• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Radical's Radical Kingmaker { ASSASSINS WIN SOME RADICAL TIMES }

Maven89

Smash Master
You seemed to just hand wave all my contributions as "bull****", I'd like you to elaborate on that and why you think so

Maven89

Smash Master
@Sangiligiuioligious I'll go in depth later but right now my focus is largely generic, you and spak, though outside of his stuff directed at me I actually generally liked his last post

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Spak Spak , What are your reads for the day? Have they changed from yesterDay?
My reads are as follows:
  1. Zalak
  2. TheKingofKoopas
  3. Orboknown
  4. *GenericHandle*
  5. Spak
  6. Maven89
  7. #HBC | J
  8. SangfroidWarrior
  9. Gheb_01
Town
Town lean
Null
Scum lean
Scum

My scum read on Generic isn't as strong as my scum read on Orbo, but I know for a fact there's more than one assassin out there.

Also, what's this "Meta-confirmed scum" thing that Generic keeps throwing around? You've gotta tell us what it is if you want us to believe you.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
My reads are as follows:
  1. Zalak
  2. TheKingofKoopas
  3. Orboknown
  4. *GenericHandle*
  5. Spak
  6. Maven89
  7. #HBC | J
  8. SangfroidWarrior
  9. Gheb_01
Town
Town lean
Null
Scum lean
Scum

My scum read on Generic isn't as strong as my scum read on Orbo, but I know for a fact there's more than one assassin out there.

Also, what's this "Meta-confirmed scum" thing that Generic keeps throwing around? You've gotta tell us what it is if you want us to believe you.
I explained it. Look at Banjo Kazooie Maven. Look at Kingmaker Maven. Back at Banjo. Back at Kingmaker. There's a distinct play style and content difference.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I explained it. Look at Banjo Kazooie Maven. Look at Kingmaker Maven. Back at Banjo. Back at Kingmaker. There's a distinct play style and content difference.
The only time I've ever played with Town Maven other than this was Salt Mini Mafia (I was Doc and there were no town deaths that game), and he was fairly active because he and Dastrn were pretty much the only experienced people that were there. It's a bit suspicious that you're willing to put someone at a scum read because they generate slightly less content while they have two consecutive games going. He also doesn't look like RoDG Maven to me, but I won't judge him based on his play in only one game specifically. Do you have anything else on Maven?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
The only time I've ever played with Town Maven other than this was Salt Mini Mafia (I was Doc and there were no town deaths that game), and he was fairly active because he and Dastrn were pretty much the only experienced people that were there. It's a bit suspicious that you're willing to put someone at a scum read because they generate slightly less content while they have two consecutive games going. He also doesn't look like RoDG Maven to me, but I won't judge him based on his play in only one game specifically. Do you have anything else on Maven?
Anything non-meta? Yes, I'll elaborate later.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This sounds really fake. Internet tones are hard, but this feels like a manufactured townslip.
Again, I'd tend to agree with Gheb here. Faked slip.
Yeah, except that I never accused Maven of faking it. All I said is that I wouldn't put it beyond him to do such a thing.

And iirc Maven never even talked about it as a 'townslip' or anything? It was Orbo who said he wants to call it a townslip so if anything it's Orbo who's responsible for bringing that up. Nobody else took any particular note of it and even Maven himself didn't seem to do anything with it.

Hmmmmmm. Zalak does have a bad content-to-word ratio, but I'd say he advanced the thread more than Sang.
I've actually acknowledged that at a later point during Day 1. J had asked me something related to my reads and I mentioned that a lot of the town-credit Sang had gotten was not justified. I still don't understand why people have/had her as solid town, I don't think she's actually done anything of worth yet. If she weren't king toDay I'd be looking into the option of executing her a lot more.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, you're going too hard into the meta of somebody being vocal. There are many factors that can affect how much you have to say about stuff, some of which you don't even have any control over.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'd also like to mention that if there is more than one assassin, we are in MyLo.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
@Sangiligiuioligious I'll go in depth later but right now my focus is largely generic, you and spak, though outside of his stuff directed at me I actually generally liked his last post
Back to this, was there anything you wanted to ask me?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Gheb, I realize you weren't arguing it was a fake slip, if I didn't make that clear. However, I suspect it was fake. On mobile rn, will post more later.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Watching the debate right now. Will make big post some time after.

Maven89

Smash Master
Back to this, was there anything you wanted to ask me?
Why were you having me as your second choice?

Gheb, I realize you weren't arguing it was a fake slip, if I didn't make that clear. However, I suspect it was fake. On mobile rn, will post more later.
I honestly feel that's the main reason you have to even consider me scum and the rest if fluff

SangfroidWarrior SangfroidWarrior some input from our king would be nice

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Why were you having me as your second choice?

I honestly feel that's the main reason you have to even consider me scum and the rest if fluff

SangfroidWarrior SangfroidWarrior some input from our king would be nice
Because I thought Koops, J, Gheb, Sang and I were town, I forgot about Orbo temporarily, I know I'm town, I thought Zalak was scum, I was temporarily sparing Generic so he could live to defend himself another day, and you had produced the second most amount of content that could possibly be interpreted as scummy. I personally think the two most likely to be scum at the moment are Orbo and Generic.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Because I thought Koops, J, Gheb, Sang and I were town, I forgot about Orbo temporarily, I know I'm town, I thought Zalak was scum, I was temporarily sparing Generic so he could live to defend himself another day, and you had produced the second most amount of content that could possibly be interpreted as scummy. I personally think the two most likely to be scum at the moment are Orbo and Generic.
Wait what? You said Maven produced 2nd most scummy content, but you don't think he's likely to be scum?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
And why is Orbo scum? Lurking is scummy, but plain inactivity is null imo.

Waiting on a post from sang at this point cuz I don't have the energy to write a case on maven right now, and there's not much to analyze.

We're at MyLo, right?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Sorry everyone. I was really sick today and just spent all day sleeping. I'm still kind of out of it, but I want to get a post in before I fall back asleep.

I dislike Sang. Sang is now kinda scummy imo. Thus far, sang has posted the most carefully null, carefully noncommittal, and carefully not contrary to popular opinion posts I've ever seen. Unless Sang gets a scum today, I want to seriously look into her slot in the future. The questions are easy to manufacture, noncommittal questions that Sang never actually followed up on. Going along with Zalak scum, going along with popular town reads, not ever not parroting a very safe opinion that seems pro-town. Scary slot.
I'm just going to input here that this is generally how I play D1 simply because I have a hard time making my own opinions about people and choosing a side of things because I easily can see both sides of everything (I know, it's meta and bad, but I wanted to say it). To the bolded, I didn't focus on people answering my questions because I 1) honestly forgot a few of them and 2) just tried to use them as springboards to create conversations. If I think questions are super important, I will pursue them.

Moving on to better things.

This sounds really fake. Internet tones are hard, but this feels like a manufactured townslip.
With the idea that it might be a manufactured town slip in mind, what do you think he would have to gain from doing that? Personally, I just viewed it as a not-thinking slip because I don't see what an assassin would have to gain off of that unless they knew others would make a deal of it. Alternatively, if it was just an accident in general, do you think that connects to Gheb's comment about scum possibly simply skimming thread?

Orbo has contributed more than y'all give him credit for.
Hm... I might have to re-read then.

First, I really want that to be my new name for forever. Second, did you ever go into this? Or why you think we should execute Generic?

SangfroidWarrior SangfroidWarrior we have four days; who do you think we should focus on?
Honestly, I have my eye on you, Generic, Orbo and Maven. I'm going to clarify at the start that this isn't who I want everyone looking at or necessarily who I think is scum, but people I am very on the fence about and want to have a better feel for. You, because I want to see how you act and contribute outside of being King. Generic because we didn't see much from him yesterDay and I didn't like his posts then. Orbo because, again, we haven't seen much from him. And Maven because I keep switching between thinking he's town and thinking he's scum. I'm going to be doing a re-read of D1 with these people and the flips in mind tomorrow when I get out of classes and meetings.

I realize that's kind of a non-answer. Before I re-read, my thought is that we should focus on Generic and Maven. I don't think that all of town should be inherently focusing on Orbo as scum because, unless we get him to post more, we don't really have anything to go off of and lynching somebody based on inactivity at this point in the game would be very bad. We should focus on him insofar as getting him involved and posting, and then we can reevaluate from there.

I'll do my re-read and post any changes from then.

Orboknown Orboknown , when you catch back up, please get to my question when you can (preferably ASAP, especially since deadline is so close and we need more content in thread).

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
And why is Orbo scum? Lurking is scummy, but plain inactivity is null imo.

Waiting on a post from sang at this point cuz I don't have the energy to write a case on maven right now, and there's not much to analyze.

We're at MyLo, right?
I think there are only two assassins because having a third of the game being scum is a bad setup in my opinion, so I think you are scum and Orbo's non-commitment to the game could be either real life business or he's coasting. I'm not buying the in real life stuff because he's contributed very little, and I think it's suspicious that you seem so intent on defending an AFK that has produced nothing rather than forcing him to come back and defend himself. Orbo + Generic possible scumteam?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm just going to input here that this is generally how I play D1 simply because I have a hard time making my own opinions about people and choosing a side of things because I easily can see both sides of everything (I know, it's meta and bad, but I wanted to say it).
You're right, it's bad. You pointing that out yourself doesn't mean it shouldn't be held against you.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I never said it shouldn't be held against me. I guess that's the way it comes off just by me saying it, but I believe it's a valid point. My comment was just that, a comment.

Was that all you got from my post, Gheb? What do you think of Spak's points against Orbo's lack of content?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What else is there to get from your post? It's basically a bunch of questions and you saying you'll reread.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Hmm.

*adjusts monacle*
*sips tea*

Interesting. Let me digest this...

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, Orbo doesn't not visit Smashboards frequently; he's responded snappily to Blazblue, so he has the opportunity and time to post, but hasn't. He also seems to be using J shenanigans as an excuse, but the J shenanigans wouldn't have been a problem D1.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Also, Orbo doesn't not visit Smashboards frequently; he's responded snappily to Blazblue, so he has the opportunity and time to post, but hasn't. He also seems to be using J shenanigans as an excuse, but the J shenanigans wouldn't have been a problem D1.
That's a fair point. Orboknown Orboknown ?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
If it weren't for the fact that Sang is queen today, I would be pushing for a Sang execution over both Maven and Gheb. The more I re read, the less I like her.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If it weren't for the fact that Sang is queen today, I would be pushing for a Sang execution over both Maven and Gheb. The more I re read, the less I like her.
But since Sang *is* king ... you're going to push for Maven and me to get executed?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
But since Sang *is* king ... you're going to push for Maven and me to get executed?

Not you until I have something concrete. Not gonna go for an execute on basically q gut feeling. Maven? Probably.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
That is, I could be totally wrong about Gheb. Not going for the throat until I know I'm right.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
You still didn't answer why you think Sang is the scummiest of everyone.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
You still didn't answer why you think Sang is the scummiest of everyone.
Actually I did, but you didn't ask. Sang's posts are extremely manufactured that seem all to exist to change her views to whatever is popular at the moment. I've elaborated in previous posts, as well.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Actually I did, but you didn't ask. Sang's posts are extremely manufactured that seem all to exist to change her views to whatever is popular at the moment. I've elaborated in previous posts, as well.
Oh, OK. That was what I meant to ask with the "Care to elaborate?" question.

Top Bottom