• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. = worst character in smash history

mossdog

Smash Apprentice
He has one piece of history with Nintendo, which was largely a way to sell more consoles by making it seem futuristic. (OMG, THE NES HAS A ROBOT, I MUST BUY IT!) At least Megaman and Ridley have been in games. No, sorry, I'm sure there was a ROB game. At least Megaman and Ridley have been in GOOD games.

And this isn't saying he's not good in Brawl, just that he's kind of stupid in general.
have you ever played gyromite?

it's so much better than the first megaman it' not even funny...

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
what ungrateful *******s man, rob and g&w have been around longer then most of the characters on smash, and rob is one of the reasons the nes ever got off the ground. no respect for history people, not to mention the fact that both characters are GREAT fighters in brawl

corpse_humper

Smash Cadet
I keep reading this, but I never see any sources. >.>;
Basically what happened was that stores didn't want to put anymore video games on the shelves since the crash of the industry in the US so Nintendo bundled the console with R.O.B. as a toy, thus saving video games in America.

if it wasnt for him you wouldent be able to play brawl if it wasent for him there would be no nintendo
If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have gotten video games back then but I doubt everyone in America would have ignored such a thriving market. Besides that we could have always import games from Japan since they never had such a crash as the US.

This thread is fail, but I couldn't help but respond ^_^;

Bees!

Smash Ace
He has one piece of history with Nintendo, which was largely a way to sell more consoles by making it seem futuristic. (OMG, THE NES HAS A ROBOT, I MUST BUY IT!) At least Megaman and Ridley have been in games. No, sorry, I'm sure there was a ROB game. At least Megaman and Ridley have been in GOOD games.

And this isn't saying he's not good in Brawl, just that he's kind of stupid in general.
*facepalm* Without Gyromite(or R.O.B.) there probably would be no Metroid, Megaman or Smash Bros even. He saved a failing game company that was on the verge of bankruptcy from extinction. If it wasn't for Gyromite there would likely be no Nintendo. Gyromite had enough success to keep Nintendo afloat until big hit games like Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Castlevania and Final Fantasy came to the scene. The hype from Gyromite showed the public that video games might be worth the money for consumers which allowed more interest for big hit games to come. And the success from Gyromite kept Nintendo afloat. Partly why there are so many references to him throughout games from Nintendo. Sadly up until now and even now very few people know the importance of R.O.B. in gaming history. Putting him in Brawl is the least they could do imo.

This thread is fail, but I couldn't help but respond ^_^;
Same. I guess combating ignorance with understanding is something I couldn't help but attempt to do. =D

Player-3

Smash Hero
rob is a terrible character.

so terrible i don't even both to capitalize the three letters in his name.

R.O.B. almost took Mario's spot, but they managed to get Mario in on time. They did this by cutting out Megaman, Cloud, Sephiroth, Simon Belmont, Soma Cruz, Hitler, Jesus, and Your Mom from the roster.

It was all worth it.
I see you t0mmy mah boi!

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
I love R.O.B. so much! But even when he saved what becommed today, no one thanks him. They are ungrateful, unfortunately. R.O.B. is Nintendo's blood after all. Love to R.O.B..

Bees!

Smash Ace
They need a ROB for the wii. He can be a
--wifi signal enhancer(if that is possible)
--mp3 player(generally everything nowadays is an mp3 player of some sort)
--an extra hard drive to store games in.
--like the old ROB he can be used to store your controllers.
--Also he will talk like ROB 64.
--He will come with "Gyromite" and a new ROB game(not sure what that will be)
--Also can select random games on your wii main screen in case you can't make up your mind(this might get annoying I would imagine)

Top Bottom