• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R@vYn's monthlies at Play' N ' Trade Ft.Lauderdale (Cancelled)

nevershootme

Smash Master
If DDD, Bowser, Wario, etc.... use a suicide move on last stock they win, plain and simple. I'm going to remove that second part from the ruleset to avoid any confusion.

there are chances that the person can breakout of the attempted suicide move. if there's a small pixel of someone's head popping out, then you know they escaped.

lets say ddd sucks mario to death, and they both fall. and goes to sudden death, then ddd wins

if ddd sucks mario to death and mario breaks and jumps in time and ddd falls to death, mario wins

if ddd sucks mario and mario breaks and ddd survives and footstools mario, ddd wins.

btw, how the heck u got moderator status despite you just post on pit forums and little on atl south, plus not so much tournament recognition

Coffee™

I need it....
there are chances that the person can breakout of the attempted suicide move. if there's a small pixel of someone's head popping out, then you know they escaped.

lets say ddd sucks mario to death, and they both fall. and goes to sudden death, then ddd wins

if ddd sucks mario to death and mario breaks and jumps in time and ddd falls to death, mario wins

if ddd sucks mario and mario breaks and ddd survives and footstools mario, ddd wins.
If any of these occur wouldn't it show a decisive winner anyway? Correct me if i'm wrong but if #2 happens then DDD will lose his stock before Mario does resulting in a win for Mario, and for #3 Mario would lose his stock first, thus resulting in DDD's win.

btw, how the heck u got moderator status despite you just post on pit forums and little on atl south, plus not so much tournament recognition
I'm special?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
flatsoda man dont drop lucas? u should play someone you like, look at C. he OWNS as lucas and seen him do some nasty stuff to top tier characters :3 just dnt give up lol dnt be emo xD.

@tourney. god low tier :\ i might go just ganon for spikes

nevershootme

Smash Master
yes it will show the winner, if all else fails and there's a dispute. just get the match recorded and review the tape.

it's pretty much a risk vs win situation should any player dares to do that

and everyone is special... just like special ed from crank yankers, "i got mail, yay!!!!!!"

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
flatsoda man dont drop lucas? u should play someone you like, look at C. he OWNS as lucas and seen him do some nasty stuff to top tier characters :3 just dnt give up lol dnt be emo xD.

@tourney. god low tier :\ i might go just ganon for spikes
lucas will always be my favorite, I won't stop playing as him but I'll just drop him as my main.
I've got a character I'm working on as well as of course learning the whole dreamland cast.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lucas will always be my favorite, I won't stop playing as him but I'll just drop him as my main.
I've got a character I'm working on as well as of course learning the whole dreamland cast.
metaknight better not be in that "whole" dreamland cast >_<!

Coffee™

I need it....
Ok so the store now has a new manager and he has decided to continue letting me host tournaments there. However he asks that 10% of the overall pot goes to the store from the tournament.

Personally I'd prefer if the whole pot was given out but thats not my decision to make. 10% isn't too much to ask anyway so what do you guys think?

nevershootme

Smash Master
Um.... the door fee pretty much pays for the store. but adding 10% (lets say you just pulled out $20 off the pot out of $200) sounds too excessive.

so out of 40 ppl ($10 pot fee + $5 door fee). you pulled out 40 bucks and adding 200 from door fee. extra profits!!!

now if you are forced to (assuming the manager puts a knife on you as a threat if you rebel). then you can't argue much unless he/she is reasonable.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Wait...5 door fee and 10% pot? That's a little bs, but since I'm used to Gigs, it doesn't seem that bad.

Coffee™

I need it....
Um.... the door fee pretty much pays for the store. but adding 10% (lets say you just pulled out $20 off the pot out of $200) sounds too excessive.

so out of 40 ppl ($10 pot fee + $5 door fee). you pulled out 40 bucks and adding 200 from door fee. extra profits!!!

now if you are forced to (assuming the manager puts a knife on you as a threat if you rebel). then you can't argue much unless he/she is reasonable.
Lol the manager actually wanted like 50% of the pot before I reasoned with him.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
10% is decent just make sure entry fee is nothing past 20 bucks :\ or how about u make the low tier tourney goto the store o-o?

Coffee™

I need it....
10% is decent just make sure entry fee is nothing past 20 bucks :\ or how about u make the low tier tourney goto the store o-o?
Thats more than likely going to be more than 10% on the normal singles pot.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Maybe the store manager doesn't want a door fee? That will mean he will have to stamp our hands or put some kind of bracelet on people who entered into the tournament, and that would be confusing, because at the same time customers are shopping for games. So he wouldn't know who would be entered into the tournament. And that could be more confusing for brackets. Having the store take 10% of the pot would sound good enough, and it wouldn't be as confusing. Since it might be confusing to tell customers apart from the tournament players without some kind of identification. (Ex: Stamp or bracelet)

You get what I'm saying guys?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
or do it like it we usually

pay 15 bucks and 5$ of it is door fee and just register names. peoples names that are called out are in tournament o-o simple as that otherwise...customers....gtfo xD

Coffee™

I need it....
Maybe the store manager doesn't want a door fee? That will mean he will have to stamp our hands or put some kind of bracelet on people who entered into the tournament, and that would be confusing, because at the same time customers are shopping for games. So he wouldn't know who would be entered into the tournament. And that could be more confusing for brackets. Having the store take 10% of the pot would sound good enough, and it wouldn't be as confusing. Since it might be confusing to tell customers apart from the tournament players without some kind of identification. (Ex: Stamp or bracelet)

You get what I'm saying guys?
How is any of it confusing? If you register for the tournament we would have your names / gamer tag. How could we then confuse you with a normal customer? All you'd have to do would be to tell us what your name / tag is.

SojinX

Smash Apprentice
Every time say i am going to R@yvns tourment i never get to go maybe i might if I could get a ride some how i will try to make this one

Coffee™

I need it....
Mcdonalds, some Pizza places, Burger King and Wendy's not too far and some other random resturants. There is also a supermarket in walking distance of it.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
good to know, are we permitted to eat food inside the PNT?

i'd assume not, and there would be a short intermission between low-tier and singles right?

Top Bottom