• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rat-A-Tat Rap Banjo & Kazooie

PDawgy

Smash Journeyman
I love banjo and kazooie!!! it was the first video game I ever played in my life, such good memories :*)

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
They would be a freakin' AWESOME addition! I heart this thread so much. My favorite character ever does have a chance! A small chance, but a chance! Also, I was thinking that if they got in, their Up B would be the feather pad, their Side B the Beak Barge, and their FS the Clockwork Kazooie egg.

Metalsonic

Smash Rookie
I don't think I've heard someone yet whose actually been opposed to their inclusion. Most characters have their share of haters, but it's been almost completely positive for Banjo and Kazooie. I think that's a testament to how well Rare crafted these characters and how enjoyable their games were. I think I have around 180 hours clocked on my main file in Banjo Tooie, can't remember the first one though, I thought Tooie was far better and played it more. I did finish the first one though. ;)

Chepe

Smash Lord
Its pretty crazy because I know some people who have played Banjo Kazooie in the past couple of weeks, and they have told me how Banjo Kazooie have to be in Smash. They just fit in so perfectly. I can picture him in Brawl so easily, with a Kazooie second jump complete with her "aye aye!" sound. They are so versatile, a moveset writes itself for Banjo Kazooie! Here would be my decisions:

B: Pack Whack
A little slow but good knockback. A basic move in Banjo Tooie and Grunty's Revenge. It may seem bland but I put this as B thinking of Kirby copying Banjo. I just dont think it would be right to see him whip out Kazooie (although he can summon Toad). I think Kirby using Banjo's backpack would be safer and still distinctive as a Banjo copy...

Side B: Egg Firing
Pretty much as described elsewhere in the thread. Random between normal, fire, and ice with different effects (decent damage, more stun, and possible freezing at high percentages). Perhaps a battery egg as a rare and powerful one like Peach's death turnip?

Up B: Flight Pad launch
I initially thought of this as Flap Flip, but then after thinking of Sonic and Snake's Up B, I thought him using some item/mechanic from his game would be a nice consistency with this apparent third party pattern. A flight pad would appear under them which they would jump off of (it would shatter afterwards). It would launch them high and put them into a glide. Low knockback and damage from the launch.

Down B: Wonderwing
I agree with this not being final smash material, but as a defensive special move I think its perfect. It would be active for about a second whenever you use it (think Marth's Counter), where they could still walk and jump once. If a projectile hits Banjo and Kazooie during this time, they would release a golden aura around them in a reasonable radius that would deal great knockback. There would be some cooldown lag after each use.

Many more possibilities for standard moves. Triple Scratch A-A-A move, Forward Roll dash attack, Rat-a-tap Rap forward air, Beak Barge forward smash, Beak Buster down aerial, and much much more. Another interesting idea I had was to have the Talon Trot as their crawl. This may sound silly at first but it does make sense with how it is activated within the games (crouching). And a character that crawls faster than he walks would be quite a novelty in Brawl..

Whew, that took a while to type... Shows how much I applaud the idea of the bear and bird in Brawl. Heres to hoping that the Japanese sent many votes for the pair during the polls. Thats the only way that Sakurai and co. could have possibly been prompted to look into a talk with Rare and Microsoft... Keep the hope up!

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
good move list. But i don't like wonderwing. i can't see how you could use it to full use in brawl

BTW a banjo AT

the short sighted mole: he pops up in a random place dealing huge knockback if he hits somebody

Chepe

Smash Lord
Well, I tried to find a balance. It obviously cant be the uber move it is in the games, but it is defensive and it does damage, so I tried to find a reasonable way to implement it. I can see why some wont like it though...

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
Ok, for down smash you could get more creative.
I'm thinking the swamp boots.

of course, the stilts would have to be shortened so it's not broken.
Basically it's like Fox and falco's down smash but with more range (due to stilts)

Then, I've always thought of them as being fast, with medium strength.
The walk could be Banjo, then Talon Trot's the run. Pichu speed, I think.

By the way, Rat-A-Tat-Rap was their best move in Banjo-Kazooie, so that better be strong as all, hahaha.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
the 360 look is awful
yeah, it does. fortunately they sound and act the same as far as I know in the 360 version.

If they do make it into Brawl, they'd have to have their BK or BT look. hands down.

Ive also thought of a sample moveset.

A - Moves

A,A,A - Banjo swipes with his claws twice, and kazooie pecks once on the final tap.

Dash A - Banjo rolls into enemies

A tilt > - Banjo turns around and kazooie whacks with her wings.

A tilt ^ - Kazooie shoots a blue egg straight up

A tilt V - Banjo stretches out his foot

smash A v - Banjo grabs Kazooie by the neck, and swings her around close to the ground, damaging foes with high knockback.

smash > - the duo leans down, and pushes forward with the Z+B move from the games (I dont remember the name, bear with me)

Smash^ - Kazooie pecks stright up, high damage and knockback

Grabs

Grab attack - peck - Banjo grabs the foe, and kazooie pecks them for about 3% damage

throw > - Banjo simply launches the foe forward.

throw < - banjo leans back while holding the foe, and kazooie pushes them with her head.

throw ^ - Banjo launches the foe straight up

throw V - Banjo brings the foe down

Special moves.

Neutral B - Egg - Kazooie launches a random egg from her mouth (Normal, causes 3% damage, Fire, causes 6% initial damage, and burns foe for 6 more over 2 seconds, Ice, causes 3% damage and freezes foe in place*rare*. Grenade*rare* causes 20% damage and has high knockback.

B> - Bregull Bayonet - Banjo grabs kazooie and thrusts her forward, causing medium knockback and damage.

B^ - Flight - Kazooie lifts the duo off the ground, or higher if there is no ground. Press B again to glide a short distance.

BV - dragon Breath. Kazooie, in dragon form comes out, breaths a jet of flame, which causes medium damage to foes and causes them to burn for 30% damage over 4 seconds. Banjo and Kazooie must remain in place to keep the flames going.

Final Smash - Mumbo magic - Mumbo appears, and shrinks foes, and then transforms Banjo and Kazooie into the corcodile from B&K. The crocodile causes high damage, and high knockback, 1-2 shot KOing the small foes. Both effects last for 15 seconds.

There we go. I think the B moves were the best. A moves are rather difficult to do for them I think.

well, tell me what you think.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
thanks for contributing to the B&K thread. the set on the first post takes nearly all the moves from the games. that is why it is in the first post. i don't like having the dragon for anything but FS and the side B seems like forward smash

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
thanks for contributing to the B&K thread. the set on the first post takes nearly all the moves from the games. that is why it is in the first post. i don't like having the dragon for anything but FS and the side B seems like forward smash
I dunno, I cant picture the dragon as part of a FS. It didnt seem important or powerful enough. hat was actually my fvorite B move I put in, but Ok.

Yeah, I was kind of drawing a blank with thew forward smash, I just couldnt think of anything.

Maybe the Breegul Bash is a better choice for B>, where he grabs kazooie by the legs ans slams her onto the ground.

Speedwobbles223

Smash Apprentice
I really do hope they make it, they fit SO perfectly... But having banjo taken out of the new diddy Kong Racing for DS makes me think less and less of his chances.

Rare was the biggest purchase of a video game developer EVER. I just dont feel incredibly positive about them making it. Just my opinion, I really hope they do.

eggmond

Smash Rookie
I would LOVE for B&K si be in Brawl, and I'm sure if Rare were still with Nintendo they would be

Top Bottom