• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Radical's Radical Kingmaker { ASSASSINS WIN SOME RADICAL TIMES }

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
There are six people alive. 3 (maybe two? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) of them are assassins. We need to progress the game or we die.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
There are six people alive. 3 (maybe two? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) of them are assassins. We need to progress the game or we die.
Yup, pointed that out earlier and the game hasn't progressed much. It's unfortunate that our Queen is sick and we have someone who is AFK a majority of the time. I swear, if Orbo was just coasting and I didn't push for his death hard enough, I'm gonna be upset.

Also, just clarifying, we should NOT roleclaim. If the assassins figure out who the hero is, we're toast, so only claim in the event that the Queen has confirmed that she is ready to kill you.

SangfroidWarrior SangfroidWarrior you should ask for a role claim before killing someone off; I neglected to do that.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I just finished my re-read, and my feelings on people have changed and they are as follows.

1) Generic - Strong Town Lean
2) Spak - Town Lean
3) Gheb - Slight Town Lean
4) Orbo - Null
5) Maven - Strong Scum Lean

The two to really change from this are Spak and Generic, and I'll attempt to explain this to the best of my ability (I'm still pretty sick, so my apologies if I don't make sense sometimes).

First, Spak. Throughout D1, he consistently worked with town and kept his thoughts and plans known (more or less) to all of town, allowing for a continued discussion that was led in a direction where something would result from it. He has really interesting insights and seems to be making every effort to progress town. Again, the only thing is me just wanting to see his interactions outside of being a King.

Second, Generic. This one I did a complete 180 on and it has everything to do with me previously focusing on the few things from his slot that I thought were scummy. His early posts were somewhat non-committal, but with respect to the Maven and Zalek thing, in my opinion he makes very strong points. For example, the comment about strawmanning (which has been discussed earlier). I will get into this more in a bit, but I think Maven has made multiple mistakes regarding how he has read a person's posts, to the point that it comes off as intentional. In general, I think my biggest beef with Generic was him not posting D1, and, even though I don't agree with everything he says, he is looking hard into the game and obviously willing to sort of... not really fight the status quo but I guess to not be comfortable with sitting on old reads.

My view of Gheb has not really changed. While I agree and understand some of what he is saying, there are some points and questions that he asks that are... bizarre to me. He also seems very willing to shut down conversations that he doesn't think are important. Regardless of that, I have a slight town lean on him because I get a good feeling from his posts but there are a few things that continue to make me wary of him. Although I couldn't find anything specific, I can't help but still be nervous.

Even after re-reading, I still have a null read on Orbo. There's nothing of his that I can really pin down that have made a big difference to the way I view his slot or that give me a real insight into how he's thinking. While this could be him simply being busy, as Spak said it could also be scumminess simply coasting. Again, I'm not entirely comfortable with executing his slot toDay because executing for lack of posting at a possible MyLo situation is, in my opinion, very bad because it's more of an unknown than something we can figure out. But, I can understand that letting him go until further in the game would also be bad. Definitely somebody that we should focus on.

Maven is my biggest scum read out of everyone. As I said earlier, it seems like a lot of Maven's posts have been either based around not understanding a person's post/comment or focusing on things only surrounding him. I commented on this earlier, I believe, but at one point he comes out of nowhere saying "I'm actually fine with executing Generic right now" which I find inherently scummy because we lose extra days to look into other possible directions. He later refutes this, but points out Generic doing this as well, this time calling it scummy. He makes the "townslip" that has been discussed earlier which, by itself, doesn't have much merit but when looking at the other mistakes he has made, I start to believe he either isn't reading the thread or is just skipping over important arguments to make it seem like he's doing scumhunting. He continually makes comments regarding not understanding why people may have him up for possibility to lynch, but doesn't look to examine their opinions or posts. And, throughout most of the day I was unable to see what his thoughts were on players besides a few scum reads that seemed to change a lot without making solid stances. Even toDay, he has yet to explain why he thinks we should execute Generic. It's all started to seem very intentional and I definitely think he's, in my opinion, a possible execution target.

Moving on to questions.

Generic, please respond to my question in 544. Maven, please do the same.

Could the people that have Generic as scum (I believe that's at least Spak and Gheb, along with Maven) go more in depth of why? I really don't see it, but if so many people believe it there must be a reason.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
With the idea that it might be a manufactured town slip in mind, what do you think he would have to gain from doing that? Personally, I just viewed it as a not-thinking slip because I don't see what an assassin would have to gain off of that unless they knew others would make a deal of it. Alternatively, if it was just an accident in general, do you think that connects to Gheb's comment about scum possibly simply skimming thread?
If I were scum, and I decided to fake a townslip, I would just put it out there. Not point back to it and cite it as proof, but let it be in the back of everyones' minds, giving him passive town cred, so to speak. That's what he seems to have done. Or, it could have been an actual slip. I don't think it connects to Gheb.

Sang, what points of mine specifically against Maven do you like?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nvm, Generic has Sang as a scumread which is probably fair game at this point.

Not impressed by Sang's case on Maven. Not like the points are wrong or anything but I don't see why it'd take so long for her to come up with it. All of her points could've easily been made yesterDay where they would've been much more useful. None of her conclusions required a reread ... unless she had just glossed/skimmed over it back then. Looks like either a bus attempt or just BS imo.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And just as I hit the reply button I realize that at this point it'd make precious little sense for scum!Sang to bus her scumbuddy so it's probably something different.

Wondering what Generic makes of all this considering Sang and Maven are his two scumreads ...

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, why is Orbo signing up for Blazblue if he can't even handle this thread's content? He just seems to not want to play at this point.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
That has no bearing on this game whatsoever especially since I'm going to be in a hydra
So you're saying you won't take time to read Blazblue? Time you spend participating in that game will be time you could have spent in this game, so it will effect this game. I'm fed up with you saying "I'll do more tomorrow" and not ever delivering on your promise. You've had two weeks and I've still seen VERY little significance from you. I've never had this problem with you, Orbo, and I've never seen you alone as Mafia before.

If you knew you were going to be this busy, you should have replaced out or not signed up at all. If you're scum, congrats for making the game more boring and possibly winning for it. If you're town, I'm sorely disappointed in you.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
If thisgame wasnt what it was in terms of replacability or the ounishments to slots, I'd probably have replaced out a while ago. Don't judge me in everything based on this game, just let the game be the game.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
And just as I hit the reply button I realize that at this point it'd make precious little sense for scum!Sang to bus her scumbuddy so it's probably something different.

Wondering what Generic makes of all this considering Sang and Maven are his two scumreads ...

I'm not sure what I make of it myself. A bus right now would be strategically questionable to say the least, so we'll see.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Kaladin Kaladin That makes sense. Thanks. I will get a response to you in a bit. I'm at an event for my school and can't look into it atm.

I currently have Maven as my only scum read. It "took me so long" to come up with the case because yesterDay I was focused on other things and unable to look at Maven's posts as a whole. When I did my read, one thing I focused on was looking at his slot and the decisions and comments that he's made, and that is the result.

Spak Spak ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ Maven89 Maven89 please respond to my question. Especially Maven.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Here are my big things against Generic:
Regarding structure: I am very strongly against any form of voting. Fite me irl.

Rather, I would propose a courtroom-esque model. The king can ask questions, do whatever, etc, as can other players to each other. However, I would submit that we, the non-kings, should make our case/arguments to the king, in an attempt to persuade him or her. Then, at the end of the day, the king will kill who he thinks is most likely scum -- of course, if you don't suck, the case you made to the king will influence his decision. The advantages to this are numerous, but they all boil down to us getting more information in one way or another.

1. Consider the following scenario: J makes a case to Spak that Rat is scum. The case is logically legitimate/holds good points. If Spak is convinced and kills rat, and rat is scum, we know Spak is not scum, at least day 1, and J gets significant town points. However, if, against a majority opinion and a logical case Spak refuses to kill Rat, and we later learn Rat is scum, then we can tell that Spak is likely scum. This is not the only type of scenario where we gain more information, but y'all are smart. I'm sure you can see others. If you want more examples, let me know.

2. It places a larger emphasis on the King. Most players will be king at one point or another. By treating a given king as a sovereign judge that we must convince, it allows us to better observe logical consistency, or lack thereof, for each king day by day -- putting potential scum kings

3. It reduces the bull****. If a majority vote for someone, the king disagrees and kills a townie, the WIFOM bull**** is gonna hit the fan. I don't want to spell this out because I have a finite amount of time, but just imagine the following day in your heads.

Post about reads/leans to come.
I already mentioned this in the thread, but suggesting a state in which someone is a confirmed townie is a dangerous game to be playing and it seemed that he wanted to have a confirmed townie if they were king and killed a scum.

QUOTE="*GenericHandle*, post: 20252235, member: 283701"]first, they're going to respond to the case I made.[/quote]
Death threats are not necessary to do that.

Post #183 expressed all of J's concerns with Generic's slot (which were all valid and points I still hold against him), and to that he responded with J "Twisting his words", then changed it to "Twisting of intentions". Also, thanks for making me go back and look because I just found a nice little bit that the thread almost forgot about:

No reason to question, when I made the post partially to demonstrate what I meant about making cases directly at the king (that being the second reason). I wasn't looking for any reads specifically, other than gauging their respective reactions, and spurring discussion.
This bit right here. Generic said that he wasn't looking for any reads; why would he not be looking for reads? That's sorta the point of Mafia, unless you already know everyone's alignment.

Also, the push against Maven seemed very weak, the strawman was a false claim, he backtracked like a madman D1, and then when there was pressure on him, he simply left. He came back to a thread without a J (his main investigator), which I will remind you, the scumteam attempted to kill before the modkill, and I foolishly killed Zalak. Since his return, he hasn't seemed as scummy, but he also hasn't been put under nearly as much pressure.

I also don't like this. I understand tagging someone when you are directly addressing them with your own content or reads, but telling someone to defend himself twice when the monarch already tagged him asking a question seems more like a boy sneering at another kid who got in trouble with the teacher while he got away rather than asking someone to answer a question with honest intent.

Orboknown Orboknown elaborate on your sang read
Sang, although somewhat absent throughout the game, has provided a lot of townie content, things to go off of, and while she hasn't pushed much herself, I'd say she's contributed a decent amount to the town's cause.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Lol formatting issues. Sorry Orbo.

Still, my points stand.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Sang, what points of mine specifically against Maven do you like?
Alright, sorry for just now getting to this. It's really two points that you made when I was reading through that helped me realize that maybe Maven wasn't making simple mistakes and that I needed to focus on him more. The first is in 171 where you state that Maven was strawmanning Zalak. The second is a post (toDay I believe) where you comment about Maven making the manufactured town slip. Initially, I thought both were just Maven being genuinely confused or not understanding, but this gave me pause and made me read Maven closer.

~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ thanks. Wasn't sure if there was more. Out of your scum reads, who do you think is most important to target?

Spak Spak ....hmmm.... that's actually really interesting. I don't necessarily agree with all of your points, but I understand where you're coming from. Who, then, do you think should be the target of execution toDay? Do you still think Orbo would be the best?

Honestly, we have, I think, only a little over 24 hours to find scum toDay. Unless Maven and Orbo start posting some (I understand Orbo I guess, but I'm super confused as to Maven's sudden disappearance), we aren't going to get anywhere and then we may be in a very bad place.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Spak Spak ....hmmm.... that's actually really interesting. I don't necessarily agree with all of your points, but I understand where you're coming from. Who, then, do you think should be the target of execution toDay? Do you still think Orbo would be the best?
I think Generic is the best bet at the moment because Orbo looks more uninterested than scummy (although inactivity could still be a scum sign), but it's your final decision. If you're wrong, town is screwed. If you're right, town may be screwed but at least we have another chance.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
That's my fear. And, whereas yesterDay I could see a lot of town-intent, toDay I'm seeing more scum-intent and it's making it hard to distinguish and make reads. At the moment, I'm just trying to follow my gut.

What do you think of my case against Maven? I'm asking because I want a different viewpoint than Generic's and you've previously held Maven as null, IIRC.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I think you case against Maven seems pretty good and he could also be a fairly good target for today, but I'm not sure which is worse; someone who left the thread when his pursuers got hot on his heels, had scum reads on lots of now confirmed townies, and has backtracked significantly, someone who has not read the thread a whole lot but has been here the whole time, hasn't explained his reads all that well, and has also backtracked, or an AFK?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Eh, I think there won't be a way around executing Orbo at this rate. Pretty much everybody has him as completely null and is basically waiting for him to do, well ... just about anything, really. I can understand if that happens on Day 1 or something but past a certain point, with a certain amount of flips there really isn't a plausible justification for that. If he's really just flat-out inactive ... with a reason to be so ... he could've asked for replacement a while ago. Instead he kept promising content that never came. There simply isn't a way for me to not find that suspicious, even if I had read Orbo as town previously.

I find his "play" to be pretty scummy [especially since in addition of his refusal to play, all his stances on D1 have been extremely safe and non-commiting] but at this point he should be executed regardless, if only out of sheer necessity.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I'm still really nervous about executing a mostly inactive player at a possible MyLo situation. And, I mean, at this point I think Maven can be considered inactive, which is super lame.

Lol Orbo. I wish I could have fallen asleep last night. Got like two hours of sleep. Because you're kind of here, why should we execute Maven over you?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'll be largely unavailable after 3 (EST), so does anyone have final questions for me?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I'll be largely unavailable after 3 (EST), so does anyone have final questions for me?
Why are you so scummy?

Seriously though, and this goes for ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ as well, why kill null inactivity over actual scumminess in a MyLo situation?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Why are you so scummy?

Seriously though, and this goes for ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ as well, why kill null inactivity over actual scumminess in a MyLo situation?
I actually changed my mind about who to lynch yesterday; I said you would be the best bets in post #586, and agreed the argument against Maven was good in #588. His subsequent inactivity to the push against him doesn't bode well for his slot's allignment, but oh well.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna try to give Orbo and Maven as much time as possible, but idk how long I'll be able to stay awake. If deadline is 11:59PM EST, we have less than 12 hours.

R RadicalRat is a prod at all possible for Maven?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Do we still even do prods?

I wish I had more questions for people but it seems that when I'm able to post other people get busy, and there's really no more content that I can go off of. :(

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Do we still even do prods?

I wish I had more questions for people but it seems that when I'm able to post other people get busy, and there's really no more content that I can go off of. :(
Most games do prods, but I'm not sure if this game does.

Maven89

Smash Master
Nah I'm here, I'm read up. Count me in, I'll be here answering questions

It's 6 alive, 2 scum. So if we kill a townie and the kingmaker picks a scum for tomorrow we automatically lose. If he picks town then it's a 1/3 choice.

I'm not going to talk about me not realizing there's a NK because there's nothing to say. I thought the game was a completely different setup and there's nothing to be realized from that.

I haven't understood the points against me because they seemed to not be relevant at all. I don't know how people can say I wasn't scum hunting, I was one of the primary forces behind the Zalak lynch. I don't see how being interested in if I die or not can be considered scummy.

I'm not so sure on Generic really, right now I'm more curious with Gheb. He gave me a very soft defense that seemed out of place, especially with it's soft attack on Sang.

Orbo lynch can happen if needed

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Uh, neither my attack against Sang nor my "defense" for you were "soft", dude. I've been pushing these stances pretty hard toDay.

Top Bottom