• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Sonic, please!

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Every Sonic player from now on should just do what Malcolm does with Sonic, or at least listen to everything he says. He took a match off freaking M2K last week. He might be the best Sonic main in the world until proven otherwise lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
He took a match off of Meta Knight. That's about it.

Besides, I'd rather get better using my own style, rather than copy-catting a strategy that obviously didn't win the set.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Tough love Espy.

...If nobody else has posted in here by the time I get back from my tourney, I'll see what I can do... though I'm not the best Sonic like Malcolm or Espy! :laugh:

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Ugh, homing attack.
UGH, spindash from across the stage. Get past those man.
I liked your spin cancels and stuff, but the spindash from across the stage is just ASKING for punishment from someone like SNAKE.

:093:

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
What aeghrur said.

Also cancelled spin dash/charges aren't going to really do anything for you if you're so far away that your oponent has plenty of time to respond to any of your options. Try to stay just out of your opponent's attack range. And watch out for those explosives when playing against Snake. They destroyed you more than anything else.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Ugh, homing attack.
UGH, spindash from across the stage. Get past those man.
I liked your spin cancels and stuff, but the spindash from across the stage is just ASKING for punishment from someone like SNAKE.

:093:
^^This.

Everytime you tried to smash him(bad idea at low percents), nade in your face. you made it look so obvious when you tried to attack, and spindash spamming on Snake is asking for a nade to stop you in your tracks. Try to grab him OoS sometimes. I like the way you canceled some of your dashes, you could have set up some pretty awesome hits on him, but the nades and explosives totally messed it up. You have to move around a little bit more, and KNOW where you are going. This way, you can confuse your opponent and take control of the match.

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
Simply stated, don't jump into the ****.

I play against Angel's Snake ALOT, as in everyday, so he's got tons of Sonic experience.

I can try and get some vids of me and him playing up so you can see my personal approach to the match-up if itd help.

Green-Machine

Smash Apprentice
Control your movements better, know where the explosivies are i mean they aren't invisible. No fsmashing when opponent is at low percents, use HA lag cancel and you should do better.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
albel, your spacing is bad, learn the range of your attacks

you timing is bad, learn to punish snakes lag better.

dont jump into the ****.

dont roll against snake

lastly use snakes nades against him, you dont always have to wait for them to explode, or go over them, you try more often to pick them up and throw them back

HBK:
whats the point of copying somebodys style if it doesnt even win? no offence to malcolm, hes my boy, and hes amazing, but he doesnt win. id rather make my own style and play on my own terms. if you were to say everyone should play MK exactly like M2K does, than i can understand, because M2K wins. but dont tell me to act and play like somebody else just because he won 1 game against somebody good. thats pretty much disrespecting everybody else out there.

infomon

Smash Scientist

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpsIz...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prmnt...e=channel_page

hey guys, rate my sonic ( i posted these vids here cuz people get annoyed wen i keep openin a new thread)
So your solution was to post in someone else's thread? wtf @____@ ?

Albel, you roll into tilts a lot. Best not to screw around when you're playing Snake since rolling through him will pretty much always set yourself up to get tilted. Don't use HA on battlefield unless your target is on one of the smaller platforms as you'll just get blocked all the time.

Top Bottom