• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. mains, what other characters do you use?

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
Besides R.O.B., I like using Charizard.

Actually most of the time I'm running Zard unless I run across an opponent that's giving me trouble; then I'll switch to the robot.

1FC0

Smash Lord
My programming includes a spam filter that filters all the trash out of the character selection screen. That is why I use only the best. Guess who my secondary is.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I tend to use :4samus:(Samus) when I don't use ROB, but I also have a weird attachment to:4pikachu:(Pikachu) even though I am not even skilled with him. I should practice though, he was the first character I ever played in a smash game, way back in melee. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Pikachu's speed might also make up for some of ROB's shortcomings.
I also plan on trying to secondary :mewtwopm:(mewtwo) when he comes out, but I don't know if I should be too serious about it though. We'll see, we'll see.

Last edited:

Brazen Rook

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phrymz
I tend to use :4samus:(Samus) when I don't use ROB, but I also have a weird attachment to:4pikachu:(Pikachu) even though I am not even skilled with him. I should practice though, he was the first character I ever played in a smash game, way back in melee. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Pikachu's speed might also make up for some of ROB's shortcomings.
I also like to play as Pikachu if I'm not using ROB. I feel that his tiny size and great speed make him a good choice for fighting ROBs tougher matchups. Their moves also have a few things in common as well, such as: down thrown to Uair (which pikachu can follow up with another aerial), neutral B is a handy-dandy projectile, side B is situational, up throw kills for ROB while Pikachu's can lead into a thunder which also kills.

Jearbear357

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jearbear357
3DS FC
3136-6787-2727
I like megaman. He feels pretty natural after you learn how to use lemons, but after that megaman has been very fun, since im a rob who likes to combo off items, I will usually use metsl blade. I feel like megaman isnt a bad secondary since he cant be rushed down that easily. So super fighting robots 4 life.

Last edited:

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
Megaman has arguably one of the best side tilt of the game. Megaman is really strong currently.

Jearbear357

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jearbear357
3DS FC
3136-6787-2727
Yeah, I probally should edit that XD. Right after I posted it, I looked up megaman and I realized something. Im supposes to JUMP after using side tilt. Now megaman is a very tricky for me, but hopefully I can adapt to the new playstyle.

B.O.R.

Smash Rookie
I main R.O.B.:rob::4rob: My others i main are Dedede:4dedede: , Ness :4ness: and Duck Hunt :4duckhunt:.

VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!VOTE FOR SKULL KID!!!!

Last edited:

:^)

Smash Rookie
I enjoy playing :4jigglypuff: and :4falcon: as well as playing a bit of :4charizard: and :4wiifit:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
In my sig.

Main secondary is bowser. ROB is defensive and Bowser is aggressive. I think they match each other well.
Retracting. I'm 98% invest in R.O.B, 2% in Ike.

Last edited:

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
  1. R.O.B.
  2. Sheik
  3. Looking to pick up / put some time into:
    • Fox
    • Kirby or MK
    • King DeDeDe
    • MegaMan
    • Open spot for some DLC chars that I may enjoy

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Olimar. Actually, I consider myself more of an Olimar main than an R.O.B. main, but I happen to use R.O.B. more becasue I've been playing Olimar for so many matches in Brawl that I feel like I need to have more variety.

Breadbot

Smash Cadet
I main ROB, my secondary is ROB, I enjoy playing as ROB for fun, sometimes I'll use ROB to mess with people, if I'm in a play to win mood I'll use ROB, if the mu is bad, I'll switch to my ROB, I also keep a pocket ROB for emergencies
I'm also training a super secret character that one day will come out and ruin people
so if you ever play me
you may get a rare glimpse of my ROB

Pixel_

Smash Ace
:4megaman:- May be a good character for you if R.O.B. doesn't feel exactly right
:4mario::4pikachu:- Better at hit/run playstyle I originally tried with R.O.B. (it didn't work so well)
Then I use a few other characters (see my sig), like :4charizard:, though I don't really see the connection between them and R.O.B.

Last edited:

Sage of the Dusk

Smash Rookie
I quite enjoy playing Meta Knight. They have a pretty interesting dynamic together and to my knowledge MK deals with some of R.O.B.'s worse match ups.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
I really need a secondary for the Sheik MU. I've tried the ditto, and against some "eh" players, I've had success (but tbh, I can beat them as ROB, its just slightly more difficult), but against anyone else... shiz is ugly, fam. Any ideas on a secondary for the Sheik MU, that ISN'T Sheik (or Rosalina, if I can get around it... not that im opposed to it, but I just can't get a handle on her). Thx in advance.

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
I really need a secondary for the Sheik MU. I've tried the ditto, and against some "eh" players, I've had success (but tbh, I can beat them as ROB, its just slightly more difficult), but against anyone else... shiz is ugly, fam. Any ideas on a secondary for the Sheik MU, that ISN'T Sheik (or Rosalina, if I can get around it... not that im opposed to it, but I just can't get a handle on her). Thx in advance.
I heard that pikachu, mario/luigi and diddy are pretty good to go up against sheik.

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
Now, stay with me here... As a secondary to R.O.B, I'm actually really enjoying :4littlemac:(Little Mac). He takes you out of R.O.B's defensive mentality, sure, but you can actually be defensive with Little Mac, too.
- His F-Tilt is good for spacing, especially the second hit, while that jab is good at disrupting rolls, dash attacks.
- He has a counter that you can fake people out with, or even use for KOs if the other person is being impatient... Ganondorf, anyone?
- Even his Side-B, that one attack that everyone seems to think is useless around the edge? If you press B while the move is still active, you can choose when it attacks. Maybe it's because I've been getting lucky, but I think it's good at hitting people off the edge.

Plus, his aggressive playstyle gives you an idea of what other characters could do against R.O.B if they get up close... I mean, yes, he's a very special character, but at least he gives you a different mindset.

Lizard_Buttock

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1925-1807
Now, stay with me here... As a secondary to R.O.B, I'm actually really enjoying :4littlemac:(Little Mac). He takes you out of R.O.B's defensive mentality, sure, but you can actually be defensive with Little Mac, too.
- His F-Tilt is good for spacing, especially the second hit, while that jab is good at disrupting rolls, dash attacks.
- He has a counter that you can fake people out with, or even use for KOs if the other person is being impatient... Ganondorf, anyone?
- Even his Side-B, that one attack that everyone seems to think is useless around the edge? If you press B while the move is still active, you can choose when it attacks. Maybe it's because I've been getting lucky, but I think it's good at hitting people off the edge.

Plus, his aggressive playstyle gives you an idea of what other characters could do against R.O.B if they get up close... I mean, yes, he's a very special character, but at least he gives you a different mindset.
I'm pretty sure we all knew that Macaroni is a defensive character.

MintyBreeze

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-8437-7637
Hmmm, fine. But I was just saying it in case other people didn't know. (I'm not trying to be passive aggressive, I swear...)

Last edited:

Peppermint1201

Smash Journeyman
NNID
orangeguy1201
3DS FC
0361-7301-1534
I mostly play ROB and Pac-Man. I played ROB to be loyal to Brawl and because I've always loved Pac-Man games I knew he would be a good choice especially considering his many similarities to ROB. I've been trying to figure out a viable secondary I'll enjoy that covers these two's weaknesses (since they have similar ones). At the moment I'm trying out Mii Brawler but I may change it up later.

Also I voted Bomberman for the ballot.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Along with ROB I also use/main:

:4kirby: :4dedede: :4pacman: :4tlink: :4zelda:

I played as Kirby since Day 1 (SSB64) and as time went on I gathered more mains and characters I loved. I don't use some as much anymore (such as Peach and Mr. Game & Watch) but I do pull them out now and again. I guess you can say they turned into secondaries as I discovered more characters I can be pretty well with. I also originally attempted Duck Hunt, Wii Fit Trainer, and Bowser Jr once Sm4sh came out. Wii Fit Trainer became a bit of a secondary while the other two I just wasn't that great with.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
I find Sheik and R.O.B. to compliment each other quite well against almost the whole cast. They both fit my technical fancy and have similar set ups like d throw up air shenanigans. R.O.B. even helps my item play with sheik for those rare occasions I get to use my nade shell as sheik. R.O.B. I find that they play differently enough to really throw people for a loop during a set when you switch which is nice. I recommend this duo or Zss instead of sheik maybe will perform much of the same task in theory.

oldkingcroz

Smash Apprentice
I co-main ROB, Ike, and Kirby. They have a decent MU spread with even matchups against most of the cast (only real issues across all 3 characters are Villager, Mega Man, and Jiggilypuff). I dig their customs, and just love playing these three.

Top Bottom