• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Radical's Radical Kingmaker { ASSASSINS WIN SOME RADICAL TIMES }

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
So, I've been browsing the Mafia Wiki for research... and I stumbled upon a RADICAL GAME SETUP that I would absolutely love to see in action. I thought to myself, "Why not make it happen myself?" so here we are.

Alright, we get it! You saw a neat setup! So... what in the !@#$ is Kingmaker?
  1. No communication outside of the game
  2. No posting when dead
  3. No talking about ongoing games
  4. I encourage you guys to have some fun with it! Get into the game! Become your role! This isn't really MANDATORY, but it is HIGHLY RECCOMENDED
Here's where things get a bit different from what you're used to in mafia. I'm not putting any exact numbers on scum/vanillas here, because I'm not sure what kind of interest a noob hosting a weird game variant will gather, but the roles are as follows...

• THE KINGMAKER ( x1 )
PM Version 1 said:
You are the last of a long line of "Kingmakers." It is your sacred duty to bestow the fate of the town among one lucky villager... But only for a day. Each night you may choose someone who will be crowned King at Dawn. You may also select a back-up, should your first choice be killed in their sleep.
PM Version 2 said:
The last of the Kingmakers has been slain. Though you question your worthiness, you know that without a Kingmaker the village will slowly wither and die. You take on this responsibility yourself, and may now choose the day's King at night. You may also select a back-up, should your first choice be killed in their sleep.
  • HERO( x1 )
PM said:
You are a legendary hero, renowned across the land for your exploits, the most recent of which being saving a kingdom from a band of scheming assassins, bent on taking over a nearby kingdom. You've relocated to this small border kingdom, hoping to retire from adventure and live a simple life. However, should a King be foolish enough to put you under the guillotine... All you have to do is reveal yourself, and the village will revolt, saving your life. Of course, the King will be executed in your stead, but hey, he started it.
  • ASSASSIN( x? )
PM said:
You are a member of a top secret guild of assassins. You aspire to one day take over the entire world, but haven't met with much success recently... Seems a wandering hero has been meddling in your plans, rallying the peasants against you. But there's no way he'd be in a kingdom way out here, right? This makes it the perfect starting point for your NEW campaign of global conquest. You may convene in secret with other members of your guild, and choose a single villager to kill as a faction each night. Oh, and if you do a particularly good job of hiding... You might find yourself the next King.
  • VILLAGER( x? )
PM said:
You are a humble village citizen living a humble village life. But even a common peasant like you could be chosen by the Kingmaker and become royalty! Additionally, a wise king will take your counsel into account before he makes a decision, so be sure to speak up if something feels strange.
  • THE KING( x1 )
The King does not have a Role PM and will instead be announced by the Herald( That's me ) at the Dawn of each new day. At any point during the day, a King may use the EXECUTE: Player command, which replaces the traditional Mafia voting system. Whoever the King chooses WILL be executed, unless they choose a Hero. This will trigger the night phase.
All Night abilities will be handled through PM
If a Kingmaker does not choose a King, a random King will be chosen.
If the Assassins do not choose a target, they will not kill.
If the King does not choose who to execute, no one will be.

Last edited:

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Kingmaker is fun,
But i already said I'd play in Js game :x
Oh, is there a limit? Or is that just an overextension thing? Because I also said I'd play in J's, I don't want to be breaking any rules I missed at first...

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Nah you're good and j might not even start his till this is finished. But i just wanna be able to focus on mostly one game at a time.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
How many people can join?

:059:
I don't rightly know. I didn't want to set the number too high and have the game sit in limbo for eternity, nor too low and have the slots fill up too quickly for interested folk to join.

I think a good soft cap would be 15, though that cap is just that: soft.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
With the basic flow of how games are doing lately in DGames, I'd say 2 game running concurrently is a good pace to stay at. I'll start mine maybe when Gheb's finishes, however, since Bardull's is over, you can start yours whenever you get the sign-ups.

I'll probably start mine whenever especially considering it's a smaller game and also I'd like to keep one game open and started at all times around here so the activity doesn't die down.

Kingmaker is something I would like to join in on as well though!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
With the way new games have been approaching, gotta let people know the intent to host in the social or something. Otherwise things like this occur.

Mine is the mini so that's it's own category. Full-style games though, meh.

Edit: I'll come up with a solution.

Last edited:

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
/in
I tried making a kingmaker on a different website before. That was also the day before the site went down. :4lemmy:

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
We're almost halfway to cap, folks!

Get those schedules cleared and ready for some RADICAL TIMES

Last edited:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Soooo when is this starting? (Mostly posting to get alerts for the thread.)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I need to play more Mafia. I've gotten so rusty that it's kind of atrocious to look at as either alignment. I'm tempted to /in but would rather give someone else the opportunity since I'm relatively busy for the most part anyway. If no one signs up soon though then I'll hammer at 9th.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
I need to play more Mafia. I've gotten so rusty that it's kind of atrocious to look at as either alignment. I'm tempted to /in but would rather give someone else the opportunity since I'm relatively busy for the most part anyway. If no one signs up soon though then I'll hammer at 9th.
Well, I'd say you're always welcome in here!

Also, keep in mind 9's just a minimum, 12 will be HAMMERTIME.

Besides, what better way to play more Mafia than to... PLAY MORE MAFIA?

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
WE HAVE NOW REACHED THE MINIMUM NINE PLAYERS

AT THIS POINT YOU MAY POST A "/start" TO INDICATE YOU ARE DONE WAITING AND WANT TO GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD

WHEN A MAJORITY OF PLAYERS /start OR A 12th PLAYER JOINS, ROLES WILL BE SENT OUT

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Caps lock for excitement broskii haha.

I'll say /start and put that for Sang as well.

Also make me and her be opposing sides and there will be fireworks.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I get home late tonight, I'll tag everyone and send roles then.

Last minute sign-ups and/or replacement sign-ups are welcome in the meantime.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'm ready for a RADICAL game of RADFIA: RADMAKER EDITION.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
(Also, you forgot to include no editing in the rules)

Top Bottom