• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.U.N Crew is over, was good friends. Lock this thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol im getting there. still young for some concepts, but the more i stay here the more i learn so dont think im gonna be a scrub forever. while i dont know much about fighting games except a little SF mostly smash i am getting better, need that coaching from legends like EL and spam XDD i did place nice at apex and will continue to improve from there

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
So, Team MOB

go us?

Xio Seph and I are definitely going to be playing occasionally during the summer, anyone else from MOB want to join us?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
So, Team MOB

go us?

Xio Seph and I are definitely going to be playing occasionally during the summer, anyone else from MOB want to join us?
I'd love to join. Eazy is also randomly in my town and we play occasionally so maybe him too.

I was hoping Seph was going to call me that one time we were supposed to play on a Sunday but he never did :( And I lost all my contacts a couple days before that so I couldn't call him. Instead I played SF4 for Chen and Sneak so I still happy :D

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

MOB is back! I've been having alot of fun playing with Woly and Keitaro this past week. I'm glad to see that even though we haven't played much recently, everyone is stepping it up. It was also great to see Sneak and Spade yesterday.

Everyone should check Wolys channel for vids of our minismashfest, and maybe join us for the next one.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
You completely understand why I don't like Brawl + that much. I really hate getting hit once to having 50 + percent giving to me. It's like once you learn the combo you can just go robot mode on people and give them extreme amounts of percent or straight up kill them.

If I want to play something like that I'd go play Melee which I'm never going back to. At least with games like Melty Blood and Blaz Blue combos nearly never take up even a quarter of the life.
Melee has DI too xD I rarely see people getting 50+ from one hit. Unless one person is immensity better than the other, or if it's Sheik/ICs chaingrabbing.

Seems like Smash64 would be a better comparison.

Actually, a perfect one O_o

You just play WoW :D

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
how bout that MOB rep

lol after i beat clutch then jash i got pwned soooo bad by snakeee omg i need to learn that match quick. idk if it was cuz i had to leave or somethign i never got beat that bad lol

jashs toon link is insanely nice you guys have no idea how much i had to step it up to play him lol drained all my smash powers

Keitaro

Playing Snakeee is very different from playing most other people. His brother is also Shadow so he knows the matchup pretty well. If possible watch a vid of him and pick up on his tricks and start your way from there.

I beat him once but I just laser camped him to hell :D

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i saw the results we placed just outside money dude. im getting closer and closer lol. i shoudl start practicing but silly mob is always not playing =[

Snakeee

Smash Master
Playing Snakeee is very different from playing most other people. His brother is also Shadow so he knows the matchup pretty well. If possible watch a vid of him and pick up on his tricks and start your way from there.

I beat him once but I just laser camped him to hell :D
And then I picked up Sheik/Zelda :p lol.
<3

(actually you and D1 made me start using them in tourney, thanks ^_^)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Lmfao Erik gtfo you need to prove yourself worth of facing Wario by beating my Snake first :D

uh...no homo.

Keitaro

i saw the results we placed just outside money dude. im getting closer and closer lol. i shoudl start practicing but silly mob is always not playing =[
Yeah, wtf, I didn't know 5th gets money :(

Well I'm honestly very pleased at my placing but I know I could have done better so I will be training alot now and plan on going to more tournies cause I want money :D

Oh, also the game is loads of fun.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lolol ur set with diem was hilarious. u shoulda seen me go dojo on jash. so what iwas thinking since allied a really good kirby wants to team is hold a big smashfest cuz my basement has like 4 setups and its cool leads to outside garden and basketball hoop

anyway with all the bridgewater ppl , some ny, and mob lets set a date so the next tourny next month or a big one in august we will **** hard.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
I need to upload more matches of my ROB NOT getting *****...

You should've editted that video more, like have a tipped fsmash everytime they shouted, "EAZY!". Vids that are in sync with the music are maaaad awesome. Also, some of the footage should've been omitted (like Keitaro shine stalling for like, 30 seconds before getting upsmashed). It was hilarious, but it kinda threw off the whole rhythm of the video.

But those are just quirks from a giant nerd, great video madu.

Btw, how did you put the video together? I was thinking of making one when I start winning some matches lol

Eazy23

Smash Lord
ROFL sorry Woly.
You can donwload videos from youtube with the newest realplayer. They are downloaded to your comp as flv files. Then I use this free flv to avi converter program, it works really quickly. Like ten vids can be converted in like 5-6 mins.
After that you can just edit them in windows media.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
A large part of winning with Marth vs. MK is learning your opponent's patterns. Many know that I was able to beat Shadow last weekend. However, I failed to then defeat DmBrandon immediately afterwards. Part of the reason this is, is because DM and Shadow, as well as most of the MKs here, have their own preferences and play styles. MK can cope very easily with Marth's pressure unlike most characters. Furthermore, he has a plethora of options at his disposal. To win, I MUST recognize which options are favorable to the MK at hand, and then pick the correct punishment options. I need to know how MKs like to recover (M2k likes Dimension Cape, Shadow likes Tornado, Brandon likes Drill Rush, Inui favors Shuttle Loop.) I need to know who favors Nair when jumping out of shield, and who favors Dair. I need to know who will go for the greedy SL gimps (Shadow, Ksizzle, and DMBrandon) and who will not, so I can judge whether airdodging is necessary. I need to know who favors what sequences after dtilt, or ftilt, and when they like to grab. I need to know how they like to end tornado, so I can determine whether to chase, or to wait, or to upB, or any method of appropriate punishment. I need to know who likes to roll away, so I can chase, or who likes to spot dodge, so I can dancing blade, or who likes to roll behind me, so I can use tipper dsmash to end a stock, or use reverse Dancing Blade.

SOOOOOOO many habits and patterns to remember, makes it difficult to win in a disadvantageous match-up, but I have a powerful mind, and can do it. However, to FORGET everything about a MK I just defeated, and then wipe my mind to immediately adjust to a new top level MK in later rounds is EXTREMELY strenuous, exhausting, and fatiguing, not to mention just straight up difficult. For this reason, I now have learned to simply analyze my mental state. It is foolish to try and play at top speed and power, AND employ mindgames when I am tired and handicapped by false conditioning from previous matches.-Pierce7D

Wow just wow. I never thought someone could put my troubles into words this well other than myself. I just wanted the crew to read this and get a glimpse into the mental strain that it is to maining marth. Alot of you guys simply do not understand how many factors go into doing well with this character.

Keit I know you think its just fair fair, but no, you are absolutely wrong. The amount of conditioning, pattern recognition, recovery styles that we must switch between, are immeasurable. As a marth main I CAN NOT play the same way throughout the tournament. I just hope this post from pierce gets marth mains a little more respect, because I feel his words in this situaiton, are easy to understand.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
so eazy what you're saying is you have to outplay the mk throughout the whole match in every facet.

bam.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Yup. And none of my crewmates will ever understand what this REALLY means.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I just wanted the crew to read this and get a glimpse into the mental strain that it is to maining marth.
You might as well say there is mental strain to maining Ganondorf because you need to 100% know what the Meta Knight player is going to do in order to win. There is no mental strain; it's just Marth cannot possibly hope to win because he can't cover enough of Meta's options while Meta does not have that problem.

Keitaro

A large part of winning with Marth vs. MK is learning your opponent's patterns. Many know that I was able to beat Shadow last weekend. However, I failed to then defeat DmBrandon immediately afterwards. Part of the reason this is, is because DM and Shadow, as well as most of the MKs here, have their own preferences and play styles. MK can cope very easily with Marth's pressure unlike most characters. Furthermore, he has a plethora of options at his disposal. To win, I MUST recognize which options are favorable to the MK at hand, and then pick the correct punishment options. I need to know how MKs like to recover (M2k likes Dimension Cape, Shadow likes Tornado, Brandon likes Drill Rush, Inui favors Shuttle Loop.) I need to know who favors Nair when jumping out of shield, and who favors Dair. I need to know who will go for the greedy SL gimps (Shadow, Ksizzle, and DMBrandon) and who will not, so I can judge whether airdodging is necessary. I need to know who favors what sequences after dtilt, or ftilt, and when they like to grab. I need to know how they like to end tornado, so I can determine whether to chase, or to wait, or to upB, or any method of appropriate punishment. I need to know who likes to roll away, so I can chase, or who likes to spot dodge, so I can dancing blade, or who likes to roll behind me, so I can use tipper dsmash to end a stock, or use reverse Dancing Blade.

SOOOOOOO many habits and patterns to remember, makes it difficult to win in a disadvantageous match-up, but I have a powerful mind, and can do it. However, to FORGET everything about a MK I just defeated, and then wipe my mind to immediately adjust to a new top level MK in later rounds is EXTREMELY strenuous, exhausting, and fatiguing, not to mention just straight up difficult. For this reason, I now have learned to simply analyze my mental state. It is foolish to try and play at top speed and power, AND employ mindgames when I am tired and handicapped by false conditioning from previous matches.-Pierce7D

Wow just wow. I never thought someone could put my troubles into words this well other than myself. I just wanted the crew to read this and get a glimpse into the mental strain that it is to maining marth. Alot of you guys simply do not understand how many factors go into doing well with this character.

Keit I know you think its just fair fair, but no, you are absolutely wrong. The amount of conditioning, pattern recognition, recovery styles that we must switch between, are immeasurable. As a marth main I CAN NOT play the same way throughout the tournament. I just hope this post from pierce gets marth mains a little more respect, because I feel his words in this situaiton, are easy to understand.
This is cool and all but I'm pretty sure most people can change the word "Marth" in that paragraph and put in "*insert character here*". MK is clearly a rediculous character. One MK player can play far different from another MK player causing what I once could do (beat Shadow, Izumi, and Umbra's MK) to become garbage when I face a different one (DMbrandon, Ksizzle's MK)

It's also very stressful. I do not like fighting MK anymore cause he is too short to laser spam. He can also up-b out of Keitaro Time, gimp the **** outta Falco, stop Falco's recovery's at least 3 different ways, etc. I understand what you saying Eazy and I do appreciate it cause it's definitely harder to beat MK with Marth, but most of what Pierce said can apply to anyone's main.

For example, playing your MK gave me barely any practice to play against DM's. As you saw, I lost to DM first match barely then the 2nd match I 2 stocked him. Same thing with Judge as I lost first match and won the 2nd one on the same stage.

How did this happen? It's mainly due to people having vastly different MK styles causing me to lose first match. Then after I think and remember all that he has done, I take him to the same stage and beat them back by memorizing their moves, tactics etc. I'm starting to learn to adapt instead of play a repeatitive/gay/lasering style cause that just doesn't work anymore. :(

Eazy23

Smash Lord
****, nice response bro and very very good points. I mean I'm not at all saying your character or anyone elses beats meta. Everyone has their difficulties, this I am aware of. But think of it this way, even when you are just playing mindless, autopilot mode, you won't get *****. Just picking up on a few patterns on your opponent will result in a much easier time. That level of thinking you experience when you"re like " ****, how do I win" is what marth mains are feeling except its more like " ****, how do I not get *****".

Falco's gameplay is imo rather linear. That's not at all to say I'm not impressed with the things you do, you have tons of niiiiiice wins, and impressive sets. But overall, atleast in the case of falco, I duno , it does sem that his meta matchup would be pretty straight forward. Thats mainly why pierce is using falco for meta now as well u know?

Everyone else in the crew mains snake, diddy, rob, or meta. Maybe Rob has as equally tough of a time, I'm really not sure. But woly doesnt go 2 tournies much, so nj's meta domination doesnt display itself to him 2 often.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Metaknight's gay lol. A campy MK beats a campy snake if mk is winning. Snake can't catch him. Aggro mk who knows what he's doing can be a pain against snake, but snake wins if mk is actually approaching. If most mk's developed patience though, Snake loses the matchup. It's so annoying that I'd rather ditto or use fox and camp their balls off with lasers.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Chris I have to argue with ya a bit. I don't think you honestly understand the type of stress and strain I am speaking of.

First off, any person who uses a character in tournament that they do not find viable is an idiot. I DO find marth to be completely viable and able to win or do decent in any matchup. It is just very very very difficult sometimes. This is what causes the stress. Playing my character to THAT level, just to maintain a decent placing or whatever.

Chris, you have the tendancy to quit.
Remember how many times you looked for diff chars to beat keit with?
Remember that time u lost 1 round to a wolf at the ru tourny and you immediately said u were going wario on wolf from now on?
Remember going fox on d3?
Remember spam getting 3 stocking by dojo and u telling me how he HAD TO SWITCH..to snake at that LMAO
Cuz when things are difficult, you immediately try to find an easier way to handle the situation. This provides you with temporary fixes, but you don't really learn why you were losing in the first place. I'm not saying that these things are wrong, but look how they shape your perception of things. You never study hard and try to figure out how to win the tough matchups with your best character. You never truly understood why you were losing in the first place.
I duno, I kinda wish you would have just not cared about how it looked when u took a loss , and attempted to figure out the problem that was causing you 2 lose 2 meta, toonlink, whoever. Your character does FINE in these matchups. I just watched Anti vs Jash on saturday......TRUST ME, SNAKE DOES FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE vs toonlink. You figured out how to beat falco right? Sheik right? You would have figured out how 2 beat almost every char if you would have changed your attitude, but thats just my opinion on the situation.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Chris I have to argue with ya a bit. I don't think you honestly understand the type of stress and strain I am speaking of.

First off, any person who uses a character in tournament that they do not find viable is an idiot. I DO find marth to be completely viable and able to win or do decent in any matchup. It is just very very very difficult sometimes. This is what causes the stress. Playing my character to THAT level, just to maintain a decent placing or whatever.

Chris, you have the tendancy to quit.
Remember how many times you looked for diff chars to beat keit with?
Remember that time u lost 1 round to a wolf at the ru tourny and you immediately said u were going wario on wolf from now on?
Remember going fox on d3?
Remember spam getting 3 stocking by dojo and u telling me how he HAD TO SWITCH..to snake at that LMAO
Cuz when things are difficult, you immediately try to find an easier way to handle the situation. This provides you with temporary fixes, but you don't really learn why you were losing in the first place. I'm not saying that these things are wrong, but look how they shape your perception of things. You never study hard and try to figure out how to win the tough matchups with your best character. You never truly understood why you were losing in the first place.
I duno, I kinda wish you would have just not cared about how it looked when u took a loss , and attempted to figure out the problem that was causing you 2 lose 2 meta, toonlink, whoever. Your character does FINE in these matchups. I just watched Anti vs Jash on saturday......TRUST ME, SNAKE DOES FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE vs toonlink. You figured out how to beat falco right? Sheik right? You would have figured out how 2 beat almost every char if you would have changed your attitude, but thats just my opinion on the situation.
I agree with this and it applies to me. I'm a very lazy strategist, so I lose to random characters because I never took the time to analyze the optimal ways to deal with each character. I think I do ok against DDD, MK and Lucario, with Snake, though.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Yea ether, its happened to me a good amount of times. I spent soooo much time trying to learn to fight meta that I never thought about....Lucas, crap like that. I mean obviously at this level of play, we should have a firm understanding of what our characters can do, and why they win vs others. But realistically, we take those factors for granted I believe. Its good that you found that flaw in your gameplay, you can only improve from there you know?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Welllll sounds like johns but since I don't have time to practice I will try something else since what I was doing at that point in time wasn't working. I stopped caring about winning or losing enough to work on my weak points. You're absolutely right on your evaluation, but with my lack of motivation, not much can be done about it.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i present the mk tourny stress on wolys rob!!!

lolol but yea while reading the thing perice said it could apply to most high tiers / mid against MK

i do respect marth mains a lot cuz it takes a lot of pract, reading, and smart moves to win. u cant just spam fair. eazy knows how to marth vs mk and it should feel a lot better when u win dude but u need to see that at higher lvls of play, u just cant cover pro mks. they have just so much more options that beat urs. idk if its a dead end or if u just play so much better u could win but assuming the best marth vs best mk.

mk wins.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
^^QFT

Not really a dead end tho unless your goal is 2 be the best in the world or something u know? Sometimes I wanna win really badly, sometimes I just wanna play, its never toooooo serious. Not enough to just give up on marth because he isnt the best char in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom