• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Ike?? thanks!

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I tried doing it on him but found it kind of hard to pull off on another Ike. but in general yes try and do more jab cancels. I'm not sure if I had told you that already or not.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
I tried doing it on him but found it kind of hard to pull off on another Ike. but in general yes try and do more jab cancels. I'm not sure if I had told you that already or not.
Nonsense... I see you actually hit those 3 hit combos like nothing too... You just have to change your mindset and to implement those 5hits or Jab Cancel change-ups...

SoldierofGOD357

Smash Rookie
Video 1: Good execution of counter. You probably could have used it more though, but try not to spam it. I like the fact that you used fair, bair, etc., and caught the other Ike offguard with a Smash Attack. Also, use Eruption! It may be slow, but use it from the air, or double jump and use it in midair to cath your oppent offguard, and deal some major damage, and combo it with an Aether.

senjiroth

Smash Cadet
Video 1: Good execution of counter. You probably could have used it more though, but try not to spam it. I like the fact that you used fair, bair, etc., and caught the other Ike offguard with a Smash Attack. Also, use Eruption! It may be slow, but use it from the air, or double jump and use it in midair to cath your oppent offguard, and deal some major damage, and combo it with an Aether.
thanks lol. i try to use all his attacks as much as possible.. you should play me and see how i spam counters once and a while... it became a habit so trying to stop it....

to tsukuyomi:

you should teach me the 5 hit combo i dont know how to pull it off

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
thanks lol. i try to use all his attacks as much as possible.. you should play me and see how i spam counters once and a while... it became a habit so trying to stop it....

to tsukuyomi:

you should teach me the 5 hit combo i dont know how to pull it off
I'm sorry for I don't have a video, but its simple...

You press and not hold the A button...

A, A, Tap down on the control stick, A, A, A (This combo alone without Stale Move gives an automatic 24% damage)

Tapping down resets in the interval with the Neutral A, allowing you to do another one... I heard people has been holding the A button a letting go, but this way is more precise because you can actually feel if you got it right or not... Not only that, after tapping down you can quickly change up into something uniquely different to follow or escape from your opponent... An awesome example of that is...

A, A, Tap Down, A, A, Tap Down and watch the opponent DI away from you, Quick Draw into them, possibly repeat A, A, Tap Down...

Though, if you really want to be awesome, do 4hits and not 5hits... Why I said that, you ask??? Well, if you like the feeling of actually killing someone with the final slash of the Neutral A, this is probably the way to do it... More jab cancels out Stale Moves for the final slash...

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Try to shield grab better. Actually grab more in general. Although Ike's grab game isn't amazing you can sort of deal with stale negation by adding in grab hits. And f-throw has good follow ups if you can predict the opponent well. In the vids you were slow in your OOS (out of shield) actions.

Sometimes you would use jab OOS instead of shield grab sometimes. And that gave Arturito enough time to spotdodge your attack. Also use dash attack more. Its a really quick attack with good knockback as in a low trajectory which is deadly against another Ike.

To do a quick dash attack. Dash and press down on your c-stick in case you didn't know. Also learn to hug quickly. This is done by running of the edge and quickly FF'ing. You could have gotten many kills quicker by just hugging. Also when coming back on the edge while hanging from the ledge try not to use aether. That move has atrocious landing lag. You can get back on by just standing up, rolling on, or jumping up so try to mix it up.

Hope it helps

senjiroth

Smash Cadet
A, A, Tap down on the control stick, A, A, A (This combo alone without Stale Move gives an automatic 24% damage)
you gave me a new idea thanks! Tsukuyomi another mix up gained! thanks a lot

To 3xSwords:

thanks... i realized what you said already about OOS.. i found that hbut simply tapping the opposite direction you can do a reverse neutral a combo. As you can see i kept rolling because i dont know that you can do a reverse one, but now that i know i ended my habit of rolling. thanks for reminding me of the dash attack. about the hugging, i know how to do it but sometimes i get nervous of messing up but when i see it i do hug sometimes.. yea big problem for me is recovery i'll try to incorporate what you told me later on when i have the chance to play again

I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP GUYS`

crimsonhaze

Smash Cadet
also, this might be old, but down thown followed by aether works as a good combo, and u might even be able to put a neutral a attack in there

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
also, this might be old, but down thown followed by aether works as a good combo, and u might even be able to put a neutral a attack in there
That combo doesn't really work anymore, since your opponent will always DI out of it.

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff. Try not to Fsmash so much. Check this thread out. It may help.

Ike Alternative Edge Game

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178333

senjiroth

Smash Cadet
Crimsonhaze, gsninja is right! but i try to use it when i have the chance its like 40% damage

to mikeb2010:
yea i just want to feel that good feeling when you hit someone with it.. thanks for the site btw i'll check on it

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
true, but against lower level opponents, it works like a charm :p
.... so you see a vid of him fighting me... and then you give him advice that works....... on low level people......

..............................................................................................................................................................................

*shoots self*

he actually tried that a few times I'm wondering how many vids people are actually seeing because I got out of them easily. Never try it on Ike dittos we all know down throw to aether lol.

IMO dthrow is actually the DI test because you can see huge differences if you do DI it.

Wertilq

Smash Rookie
Especially use Dthrow against other Ikes, its great for mindgames. ALL Ikes wait for the Aether, instead jump up and do a Uair, if they have DIed, use Bair or Fair depending on situation.

About Jab-Canceling... It's sure hard to pull off at a living opponent >_< I've never manged to do it... I can do it while pummeling the sandbag while waiting in Wifi, I can do it while not hitting anything, but when I try it on an opponent, the third hit always come in, either that or I start the new one too late.
I've had easier time learning Reverse Hyphens Smash, Ledge to Bair or roll to edge grab. All of that I have no problem at all using against opponent, over Wifi, but that **** Jab Cancel >_<

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Especially use Dthrow against other Ikes, its great for mindgames. ALL Ikes wait for the Aether, instead jump up and do a Uair, if they have DIed, use Bair or Fair depending on situation.

About Jab-Canceling... It's sure hard to pull off at a living opponent >_< I've never manged to do it... I can do it while pummeling the sandbag while waiting in Wifi, I can do it while not hitting anything, but when I try it on an opponent, the third hit always come in, either that or I start the new one too late.
I've had easier time learning Reverse Hyphens Smash, Ledge to Bair or roll to edge grab. All of that I have no problem at all using against opponent, over Wifi, but that **** Jab Cancel >_<
Check up my earlier post in this thread... My version of Jab Canceling is guarantee mostly effective...

Arigatex

Smash Rookie
i dont know why most ikes usually forget eruption i mean it's such a great ability with big hitboxes great knockback even when its not charged and those SA frames are just icing to the cake, thats the only i can say USE IT MORE!

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
i dont know why most ikes usually forget eruption i mean it's such a great ability with big hitboxes great knockback even when its not charged and those SA frames are just icing to the cake, thats the only i can say USE IT MORE!
With great rewards comes horrible risks...

Number one rule to any fighting game... Sure Eruption covers a whole lot of ground/air/whatever, but you got to note the horrible lag afterward... You miss, say hello to 20%+/KO in your face...

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Uh since when? Unless you're just incapable of DIing no ike should expect aether after a down throw.
What are you talking about??? Any player is expected any type of follow up after anything... Ike down throw to Aether is one of the more obvious case because they know that cheap set up that racks up a free 20% if they are dumb enough...

Way to mix up is to down throw with Ike and foxtrot any direction they happen to DI into and whatever floats your boat, hit them with whatever that probably will hits... This tactics puts the opponent to 2nd guess if where they DI is the either right or wrong...

Most common case is Down Throw, Foxtrot Out, Aether In... Same thing, but with more overlooking properties...

Though, you also have the case they can actually airdodge, so note that...

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I'm not sure Dthrow ever works well in Ike dittos and he actually did a lot of the things you people are suggesting and missed... 2 of them are on the first vid. I only re watched that one cause someone posted.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure Dthrow ever works well in Ike dittos and he actually did a lot of the things you people are suggesting and missed... 2 of them are on the first vid. I only re watched that one cause someone posted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBwEyOLBdeo
1st Down Throw: Down Throw to Automatic Aether...
2nd Down Throw: Down Throw jump into U-Air...

Both of those attacks were no where near the opponent...

Now try Foxtrotting after the Down Throw and act solely on the opponent's movement... You should cover more ground and have a better precision in any hits this way... Seriously you don't want to go for an U-air after down throw, knowing 100% that it'll never hit because they can 2nd jump or airdodge or due to Ike being totally horrible at U-air...

Though, if you don't like the idea of Foxtrotting after Down Throw, I can suggest just jumping towards them and do absolutely nothing at all...

senjiroth

Smash Cadet
thanks lax guy5!

Enough with the D-Throw to Aether... all i know is that its easy to DI away but if you see them slacking off take advantage of it. thats how i see it so stop arguing... it doesnt mean that once you get hit by this combo your a noob....

Top Bottom