• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Ridley
Chance: 50% - Either Sakurai is trolling us, or he's really trolling us.
Want: 75% - He's a Pretty Cool Guy.

Sceptile
Chance: 5% -:jigglypuffmelee::mewtwomelee:
Want: 0% - See above.

Predictions
The Leak: 80%
Shulk: 93%
Chrom: 89%
Chorus Men: 70%

Tomorrow is gonna be interesting.

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
Ridley
Chance: 50% I'd just dismiss him entirely but the teasing and lack of deconfirmation make me question it.
Want: 60% I want more villains, and Ridley is a decent choice, but I'd prefer K. Rool or Mewtwo.

Sceptile
Chance: 25% I think that if this game has DLC characters, Sceptile would make a fantastic addition to that. His mega is awesome looking, and he'd complete such a satisfying trio of Pokemon reps.
Want: 100% he's shot up into my top 3 of want.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Ridley: Almost as Much Salt as Skullgirls
Chance and Want: Abstain- I'm not going to make any heated discussion happen.

Sceptile: Dragon Types are Chill, Grass Types are Chill.
Pros
+DLC, but DLC doesn't factor into this.
+Game Freak wanting to support recent Pokemon Game.
Cons
-Two Veterans already that seem leagues more likely to take 5 and the potential sixth slot.
-DLC, and DLC does factor here. Sceptile may have been proposed late in development but ignored for DLC.
-Game Freak wanting to support recent Pokemon Game, but OR/AS was decided to possibly be "too recent".
-Blaziken is far more popular than Sceptile, and two Fire Types can happen. Heck, we got two Electrics in Melee.
OVERALL RATING: 15%- It's all down to the DLC question. If Game Freak got their way, we'll see. But DLC seems more likely than late addition. Yes, Pokemon usually gets 2 Newcomers a game, but that doesn't seem likely this time around.
Want: 100%- My first Pokemon ever. I'd want him over Mewtwo.

Predictions:
Gematsu: Everybody Likes Sal Romano- 90%
Shulk: Lazer Swords- 85%
Chrom: Google Chrome's Knockoff Cousin- 85%
Chorus Men: Screamo- 75%

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Ooh, it's Sal day tomorrow. Don't mind me, just your token Chorus Kids fan. :demon:

Ridley:

Chance: 25%

Ehh...

Want: 100%
Yes.

Sceptile:

Chance: 5%

:jigglypuffmelee::mewtwomelee:

Want: 75%
As long as it doesn't get in the way of these two, Sceptile's a cool guy.

Predictions:
Shulk: 80%
Chrom: 85%
Chorus Kids: 70%
Gematsu Leak: 75%

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Ridley
Chance: 7.77% DLC here we go.

Sceptile
Chance: 7.77% DLC here we go again.
Want: 90%

.n_n.
We don't rate characters with DLC chance this is all about IN game characters

Ridley
Chances: 60%
Not going so optimistic about him, he is hinted Sakurai is troll anything is posible

Want: 68%
Don't remember my previous rating but Ridley has grown on me

Sceptile
Chance: 20%
Honestly completing a trinity is not relevant to smash, it's all about moveset potencial, does Sceptile have it? maybe but completing the trinity is not enough to include him.

Previously I said Charizard and Greninja are dual typed but Sceptile isn't now he has a mega evo which turns him Grass/Dragon everyone dual typed right? but now Greninja is the only one without a Mega so maybe 2 out of 3 are part of a pattern but there is one always left out.

This become relevant for people that support the flawed 3 starter argument arguing that the pattern is there but if you look closely there is not such a thing.

Jigglypuff and maybe Mewtwo

Sakurai might have know about the remakes before hand? maybe but you know he might KNOW about POKEMON Z so I guess we can expect a pokemon or new mega for that game too right?

Want: 30%
It's indifferent to me

Gematsu leak 88.2%

Last edited:

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet

Well, well, well... looks like Viridi's lapdog is a moderator now. First Palutena gets in, then Dark Pit gets teased, and now this? Ugh.

No tyranny, no calls until July. It's a bad villain month.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Something tells me you forgot to apply salt block, Hades. You can get them at Viridi's Almighty Accessories to Staying God-Like Store. it's cheap, too! :troll:

Evil Gods don't get Take Over The Thread Mental Health days when they work at RTC? Must be hard work when you can't get a day off to destroy countless mortals.

CanadianSmasher1992

Smash Cadet
Ridley:

Chance - 79%

Hear me out everyone. I'm just going to ramble on a bit.

I'm old enough to remember the pre-Brawl days. And there was very little mention of Ridley at all prior to the game release. In fact, if memory serves me correctly the only info we had on Ridley was the DOJO update of the VS: Ridley Theme. Now compare that to now, where we have Sakurai blatantly hint at Ridley in a Pic of the Day update without showing him or even naming him. This was in August of last year. We have multiple pictures showing Pyrosphere without any sighting of Ridley. And then during the Smash Bros direct, Sakurai blatantly hints at Ridley again, but he only shows his shadow. If you compare the pre-Brawl days and now, the difference is that in Brawl, Ridley was barely hinted at prior to release. He ends up non-playable. Sakurai has shown that when he deconfirms a character, its straight and to the point. During the revealing of Mushroom Kingdom U, Sakurai names Kamek when he says that he is not playable. He doesn't say "character from Yoshi's past can appear" or anything like that. With most Assist Trophy or Trophy updates, he blatantly states that the character is not playable. Look at Brittany, Waluigi, characters whose popularity pales in comparison to Ridley. Sakurai makes it clear they are not playable. There is absolutely NO reason why Sakurai would hint and hint at a character-- without even saying him by name!-- when he'll just end up being not playable.

I hope I didn't open up pandora's box or anything, because I really don't want to get into an argument. But I truly believe in Ridley's chances as a playable character. If someone disagrees with me, they're totally welcome to do that. I respect everyone's opinion.

Want - 70%

I've never actually played a Metroid game before so I don't really have that connection to Ridley that some other users may have. He looks beast though and I'd love to have at least one villain newcomer this new iteration of Smash.

Sceptile:
Chance - 7%
I believe Jigglypuff and Mewtwo have a bigger chance and I do not think Pokemon will get 7 reps

Want - 70%
Treeko's my favourite Hoenn starter. It'd be pretty cool to have him.

Predictions:
Gematsu Leak - 77.9%
Chrom - 81.4%
Shulk - 88.9%
Chorus Men - 72.1%

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And, at the eleventh hour, I post my thoughts.

Ridley:

Chance: 60%. A very popular villain with a lot of potential, Ridley has the distinction of being seemingly disconfirmed. Twice.
However, it was not an outright disconfirmation. That says something to me, as Sakurai is always direct with his confirmations (Evidence: Assist Trophy Massacre.) Plus, the stage he is supposed to be a hazard on, despite being constantly shown in previews and the PoTD, is absent from the Smash Bros E3 demo. Strange, right? I think that Ridley isn't a boss; that's what they WANT you to think!

Want: 95%. I have never played a Metroid game. This number goes entirely to the dedicated fanbase of Ridley that have wanted him since Melee.

Sceptile:

Chance: 10%. This guy is extremely overrated in my opinion. The real reason expects him is to complete an arbitrary pattern with Charizard and Greninja. It certainly could happen, but there's a lot of more popular and prominent Pokemon not in yet, including fellow Hoenn Starter, Blaziken. I would just rather not have any humanoid fighter Pokemon in general.

Want: 5%. I would not mind, but I would much rather have Grovyle.

----------- Predictions:

ABSTAIN FROM ALL.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ridley
Chances: 15%
As it stands, Ridley is a character that I'd like to believe there's more to his situation, but I still find myself very skeptical about. While the boss segment bit could be misleading and I have seen some of the arguments for that case, I still feel that the scenario that he's been put in does not paint a pretty picture as he was still shown at a moment where they were promoting the new Boss mechanic. At face value, that is not a good sign for him. Add to that with the Gematsu leak looking to be real and the fact that I could see Sakurai just promoting him with this new feature, I can't rate Ridley too highly.

He's one of the characters that I've wanted since the Brawl days and I'd be ecstatic to finally have him be playable.

Sceptile
Chances: 5%
I don't think the GWF trio is really on Sakurai's mind as he's never stated that it's a reason in his decision making. Greninja was chosen because Sakurai liked what he could do, and Charizard was likely chosen for popularity reasons, none of those have to do with typing. On top of that, he's not the most popular of his generation nor compared to many other Pokémon outside of it, and he's not the most promoted as those like Blaziken far outstrip him. Even if we consider that he got a Mega, that still doesn't do much as Blaziken got one before him and Swampert got one alongside him, so he's not special in that regard. Finally, and we still don't know if ORAS will have any influence on the game as so far nothing has popped up for them in Smash and they come out 2 months after the Japanese 3DS release. Plus there is Blaziken to consider, who does the job that's being suggested for Sceptile, except by already being promoted, so those remakes may not even help Sceptile's case.

So in short, I don't feel that the arguments brought up for his case don't do enough to sell him as a potential newcomer for the series. The only claim to fame for him is a pattern that can easily not matter in the long run, and that in consideration with his other flaws I think do not lend well to his chances of being in the roster.

Want: 85%
I have fond memories of this line and I do love this Pokémon, so I would enjoy seeing him become playable.

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
Day 257: Dark Pit and Impa?
Day 258: Bandana Waddle Dee and Captain Toad?
I concur. I'll also be relaxing Anna with Robin.

Well, well, well... looks like Viridi's lapdog is a moderator now. First Palutena gets in, then Dark Pit gets teased, and now this? Ugh.

I believe what you meant to say was, "Congratulations!" Or maybe an old-fashioned, "WOW! Incredible!" Seriously, does it kill you to be polite now and again?
Now, down to rating.

WARNING: My ratings from now on out will be... pretty darn pessimistic. As I'll explain tomorrow, I strongly believe that the Gematsu Leak is real. That said, I slightly doubt that we'll get any character who isn't mentioned in the leak. I've said for a long time that, based on Sakurai's comments and the quality of the early newcomers, I doubt we'll break a dozen newcomers. We now have a dozen newcomers.

From now on, my scores for all of the newcomers we rate will only add to 49%. Approximately. I may go a bit over because I fail to consider certain possibilities, but my intent is to show that I don't find a non-Gematsu newcomer likely. Also, this excludes Pokemon scores because I think that may be an exception. If you don't want to have to deal with Dr. Doom and Gloom, I'd advise you kind of avoid reading my personal scores.

Ridley: 10%
Big 'ol Rids is my second-most likely non-Gematsu newcomer. He's been teased--no other newcomer bar Dark Pit can now claim that. Unfortunately, he was teased in the role of a boss, and I have a hunch that's where he'll wind up. Yes, it doesn't really make sense for them to tease him if he's a boss; however, I think that's what they did.

I understand that people have estimated his size as being relatively small and have come up with several other great arguments. That said, I have been unable to replicate that myself; I've stared at that seven-second clip for several hours, and I still can't tell a thing from it.

Ridley: 100%
Gosh, do I hope that my instincts are wrong. Ridley would hype me so, so much. Actually, words can't really describe it. Nor can pictures. This would absolutely make my day.

Sceptile: 5%

As I mentioned before, Pokemon is a more... volatile franchise than any other. I'm willing to say that there could be a Pokemon newcomer or veteran revival, but a veteran revival (and I'm not talking Pichu!) seems a whole lot more likely to me. They initially had a spot set aside for X and Y, but I'm not even sure they knew about Gen III remakes when the roster was being finalized. The point I'm trying to get across--I think Sceptile's time in the limelight came a year too late, and he also faces competition with Blaziken.

Sceptile Want: 100%
I don't want him as much as Ridley, but it would be undeniably awesome having my favorite starter of them all playable in Smash. I've spent 20+ playthroughs leaning on this guy's Leaf Blade attack, and I'd love to have it as my KO move of choice in Smash. It's a toss up between him and Mewtwo for my most wanted Pokemon character remaining; they're both huge parts of my childhood and even my modern gaming experience (I use Mewtwo in ubers, and I still play through Sapphire yearly).

DAY OVER

WARNING! WILD GEMATSU APPROACHING!

Groose

Smash Champion
Ridley
48.41% chance (was 33.02%)
77.02% want (was 74.60%)

Ridley made it clear that he deserved the title of Most Underrated; his chance roared to a point 15% higher than last time. He may not be deemed probable overall, but it's pretty clear that the community is strongly divided on his odds. They're not divided on wanting him; pretty much everyone loves Ridley; he's among our Most Wanted newcomers.

Sceptile
15.29% chance (was 19.49%)
52.43% want (was 59.11%)

Sceptile may have been called our Most Overrated, but his score didn't really drop by much. His chance score fell by just over 4%, which was actually less than the fall in our want score. Overall, Sceptile remains in the same tier he was in before the rerate. SCEPTILE!

Today is the day, brethren. We're going to do it. The Gematsu Leak is on trial, as are the characters Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men. By the Gematsu Leak, I mean the leak in its entirety; all parts of the leak should be real (except things the leaker only cited as possibilities). Tomorrow isn't such a controversial day; two beloved characters will be joining us for a rate! Please predict how King K. Rool and Dixie Kong will do!

NOTICE: I'm aware that the Gematsu Leak is a really sensitive topic. For this reason, I am asking you to refrain from debate and discussion for just this one day. By that I mean state your scores, explain in as much detail you would like, and then lurk until the day ends; DO NOT challenge anyone else's beliefs today. If you really must challenge someone else's opinion on the matter, I suggest you take it to a PM or perhaps the Official Thread for the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak. Normally I think a little debate is healthy, but I don't think that is the case for this day in particular. Please understand.

Projected Schedule:
Day 250: Ridley and Sceptile
Day 251: Gematsu Leak, Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men
Day 252: King K. Rool and Dixie Kong
Day 253: Mewtwo and Jigglypuff
Day 254: Isaac and Takamaru
Day 255: Solid Snake and Lucas
Day 256: Robin and Lucina
Day 257: Bandana Dee and Captain Toad
Day 258: Impa and Ghirahim
Day 259: Medusa and Dark Pit

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Could I please get a list of everything the third leak claims? I can't remember, and it's proving a pain to find.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Okay, here I go....

Gematsu Leak, Chorus Men, Shulk, Chrom...
Chances: It may come as a shock to you...
So as a result, I have decided to post my results in a spoiler.
100% Yes. I fully believe the Gematsu leak is real. There's a substantial amount of evidence for it being correct and barely anything that can change my mind about it. He's gotten everything right, every newcomer so far. Yes, some may say Rosalina means it's fake, but it's all in the matter of the fact that Rosalina may have not been planned due to issues revolving around Ice Climbers early in development. As a result, the research I have done has pointed me to the conclusion that the Gematsu leak is 100% real. It does not, however, say that Lucas is cut. I think that's still up to the team at Bamco and Nintendo, who could have pulled a Brawl. I fully believe that this may the final cast of newcomers, as we have 14 at this point.

Want: 100%- After said research, I find myself very happy with the remaining newcomers and results. I want Character DLC. I want Chrom. Shulk is pretty much my favorite newcomer. I've grown accustomed to Chorus Men and I hope it's a trio. I find myself more intrigued and I cannot wait to see the rest of the newcomers and veterans in action.

PREDICTIONS:
King K. Rool- Crocodile Pun Not Found- 50%
Dixie Kong- Monkey Pun Not Found Either- 50%

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Could I please get a list of everything the third leak claims? I can't remember, and it's proving a pain to find.
- Mii Fighters, Pac-Man, Goddess Palutena, Chorus Men, Shulk, and Chrom are still on the way.
- There has been debate on whether to keep Ness or Lucas. Ness is winning.
- DLC is likely.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Lucas may get cut.

DLC.

And call Miis, "Mii Fighters" before the direct.

EDIT: :4greninja:

Last edited:

Groose

Smash Champion
First Leak: Animal Crossing Guy, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Little Mac, and Miis will be revealed at E3 2013.

Second Leak: Miis and Pac-Man are still coming, but they will be joined by a Pokemon from X and Y, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men, and Palutena.

Third Leak: Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Pac-Man, and Chorus Men are still coming. There's an internal debate to cut either Ness or Lucas, and Lucas is likely to get the cut. Also, DLC will probably happen.

Edit: :4greninja::4greninja:

Last edited:

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
... Lucina was deconfirmed during the Smash Bros direct. Even though she isn't that important, we could do a Robin and Anna day. Other than that the schedule looks good.

Edit: No wait that was Lyn, never mind.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm just going to make this quick:

Gematsu Leak : ABSTAIN

Chrom:
Chance: 45%.
Want: 5%.

Shulk:
Chance: 85%.
Want: 50%.

Chorus Men:
Chance: 20%.
Want: 2%.

EDIT: I forgot my want.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Gematsu leak as a whole:
Chances - 100%. Most of the characters mentioned have been revealed, including some really off-the-wall examples like the Wii Fit Trainer, so I'd say the rest are guaranteed.
Want: 70%. I like most of the characters mentioned (Accidentally aligning things yay) but I'm not keen on Chrom as I feel like he doesn't represent the FE series well, and I'm fairly skeptical on the Chorus Men. I'd love to see Shulk though, I wouldn't mind Chrom and the Chorus Men being in, and it never said that was everyone in the roster *cough*Rosalina*cough*
That being said:
Chrom:
Chances - 100%
Want - 70%
Shulk:
Chances - 100%
Want - 100%
Chorus Men:
Chances - 100%
Want - 40%

Predictions:
King K Rool - 62.6%
Dixie Kong - 55%

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Gematsu: Abstain

Chrom:

Chance: 45% - The fact that Greninja was chosen based on design makes me think that the Fire Emblem rep was too. That means when the Fire Emblem rep was chosen it WAS NOT KNOWN that Awakening would be the most popular in the franchise. Anything can change, even Chrom being a lock in Smash

Want: 0% - #TeamanyonebutChrom

Shulk

Chance: 83% - I'm convinced he's got a very good chance, especially with his Voice Actor being excited that a game he is in, trended right after it was announced.

Want: 50% - I don't have a connection

Chorus Men

Chance: 35% - It went up thanks to the Sneaky Spirit. But i'm not 100% convinced that only playable series will have Smash run enemies.

Want : 15% - I rather have an Idolm@ster or Elite Beat Agent character.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Gematsu 99.99% chance
70% want (assumes not final roster)
Chrom 99.99% chance
30% want
Chorus Men/Kids 99.99% chance
100% want
Shulk 99.99% chance
100% want

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
WARNING: My ratings from now on out will be... pretty darn pessimistic. As I'll explain tomorrow, I strongly believe that the Gematsu Leak is real. That said, I slightly doubt that we'll get any character who isn't mentioned in the leak. I've said for a long time that, based on Sakurai's comments and the quality of the early newcomers, I doubt we'll break a dozen newcomers. We now have a dozen newcomers.

From now on, my scores for all of the newcomers we rate will only add to 49%. Approximately. I may go a bit over because I fail to consider certain possibilities, but my intent is to show that I don't find a non-Gematsu newcomer likely. Also, this excludes Pokemon scores because I think that may be an exception. If you don't want to have to deal with Dr. Doom and Gloom, I'd advise you kind of avoid reading my personal scores.
I am a bit pessimistic too. You know I've been arguing against high ratings from the start.

But when it comes to newcomers I think you're wrong to be so pessimistic. For one, we could get more than 48 characters.

The other reason? Cuts. You have to keep in mind that some characters, especially Lucas, Wolf and Snake (but also Falco and ROB, potentially) aren't out of the woods yet. Any cuts potentially make room for more newcomers.

So I think that while the right place to be predicting for a roster is about... ~48.5 (some chance of lower, some chance of higher, of course)... the chance of a single non-Gematsu newcomer is a lot more than 50%, because the roster could be larger AND there could be other veterans cut.

I'll be giving my thoughts on the Gematsu leak later, but for the short version: I believe it was insider information from a while ago. That doesn't make it 100% likely for it all to come true.

@ Groose Groose Are we supposed to be rating whether the Gematsu leak is a real leak, or whether everything he says will come true? Because I'm convinced pretty much 99.9% that it was a real leak. But there's still some chance that the team changed their mind on something, so the chance he's wrong about something is still there (small though).

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
- Mii Fighters, Pac-Man, Goddess Palutena, Chorus Men, Shulk, and Chrom are still on the way.
- There has been debate on whether to keep Ness or Lucas. Ness is winning.
- DLC is likely.
Thank you!
Lucas may get cut.

DLC.

And call Miis, "Mii Fighters" before the direct.
:4greninja:'d

Alrighty then!

Gematsu leak chances of being real: 85%

I'd like to start by saying I think this guy is legitimate. However, I'm not so sure he's entirely correct, and I'm pretty sure the info we are getting is outdated. Reasoning for this? Well, the way we've been getting the information, and what we've been given. This guy claims to being sent emails by somebody who has the info, correct? Well, I think this guy isn't highly involved in what is actually going on with the game (He was claimed to be part of the marketing team I believe, correct me if I'm wrong)

Now, with the first leak, we got someone predicting 6 characters would be at E3. :4villager::4wiifit::4megaman::4mii::4pacman::4littlemac: Of course, all these characters are confirmed, I wouldn't be able to use these icons if they weren't. Problem is, he claimed they would all be shown at E3. I think that may have been the plan at one point, as I could see Mac, Pacman, and Mii's all being worthy E3 material as well, we got 5 newcomers at Brawl's E3 after all, could have gotten 6 this time. But obviously, that idea was scrapped. Regardless, while the claim was false, the information was true.

With the second leak, right before the Direct, we got 5 more characters. :4greninja::4palutena:Shulk, Chrom, and the Chorus Kids. The biggest reason I question how correct this leak could be is because of Greninja being claimed as "An XY Pokemon" rather then, well, Greninja. There is only one logical reason for this: That was all the guy knew about the Pokemon, and with the Smash roundtable, we have a reason why. Sakurai said a slot was set aside for Greninja, who was probably only labeled as an XY Pokemon at the time. This is where my 85% comes from, which I can back up later as well: I think, when those slots were set aside, is when our leaker got that info.

Another reason I think this guy isn't fully correct is that he's missed a character. I am speaking, of course, about :rosalina:. Defend it all you want, but the cold hard truth is that he made no mention of her whatsoever.

And then we come to the third leak, which was when I was positive that there was something wrong with the information. We got reconfirmation that the 2nd leak characters were coming, but furthermore, we got 2 other claims:
- There is talk of cutting either Ness or Lucas.
- DLC is likely

There is something very, very wrong with this. There is no way, at this point in development, that they would still be arguing about cutting characters, especially 2 characters with many similarities. Which means that this info came very early in development. However, we also got info that DLC is likely, which Sakurai stated that there were no plans for early in development. If plans are being made, the decision was made fairly recently, probably in order to add characters that couldn't quite make it into the game before it would be released.

This information is, at the very least, spotty. We've gotten bold claims from the other 2 leaks, but this one is a reconfirmation and 2 possibilities. I think the guy has simply run out of good info. It's perfectly possible that, once the initial information was leaked out, that things were kept more under wraps from teams not involved with certain aspects of the game. In one of the treehouse videos, the treehouse members talked about how annoying it was that they had to keep Pacman secret, there are apparently "layers" of secrecy surrounding Nintendo's projects.

EDIT: Oh, and as for calling Miis "Mii Fighters", well, that was shown in the Digital Event. If this is a Nintendo employee, one involved in marketing no less, I'm sure they would have seen this.

All in all, I definitely think the leaker is legitimate. The leaks are more questionable, but could very well be true.

Want: 45%

Shulk is cool, and I'd like him. I don't want Fire Emblem to have 3 blue haired sword wielding lords and the Chorus Men don't seem like good representatives of the Rhythm Heaven franchise. Character DLC, on the other hand, is fantastic in my opinion, and Ness/Lucas being cut is irrelevant to me if that's the case, because I'm sure they'll be DLC if one is cut.

Now, on to the actual characters:

Shulk Chance: 100%

X being a Xenoblade Chronicles game sold me on this. His game has become a series, the first game was popular and the second one already has a very strong following. He's a highly requested character, and his inclusion makes sense. And it's very unlikely that the leaker could have mistaken Shulk for someone else.

Want: 50%

Indifferent, as I haven't played Chronicles. To damn expensive, I have a college budget. :p

Chrom Chance: 95%

Most likely 3rd Fire Emblem character, sadly. This is another character that I don't think the leaker could have gotten incorrectly. But as there are other characters that could have taken his place, unlike Shulk, he isn't a surefire deal.

Want: 0%

I don't want Chrom. At all. I like his character, but we already have Ike and Marth. I don't want Fire Emblem to become the next Star Fox in Smash Bros.

Chorus Men Chance: 70%

I don't think it's likely that the leaker could have messed this one up. But I do think it's unlikely that they will be what actually represents the Rhythm Heaven franchise. (I definitely think we will have a representative in some form, Smash Run enemies points to this, but doesn't confirm it, didn't Dig Dug have representation to?) They aren't even the most iconic part of Rhythm Heaven, they are in one mini game if I remember correctly. They have a reconfirmation of turning up, which boosts their chances, but I don't think they are definitely going to be in.

A Rhythm Heaven character would be fantastic, and the Chorus Men could very well do that. After seeing what Sakurai has done with other characters I can't wait to see what he does with the RH franchise. But there are better choices that I would rather have.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
We don't rate characters with DLC chance this is all about IN game characters

Ridley
Chances: 60%
Not going so optimistic about him, he is hinted Sakurai is troll anything is posible

Want: 68%
Don't remember my previous rating but Ridley has grown on me

Sceptile
Honestly completing a trinity is not relevant to smash, it's all about moveset potencial, does Sceptile have it? maybe but completing the trinity is not enough to include him.

Previously I said Charizard and Greninja are dual typed but Sceptile isn't now he has a mega evo which turns him Grass/Dragon everyone dual typed right? but now Greninja is the only one without a Mega so maybe 2 out of 3 are part of a pattern but there is one always left out.

This become relevant for people that support the flawed 3 starter argument arguing that the pattern is there but if you look closely there is not such a thing.

Jigglypuff and maybe Mewtwo

Sakurai might have know about the remakes before hand? maybe but you know he might KNOW about POKEMON Z so I guess we can expect a pokemon or new mega for that game too right?

It's indifferent to me

Gematsu leak 88.2%
I have play this game in the past thats why I give Ridley and Sceptile 7.77% if I was counting in DLC I would give a higher chance, it was more of a sarcasm or insight if you want, are you happy now with my rating?

.n_n.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Chrom: 95% Chance / 15% Want
Not 100% on the off chance that Chrom + Someone else is included in a tag team form.

Shulk: 100% Chance / 65% Want
Gematsu is real

Chorus Men: 95% Chance / 95% Want
Not 100% in case Marshall or some other rhythm heaven character gets in if Chorus Men prove too complex but the idea is to keep them

The Leak itself: 100% Chance / 100% Want
Judging the leak purely on its own, I love the characters in it and I think it's totally legit at this point. Though it will take a substantial hit to the want category if the three I've talked about above are the last three non-Brawl veterans we see (MEWTWO)

Also here have a leak to celebrate Gematsu Day

Burigu

Smash Ace
I have play this game in the past thats why I give Ridley and Sceptile 7.77% if I was counting in DLC I would give a higher chance, it was more of a sarcasm or insight if you want, are you happy now with my rating?

.n_n.
O.o It's not that I was happy or angry before, I was just trying to be helpful, to be fair it's universally agreed sarcasm is more difficult to pull of just writting it and your previous post has no sign of it, not even the troll face, to make everybody aware you were joking :)

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Here it is, the crux of all further speculation on SSB4 newcomers. Amazing how much the confirmation of two old rumors completely changes the playing field, both with some huge chance improvements today and a lot of plummeting ratings in the coming days especially.

Gematsu Leak - 100%
I don't normally like to give 100%s here because of how bold it is: we're saying something is guaranteed to be true despite not having official confirmation. However, this past E3 week has come as close as possible to confirming the leak without explicitly revealing all the remaining characters in the leak. Considering the three reveals were the three most likely characters remaining from the leak, which themselves don't prove the leak, that's pretty dang impressive.

First, just to get it out of the way: no, Rosalina doesn't disprove anything. Looking back, it appears the original leak was a short list of characters being considered for reveal at E3 2013, not a full list of newcomers, so it's perfectly believable that Rosalina would be left off if her reveal was always intended to be later. Second, there's the Greninja issue. Before, it seemed incredibly fishy that the leaker would call the infinitely more predictable "X/Y Pokemon" with the second leak. Now, we have Sakurai himself saying that a slot was reserved for an X/Y Pokemon, and that they settled on Greninja specifically later on. It seemed like a hole before, but now it only helps to prove how real the leak is. Third, the latest bit of the leak didn't bring much information, but it did update the Miis to Mii Fighters before they were revealed as such, which not only removes that name ambiguity but seems to prove the guy is working with inside information. Finally, we got a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run, which almost proves the leak by itself considering the Chorus Men were by far the questionable of the remaining characters on the list. Without the information that came out during E3, there might still be reasonable skepticism of the Gematsu leaks, but taken altogether, it's difficult to say that there isn't at least some truth to the leak, and personally I'm not really seeing a significant weakness left. However it came about, the leak is real, and there's little point in trying to deny it from here on out.

A Quick Disclaimer: I'm giving my rating as the chance that the leak is real, not that the characters will all pan out as predicted as you'll see in a moment. This isn't a slight against the leak so much as an acknowledgement that plans can and will change in development, otherwise we wouldn't have eccentricities like the Forbidden Seven in Brawl. If I must rate based on the chance all of the predictions come true, than use the aggregate chance I provide at the bottom of this post based on the next three ratings. The leak itself, though, has proven itself in my eyes to be credible, thus the rating above.

Want - 25% - I'm not happy about this leak. If the list pans out perfectly from hereon out, it's quite likely that none of my top newcomer picks made it in, Ridley is only a stage hazard despite the heavy teasing, and somehow DK failed to get a newcomer. The leak kills a lot of the remaining fun in predicting newcomers, and while the list of characters that got in isn't necessarily bad, it doesn't leave me that much to be excited for. Not quite bad enough to be a 0% want, but I'm definitely not a fan.

Shulk - 95%
Let's start with the most likely of the three at this point. Unlike the other two characters, if Sakurai wanted to include Shulk, there's little reason to believe he would switch to any other character. There's no other character that could realistically steal the spotlight from Shulk within his own franchise, especially with the revelation this week that X's protagonist will be fully customizable. In fact, the only reason I leave any doubt at all with Shulk is that we still haven't seen a single reference to Xenoblade Chronicles in SSB4, whereas Awakening has long had a reference via Arena Ferox and we've even had a Rhythm Heaven enemy leak by now. That leaves the edge case that maybe he fails to make the disc due to some development issue, and any references to the series could have been pushed back with him to DLC. That would be a massive surprise at this point, though, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him revealed before the game launches in a few months.

Want - 50% - So it appears that Shulk is in and Isaac likely isn't. Can't say I'm thrilled by that, but Shulk's got serious potential to impress if he is implemented well, so a strong reveal could really help ease the pain and even make me a fan. Here's hoping!

Chrom - 75%
I've long rated Chrom well below the average because I firmly believed that Lucina or Robin could steal the spotlight. Unfortunately, it appears that the Gematsu leak proves me wrong on that front, as it implies that Chrom was always intended to be our expected Awakening rep. So, why the continued doubt? Well, I still think Lucina in particular could steal the spot. At this point we know that both Marth and Ike are in, so adding a third male, blue-haired lord is exceedingly redundant. Lucina, while still fitting the mold to a significant degree, at least brings some diversity to the table as a female, and since she shares the same skill-set as her father, she could feasibly have been switched in late in development to address that diversity issue. She's also extremely popular in her own right, which certainly would help her case if they were to consider the switch. Maybe I'm just being overly hopeful as a Lucina fan myself, especially since they could just as easily make her a Chrom skin and appease fans of both characters, but personally I have enough doubt that I can't keep Chrom in the same tier that Shulk now occupies.

Want - 50% - I like FE characters in Smash, but boy would Chrom be an underwhelming pick. Here's hoping the Lucina costume theory at the minimum pays off so Chrom could go from a boring pick to a much more interesting one.

Chorus Men - 75%
So, Gematsu leak confirmed, Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run, therefore Chorus Men are confirmed, right? Well, I certainly believe they were intended for inclusion at the very least: that old quote about having trouble implementing team characters takes on a whole new meaning now that we know a trio was in development. My primary doubt here stems out of that quote: if implementing the trio proved to be too problematic, it's all too easy to see Sakurai changing his plans and switching the kids out for Marshal in particular, who could likely reuse most or even all of the Chorus Men's intended moveset without the problems that may arise from using a trio. This partially stems from my belief that the Chorus Men would fight by summoning elements from the various Rhythm Heaven minigames to do the fighting for them, a mantle which Marshal could adopt easily. That said, if we start with the base assumption that the leak is real, it appears the Chorus Men stayed the Chorus Men throughout development, so they earn a strong rating until evidence arises that something may have actually changed.

(Random note: back when the second Gematsu leak came out and we first rated the Chorus Men, I gave them a pitiful 1% because of how inherently surprising and random their inclusion would be if Sakurai actually did it. Guess we're in that 1%, eh?)

Want - 0% - The funny thing is, I can easily envision these guys winning me over with whatever creative moveset they utilize. I am myself a longtime chorister and a former music major in college, so I'm predisposed to like a music-based character if done well. I'm just having great difficulty reconciling the idea of such a random character making it in right now, especially one with so little inherent fighting capability, while other truly great characters failed to make the cut. As such, it's all too easy right now to pin all my frustrations with the game and the Gematsu leak in general at the Chorus Men. Maybe they change my mind, but for now, all I know is I didn't want a playable Rhythm Heaven character, and if we had to get one, I sure didn't want it to be a trio.

Finally, if we multiply those three chances together, we get the chance of all three making it in at 53.4%. Pretty low, honestly, but if I'm going to stick with the above ratings, that's what the number ends up being. I'll definitely be operating under the assumption that the three are in until proven otherwise, and I gotta say, I'd be all too happy to be proven wrong on this front.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All of this has been added to the Directory.
If you have rated any of these, check to see what you've said on their days!

I would usually give separate scores for this... but I shall rate the Gematsu Leak, Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men all in one rating. They will all have different want scores, however.
Oh, and no giant Shulk post this time. It isn't necessary here.
Before I give my chance score, let's analyze the Gematsu leak.

It gives us a total of 11 newcomers, 12 if you count Rosalina. From a numerical standpoint, this would make sense due to the comments from Sakurai that have been thrown around. There could be room for other characters, but the leak could potentially impair the chances of many newcomers.
The first post was very simple:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996
He predicted Villager (Animal Crossing Guy), Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Miis, and Pac-Man would appear at E3. To everyone's surprise, Wii Fit Trainer was shown off as a newcomer. Why? One cannot simply predict the Wii Fit Trainer. Sure, you have a couple of joke posts from yore, but that's what they were... jokes. If I legitimately and seriously told you before E3 2013 that Wii Fit Trainer was going to be playable, you wouldn't believe me. Sakurai even said that she was chosen because no one wanted her. Sal Romano claims that he has been tipped:
http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros
The leak could theoretically been proven false since the latter three weren't shown at E3, but this was thrown out the water when Little Mac was confirmed in February. Sure, he was far more predictable by then, but it shows that the leak was still alive.

The second post was mere hours before the Smash Direct and it came with another claim. It said that Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, Chorus Men, and "Pokemon from X & Y" were playable.
http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros
Two things are immediately odd. Chorus Men?! Really?! Who would predict that? And Pokemon from X & Y?! That could mean anything!
To everyone's surprise Greninja was shown. The leak was slightly more credible to the eyes of some. Look at the results from the first page of this thread; the most expected outcome from Pokemon was Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo. Now that Greninja is in the picture and the Pokemon Trainer was cut... this isn't exactly the case. On the other hand, it could have been seen as fake due to the vagueness of "Pokemon from X & Y." Is this info outdated? Is he faking it?
Regardless, I originally put this at 51.73% in chance. I stated that that characters like Wii Fit Trainer, Pokemon from X & Y, and Chorus Men made this leak more credible as no one would actually predict these characters. It reflected my thoughts of the leak going 50/50, but I leaned it more towards it being real.

The latest post was shown before E3... and this is critical.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ano-gematsu-leak.353570/page-52#post-16866157
Hey, guys.

Funny that this page is talking about a new e-mail, because that's exactly why I'm here. Received one last night, but missed it in the mix of all this crazy E3 coverae.

But there's not much new about it, so I didn't think it was worth posting on the site.

I'll leave what it says here, though, in case you guys can use it in any way.

Basically, I was told that:

- Last E3 before game's launch (obviously)
- Participating characters: Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Goddess Palutena, Shulk, Chrom, Chorus Men (none of these are new, obv, so I take he means these are the participating characters for E3?)
- There has been internal debate about keeping Lucas versus Ness, apparently Lucas is likely to get the cut
- Nintendo is planning post-launch character DLC, source doesn't like this as he thinks it's greedy

And that's it. This E3 should make or break whether this guy's the real deal. Let's hope for the best! =)
Why is this critical? He mentioned the Miis by their official name; Mii Fighters. This adds more credibility for this fact alone. Palutena and Pac-Man were neutral in the leak due to being highly predictable, but the fact that he was spot-on with the name alone adds more to Sal Romano's case.

The second most critical part came from the round table. When asked about Greninja, here was Sakurai's response:
"Q: When did they decide to include Greninja?
A: All of the characters to consider were on our internal roster from the beginning of development. We had a slot for a new Pokemon reserved, but did not way for X and Y. We decided to use Greninja well before X/Y came out, based on early reference drawings."

This means that another argument was thrown away. The vagueness of "Pokemon from X & Y" shows that this information was indeed outdated and not a part of some fake leak. An interesting tidbit from pre-Brawl is that Ike wasn't immediately chosen, he was simply was known as "Fire Emblem character"; Sakurai was aware of Ike, but he wanted Intelligent Systems to choose. This means that Game Freak did what Intelligent Systems did years ago; Greninja was known as "Pokemon from X & Y" and was chosen later on by Sakurai.

The final part is the Sneaky Spirit from Rhythm Heaven:

Aside from a few people, nobody took Rhythm Heaven as a serious contender for a character. With this going through the cracks, it shows that Rhythm Heaven is indeed getting content. What could this content include? A character. Almost every character represented series in Smash has been accounted for and has been given enemies in Smash Run. The obvious character here is the Chorus Men due to the leak alone...

The Gematsu Leak, Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men Chance Score: 95%
I believe this leak is true, but I am not 100% certain. I can see Sakurai throw a curveball and not have these characters be playable, but they are so damn close to shoo-in status.
As a brief thing, I don't see how Rosalina means that the leak is false. It doesn't prove anything other than the fact that more might come. I also don't think that the "Animal Crossing Guy" should also be used as an argument when Brawl calls him that as well. The Villager doesn't have an identity, unlike characters like Tom Nook.
To briefly cover the characters...
Shulk now comes from an established series. Xenoblade Chronicles is no longer a one-and-done thing, it's becoming a full series for Nintendo. I say that without this leak, I would still hold Shulk in high regards for reasons already mentioned for two days. He has a lot going for him and a lot of merits.
Chrom is one of the main characters from Fire Emblem: Awakening. He has been highly demanded by fans and casuals alike. What is also important to note is that Chrom comes from the game that saved his franchise; the game honestly deserves some respect. If Intelligent Systems had to choose one character for Sakurai, it would probably be Chrom. (I have a FE chart prepared for Robin's day and I will share more of my thoughts there.)
Chorus Men come from a pretty popular mini game in Rhythm Heaven and they would introduce rhythmic and song games in the Smash universe, something that hasn't majorly been represented. The series also has a major cult-following. I sense that Sakurai saw potential in this series for not only characters, but also for content. For the record, I would also give Marshal a 95% as I sense that either one of these two could get in.
Overall... I sense that the Gematsu leak is definitely real, but I'm not entirely certain. I am convinced that it's real.

As for want.
The Gematsu Leak Want: 100%
Look, I would rate this lower if Shulk was confirmed at E3, but he didn't show up. This leak makes him a lock if it's real and I only want it to be real is because of him. Not having him in Smash is an absolute crime to me... but I will explain why in my Want score below. Though I would be upset if Bandana Dee and King K. Rool won't make it because the leak is real, Shulk is enough to appease me for the loss.
Shulk Want: 100%
I've mentioned it time and time again; Shulk is my most wanted newcomer and is one of my favorite video game characters of all-time. Not only do I find him to be a cool character, but he is honestly a character that I can relate to. When I first played Xenoblade, I liked Shulk from the very beginning. When he triumphed in the game, I cheered for him. When he felt anguished, I felt sorry for him. In terms of Smash, he offers a lot with the Monado and I think that it would make him far more unique than a certain blue-haired swordsman in the Gematsu leak. Not putting Shulk in Smash would be just as big of a crime as cutting Mewtwo from Brawl. It would be a massive missed opportunity for both Nintendo and Monolith Soft as he could bring a lot with him; uniqueness, beautiful areas, fantastic characters, and amazing music. He is a character that needs to happen. Gladly, with the Gematsu leak being assuredly real, I don't have to worry as much. I've already decided that he's going to be my second main and I can't wait to try him out! BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE MONADO!
Oh! I should also mention that if you want to see why I love this game and why I like Shulk as a character, you should watch Chuggaaconroy's LP of Xenoblade Chronicles. That should be enough if you can't find a copy! It might also give you an idea as to how he could be in Smash!
Chrom Want: 10%
I will admit, Awakening made me warm up to him a little bit. Regardless, I find him to be an incredibly bland hero. I love Awakening, but I can't put it above Xenoblade for the blandness of Chrom, Lucina, and Robin. If I want another swordsman, I rather have Owain; he might not bring much, but he is at least funny as hell! Hell, I rather take Tharja over Chrom to be honest; honestly, a moveset using all sorts of magic and tomes would lend itself a whole lot of uniqueness in Smash. I guess you can say that I'm biased since I like Owain and Tharja, but I just can't relate to Chrom. He is the complete opposite of Shulk for me; when something bad happened to him in the story, I was upset, but I didn't feel as sorry for him as I was with Shulk. I can't relate to this guy at all. Also, his abilities don't stick out to me as anything unique. I have even given him the nickname of "Captain McBlushy Bland" for how unrealistic his blush is and for how bland of a hero he is. The point is, in a game filled with different personalities, Chrom doesn't stand out to me at all.
Chorus Men Want: 50%
I am conflicted with this one. On one hand, the Chorus Men would be incredibly unique and could be fun to play as. I am interested to see how they play. On the other hand... I never played a Rhythm Heaven game and thus have no connection with them... and I am scared if they become the next set of Ice Climbers. I'm interested to see how Sakurai and the team approach them.

King K. Rool Prediction: 68.93%
I guess an enemy from his past appeared, but the Gematsu leak should impair his chances.
Dixie Kong Prediction: 43.58%
Nothing to say here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Gematsu Leak
Chance - 100%
Want - 50%

It has been proven right with Wii Fit Trainer since day one.... a character no one could guess. and they also got Pacman, Little Mac, and Mii fighters. this leak is 100% true as far as i'm concerned

Chrom
Chance - 100%
Want - 50%

Shulk
Chance - 100%
Want - 50%

Chorus Men
Chance - 100%
Want - 55%

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
O.o It's not that I was happy or angry before, I was just trying to be helpful, to be fair it's universally agreed sarcasm is more difficult to pull of just writting it and your previous post has no sign of it, not even the troll face, to make everybody aware you were joking :)
Meh... I know, anyway thanks for trying to be helpful but I can only see new characters to be considered now if they are in the Gematsu Leak, the others like Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Bowser Jr. are now more probable as DLC.

.n_n.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Gematsu Leak
Chance: 99.99% - From a respectable source, one that also got 8/11 of his leaks correct. The numbers don't lie.
Want: 100% - IF that's not the the final newcomer roster. Add these guys, King K. Rool, and Takamaru, and then I'll be 100% satisfied. Smash will be complete for this run, then (Pun not intended)

Chrom:
Chance: 99.99% - Gematsu Leak is real to me.
Want: 35% - Actually indifferent on this guy, but never had a real attachment to him. Marth and Ike seemed fine. But I won't mind him in.

Chorus Men/Kids/Marshal:
Chance: 99.99% - Gematsu Leak is real to me. Will make or break the leak. RH enemy in Smash Run. The evidence... oh God... the evidence.
Want: 100% - Give me dat Rhyhtm-Based Fighter!!!

Shulk:
Chance: 99.99% - Gematsu Leak is real to me. Xenoblade Sequel confirmed.
Want: 100% - The Manado will be mine to command ONCE MORE!

Tomorrow:

Dixie Kong:
45.75%
King K. Rool: 64.85%

@ Groose Groose - We can't nom right now, can we?

chronomantic

Smash Ace
-Sal Romano Leak
Chance: 80% - only three more to go. Getting 8/11 is impressive and that's what some people don't get. They say all the time they were easy guesses and that's just hindsight bias specially when Wii fit trainer is on the list. The leak has been consistently right so far and hasn't been wrong not once with their character reveals. Having said that, I dislike being absolutely sure about anything so just for the sake of maintaining a healthy level of skepticism I'll refrain from a 100% rating.
Want: 80% - I like Pac-man and I love the idea of the Chorus Kids but I'm not too crazy about Chrom and I don't know anything about Shulk. But specially I don't want this to be the final roster, I always want more and more characters.

-Chrom
Chance: 80% - same rating as the leak right?
Want: 0% - I'd rather have Lucina.

-Shulk
Chance: 80%
Want: 40% - I don't know anything about this guy but I love the idea of more RPG rep and he could have an interesting gameplay.

-Chorus Kids
Want: 100% - I'm really excited about this (potential) newcomer. They're such a creative, original, adorable etc choice. The idea of them having an all sound-based moveset is really attractive to me.

Last edited:

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Gematsu Leak
Chance: Abstain
Want: Abstain
Not sure how to rate this. DLC characters would be pretty hype, though- as long as it's not just veterans.

Shulk
Chance: 98%
Want: 60%
I haven’t played Xenoblade Chronicles yet, but I plan to do it near the end of summer when I have more time. Given its critical acclaim it must be pretty good. I wonder if Shulk will have some unique trick that pays homage to the Monado’s foresight ability. I’m not sure how they could work that in.

Chrom
Chance: 98%
Want: 15%
We already have enough sword wielders in Smash. He does have an aesthetically pleasing design, though… trying to think positively here.

Chorus Men
Chance: 92%
Bring it on. I hope they come with some revolutionary moveset in which their attacks involve rhythmic input to become more potent. If it’s just Ice Climbers +1, well then, that’d be sad. They are pretty cute.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Gemastu leak:
Chance: 95%
Mii fighters is all I needed to hear.

Want: to no longer have Gematsu leak discussions
Ugh. I'm so sick of having these...

Shulk:
Chance: 96%
Gematsu.
Want: 70%
I'm cool with him.

Chrom: 98%
I've always been confident in him, with or without gematsu.
Want: 95%
I actually really like him. And NO, he will not be Marth/Ike 2.0.

"Chorus men"
I still think this is marshall, or Rhythm kids, or SOMETHING else.
Want: 50%.
I'm neutral on them.

Predictions:
K. Rool and Dixie Kong::alakadoof:%. I'm sorry, I saw this icon and just had to do this:awesome:

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Gematsu Leak
Chance: 85%
-I want to leave room for potential error or roster changes, but I feel like the information is legitimately obtained and reported.

Chrom
Want: 50%
-I've been following discussions about this, and it seems like the leak could have mistakenly assumed Chrom was in over another Awakening character. I don't know enough about the game to argue either way, but it's a valid point, so I'm giving him 80%. As for want, I feel like Robin or Lucina would be better options because they're [from what I hear] more crucial to the game than Chrom and would be respectable female representatives.

Shulk
Chance: 95%
-I haven't played Xeneblade, but Shulk seems like a unique and wonderful option for a character. He seems capable of a very creative move-set despite being another sword-wielder, which is very important to note. Also, he's from a popular game (well, franchise now), which really helps out. I'm really hoping he's in, and will probably main him if he is.

Chorus Men
Want: 70%
-Same situation as Chrom, pretty much. As for want, I wouldn't say I'm too hyped, but obviously I won't complain if they're in, might even try 'em out (then again, I always mess around with all the newcomers).

And I abstain from predictions for tomorrow.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Well, it's here by the looks of it, and people are convinced...

Chance: Abstain
Want: 0%

That goes for everything. I'm going to quit this game, if this is how it's going to turn out then I see no point in discussion anymore... it's not even going to be fun from here on out, and the game looks like it's going to flop (seriously, what are they planning to market it with?).

Off to play Mario Kart!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom