• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rat-A-Tat Rap Banjo & Kazooie

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Hey, if I'd love it if these two were to make it in. That would be pretty nostalgic to me. Banjo-Kazooie was the first N64 game I had.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
^B- red feather(makes kazooie shoot upwards giving banjo good glideing leverage)
>B-either grenade egg, or clockwork birdy thing.
VB-golden feather- kazooie's wings start releaseing golden sparks and protect banjo from any attack. this attack has atrotious lag at the ending, but at the same time you an move while doing the move. it also causes damage to anyone you make contact with. this attack last only a second or two.
B-Ice(was there an Ice type egg?), Fire, or normal egg shot. each attack has its own special effect such as fire setting your enemies ablaze, Ice causeing the enemies too freeze(ala freezy but only half as effective) and the normal egg has a reflective quality(shoot it at one person and it can bounce off to hit another).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That 360 change was just, very unneeded and it makes them look like *******.
It was. Why Rare? Why? Is this what you do with improved graphics engines?

The one picture I saw of them was.. horrible, they both looked stoned, which doesnt in my book bode well for the series

Ill still play the game of course, but oh I dont expect it to be even close to what it was ;(

Im definitely hoping they dont turn it into a Conker's Bad Fur Day type game, it just doesnt fit that world.

vesperview

Smash Hero
It was. Why Rare? Why? Is this what you do with improved graphics engines?

The one picture I saw of them was.. horrible, they both looked stoned, which doesnt in my book bode well for the series

Ill still play the game of course, but oh I dont expect it to be even close to what it was ;(

Im definitely hoping they dont turn it into a Conker's Bad Fur Day type game, it just doesnt fit that world.
Actually that game is the only reason I'm getting a 360, when it comes out.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
I played both platformers all the way through, and I liked his moveset.
fly? really, what it should be is:
banjo and kazooie thrust themselves upward like they do when they take off from a flight pad, then descend slowly (a little faster than peach on her parasol) as kazooie flaps her wings. Banjo should NOT ride kazooie

The others aren't great either

side b: Banjo NEVER throws Kazooie like a spear. There's the torpedo thing, but this move is still ridiculous. Banjo and kazooie should never be separated. I would put this one as the egg shooting.

down b: invulnerability wing, Kazooie spreads her wings over banjo's body, the invulnerability music plays and gold feathers pop out and disappear (sp?). Banjo can run around for a maximum of 2-3 seconds as long as the b button is held. Banjo-Kazooie recieves no flinching, and 1/2 damage while in this state. If an opponent touches Banjo-Kazooie, that opponent is knocked straight up in the air a short distance, with no damage. it is purely a defensive move

b: well, if this not the egg, then I'm not sure what it is. It could be kazooie breathing fire, but then we'd need a new final smash. I suppose it could also be the roll. (If the FiS turns kazooie into a dragon, it MUST involve her breathing fire.)

For a FiS I'd go with the jinjos flying around and kicking butt, they did kick grunty's butt in B-K 1.

Edit: oh, some people posted while I was "gone." And with some moveset ideas. I'll devise a more complete moveset later.

Edit2: when does banjo turn into a t-rex? I think you're thinking of kazooie being a dragon.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Rare is NOT OWNED by Microsoft, MS pays Rare to make games ONLY for MS (exclusivity deal), but can't control what Rare does with its intellectual property (as long as its not games for the competition).

Banjo has appeared in minor cameos or references in a lot of games.

Banjo-Kazooie 3 is going to be released sometime in 2008, and pulling some attention is something game companies always like.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well Ive just watched the trailer. They did keep their voices (well I guess it wouldnt be the same without em) but I still dont like the new look, I agree with Gerodu, look at Banjo's rectangle nose....)

Ah well, now that Ive watched this trailer, im excited, and maybe hes right, it would promote them again to have them in Brawl.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
wrong. the shares were sold to Microsoft. Ninendo's and the original guys
Intellectual property is not owned by Microsoft...

So Rare can just say: "Oh Sakurai San! use our creation ;)"

And Microsoft can't do a **** thing about it (legally) of course doing it against MS's will would be a bad choice for Rare, they are in NO WAY OBLIGATED.

Dem1g0d

Smash Rookie
Isn't Kazooie a bird? With their 3-D redesing, Kazooie looks kinda like a turkey.. x_X

.. I'm just praying that they don't screw Nintendo's amazing game like they did with Conker's Bad Fur Day..

Let's see if Microsoft it's really worth of having Banjoo-Kazooie's in their hands..

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
Intellectual property is not owned by Microsoft...

So Rare can just say: "Oh Sakurai San! use our creation ;)"

And Microsoft can't do a **** thing about it (legally) of course doing it against MS's will would be a bad choice for Rare, they are in NO WAY OBLIGATED.
yeah, i agree with you.

Besides, i read A LOT of gaming magazines and i watch G4 A LOT and i've never heard of Microsoft actually buying Rare.

EDIT-final smash,mumbo transformations-banjo and kazooie transform and it will be a random transformation each time.

brawl_maniac

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i agree with you.

Besides, i read A LOT of gaming magazines and i watch G4 A LOT and i've never heard of Microsoft actually buying Rare.

EDIT-final smash,mumbo transformations-banjo and kazooie transform and it will be a random transformation each time.
that's pretty interesting
you mean with the Final Smash? i was thinking of one and that was the first thing that popped up in my head,since in the game you can transform,so why not make it their final smash?:confused:

EDIT-i'll add detail into the FS later

3D King

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i agree with you.

Nintendo sold their shares long ago. I'd suggest using some other place to find info other than G4.

On to Banjo, its not so much why Microsoft wouldn't want them, but why Nintendo wouldn't. Banjo-Kazooie is one of the 360's most anticipated game. Why on earth would Nintendo want to help their biggest competitor advertise their games more?

3D King

Smash Journeyman
because they are fan favorites. it would boost sales and the old banjo fan boys who have 360s would by it.
It would still be supporting their opponents which does not make financial sense.

Also on reasons why Microsoft should do it:

1) will it harm 360 sales
Yes, only so much money in the world. More that is spent on Brawl means less spent on Xbox
2) will it promote B&K 3.
Yes it will, which is why Nintendo wouldn't want to advertise it
3) will be loose money in the long run
Brawl will most likely be the top-selling Wii game and possibly of this console generation, so yeah see answer1
4) are we getting paid enough
Microsoft would pay Nintendo, not the other way around
5) will it harm our game sales directly
Well, answer 1

1) we are going to loose money on it
Yes
2) we have no game in direct competition with brawl and it will promote B&K 3.
Every game competes with every game

It's sad. Nintendo had better gotten a lot of money off of that deal. Then again Rare was in kind of a rut at that time.

Grod

Smash Apprentice
Microsoft paid 377 million for rare. Nintendo had %49 do the math
Jesus ti**y f****ing christ, mucho dinero.
Anyway, I'm just gonna hope that Banjo 3 is on the Wii. It will be an act of God.
Don't criticize me, this is just blind hope. And it would solve all problems.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
this is such a sad topic. Banjo Kazooie is like one of my top 3 favorite games ever, and had rare stayed with Nintendo, there's no doubt at all that Banjo with Kazooie in backpack would have made it in.

sad

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
you know, one thing I really don't get is why people are so mad at Microsoft and not Nintendo? Wasn't it Nintendo's choice to sell their shares in Rare to Microsoft?

Also, if Banjo-Kazooie was one of Nintendo's greatest games, then why didn't Nintendo make an agreement with Rare to have Banjo-Kazooie games made only for them, kind of like what Bungie did with Halo when they split from Microsoft?

I'm not bashing Banjo-Kazooie or Rare in general (I'm a big fan of both the game and the company), but it seems pretty pointless blaming Microsoft when it was Nintendo who actually went and sold their shares to them in the first place.
Actually, Nintendo was pretty much in a situation where if they didn't sell, it would of been no use to them. They owned 49% of shares, and the two founders of Rare sold their 51% to Microsoft. I think the obvious choice then is to just give up your 49% to a company that isn't going to budge. With majority control, you wouldn't have much say in the company.

The characters were supposedly bought separately from the stock purchases. But I assume due to Rare creating certain ones, like Banjo, they were able to get those games without much hassle.

As for them being in, I have little faith in it...is it possible? Yes - very much so. Just look at Viva Pinata coming out for the DS. It's a 1st party MS title and it's coming out on a system not owned by MS. We could easily see this happening, but the probability of it is slim to none. MS would want money for it, obviously, and it'd be almost like making Halo DS and then putting Master Chief in Brawl. And we know that didn't happen, and won't.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
yeah that is the thing. MS backing Nintendo into a corner. if they didn't sell. what is the point of having rare. MS makes the choices and they would of let Nintendo out of the loop when it comes to titles.

which look do you like better?

the nose is all wrong in the new look. he looks like a stoner and kazooies neck is much longer maing her look like a turkey

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
The original looks best to me, but that's partially because I always see that and think fondly on the original Banjo Kazooie, a game I absolutely loved.

But, you got a few things wrong on your fact list, and you can make it seem that you aren't some twelve year old saying all of this crap and more people will realize that Banjo has a pretty good shot.

Spelling, grammar, capitalization, these things may seem small, but when there's a load of mistakes people will think: "Jeez, this guy can't even spell right, what the hell does he know?" and I'm sure that that's not what you want.

You mention of DK is unfounded, as Nintendo had the rights to Donkey Kong long before DK Country, ever since his arcade debut, however Diddy was made by Rare and actually is a recent in Brawl.

Besides simple organization and a more in depth look at Mcrosoft's workings, perhaps mentions of Banjo games on the DS and GBA despite Rare being owned by Mcrosoft at the time you can finally make people stop belittling Banjo's chances.

'Nuff said.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Every time I see these two, I think to myself, "Why weren't they in Melee?" It might have saved us this entire hassle right here.

EDIT: By the way, it might help that Microsoft claims that they don't consider themselves to be in competition with Nintendo, but with Sony. That also might just be their jealousy of Nintendo's success speaking, especially since people are either buying a Wii, or buying a Wii and another console to go along with it. (I remember reading this or seeing this somewhere; I'll try to find it and see if I remembered things correctly). Anyway, my point is that if Microsoft doesn't think they're in direct competition, maybe they wouldn't mind if B&K made it into Brawl, since it won't necessarily lower 360 sales.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i have no doubt in my mind that is rare was still 2nd party they would be in brawl. lets hope they don't do a bomber zero.

EDIT - dig some more up and i will quote you and add it to the first post. that is a good point

Smash legacy

Smash Apprentice
they need banjo n kazooie in i want them in so bad probally my favorite nintyendo characters and games, its possible that there in and nintendo needs the rights . Now im going to freak because i dont have an xbox 360 and no banjo kazooie or three.

Nice thread

Top Bottom