• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.U.N Crew is over, was good friends. Lock this thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
I kinda understand what Keitaro is saying about the d-throw/b-throw. Try and look at it from this perspective Easy.

It's something he's been doing for 9 months give or take. It's a bad habit sometimes. In the heat of a battle, people tend to fall into their habits. It's the people that have the best habits, or can even break out of their habits to adapt that end up playing better. Old habits die hard. Maybe waveshining was a bad example, but imagine you're going to another country, and instead of waking up, using the toilet, and then brushing your teeth, you instead realized that waking up, brushing your teeth, and then using the toilet was more profitable for some reason. It's such a little difference, yet the results are something you want, and you need to do it consistantly to remember you need to do it when you travel or whatever.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
i remember that i ***** you and that i felt like it wasn't even close ok? besides i trust my memory of that set over your's so i still think i 2 stocked u that last round. i never "barely won" vs u in winners finals that day.

mm me when you're having a good day :p

and if playing like crap is a legit excuse, convince ur fellow panelists. we can both benefit from that excuse as of now.
You didn't twostock me. I specifically remember something like one stock 70% and actually saying that was a real win because I didn't play super terribly.

I'll MM you for any amount you want when I see you. How much? I apparently need to remind you that you're not better than me.

SDing/playing terribly/etc. is obviously legit. How can it not be? I loathe and despise the "no johns" crap that everyone spews.

"I SDed at 0%."

"No johns!"

I think I might hit the next person that says "no johns" to me after a completely legit REASON (not excuse, a REASON) for losing is mentioned.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I never said I was better than you lol. I just said that our set was kinda one sided :) don't be so defensive madu. As for the mm, i'd say $5 should be good, but we both have to be feeling good that day so that you don't hit me :p

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
LOL you need to come over again or something and not go home so soon then. :laugh:

I'm under the assumption that RU isn't happening this thurs. would I be right?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
haha nah dude we don't get back til the 17th. we'll have to find a day where everyone's free again too, so it might not be on thursdays this time.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Playing like crap can matter all it wants, it doesnt cross over into the discussion of rankings. If that is the case, I will need a health report, relationship( family and friends) update, and personal play evaluation from every player in NJ during every NJ tournament. If anyone feels like they were sick, sleepy, hungry, or playing badly, their sets dont count deal?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
For every set I have during SWR imma have my mom call me and say a family member died after the first match. This way, I'll have johns for losing and johns for me not trying hard enough if I win. :laugh:

@ Umbra: Your explanation was better than my own. I'm happy you understand what I mean. It's hard to just change what I usually do and it will take hours of practice before I can break my usual habit.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
For every set I have during SWR imma have my mom call me and say a family member died after the first match. This way, I'll have johns for losing and johns for me not trying hard enough if I win. :laugh:
ROFL

NoJohns if you lose to me in tourny though. It better be legit.

*hides from Inui*

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lmao erik idk why but ur post reminded me of the symptoms of weed if you's a happen tah set it on fiyah, you become hungry happy sleepy!

keit you're gonna run out of relatives eventually xD

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Keitaro- I understand changing habits may be difficult but it's backthrow. First of all the whole laser reverse pivot grab setup is something you plan on doing, so while searching for that right time to pull it off....think bthrow bthrow bthrow. Im sure eventually you will bthrow Chen, and feel like the real asian woman you are.

I never ever ever ever play 100 percent in tourny. Im playing my best with no pressure and tons of warm up. Im sure everyone else has their own zone of playing their best. What happens in tourny is all that is on record tho.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I play my best when I camp like a gay. Thank you for inspiring me Kashif :laugh: I also play better the more I ftilt.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
I thought you played better with moar falcon pawnch?

I never ever ever ever play 100 percent in tourny. Im playing my best with no pressure and tons of warm up. Im sure everyone else has their own zone of playing their best. What happens in tourny is all that is on record tho.
I play best when I'm obviously am not sandbagging, and don't have people screaming at/around me. You'd be surprised how often people decide to scream during a match. >.>

The point of that is I guess I can see where you're coming from. Next time you guys do a RU event or something I'll try and come. I'll help Yes with Pit and I def want to play you at your max.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
The tourny atmosphere obviously wont cater to everyone. I love when I have people watching my matches. When no one is, I find myself taking sets more like friendlies, unless the person I'm playing is a rival or better than me. But of course, I cant have my friends there 2 watch my sets all of the time.

People screaming is gonna happen, just like at a sporting event. Those who can function at a high level regardless of yelling, boredom etc find themselves making money.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I like when people watch me but if I'm alone I'll just remind myself to camp like a gay >.> In Snake We Trust.

Keitaro

I have beaten people and they partially blamed their loss for people screaming. I got so used to screaming I don't even remember it, but it's easier to remember it after losing, especially if they were screaming through a microphone "dam NYC"

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Keitaro i'm pretty sure ppl will blam their losses to you on YOU for screaming like a psycho mid match :laugh: remember blue battle circuit 3? you screamed at every nearby explosion in our set xD

Eazy23

Smash Lord
People make alot of johns, reasons, excuses because brawl is a game which makes it very difficult to see who is clearly better in a contest. Like in melee, when you loss to someone, you pretty much knew, wow they are better than me. They out tech skill me, they outthink me, they know stages better, they know matchups better etc.

In brawl everyone thinks they are Gods gift to the community and losses MUST be attributed to something other than being outplayed. I am guilty of this 2. This isnt 2 say that the reasons are untrue, but if it were easier to know who was simply better, there wud be much less johning.

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
:ohwell:
I'd rather somebody say condescending things like Pierce does rather than scream.
You're right though Eazy. I should keep my chin up, and get better rather then have johns lol.

Everyone can quote me on this though, since these couple of posts are pretty enlightening. If I am beat consistently, then the player is better than me at that time, despite my johns, and I'll do my part and get better though.

Keitaro

Keitaro i'm pretty sure ppl will blam their losses to you on YOU for screaming like a psycho mid match :laugh: remember blue battle circuit 3? you screamed at every nearby explosion in our set xD
lol, I only scream in tourney matches when I play good friends so people like you, Eazy, Atomsk will have to deal with it :p

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I got no johns. I'm just inconsistent, and I suck in general.
Um no. You happen to play a character with TONS of potential. However, results with marth are based on tons of concentration, high level thinking, and TONS of patience. Don't start feeling like you suck because of any loss you might receive. Most people don't know the mental strain that comes along with maining a character who is seen as "****" but has to put in as much effort as low tier chars do just do to well. You will get hardly any props for the difficult matches you face, if the character isnt high tier. You will also catch tons of **** for losing, when most likely, it was during a set in which your effort output was atleast double that of your opponent who was meta, snake etc. Trust me, I know what it feels like and its not fun. But dont get down on yourself dude.

Keitaro

I RBPGed to b-throw 5 times in a row today!! I am now ready to use it for this weekend!!

I'm happy my Falco is starting to look much cooler.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I am very proud of you son. To bad none of the cool things falco can do matter, when you are ****** your opponents with fully charged fsmashes lol

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I started practicing this, it's hard.

I can't do it on a moving target. tips por favor?
Silent laser gives +3 frame advantage, I find it much easier to pull it off after hitting the opponent with a silent laser. Don't fish for it, its kinda situational. Like you can catch marth while he is fairing, hit him with the lasers, one of them silent, then rpgrab him. Its really not that hard if you know the simple setups you know?

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I am very proud of you son. To bad none of the cool things falco can do matter, when you are ****** your opponents with fully charged fsmashes lol
QFT that **** killed me at like 80 off the side of frigate.. right through the tornado man!!! haha.
looking forward to playing you again this weekend keitaro.
eazy should random mm me if i beat yehs in at least 1 out of our 2 mms LOL.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Lmao shadow I have the absolute WORST luck in radom mms. But sure sounds like fun haha

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
haha alrightt.. but when i just say "yes" people think i'm saying yes lol. guess i'll capitalize it. lmao, no johns if you use it too much an lose XD.

eazy- haha, alright. if it's anything reallllyyyy stupid we can agree to not do it. i did the same thing with doom. for some reason i agreed to my puff vs his mk .... i almost had it... lost my last stock when he had 1 stock about 70% left lol. i was proud XD.
my rule is, if either of us gets samus u can use zss. (if you want). since you can't get her on random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom