As a Dedede main (just under Wario), in competitive battles I honestly don't care that much about final smashes. However, in casual battles with items on it kind of feels a little bit useless. I'd prefer to be at least get a KO or 2 with it.

Brash the Friggin Bear: 0.2%
Pandora: 2%

Dry Bowser Alt Costume x5

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Lucas, The Wizard of ZerOz
"Why would Nintendo put him in the game?"
No reasons. Double Zero.

Masked Mansonn DeDeDo- err Dee
Chance: 30%
At one side, I liked the fact DeDeDe did nothing but dance and let his minions do the dirty work, instead of a one time transformation FS.
At the other side, I like Bandana Dee and the fact there would be no Waddle Doodah in DeDeDoodah's moveset would help him.

Gnomeinations:
Mega Mewtwo x5

Predictions: Brash the Friggin Bear: 0.54%
Pandora's boo- err Box: 0.73%

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Lucas the Wizard: Double Zero

I've never heard such a brilliant idea for a Smash Character. Let's just invite Papa Luigi, Mario Mario and Luigi Mario and Cartoon DK as well.

Masked Dedede Final Smash: 60%
We haven't heard much from Dedede at all, so on one hand, it could mean there's some secrets Dedede is hiding but on the other hand it could just mean that there's absolutely nothing new in Dedede's repertoire. That said, Pit and Luigi have had new final smashes relevant to their games, so maybe Dededededededede will get something from his own universe as well.
I love this and Dedede's last Final Smash, either works for me :)

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Lucas: 100 % chances and want
I don't think that cuts like that are possib - oh wait...

Lucas the Wizard: 0 % chances and want (this is my actual ranting, the one above is a joke)
I won't explain this one, it's pretty obvious.

Masked Dedede Final Smash chances: 82 %
The Waddle Dee Army kinda comes out from nowhere, due to being a move designed for Smash Bros. Given how Luigi's and Pit's Final Smash were changed, it's very likely to see Sakurai redesign a Final Smash to fit the video games better, especially if they released after Brawl. Plus King Dedede comes from Sakurai's own universe, increasing the chances even further.

Masked Dedede Final Smash want: 75 %
I like when Final Smashes are inspired from the original universe, because Dedede's from SSBB looked like a « filler » move due to being designed for Smash. But I wouldn't mind to see this Final Smash unchanged either, because I had barely any experience with Kirby games (just played Air Ride for like ten minutes :ohwell:).

Nominating:
Playable newcommer: Magikarp x5

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Masked Dedede Final Smash Chance: 30%
Obviously Sakurai is paying attention to what's happening with Kirby these days, but I don't think Masked Dedede lends itself that well to being a Final Smash unlike the Ultra Sword or other transformations, it's not really that distinct and he doesn't gain many new powers from it. I feel like it has a higher chance of being an alternate costume.

Masked Dedede Final Smash Want: 20%
I don't really like transformation Final Smashes, and I fear a heavy oversaturation of them. Personally I think Dedede's current Final Smash works fine, make Masked Dedede an alternate costume instead. With that said, I'd prefer it appears in his Final Smash than if it doesn't appear at all in the game.

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Lucas:
Double 0s

Masked Dedede FS
Chance: 40%
Want: 5%

NO MORE TRANSFORMATIONS PLSSSS
Big gay dance is cooler :3

Nominations:
Kirby Triple Deluxe Stage (lacking one so bad) x5

Predictions:
Amazon Pandora: 10% so much for me loving KI: U Viridi/Hades takes precedence imo
Brash the what?: 5%

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh man, I miss this game for a couple of days and we're predicting Brash? wow

Lucas (the wizard)
Chance - 0%
Want - 0%

Chance - 10%
Want - 100%
I actually really like this idea.

Predictions
Amazon Pandora - 0.35%
Brash - 0.06%

Nominations
x5 Tag Team Battles
BKupa kept joking about Brash and kept nominating him, so I starting nominating Brash just to push him out there and get him out of the way. He's going to get Double 0's straight up, that's a guarantee. :p

Lucas (the wizard): Double 0's

Want: 70%, I'm indifferent but I think it'd be cool.
Chance: 80%, I'd be surprised if he didn't get a new FS. I think its incredibly likely its Masked Dedede.

Predictions
Amazon Pandora: 0%
Brash the Friggin' Bear: 0%

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Lucas
Want: So Bad
Why wouldn't I want the King of cool himself in the game. This guy owns over 90 Nes games. WOW.
Also he should only be controlled with the power glove.

Chance: So Bad
Unfortunately since Samurai hates the smash fanbase, with him making a ton of Marth-clones that take up slots that we could put worthwhile characters in, I don't think that Lucas will make the cut. (Well at least this Lucas, lame Ness clone Lucas probably will.)

Masked Dedede
Want 60%
Chance 33%
It could be a final smash, it could be a costume or it might not appear at all.

Nomination: Playable Inklings. (Cough CougheveryonevoteforthisSneeze.)

Predictions
Amazon Pandora: 2.25%
Brash the Friggin' Bear: 3.5%

D

Deleted member

Lucas:
Chance - Nada, Zilch, Zero: Unless Sakurai decides he needs a representative of Nintendo's sell-out days, this guy is not going to be playable. Not to mention if he wanted a character that wields the legendary mitt that us mortals deem "The Power Glove" he could have Captain N, who is more well known and popular. Both would have the "WHO?" response from the non-US players, and even then, most Americans won't know Lucas. We'd also have the issue of 2 Lucas' on the same roster. (I think MOTHER 3's Lucas is back.)

Want - 100%: I think the real question is; "Why would you NOT want to play as Lucas?" He's only the greatest Nintendo player to ever roam the universe. He knows all 97 Nintendo games. He's tough! He's cool! But most of all, he's bad! B-B-BAD! Nobody's better than Lucas! They say he's less than a god, but more than a man. Lucas, is awesome!
Captain Falcon, Ike, Link

There is only one...
LUCAS

In all seriousness, despite my nominating this guy multiple times, I'm gonna have to go with a zero. If I wanted an obscure, non game Nintendo character, I'd have to go with Captain N. But I don't. All non game characters should be Miis and nothing else.

So yeah, my score is 0% for want. I just had to make that joke.

Chance - 80%: Dedede's Final Smash has not been shown, Waddle Dees and Doos have been removed from his side special, and Dedede was not playable at either demo despite being revealed back in early January. It seems very possible.

Want - 0%: No. I would much prefer his old Final Smash. It fit his character and personality just fine. It showed that isn't an actual king so much as he thinks he is, and how lazy he is. His ultimate attack is sending other people to attack for him. I don't care much for the "Big Gay Dance" joke, but I really liked this Final Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Lucas -
Chance: 0% Do I really need to explain
Want: 0% - This is ridiculous. Who nominated this fool.

Masked Dedede FS:
Chance: 15% - Because of Triple Deluxe. Seems like it might be good.
Want: 50% - Indifferent. Would rather have Masked Dedede than the stupid minion summoning.

Predictions:
0.50% to both of them. My God. Are we really scraping the bottom of the barrel like this?

Nominations:
No more troll nominations x10000000000000
Warrior of Light x5

Nominating:
Playable newcommer: Magikarp x5
Mind if I feed this one to the Ursa Major?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Lucas:

Chance: .01%

Masked Dedede:

Chance: 75%

Predictions:
Bash the Bear: 0%
Amazon Pandora: 0.07%

Nominations: Karate Joe x5

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Lucas
Chance: Power Glove/10 (0%)

Denying Lucas is denying life.

Masked Dedede: 60% (as an alt. 0% as his own character)

Want: 20%
It's a neat idea I guess. But I prefer his original one. But we already have Dedede. It would be redundant to have two Dededes.
And an alternate costume however he could work.

Nomination:
x5 to Mike DawsonCaptain Viridian (VVVVVV)

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Lucas
Chance: Power Glove/10 (0%)

Denying Lucas is denying life.

Masked Dedede: 60% (as an alt. 0% as his own character)

Want: 20%
It's a neat idea I guess. But we already have Dedede. It would be redundant to have two Dededes.
And an alternate costume however he could work.

Nomination:
x5 to Mike DawsonCaptain Viridian (VVVVVV)
we're rating Masked Dedede as a FS, you know.... not as a character.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Lucas- Zeroes, zeroes everywhere

Masked DDD- abstain

Brash - 0%
Pandora - 1%

Theater Stage (Paper Mario: TTYD) x15 (using up all of my extra nomz here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom