• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate etc.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I can only recommend whatching these matches, especially if you think EU smash isn't good. Although Jumpman made some mistakes his MK is really good.

And that Wolf is just wicked

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering why the game's UI looked a bit different. It's the EU version. What was used to record this?

brinboy789

Smash Champion
you need to mix it up more. it seems like your strategy is shield grab > dthrow > aerial chain, spam dsmash, and the random shuttle loop. try and mix it up, confuse your opponents. and yea, use moer nair

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I would have liked a lot more Ftilt and nair. Two of your best spacing tools, by far.

I don't think you chased off the stage aggressively enough. Off the edge is MK's element, he's better than anyone there. Never be afraid to chase.

In general, I think you were playing a more defensive, slow MK. That's fine, but I think there were some times you could have pushed your advantage harder.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Needs more N-air
Yes, but I meant strategic/tactical advise. I know I should use Nair more.

you need to mix it up more. it seems like your strategy is shield grab > dthrow > aerial chain, spam dsmash, and the random shuttle loop. try and mix it up, confuse your opponents. and yea, use moer nair
Did you even watch the vids? The guy was reading me all the time, "mix it up" just doesn't work. I don't spam d-smash, I use it. I would like to see your MK and tournament results.

I would have liked a lot more Ftilt and nair. Two of your best spacing tools, by far.

I don't think you chased off the stage aggressively enough. Off the edge is MK's element, he's better than anyone there. Never be afraid to chase.

In general, I think you were playing a more defensive, slow MK. That's fine, but I think there were some times you could have pushed your advantage harder.
I don't agree Nair is a good spacing tool, but yes, I could use those moves more. I usually jump off the stage, but Wolf is just annoying to edge guard. Especially a Wolf this good.

Playing offensive is something I have to work on and it hardly works against this guy, trust me.

I'm not trying to be a ****, but the minute or so I saw definitely did not change that belief.
You suck.

And thanks Gheb :)

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Did you even watch the vids? The guy was reading me all the time, "mix it up" just doesn't work. I don't spam d-smash, I use it. I would like to see your MK and tournament results.
Uhhh, you're supposed to mix it up so they can't read you any more dude.

And you were pretty excessive with your down smashing, yo, though I wouldn't really call is spammy.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
You think so? You play him :)
k, so you come on here asking for help and when we give it to you you spit it back in our faces. Thanks, guy, you're a fine example of one of my main reasons for not being very productive on this forum.

Also, I've played and beaten much, much better Wolf players than the guy in those videos. Take Jumpman from Gamebattles for example (whom you clearly are not). If that Wolf player is half as good as his, then I would be surprised. I put him into 3rd place at the only tournament he and I have played in and in the friendlies I've played with him I've always come out ahead. I'll play your Wolf player, beat him, and make you look like an idiot for trying to call me out on that.

And if you STILL have some notion in your head that I can't beat him then feel free to ask around about me. I'm going back to lurking now.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
k, so you come on here asking for help and when we give it to you you spit it back in our faces. Thanks, guy, you're a fine example of one of my main reasons for not being very productive on this forum.

Also, I've played and beaten much, much better Wolf players than the guy in those videos. Take Jumpman from Gamebattles for example (whom you clearly are not). If that Wolf player is half as good as his, then I would be surprised. I put him into 3rd place at the only tournament he and I have played in and in the friendlies I've played with him I've always come out ahead. I'll play your Wolf player, beat him, and make you look like an idiot for trying to call me out on that.

And if you STILL have some notion in your head that I can't beat him then feel free to ask around about me. I'm going back to lurking now.
Wow, so you base that on one post? I love people being productive, but you're just talking bs. I'd love to do something myself, but I lack experience to do that.

Trust me, that Wolf player is at least as good as him. You won't beat him, trust me. You can PM him if you'd like to.

I won't ask around about you. The whole metagame in the US is overrated.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Wow, so you base that on one post? I love people being productive, but you're just talking bs. I'd love to do something myself, but I lack experience to do that.

Trust me, that Wolf player is at least as good as him. You won't beat him, trust me. You can PM him if you'd like to.

I won't ask around about you. The whole metagame in the US is overrated.
No it's not. The US overall is better than Canada, simply because of their community, and I know what Canada can do personally.

Anyway, I wasn't impressed with the video myself. I say this with a strictly analytical mind frame.

I'll critique your video soon to point out what it was you could have done better in order to improve.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
No it's not. The US overall is better than Canada, simply because of their community, and I know what Canada can do personally.

Anyway, I wasn't impressed with the video myself. I say this with a strictly analytical mind frame.

I'll critique your video soon to point out what it was you could have done better in order to improve.
In comparison to Europe. Well, I'd like you to do that. I must say I do not like playing Wolf at all, and this was the first time I had even come this far in a tournament. When I see the videos, I can't say I'm impressed myself either, but that is going to change.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
like infinity said, i meant mix it up as in dont make yourself predictable. the opponent you played didnt take advantage of you being predictable, but later on better opponents might. you dont SPAM it, but you use it excessively. i dont go to tourneys that often, the last one i went to i lose in the losers semis. i WOULD post a vid, but my little bro lost my vid camera and all cameras sold out today :(

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
like infinity said, i meant mix it up as in dont make yourself predictable. the opponent you played didnt take advantage of you being predictable, but later on better opponents might. you dont SPAM it, but you use it excessively. i dont go to tourneys that often, the last one i went to i lose in the losers semis. i WOULD post a vid, but my little bro lost my vid camera and all cameras sold out today :(
Sucks about the vids.

Yes, but he did (I was fighting when it happened, lol).

Gaki

Smash Journeyman
WoW didnt expect that i would get trashtalked for being drunk while playing finals LMAO
Ohw well say whatever you wanna i think jumpman is the best meta knight ive seen vids from all of you and his game maybe lacks some stuff but still you guys shouldnt just talk about how i would get trashed etc instead be a nice meta knight player and give jumpman tips i dont think he posted those vids to start a trash talking thread >_>

P.S i want to play all of you :D

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Lol, a rating topic where you underestimate other MKs and bring your friends to say you're the best.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
second out of 100 pple is beast even if all 100 are noob *** scrubs because the tourny must of taken a good 8 hours lolol

either way deacent mk, use some upthrow and downtilits to other grabs u know. edguard more too but yea thats what u can say about any mk

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Yeah, he would. Infinity has been getting crazy good lately.
He's currently one of the four wolfs who has won a tournament, in fact, he won every tournament here except one, in which he placed second. You can't compare him to a random player in the US.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Infinity's metaknight rivals mine. We're 1-1 in tourney sets. He's plays really smart, is a top player here in Texas, and he knows his ****.

Furthermore a mk shouldn't be losing to a wolf in the first place... If you can't take constructive criticism from fellow mk's don't post a topic asking for it.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Wow Dojo? I have been playing this game for three months, and I shouldn't be losing to a top player who has been playing this game way more? Infinity is probably good, but he should stop saying this ****. And so should you.

"You lost one game to RoyR, so you suck." Quit the ****ing bull****. "Needs more nair", no ****?

I said "rate", nothing more.

And I don't give a **** if you lose to a MK who knows his ****, because I don't give a **** who you are.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Yes, but I meant strategic/tactical advise. I know I should use Nair more.
From this post, you seem to have been looking for some kind of help, eh?

And you were pretty excessive with your down smashing, yo, though I wouldn't really call is spammy.

He should stop saying a few simple things he saw wrong from your vids? After you shot down the other guy's attempt to help you, you just overlooked this statement and said "You play him."

We're here to help, not to get our advice thrown back at us so we can play whoever you lost to. Nobody really cares if we can beat them or not, we're simply trying to help you get better.

Either way I guarantee Infi could destroy that wolf in a tourney set and I'd bet 100$ on it easy. Not like it matters, we'll never have to worry about that match happening anyways...

Overall, you want your rating?
3.5/10

You're not bad, but you have alot of work to do, just like the rest of us. You should also adjust your attitude. Being an *** to the community you're a part of isn't the way to go.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
From this post, you seem to have been looking for some kind of help, eh?

He should stop saying a few simple things he saw wrong from your vids? After you shot down the other guy's attempt to help you, you just overlooked this statement and said "You play him."

We're here to help, not to get our advice thrown back at us so we can play whoever you lost to. Nobody really cares if we can beat them or not, we're simply trying to help you get better.

Either way I guarantee Infi could destroy that wolf in a tourney set and I'd bet 100$ on it easy. Not like it matters, we'll never have to worry about that match happening anyways...

Overall, you want your rating?
3.5/10

You're not bad, but you have alot of work to do, just like the rest of us. You should also adjust your attitude. Being an *** to the community you're a part of isn't the way to go.
I know that, but he said I should believe him or something because he's good, and you backed him up. Really weird reaction if you don't agree anyway.

I'd bet 100 too, but that doesn't matter.

Yes, and thanks.

I'm not bad and get a 3.5/10. Next time I'll get some vids with an aggressive play style, wanna bet you'd give me 7/10. I know, but I hate people saying "needs more nair". If someone would do that IRL, I'd say **** off and never talk to them again.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
lulz

flamo-festo

if you are not as blind as you act, and you can see that we don't appriciate our advice being thrown back at us, then you'd better change the way you handle this.

we don't have to critique you know.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I never said you should listen to me because I'm good. All I told you was that you should be less predictable and you do use down smash excessively, then you told me "Really? You play him."

So who should we blame for starting this nonsense?

For reference:

Also, thanks to the guys who are backing me up on this. I'll do my best to make you $100 richer Doj :p

brinboy789

Smash Champion
you asked for advice, and infinity gave you some. if you dont like it, then ignore it. why ask for advice if your going to flame everybody whos trying to help you?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
It's impossible to give someone advice if he/she isn't willing to take it.

Let this thread die.

Top Bottom