• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate My DeDeDe

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
On the first video:

0:00 - I kept having to restart this video because I had the lyrics to "Snake Eater" in my head while I was listening to the music so I couldn't concentrate on the video.
0:14 - You could have pivot grabbed instead of spotdodging.
0:22 - Work on your chaingrabbing so stuff like this doesn't happen again.
0:45 - You should have tried to cg her across the stage given the percent she was at. If you had, she would've been at kill percent afterwards. Of course, given your previous attempt to cg her, I can understand your apprehension. 1:05 is a more understandable bthrow.
1:25 - See above.
1:36 - Ouch, should've gone for the ledge bro.
2:21 - You could have easily grabbed her.
2:52 - NICE LEDGEGRAB! I also really liked your offstage game leading up to it.
3:27 - Against Peach, be sure to short hop your aerials when she's at that height above you. You miss a bair here and do the same thing later and she punishes you for it.
4:41 - Recovering low is seldom a bad idea against someone who kills a lot with their utilt and usmash.
4:55 on - It seems like from this point on you're too focused on going for the kill and it makes you reckless. If it weren't for the nice save you had at the end, she likely would've won the match simply because she was putting so much pressure on you and had a great deal of momentum going.

Now for the G&W video.

0:24 - You gotta space your aerials better so you don't get punished like this. It happens to me a lot too though lol.
0:28 and 0:30 - ZE UTILTING INTO A SHIELD, ZEY DO NOTHING! Seriously though, don't stale your kill move.
0:46 - PIVOT GRAB.
1:38 - PIVOT GRAB.
2:10 to about 2:20 - Again, you were getting too desperate looking for a kill and you got punished quite a bit for it.
2:44 - PIVOT GRAB.

Overall, you actually did pretty well against the G&W and I'm guessing the reason why you didn't do as well against the Peach is because you didn't have enough matchup experience?

Anyway, your Dedede is very good in the air, but on the ground it seems to really be lacking strength. Generally, I would try to work on that just a bit more, as well as practing your spacing and CG timing.

****ING PIVOT GRAB!

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
really awful.

i'd give tips but i don't think they'd help.
:p Jordan you boob

On the first video:

0:00 - I kept having to restart this video because I had the lyrics to "Snake Eater" in my head while I was listening to the music so I couldn't concentrate on the video.
0:14 - You could have pivot grabbed instead of spotdodging.
0:22 - Work on your chaingrabbing so stuff like this doesn't happen again.
0:45 - You should have tried to cg her across the stage given the percent she was at. If you had, she would've been at kill percent afterwards. Of course, given your previous attempt to cg her, I can understand your apprehension. 1:05 is a more understandable bthrow.
1:25 - See above.
1:36 - Ouch, should've gone for the ledge bro.
2:21 - You could have easily grabbed her.
2:52 - NICE LEDGEGRAB! I also really liked your offstage game leading up to it.
3:27 - Against Peach, be sure to short hop your aerials when she's at that height above you. You miss a bair here and do the same thing later and she punishes you for it.
4:41 - Recovering low is seldom a bad idea against someone who kills a lot with their utilt and usmash.
4:55 on - It seems like from this point on you're too focused on going for the kill and it makes you reckless. If it weren't for the nice save you had at the end, she likely would've won the match simply because she was putting so much pressure on you and had a great deal of momentum going.

Now for the G&W video.

0:24 - You gotta space your aerials better so you don't get punished like this. It happens to me a lot too though lol.
0:28 and 0:30 - ZE UTILTING INTO A SHIELD, ZEY DO NOTHING! Seriously though, don't stale your kill move.
0:46 - PIVOT GRAB.
1:38 - PIVOT GRAB.
2:10 to about 2:20 - Again, you were getting too desperate looking for a kill and you got punished quite a bit for it.
2:44 - PIVOT GRAB.

Overall, you actually did pretty well against the G&W and I'm guessing the reason why you didn't do as well against the Peach is because you didn't have enough matchup experience?

Anyway, your Dedede is very good in the air, but on the ground it seems to really be lacking strength. Generally, I would try to work on that just a bit more, as well as practing your spacing and CG timing.

****ING PIVOT GRAB!

lol, thanks for the tips Gates.

Yeah, JLO and Smeesh were the first good Peaches that I have ever played, so I was learning the matchup and the CG timing as I went along.

G&W I also don't have much experience against (against good ones anyway), so it was a bit of the same there.

Obviously I need to pivot grab more, I'll work on that. I personally am just not sure of the timing there so it probably keeps me from trying. You putting the time and when to do it should help a lot, though.

Thanks again :)

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Alright against Peach:
Use back air more than your grab, just do wall-of-pains almost all the time no matter how much it gets stale. It shuts down her air game so much. I see you doing back air but do it more, and don't do it when you know you'll get lag from making contact to the ground. Only use forward air when offstage to gimp.
Not much against Mr. Game & Watch, except USE DOWN SMASH more to kill lol. Good stuff though :).

RATED

Smash Lord
commander Beef= Peach is not that easy, I play agaisnt a awesome peach if not broken, and yeah peach is a hard matchup for DDD, getting the grab against her is almost imposible if the peach know how to space her aerials with float movement and cancelling the move falling and continue their attacks, also turnips I hate em. Peach can edgeguard DDD also we can, but the only thing like u said we can do is wall of pain all night long.

I will try to get a friend of mine to upload a vid where I get ***** by a Peach.

Top Bottom