• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Brash
Both: 0%
Pandora
Both: 5%

Nominations
Parabo & Satebo x4
Zoroark x1 (Kinda agree with Rosalina&Greninja with this one)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Brash the friggin' bear:
Chance: 0%
Want: 0%

Amazon PanDora the Explorer
Want; 0%
I don't want to fuel those Uprising Fanboys with even more "silly" quotes. #StoptheDivineInterventions

Predict Fredrik:
Double Cherry: 10.2%
Fredrik AT: 28.8%

Groosenations:
Mega Mewtwo Y x5

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Brash the Bearghno.

0% for both chance and want, would prefer Bumper the Badger as an obscure DK related character...and he's in jail currently.

Amazon Pandora:

Too far down the KI chain of importance to get in at this stage...at least I'd presume that.

Watch; she'll be revealed out the blue alongside Dark Pit in a double KI reveal trailer now.

I think two goddesses is enough right now thank you. Yes I'm going to count Rosalina as one. Also Medusa feels like she should come before Pandora.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Brash the Bear:

Chance: 100%
--Sakurai added the Wii Fit Trainer. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!
--Sakurai added Robin, who only appeared in one game.
--A generic Bear appeared in the recent Japanese e-Shop release of Donkey Kong Land 3. The Bears are not being forgotten.
--He's a supporting character from a single game in 1996, and reappeared on a single GBA game in the mid-2000's. Those sorts of characters are intensely popular and complete shoo-ins, at least if you repeat these facts enough times.
--We need more Bear Reps. The Bear demographic has no one they can relate to on the roster.
--No other character can hit you with an entire moveset of banging their fists to topple trees. SO UNIQUE!!
--Brash has had at least three dozen times the number of name-drops Wii Fit Trainer did on message boards. Because of this, he's an obvious, obvious guess if you just think about sales and logic.
--(May add more later)

Want: 100%
He's Brash the Friggin' Bear. 'Nuff said.

Abstain on Sakurai Baby #243

Nominate:
Brash the Friggin' Bear Revote x5
Yes Indeed. Brash the Bear is indeed the best. Forget Ridley, Mewtwo and K. Rool! Why them when you can have Brash the Freaking Bear! So awesome! So unique!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
@BKupa666, you massive joker... UGH! Wow... Now a ton of people are throwing in 100% want scores, lolwut? Dang...

-_-

Brash the Friggin' Bear: 0% all the way.

Amazon Pandora: 0% all the way.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Brash (Donkey Kong Country) as a Playable Newcomer
Chance: 0% - Really? I mean, REALLY? Geez, Commander Shepard was a funnier troll rating than Brash!
Want: 0% - I can't even say that it's a smaller list of characters to want more than Brash, because there isn't one.

Pandora (Kid Icarus) as a Playable Newcomer

Chance: 0% - The only character I could see getting in after Palutena now that Magnus is an AT is either Medusa or Hades, and their chances are abysmal on their own.
Want: 0% - Yeah, i'm not that big on Kid Icarus, so i'm good with just Pit and Palutena.

Predictions:
Double Cherry (Mario) as a New Item: 46% Chance, 53% Want
Frederick (Fire Emblem) as a New Assist Trophy Summon: 28% Chance, 85% Want

Nominations:
More Mii Fighter Classes x4
Phoenix Wright Trophy x1

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman

Brash the friggin' bear?! Oh, we do have a situation on our hands.

Both:
Anyway, *ahem*

QUADRUPLE ZEROES
*ahem*

Predictions:
Double Cherry item - 25%
Frederick AT - 12%

Nominations:
10 x Ghirahim rerate

@ Groose Groose , will you be including BKupa666's ratings based on chance in the overall ratings?

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I've got to say, I'm quite intrigued by what we are rating today. In terms of oddities to rate, it beats Lucas by a long shot. I'll try to explain my opinions the best I can:

Amazon:

Chance: 99%
The game is already listed for sale on Amazon. Amazon sales confirmed?

Want: 80%
Not where I plan on ordering my copy, but I feel it's a good way to distribute the game.

Pandora:

Chance: .5%
I really doubt that smash bros music will be streamed on Pandora in the near future, but you never know because Sakurai.

This would be amazing to listen to. Although I would have to be much more careful when driving.

Amazon/Pandora:

Chance: 2%
Now here's where things get really interesting. The concept of Amazon acquiring Pandora or vice versa does not seem like an action that would benefit either company (or one we should be rating) but this could greatly improve Amazon's iPhone app 9which is glitch and broken) but would also undermine their music services.

Want: Abstain
Corporate mergers make me feel uneasy.

Amazon Pandora:

Hm? And you are?

No one wants to see Pitty (or really, anyone) in that outfit. I'd better destroy that spring.

Hades the friggin' god:

Chance: 132%

You se, there is a pretty complex formula that is necessary to calculate how likely a KIU character is. Here it is:

100% - (the % of screen time when my club was making contact with their face) + because Sakurai^6 x Hades approval rating.

When we put the numbers in we get:
100% - (0) + (2^6) x1 Giving Hades a 132% Chance.

Want: 132%

Predictions:
Frederick AT : 17%
Double Cherry: 9%

Nominating Villains trailer x5

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Everything- The Big Donut

Double Cherry- 9%
Frederick AT- 19%

Theater Stage (Paper Mario TTYD) x5

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Quadruple Zeros
I seriously love this thread, but seeing it become what it is right now really hurts. I come back multiple times a day to read what people say, and I find a lot of joy in reading people's posts and writing my own. We are 1 month away from release and we are rating sex offenders and characters that are incredibly minor in their games. Every time I see us rate something so utterly stupid, I just become less motivated to return the following day. There really needs to be a system to remove moronic nominations, there is 1 month until we know literally everything about these games, come on guys make it count.

Nominations
Chuck Norris x2
Jesus Christ x1
SammyClassicSonicFan x1
Groose (Not the character, the moderator) x1

Ok Seriously it's still the usual
Olimar Alternate Costumes (Louie, President, Alph, Brittany, Charlie) x3
Balance Patches x2

D

Deleted member

Brash the Bear and Amazon Pandora have been added to the Directory.

To keep my ratings short...
ALL PRAISE THE QUAD ZEROES!!!

Brash the Bear
requires no explanation. Double Zeroes

Amazon Pandora
, while popular, is still a minor character in Kid Icarus: Uprising only appearing in one boss fight near the end. As for want, I want Hades! Double Zeroes

Double Cherry Prediction: 17.42%

A relatively new item from a relatively new game. I don't think that it will do well, especially when you consider the limitations of the 3DS.
Frederick AT Prediction: 25.38%
Frederick is popular amongst the Awakening crowd... but does he scream Assist Trophy material?

Nominations: RIKI HAPPY HAPPY! (Riki 5x)

Last edited by a moderator:

andimidna

Smash Master
Brash
0 chance
80 want

Just imagine the reactions.

APandora
0.3 chance
90 want

This would be weird, but I think I'd like it.

Fredrick AT: 18%
Not likely compared to Anna and Tharja
Double cherry: 10%
How would this work?

x5 cia

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Note: I just came in and voted for Lucas based on what I knew. I think a 0% is probably more reasonable than a 0.01% now that I know more about him.

Brash:

Amazon Pandora:

Chance: 0.07%
Want: 5%

View attachment 20160

Nominations: Hyrule Warriors Alternate Costumes X5
Good idea!

Nominations: Hyrule Warriors Alternate Costumes x5

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Brash the friggin' bear:
chance:0%-nope nope nope nope nope nope
want: 0%-nope nope nope nope nope nope

Amazon Pandora:
Chance:0%
Want: 0%- there is already a chance that dark pitt might get in over hades, not having one boss fight do the same.

Nomination:
N from pokemon x5

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Brash
Chance: 0.0%
I'm sorry BKupa666. But I just don't see him happening. The barrel boss has a better chance of getting in.
Want: 20%
Implying he by some logic got in, I wouldn't mind it.

A. Pandora
Chance: 5%
We already have two KI reps, which is enough. But even if we get another one it would most likely be Hades or Medusa.
See above.

Nominations:
x5 Yumetarō (Gimmick!) (Famicom)

Fredrick as an AT: Since I don't know too much about that of the Fire Emblems, I'll keep quiet about this.

Double Cherry item: 15%
I do think people will consider it a unique idea. But really, it does have some things against it (like how it'll work with Ice Climbers).

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Let's look at the evidence:

Sakurai was interested in putting a bear into Smash 64, but was limited by technical difficulties.
He was similarly interested in putting the same bear into Melee from what I've heard, but some issues about copyrights or something, not quite sure.

Either way, he has considered a bear from day one, and has yet to have the chance to do it, so now is the time!

The problem you might say is move set potential, but honestly all you have to do is put Squawks in a backpack on his back and boom you can copy over the original intended move set just like that!

Now he could end up like Takamaru, a character Sakurai wanted to put in Smash but didn't get chance... but there're far more bears in the world than Samurai, so I think it's fair for them to get playable representation.

Chance: 80%
It just makes so much sense

But personally I would prefer another bear in his place. And also because the want score will actually be counted and I don't want it inflated by flagrant sarcasm.

That one KI:U boss with plentiful 'plot' development: 0%
she's a cool character, but I don't Sakurai could include her without some form of spoilers for her 'plot'. I also think with all the other ladies joining the battle, and ZSS' new design that Smash Bros 4 has plenty of 'plot' of it's own.

I like a good 'plot' as much as the next guy, but she's a bit superfluous. I also think a variety in the size of one' 'plot' impact is a good thing, so I'd personally prefer Viridi.

Double Cherry: 4.4%
Ice Climbers are giving the 3DS trouble so I doubt there'll be many people giving it more than 5%... I think the want score will be interesting though.

Frederick AT: 15.5%
I honestly have no idea what's going on with Fire Emblem after Lucina, so I'll be abstaining.

Wii Fit Meter*5

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Brash the Bear: I'm going to be brash and give him double zeroes. In any case, if you want a bear, Bashmaster is the way to go.

Amazon Pandora: 0%
We've already got our Kid Icarus filled for this game, I believe. And her body structure is better suited for a boss, I'd say.

Looks aside, she's cool. But really minor in the large scale of things... So, I don't particularly want her.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Brash the Bear:

--Sakurai added the Wii Fit Trainer. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!
--Sakurai added Robin, who only appeared in one game.
--A generic Bear appeared in the recent Japanese e-Shop release of Donkey Kong Land 3. The Bears are not being forgotten.
--He's a supporting character from a single game in 1996, and reappeared on a single GBA game in the mid-2000's. Those sorts of characters are intensely popular and complete shoo-ins, at least if you repeat these facts enough times.
--We need more Bear Reps. The Bear demographic has no one they can relate to on the roster.
--No other character can hit you with an entire moveset of banging their fists to topple trees. SO UNIQUE!!
--Brash has had at least three dozen times the number of name-drops Wii Fit Trainer did on message boards. Because of this, he's an obvious, obvious guess if you just think about sales and logic.
--(May add more later)

He's Brash the Friggin' Bear. 'Nuff said.

Abstain on Sakurai Baby #243

Nominate:
That's some legit insight. How wasn't this guy in more Smash games? Clearly he's the best choice anyone could have made. Forget Mewtwo, we need this dude right here.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Brash the Freaking Bear

Chance - 0% - ...BKupa666, I thought you were a good person. Why...?

Want - 0% - Troll days are now less funny than they were ever before.

Amazon Pandora

Chance - 0% - We're getting old Pandora over her.

Want - 0% - With Viridi on this one. I liked her better as an evil blob.

Predictions

Double Cherry - 11.45% - Overall pessimism due to being too much to handle.

Fredric AT - 18.45% - Just throwing a reasonable number out their.

Nominations

"In the Space Pirate Ship" X5

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alright I guess I should post my "serious" opinion now.

Brash "Who the hell is this" the Bear

Chances: 0.1%: He's technically a Nintendo character. So he get's something be default. But honestly, he's way too obscure and overall unimportant to really see as a viable choice.

Want: 0%: I don't even think I remember seeing this dude before. So, no, I don't really care about him.

Pandora

Chances: 5%: She's not an extremely important character in Kid Icarus. So I don't think she'll show up. If we're getting someone else from this series, it'll probably be someone who is more important or popular. Like Hades or Medusa.

Want: 7%: She could be slightly interesting. Though chances are we have other characters that could fill the same role as her.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Brash the Friggin Bear

Want: 25%
Was going to give him a 0%, but I realized he is a bear made by Rare. Closest thing to Banjo.

Amazon Pandora
Double Zeros

x5 Endless Ocean Stage

Red Krockhead

Smash Rookie
Brash Bear
Chance: 1%

I came here to preach the wisdom of Brash Bear. I am confident that whoever it was at Rare that designed Brash(I wanna say it was Kevin Bayliss, but he was probably working on Diddy Kong Racing at this time) had a vision that one day, the creator of Kirby would create a fighting game, and Brash would be a part of it. Even though Baffle is obviously the best Brother Bear, Brash is the best choice for Super Smash Bros. After Brash gets his due in Smash 4, the entire Smash Bros. franchise will be renamed Super Brash Bros. and all the characters will be replaced by the Brothers Bear.

Brash for Super Brash Bros. for Wii U/Super Brash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Brash Bear:
20% Chance / 100% Want

Self explanatory.
How does he have a 20% chance? Just... How?

Brash...: 0%

Pandora: 0%

QUADRA KILL!

Fredric Assist Trophy: 17.52%
Double Cherry Item: 29.84%

Oh, it appears that I have 15 extra nominations!
x20 Moo Moo Meadows Music

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Extra Nominations will be added in a bit, just going to go ahead and get this here:

Amazon Pandora's chances: 0% - no
Want: 0% - more no

Brash the Friggin' No's chances: 0% - super no
Want: 0% - hi i'm daisy

Frederick AT prediction: 8.17%
Double Cherry prediction: 5.29%

Brain Age Stage x5

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Brash the Friggin Bear

We currently have no bears in Smash 4. We have a hedgehog, a fox, a dragon (in his Final Smash, otherwise he is a fire lizard), a dinosaur, a ninja frog, a turtle, an ape, a smaller ape, an electric mouse, and an aura-seeking fox-thing with the voice of Goku, but, ladies and gentlemen... WE. HAVE. NO. BEARS. This is clearly a crime against all bearkind and the by-product of classic bear racism. Excluding this bear would be like excluding the entire bear community from playing Smash Bros and we don't want that.

Can you imagine how hype it would be to have a bear maul Mario on Rainbow Road? I can.

:troll:

Amazon Pandora

Chance: 10000% (Quadruple Zeroes :troll:)
Because she's a female and obviously we need more female reps and she has the female lady parts which obviously attract the male audience and never mind that her other form is a disgusting old lady ghost thing.

Nobody likes Pandora. Put her back in the box.

Frederick AT prediction: 55% Have you seen this dude on a horse? He'll break the game to get in.
Double Cherry prediction: 2% However, this WILL break the game.

#Brash4Smash

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
The Extra Nominations post has now been updated.

Oh boy, I think this is the most extra nominations ever given out for one character. A total of six people successfully predicted that Lucas would get a 0%, and they all get ten extra nominations. Congrats!

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Brash the Friggin' Bear - 0%
I suppose if you want to scrape the absolute bottom of the barrel, the Donkey Kong franchise is the perfect choice.
Want - 0% - I'll be honest, I thought about giving this a non-zero rating just because it seems weird to want a friggin' bear less than Cranky.

Amazon Pandora - 0%
Not quite as bottom of the barrel as Brash, but close enough as far as notable Kid Icarus characters go.
Want - 0% - Two KI characters is more than enough, thank you.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Nominate:
I lost it for a good five minutes when I got to this point. I was expecting a good bit of satire from you today, but I wasn't expecting one of the best posts I've ever seen. Kudos.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I lost it for a good five minutes when I got to this point. I was expecting a good bit of satire from you today, but I wasn't expecting one of the best posts I've ever seen. Kudos.
What are you trying to imply, Groose?
That @BKupa666 was just joking the whole time?
Brash the Friggin' Bear is no joke, and you will understand that once he's revealed.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh ****, I missed that part. I'm not doing it this time, ugh.

On that note...

0% for chance
10% for B. want (a part of me wants to see the world confusion it will bring)

Nominations (if I can): Sami X 5
Actually, I had something else in mind to nominate, but how about this?

Yeah, this. Sami X 5. In all honesty, I do think if we get any Advance Wars character we will get Sami before Andy. Sorry Andy fans. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom