• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Radical's Radical Kingmaker { ASSASSINS WIN SOME RADICAL TIMES }

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
LOYAL CITIZENS OF RADICAL-LAND, GATHER ROUND!

I HAVE RECEIVED THIS MORNING AN ORDER FROM THE KINGMAKER!

SPAK HAS BEEN DECLARED TODAY'S KING, AND HOLDS OUR HUMBLE VILLAGE'S FATE IN HIS ROYAL HANDS!

I HAVE ALSO RECEIVED AN ANONYMOUS LETTER...

"!@#$ the Kingmakers, we'll make this village ours now!"

SPAK, YOUR HIGHNESS, PLEASE SAVE US FROM THESE VILLAINS!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
TOTALLY RAD! I shall do my best. Although there is no actual voting, I will keep unofficial voting so that everyone has a say in what happens. I'll excecute the most popular lynch choice unless I am in direct opposition to that execution, at which point I will choose the second most popular, so on and so forth. Think of it as a veto. I there's a huge backlash from my suggestion I will either wash the blood from my hands and order the execution or declare the population is drunk and kill who I think would be appropriate.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, Rad should tag everyone to denote the start of D1.

Maven89

Smash Master
Interesting

What do people think of Spak's suggestion of still voting for his execute? On one hand, it gives town more control. On the other hand, it's completely removes any culpability on his part of the execute. Would we be better off forcing him to make a decision then we would telling him what to do?

Right now I'm not sure, my gut leans towards the later

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Interesting

What do people think of Spak's suggestion of still voting for his execute? On one hand, it gives town more control. On the other hand, it's completely removes any culpability on his part of the execute. Would we be better off forcing him to make a decision then we would telling him what to do?

Right now I'm not sure, my gut leans towards the later
I don't want to be a power-hungry fool; I want other's input on who should be executed, but as I stated, I have the final decision. I will always take personal responsibility for any death under my reign as King because I sealed the execution with my cool signet ring.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
No, you won't.

You'll lynch who you think is scum.

:059:
Very well. I guess the democracy is voting to not be a democracy. I'll not keep the temp. vote count and I'll just kill the most scummy person at the end of the day.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Don't let yourself be bullied into doing what you don't wanna do haha. Just got for it if you think someone is likely to flip Scum.

However, people suggesting names is a good way to get a paper trail and a "vote count" isn't bad either. It's always good to lock people into making stances.

This is odd because this is also my first kingmaker and so I'm curious as to how certain things will work.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Radical land -.-

So, this seems weird. How does RVS work here?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We can still do the whole "imaginary vote" thing, it'll probably have some use.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Nah, it'll be more iinteresting without a vote count and I can just ask opinions at the end of the day. I want it to be less like Mafia and more like Kingmaker.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
I guess we don't need RVS considering we're already debating the use of King Spak involving democracy in a monarchy.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Votes would still be a nice way of showing what everyone thinks. I guess I'll just use FoS for now.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
(Also, don't be afraid to pick apart and criticize my posts; killing me is fair game tomorrow and I don't like execution from asking fair questions).

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
(Also, don't be afraid to pick apart and criticize my posts; killing me is fair game tomorrow and I don't like execution from asking fair questions).
Killing you is fair game today. Suicide is always the answer! Vote: Spak

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
(Battery is at 3% and I'm a decent distance from home)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Actually Spak, I kinda would like to know what made you change your mind on the whole voting thing so quickly. Feel free to answer this whenever you have time.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Actually Spak, I kinda would like to know what made you change your mind on the whole voting thing so quickly. Feel free to answer this whenever you have time.

It was a combination of me realizing that would make it just a game of Mafia + a Radical castle theme and the fact it would be a bunch of extra effort (mod-level vote count dedication) for something I could just ask people's opinions about at the end of the day.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Never mind, I was closer than I thought lol. Off mobile at the moment, but will be going to a picnic in about two hours (which could go horribly because of the weather we've been having in NC).

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Don't let yourself be bullied into doing what you don't wanna do haha. Just got for it if you think someone is likely to flip Scum.

However, people suggesting names is a good way to get a paper trail and a "vote count" isn't bad either. It's always good to lock people into making stances.

This is odd because this is also my first kingmaker and so I'm curious as to how certain things will work.
yeah, i agree, we should make sure everyone posts their stances, but Spak should execute who he thinks will flip scum.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Spak Spak

THAT'S ALL WELL AND GOOD, but what exactly made you decide to have a vote in the first place? I know if I were playing scum, I might try to use that to cover up for my mislynch.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Spak Spak

THAT'S ALL WELL AND GOOD, but what exactly made you decide to have a vote in the first place? I know if I were playing scum, I might try to use that to cover up for my mislynch.
Because I wanted it to be a majority opinion, but I can get majority opinions by asking end-of-day.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
But why did you want it to be a majority opinion?
Because I grew up in a democratic republic of a society and because of that, I have been programmed to automatically think it is the most fair system of government.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I said "Democratic" when I meant "Democratic Republic" and violated the rule I noted should have been put in.

I usually like irony...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Because I grew up in a democratic republic of a society and because of that, I have been programmed to automatically think it is the most fair system of government.
Mafia has precious little to do with fairness though. I mean, I'll have to accept your answer but I think your thought process behind the whole thing is flaws. If you're given the power to bypass a town's ****tyness then compromising on it is the wrong approach.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
If you're given the power to bypass a town's ****tyness then compromising on it is the wrong approach.

I said I could override them at any point, though. So it would be more of a constitutional monarchy with the monarch having actual power.

Top Bottom