• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Racking up damage quickly with Ganon.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I've been really trying to practice techchasing into D-air/F-smash out of Flame Choke, and it seems to be working well for me since I inherently have good prediction skills. I really think in order for Ganon to win, you have to implement this since he needs to get maximum reward for getting in. Dealing damage to your opponent isn't necessarily the issue since the real problem is killing anything once you stale your essential moves. Oh yeah and then there is the problem of actually landing Flame Choke against good players...but seriously, that massive damage/knockback you do from techchases is essential.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
One very effective thing after landing a Gerudo at high %'s is Grabbing the opponent, pummel like 5 times, then Fthrow them for like 22% of damage alltogether.
It almost deals as much damage as a Stomp/Fsmash (most likely it will, since those attacks are most likely staled) and it helps refreshing your KO-moves.
Though, if if you're positive that a Techchasing Fsmash will connect and kill, do not hesitate to smack 'em.

Grabs out of Gerudo are legit.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It never really occurred to me to techchase into grabs. I think I will try that, since Ganon actually does need to land a lot of grabs in order to help his damage output without staling kill moves.

The hard part is well...Ganon's grab range sucks...so you have to powershield getup attacks iirc.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It never really occurred to me to techchase into grabs. I think I will try that, since Ganon actually does need to land a lot of grabs in order to help his damage output without staling kill moves.

The hard part is well...Ganon's grab range sucks...so you have to powershield getup attacks iirc.
I find it easier to just "Shield DI" (or what it's called) their GUA, and then Shieldgrab.

Kishin

Smash Ace
On the subject of grabs:
Didn't Ray Kalm say something about wanting pivot grab range without the slide? Well, you can pretty much do that by dash dancing forward -> back -> pivot grab.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
On the subject of grabs:
Didn't Ray Kalm say something about wanting pivot grab range without the slide? Well, you can pretty much do that by dash dancing forward -> back -> pivot grab.
I'm really getting tired of Ray getting credit for my technique that I showed him >.>

@HomE

Smash Ace
Well Kalm is GONE, its fair to say that if you don't post in over a week you can legally be declared dead...

R.I.P Kalm... Your piercing negativity will never be forgotten..

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm really getting tired of Ray getting credit for my technique that I showed him >.>
Wasn't it Gleam who made that thread about Ganon's Pivot grab?

The way I remembered it, he asked for a way to get a similar effect as with a Pivot Grab, but OoS.
I can be wrong, though.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

You should never be techchasing with grab instead of flame choke. You can do about as much (or sometimes, more) damage out of a flame choke WHILE gaining the possibility of another techchase.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I've always wondered if let's say you caught a wario on the edge of a stage, could you air release him then buffer a DJ aerudocide off the edge? >.>

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
I've always wondered if let's say you caught a wario on the edge of a stage, could you air release him then buffer a DJ aerudocide off the edge? >.>
Maybe, but you could just spike him instead and...you know, not kill yourself :p

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Maybe, but you could just spike him instead and...you know, not kill yourself :p
Problem with this is they can SDI onto the stage at least and tech if he's good. Honestly, if you have him off the side of the stage and he doesn't suck at the game, it would be better to go for that fsmash.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So what do you guys do when you hit with the sourspot of Dash attack?

So anyhow I think the most popular followup is D-air, although I think other creative stuff can be done.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
So what do you guys do when you hit with the sourspot of Dash attack?

So anyhow I think the most popular followup is D-air, although I think other creative stuff can be done.
low percents
Dthrow-> Sourspot iDA ->
  • Run forward-> B-reverse Flame Choke
  • Dair
  • Read DI-> Charge Fsmash during their AD
Catch their AD
Forward with a Dash Grab
Backward with a Pivot Grab
-> pummel release -> read spot dodge/shield -> Flame Choke-> tech chase
=
profit

Lessons by Red8 brought to you by Me :]

Frio

Smash Champion
I find jab->dowb B->footstool->D air-> to in air warlock punch to be an effective combo to rack up damage.

Reim

Smash Journeyman
Personly, for building up damage, I strongly prefer the Thunder Stomping. (I've been playing Brawl for quite a while, but I've just been lurking the boards for a while, which would explain the join date.)

Top Bottom