• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Wolf plox!

nocturne55

Smash Cadet
Well, "plox" should never be used ever, for one.

Don't land on bananas, be more careful with DACUS/fsmash, always be careful with bair, etc.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I only watched about halfway through-- six minutes is a long time. :p You obviously know the Wolf vs. Diddy matchup very well. :)

Honestly, it looks to me like you're on the right track. I have nothing to say, other than keep up the good work. :)

SelfPossessed

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Castor. That's one terrible Wolf. You should just quit Brawl.

I have this sinking suspicion that audauro is actually JJ. XD

mith132

Smash Apprentice
You really do know the matchup against diddy well. (I especially liked your grab banana thing at 3:50). You should really post more vids so it's easier to evaluate. And don't downsize yourself, you have a pretty good wolf.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Not bad, but there are some areas where you need help in...you should punish his stationary dodges with Usmash so instead of grabbing, run up and Usmash (The DACUS is too telegraphed so he knows to just shield it), followed by AAA to make it hard to punish, when he begins shielding go back to grabbing. Also, there were some times were you just stood there and shielded, you should jump away, the Diddy has too many options, he can run in and Grab/feign the Grab and Fsmash/Shield poke with Dsmash...You should use your Shine more, but don't leave it on as long as you did. Try to be aware of the Diddy's position when you pick up bananas because he punished you a few times when you went for them. More matches would be better to judge.

Come on Wolf Board, give some actual advice.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
April Fools guys. That probably was Castor.

Look at the date of the post.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
6 minutes against a diddy, thats ridiculous. he's so light and probably one of the easiest characters to punish in this game due to his lack of safe approaches. diddy's so light and the bananas only make it easier to get kills. your edge guarding needs improvement. you kinda jump off and then do nothin. next time do something, shoot, do a lot of things! dairs, fairs, bears, any attack would be fine. what you're doing is like taunting him or something *got mindgamed maybe*.

Terribad bair usage. A lot of your full jumps should be short hops. I mean diddy is so short, and you're trying to full hop bair him. On the other hand your fairs were great.

Your lazor game is decent, and your dacus' are alright. You had like one really nice dacus, but yea. Maybe spam those lazors a bit more. I'd say at least 5 each time you did 1.

For your grab game, implement more pivot grabs. In fact, all those grabs you missed would have worked had you pivot grabbed. Pivot grab like a mad man, and you will be much better. Thats what ally does.

Lastly, really at 5:44? come on.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Not really, I could be totally wrong but those techniques looked very similar, he could have been screwing around.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
The youtube account was made on April 1st as well.

It's probably castor. The Wolf reminds me of castor as well. He used item boost and boost smash and looked absolutely ******** (which, to me, defines good wolves everywhere).

castorpollux

Smash Champion
LOL

It's not possible for another Wolf to play like me or use the same banana stuff that I do =O ?!?!

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
try spaming his down smash and up one as well. try not to get knocked off da board scince wolf's recovery sucks.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
I can't even begin to take this seriously, especially with the plox.

Anyone else notice the absence of the original poster talking at all?

audauro

Smash Rookie
Well, "plox" should never be used ever, for one.

Don't land on bananas, be more careful with DACUS/fsmash, always be careful with bair, etc.
Terribad bair usage. A lot of your full jumps should be short hops. I mean diddy is so short, and you're trying to full hop bair him. On the other hand your fairs were great.

Your lazor game is decent, and your dacus' are alright. You had like one really nice dacus, but yea. Maybe spam those lazors a bit more. I'd say at least 5 each time you did 1.

For your grab game, implement more pivot grabs. In fact, all those grabs you missed would have worked had you pivot grabbed. Pivot grab like a mad man, and you will be much better. Thats what ally does.
try spaming his down smash and up one as well. try not to get knocked off da board scince wolf's recovery sucks.
Make sure to throw in some SH shines, SHFF fairs, and never forget fsmash as a last resort.
Hullo evrybady! Senkyou 4 yore inpoots. I will stop Dacusing around now caz it seemed i got punished for it a lot. I will also spam blaster more =) and Dsmash and Usmash and pivot grabs =D. I'll be as good as ally yay!

Senkyall 4 making me a butter Wolfie.

ploxploxplox

nocturne55

Smash Cadet

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
Hullo evrybady! Senkyou 4 yore inpoots. I will stop Dacusing around now caz it seemed i got punished for it a lot. I will also spam blaster more =) and Dsmash and Usmash and pivot grabs =D. I'll be as good as ally yay!

Senkyall 4 making me a butter Wolfie.

ploxploxplox
You very welcmoe caster, er audauro =) im sure one day you'll be much butter.

Btw, i saw this vid of your wolf long ago JJ, so nice try =p

Your banana game could get a lil better though. You always threw the banana at the diddy, i mix it up between that and jump, throw in front or on top of them, bair shield into banana if the former or bair sh bair to punish if they went for the banana or grab it again even. Things like that. I mean you didnt really need to up your game against that diddy (i wasnt really impressed by it, but thats prolly cuz im always around norcal diddy's) but yea against a better one its good.

EDIT: (due to lack of plox)
lets wolf ditto next time you're in norcal ploxploxploxplox. maybe even wreck people in teams or somethin. at least friendly teams, seems to be the only time when i have a decent partner.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
I mean you didnt really need to up your game against that diddy (i wasnt really impressed by it, but thats prolly cuz im always around norcal diddy's) but yea against a better one its good.
Norcal Diddy's are overrated.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I've played diddys all across the country so I think I'm a pretty good judge of how good a diddy is. The only diddy that I have played in norcal that I would consider better than rvkevin is nanerz. And even then, rvkevin knows the wolf match-up better than nanerz. From what I've seen, he'd probably beat any wolf in west coast,other than lucien, in a tourney set.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
From what I've seen, he'd probably beat any wolf in west coast,other than lucien, in a tourney set.
probably cuz i didnt play wolf yet, lol.

all the same, i'll trust your word in that he's a good diddy. couldn't really find any other vids of him unfortunately, but yea i guess it was a lil harsh rating someone's character when they're in a bad match up.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Anyways, I guess you guys saw past the April fools joke that i played =p

Yeah this is actually a recent video of me playing my friend Turtl (rvkevin). I hadn't played in a week so my speed hugging was a bit rusty, but other than that I thought I played pretty well. I just kind of wanted to see honest criticisms of my wolf.

choice, you mentioned lots of things like my bair game being terribad. You might have a point, but I never really liked SH bairs unless i'm sure it'll hit. SH bairs are more predictable than the full hop bairs that I've been doing. SHFF bairs makes landing too predictable. It's obvious where the wolf will land, and even more obvious when the wolf is gonna release the bair. If the Turtl had a banana in his hand, and I try to do a SHFF bair he will just shield the bair and then glidetoss out of it to **** me. If he doesn't have a banana in his hand, and he sees me do a short hop, he's just gonna perfect shield the bair since it's soo obvious when I'm gonna release it. A full hop bair+ff bair gives you wayyy more options. 1, he doesn't know exactly where I'm going to land (since i still have my double jump), and 2 he doesn't know when I'll release the bair (or even if i will release it). This makes it harder to punish.

Also, I don't like spamming blaster against diddy kongs caz they outcamp wolf. I generally don't like blastering more than twice on the ground since everyone I play against always powershields it. For me, blasters are really only meant to snipe people when they are off the ground and out of reach.

Ur right about my grab game. I was whiffing a lot of grabs.

Someone else mentioned how i was dacusing too much lol. I'm actually not fooling around... It's just how i play against diddy. JC item throw -> dacus. It's pretty safe if done in the right situations as u can see in the video... I don't think i was ever punished for it.

I just developed that playstyle vs diddy and it's proven to be very very successful.

Anyways, Turtl/rvkevin is a good diddy. He also plays me every day so he knows the wolf match-up very very well. Pretty much, u can never land a d-smash on him unless it's comboed with bananas, so he lives to pretty high percentages. He also knows how to counter my wolf vs diddy style better than any other diddy I played (when i was in norcal I didn't develop this style yet since I didn't know about all the banana combos and I couldn't even do the item-boost consistently yet).

Choice, just out of curiosity, which diddy kong players in norcal were u comparing Turtl to?

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
What I said was probably already said, but here's what I put on AiB:

Hey, castor, this looks very familiar... Wait for my critique... I'm editing it in.

EDIT:

I noticed hasty grabs that failed because our friend Turtl dodged. I also saw that you flashed back on stage under the Diddy, which nearly gave me a heart attack. I screamed, "Don't jump into the ****!" For some odd reason, there was no ****, but it still surprised me you jumped in there.

I also saw once or twice, some slipping of the banana. Again, gave me a mild heart attack.

Watch the boost smashing. I saw you do it three times in a row, which to me, even though I ***** the technique out like a scrub, know it's not a good idea. I get punished for doing it even against Joker, and he's not even good (I'm not good either, point being, even he predicts it). I've even gotten grabbed out of it before, so you should be hesitant about doing it. You did have good use of it to punish though, very nice.

At around 2:58, were you trying to get him to slip on the banana and downsmash him? I wouldn't do that again, unless it's very cleverly hidden, because it leaves you open and is obvious. If you weren't trying to do that, well... Know that dsmash range is not THAT GOOD. lol

While "don't jump into the ****", I find that "Get the **** off of you" is more important. (3:16) I wouldn't say there was much you could do, but "don't let the **** jump on you" is also a nice analogy.

(3:52) lmao

(4:12) was another bad time do boost smash, seeing as he had two bananas at his disposal. He could have started a chain.

(5:04) You're not snake. lolz His boost smash does not cover entire continents. jk

Nice finish.

5:04 - 5:12 It's at times like these that you have to be very careful. His damage was 123. Since this is an inside joke and is strictly superstitious, I won't explain, but do me favor and always be VERY scared when the opponent or you have 123.

Really, at the end of the day, nice Wolf.

JJ, have you ever thought of using lightstepping? It might help your game a little better, if not helping you react to the glitch.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Yeah i know i boost smash a lot. I actually like doing it against diddy after a JC item toss caz it moves me to exactly where I threw the banana while attacking the entire ground between it. It also picks bananas up too if u space it right. It's also really really hard to punish if you are boost smashing to a banana after u JC throw it. I didn't get punished for it really. The second hit often shield pokes diddy kongs too.

yeah I know about lightstepping. I guess every wolf should just spam jump whenever they side B to the ledge.

oh and at 5:04, it was just habit. I saw the banana hit the diddy kong and it was just my reaction to boost smash there asap. If the diddy kong was in range, it would've been a combo.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Anyways, I guess you guys saw past the April fools joke that i played =p

Yeah this is actually a recent video of me playing my friend Turtl (rvkevin). I hadn't played in a week so my speed hugging was a bit rusty, but other than that I thought I played pretty well. I just kind of wanted to see honest criticisms of my wolf.

choice, you mentioned lots of things like my bair game being terribad. You might have a point, but I never really liked SH bairs unless i'm sure it'll hit. SH bairs are more predictable than the full hop bairs that I've been doing. SHFF bairs makes landing too predictable. It's obvious where the wolf will land, and even more obvious when the wolf is gonna release the bair. If the Turtl had a banana in his hand, and I try to do a SHFF bair he will just shield the bair and then glidetoss out of it to **** me. If he doesn't have a banana in his hand, and he sees me do a short hop, he's just gonna perfect shield the bair since it's soo obvious when I'm gonna release it. A full hop bair+ff bair gives you wayyy more options. 1, he doesn't know exactly where I'm going to land (since i still have my double jump), and 2 he doesn't know when I'll release the bair (or even if i will release it). This makes it harder to punish.

Also, I don't like spamming blaster against diddy kongs caz they outcamp wolf. I generally don't like blastering more than twice on the ground since everyone I play against always powershields it. For me, blasters are really only meant to snipe people when they are off the ground and out of reach.

Ur right about my grab game. I was whiffing a lot of grabs.

Someone else mentioned how i was dacusing too much lol. I'm actually not fooling around... It's just how i play against diddy. JC item throw -> dacus. It's pretty safe if done in the right situations as u can see in the video... I don't think i was ever punished for it.

I just developed that playstyle vs diddy and it's proven to be very very successful.

Anyways, Turtl/rvkevin is a good diddy. He also plays me every day so he knows the wolf match-up very very well. Pretty much, u can never land a d-smash on him unless it's comboed with bananas, so he lives to pretty high percentages. He also knows how to counter my wolf vs diddy style better than any other diddy I played (when i was in norcal I didn't develop this style yet since I didn't know about all the banana combos and I couldn't even do the item-boost consistently yet).

Choice, just out of curiosity, which diddy kong players in norcal were u comparing Turtl to?
wow..........haha i knew that wolf was pretty **** good to only have 1 post

Top Bottom