• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rainbow Cruise: We all love it, how do we play it?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Whenever I get a counterpick, you can bet it is gonna be rainbow cruise. GaW is just too good there, and tips the odds in my favor very heavily. How do you vets of the GaW boards play GaW at Rainbow Cruise?

Personnaly, I nair around the first part, and try to get a d-tilt lock against the wall. Falling bairs off the "mast" part of the ship helps me take down people that are defensive. I use the rest of the level like a friggin playground for my trusty 'chute and insane aerials. I find myself leading the way on the course, especially if the opponent isn't mobile/ has a crappy recovery, because this allows me to get like a full minute of edgeguarding, and my incredibly strong smashes seem to kill even earlier, while the opponent can knock me far along the course, the movement, with good DI, will often save me.

The Developers might as well have called it Game and Watch Cruise, how do you guys play our favorite counterpick?

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
I actually won a match vs Ike with RC as a counterpick,

Up airs work great on the last part of the cruise because the cieling is so low it can easily kill.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Yea, at the falling part I like to u-air, and if they use a laggy aeriel throw a parachute into the mix for some free damage.

Anything else?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Really? I haven't played a good Meta Knight on RC, but it seems like its the usual GaW vs MK matchup.

Sure you gotta outplay him, but all RC does is give him easier kills, and that benefits you more with your smashes of doom..

Or do you just hate MK?

Bug~

Smash Ace
i think its just MK..i really dont like MK+rainbowcruise together..I dont know, i jus play worse on that stage.

ill show u video wen its done processing. it was tournament set.

DYF

Smash Cadet
MK is super broken on RC. Anyways its pretty much agreed upon as a ban in FL.
that sucks... RC is an amazing G&W stage. i think ive only lost on it once in like the 20 times ive used it as a counterpick.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
MK is super broken on RC. Anyways its pretty much agreed upon as a ban in FL.
I went to florida, and ***** all the MKs there on RC lol.

Rx- was telling me how he doesn't lose on RC.

We Money Matched and I JV 3 stocked him there.

Lol.

KramerDsmash

Smash Rookie
ok so if u guys dont like MK on Rainbow Cruise, would u rather play him on Delfino Plaza?
it provides a couple places to d tilt lock, and for lost of the stage u can do the under-platform sneak attack
with n-airs and parachutes

chckn

Smash Ace
ok so if u guys dont like MK on Rainbow Cruise, would u rather play him on Delfino Plaza?
it provides a couple places to d tilt lock, and for lost of the stage u can do the under-platform sneak attack
with n-airs and parachutes
Not a bad CP just because MK cant up-b stage spike.

ShuffleTrain

Smash Journeyman
The more I think about, the more it makes sense.

Rainbow would have been the last stage I would have picked for a CP.

Silly me.

RATED

Smash Lord
I am mk main and I know that Mr. GandW is broken out there , but MK is too I use it when Iknow when the person who I am playing agaisnt doesnt use or main Gand W , but If I am in there with with GandW I just use my Up B in the floor when the red arrow appears and MK tornado if I have advantage in stocks or I have the odds of losing that stock first then both die at the same time! suicide!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
up+b is an amazing move that most low level gaws dont use enough
use it

also i've seen it kill on rainbow cruise to the side
Up-B is my favorite move :). I probably use it more then any other G&W lol.

cutter

Smash Champion
Up B is definately amazing as an attack and nobody is denying that.

Hey Esc what frame does Up B hit on and when do the invincibility frames last?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Another thing I like to do is use GaW's amazing d-throw for techchasing at RC, I find the smaller platforms really limit the opponent's options. Ending it with a d-smash (Charged if they are teching) will kill very early if the platform is near the moving deathzone.

Top Bottom