• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Wolf plox!

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
choice, you mentioned lots of things like my bair game being terribad.

(some more words in between, that was a huge post)...

Choice, just out of curiosity, which diddy kong players in norcal were u comparing Turtl to?
i knew it was you from the start JJ, i didn't even watch the video since i knew it was just an april fool's joke. like i mean, im not even sure what happens at 5:44, but i figured it'd confuse someone or something and i'd get a lil joy out of that, haha. i didn't mean half of what i said. maybe like one or two statements. i know dont spam lazors and etc.

the good diddy kong players, lol. nanerz, tc1, RnB, QTP, denizen, etc. in general though, diddy kongs from norcal are just really good. this is evidence: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=16046

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
choice, you mentioned lots of things like my bair game being terribad. You might have a point, but I never really liked SH bairs unless i'm sure it'll hit. SH bairs are more predictable than the full hop bairs that I've been doing. SHFF bairs makes landing too predictable. It's obvious where the wolf will land, and even more obvious when the wolf is gonna release the bair. If the Turtl had a banana in his hand, and I try to do a SHFF bair he will just shield the bair and then glidetoss out of it to **** me. If he doesn't have a banana in his hand, and he sees me do a short hop, he's just gonna perfect shield the bair since it's soo obvious when I'm gonna release it. A full hop bair+ff bair gives you wayyy more options. 1, he doesn't know exactly where I'm going to land (since i still have my double jump), and 2 he doesn't know when I'll release the bair (or even if i will release it). This makes it harder to punish.
Agreed, although I always SHFF bair >____> And Turtl/rvkevin really does know the matchup very (VERY) well, take it from me :p

:059:

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
You still have options with a SHFF Bair. For example, you could hop, then move away from them and not Bair =O!!!!!! You can also double jump if you see them shielding or something. It's not like once you hop intending to do a FFBair you're completely committed.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
You still have options with a SHFF Bair. For example, you could hop, then move away from them and not Bair =O!!!!!! You can also double jump if you see them shielding or something. It's not like once you hop intending to do a FFBair you're completely committed.
Its bad for Wolf to feign attacks against Diddy...

castorpollux

Smash Champion
Ur right in the sense that wolf does have options after a short hop, but take into account that its really easy to hit wolf out of a short hop. If wolf does a sh, the diddy can do a fair and wolf won't be able to counter it with his bair in time. Also, if you do a full hop to begin with, u have more control over where wolf is going to land since ur spending more time in the air.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
your bair game was pretty good against that diddy jj. i think your bair game in general is one of your strengths. SHFF bairs definitely are more restricted than full hop bairs, but they have their time and place. i typically dont use them too often against diddy's either, yea i was just going along with the joke. sorry if there was any confusion, lol.

Bakithi

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, fairly nice Wolf. You should study some offensive tactics, and try using full-hop double bairing repeatedly as to make a wall to make yourself unapproachable. Use more reflector, and learn/use some more AT's. Boost Smashing wouldn't have been that useful with the in this match because of the bananas and all, but it still couldn't hurt to use it in other match ups. All in all, you're alright Wolf. Read a few guides, play a few good Wolf's, you'll be okay.

6.5/10.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
your bair game was pretty good against that diddy jj. i think your bair game in general is one of your strengths. SHFF bairs definitely are more restricted than full hop bairs, but they have their time and place. i typically dont use them too often against diddy's either, yea i was just going along with the joke. sorry if there was any confusion, lol.
Actually I just really wanted to hear what you had to say =P. I actually did this prank just caz I really wanted to hear people's honest opinions about my wolf and to hear their ideas. If you had ideas, I really wanted to hear them. I failed to pick up on the fact tat u got the joke =P (dam the internet)

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
Actually I just really wanted to hear what you had to say =P. I actually did this prank just caz I really wanted to hear people's honest opinions about my wolf and to hear their ideas. If you had ideas, I really wanted to hear them. I failed to pick up on the fact tat u got the joke =P (dam the internet)
K, so this time i actually watched the video, im actually not sure if i have seen it before now, lol, but i definitely did recognize your wolf. The banana game seemed similar, i dont really want to try to go find that other video just to check.

Some things you might want to work on for this match up specifically, to start off though, im not positive what wolf boards say on this match up since our match up thread is outdated pretty much, but i wanted to state that feel this match up is in wolf's favor. Ok onto critiques:

1. You have a pretty good banana toss to DACUS lil combination goin on there. That looks pretty good, i even noticed you pick up a banana during a DACUS which is too legit xD, great stuff there.
2. The glide toss to dsmash was nice at the end, glide tossing in general might be good to implement, though i dont really glide toss that much with wolf either other than glide toss dsmash. Maybe one of us can find some nice glide toss tricks to do, i'll have to mess around with that some other time.
3. Whenever you had a banana, you always threw it back at diddy. Except for 3 times i think that you threw the banana up and once down. I feel like this makes the match last so much longer. Diddy NEEDS his bananas to keep up with wolf. Without them, its a much easier fight. By tossing the bananas forward at diddy you're getting in a safe approach but also making it easier for diddy to regain control of the banana. I prefer throwing bananas down or up for the most part, but of course you should make use of them as well so mix it up with glide tosses and that nifty banana toss to DACUS. Wolf has safe approaches, and doesnt need the bananas to win, but maintaining control over them make it harder for diddy to win.
4. That dthrow cg on the banana was really nice, i gotta compliment you for that.
5. I really dont understand your edge guarding, jumping down and then going for the edge is kinda what it looks like, so yea, im curious what are you doing there? im sure theres something to it since you do it repeatedly.

6. lastly i wanted to say to rvkevin that sometimes you seemed baffled at what to do when JJ stood with his reflector up. implement dribbling into your banana game and it wont be that big of an issue i feel. you can get close up and get free smashes or throw the banana if he drops the reflector.

Once you disarm the diddy of his bananas, and maintain control over them the match up is much more normal, like its a whole lot easier to pressure diddy's shield, and boy does he have a tiny shield =)

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
K, so this time i actually watched the video, im actually not sure if i have seen it before now, lol, but i definitely did recognize your wolf. The banana game seemed similar, i dont really want to try to go find that other video just to check.

Some things you might want to work on for this match up specifically, to start off though, im not positive what wolf boards say on this match up since our match up thread is outdated pretty much, but i wanted to state that feel this match up is in wolf's favor. Ok onto critiques:

1. You have a pretty good banana toss to DACUS lil combination goin on there. That looks pretty good, i even noticed you pick up a banana during a DACUS which is too legit xD, great stuff there.
2. The glide toss to dsmash was nice at the end, glide tossing in general might be good to implement, though i dont really glide toss that much with wolf either other than glide toss dsmash. Maybe one of us can find some nice glide toss tricks to do, i'll have to mess around with that some other time.
3. Whenever you had a banana, you always threw it back at diddy. Except for 3 times i think that you threw the banana up and once down. I feel like this makes the match last so much longer. Diddy NEEDS his bananas to keep up with wolf. Without them, its a much easier fight. By tossing the bananas forward at diddy you're getting in a safe approach but also making it easier for diddy to regain control of the banana. I prefer throwing bananas down or up for the most part, but of course you should make use of them as well so mix it up with glide tosses and that nifty banana toss to DACUS. Wolf has safe approaches, and doesnt need the bananas to win, but maintaining control over them make it harder for diddy to win.
4. That dthrow cg on the banana was really nice, i gotta compliment you for that.
5. I really dont understand your edge guarding, jumping down and then going for the edge is kinda what it looks like, so yea, im curious what are you doing there? im sure theres something to it since you do it repeatedly.

6. lastly i wanted to say to rvkevin that sometimes you seemed baffled at what to do when JJ stood with his reflector up. implement dribbling into your banana game and it wont be that big of an issue i feel. you can get close up and get free smashes or throw the banana if he drops the reflector.

Once you disarm the diddy of his bananas, and maintain control over them the match up is much more normal, like its a whole lot easier to pressure diddy's shield, and boy does he have a tiny shield =)
He tried to speed hug as he mentioned, but he couldn't perform it consistently, because he didn't play Brawl for a week.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
oh ok, sorry must have missed that. i totally understand that. i was messing up all my hugs today, i blame melee.

EDIT: yea i found where you said it. sorry ^^;;

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I can now hug the ledge really well, on both sides. Even on WiFi! =O! (It used to be I could only do the left side...both in-person and WiFi))

Zen127

Smash Apprentice
lmao, I didn't DACUS once against Ninjalink as Wolf.

Top Bottom