• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. mains, what other characters do you use?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm curious to find out what other characters my fellow robots are accustomed to. Apart from my steady main, I also periodically switch secondaries between:4gaw:,:4duckhunt:,:4bowserjr:,:4pacman:, and:4mewtwo:. They're all fun as hell, and the first two were also in the retro 3-pack, so I felt like I was obligated to pick them up. Plus, Mewtwo was my first main, so he holds a special place in my heart.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's kind of the reverse for me. I main Pit and Palutena and R.O.B. is a steady secondary of mine.

He was my main in Brawl, though, and he's definitely among my favourite characters in the game. I suppose I naturally have a thing for defensive ranged fighters, since I also play Ludwig and Duck Hunt~

LinkNova

Smash Rookie
NNID
LinkNova
3DS FC
2449-4828-2387
As it says down below, Peach, D3 and Pac-Man

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think its pretty obvious who else I main, I have them in like 3 places.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Mega Man, Pac-Man, (and to a lesser extent) Mii Gunner and Mr. Game & Watch. But I enjoy playing as Jigglypuff, Duck Hunt, and Dr. Mario on the side.

Viriquin

Smash Rookie
NNID
HarlequinBlue
3DS FC
5413-1007-0170
Shulk, Bowser, Mii Brawler just to name a few.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
In my sig.

Main secondary is bowser. ROB is defensive and Bowser is aggressive. I think they match each other well.

Last edited:

K-45

Smash Journeyman
I use megaman, G&W , samus.

Rob is my 2nd most used character online

ninrok

Smash Cadet
NNID
rokninja
I'm actually a Robin main, but ROB and Lucina are my secondaries. Huge fan of ROB since casually playing him in Brawl and really have fun playing him while learning the competitive game.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I main Ganondorf with Shulk & R.O.B for secondaries, R.O.B really helps with some of the campier characters that give Dorf trouble like Link & Dedede.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
I actually main Captain Falcon but i mained R.O.B in Brawl, and did at first not like the Changes he got for this game, but now i have started to use him as a secondary in this game.

Im starting to use R.O.B more and more again now and really like the amazing stuff you can pull off with his Gyro.

Last edited:

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I like R.O.B the most, he's the only character I use with confidence xD
But I also main Zelda, Villager and Peach.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Good to have another ROB main around, welcome to the boards!
Thanks! I wasn't really sure where to start so I thought I'd just insert myself into a random R.O.B thread haha xD
I'm looking forward to it though, the Boards seem really friendly :3

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
Dedede, Game & Watch, and Link are my secondary mains, but I do my best with R.O.B., probably because I used him and Lucas so much back in Brawl.

I do also play Wario, Marth, Captain Falcon, Mario, Ness, Alph, and Mii Brawler from time to time, but mostly because I like experimenting.

Last edited:

al-LAYN

Smash Cadet
I've been having trouble finding a secondary that complements R.O.B., or at least one that gives me the same enjoyment that playing with R.O.B. gives me. Robin and Samus seem to be the other two characters that I've been trying out a lot (even though Samus got hit by the nerf bat once again), with Bowser Jr. being another character that I use from time to time. I saw someone mention Duck Hunt, so maybe I should give him a try.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Wario, G&W and Wii Fit Trainer for me!
I have picked up R.O.B. today and i fell in love with him instantly, so I i wanted to have him in my top 4. :)

Ħαχση

Smash Rookie
NNID
SSBBHDSN8
3DS FC
2509-1068-2650
Besides R.O.B I use Samus, Ike and King Dedede... I use Luigi and Yoshi to troll online lol

Ornstine

Smash Cadet
NNID
Faroose
3DS FC
3454-1164-7348
I should probably co main characters that reflect on ROBs weaknesses but im not sure if i use the characters that do that. If im not playing ROB im usually playing the ALOT of different chracters. Because im still testing characters compared to my playstyle but i tend to focus on Robin Pit Pikachu Wario Meta Knight Pacman Bowser and Dedede. oh and Diddy Kong.... Sorry... :c Obviously ROB is my best out of all those guys But im wondering who out of those guys focuses on ROBs weaknesses the best. Im also practicing a ton of other characters (Kirby, Luigi, Shulk, Falcon, Zero Suit, Toon Link and Rosalina come to mind currently) so this list of semi mains isnt really final

ROB is combo food and has trouble with getting rushed down before setting up his spacing tools. So maybe characters like Pkachu Pit and Diddy can help me with this as they are quick agile and dont really get combo'd easy especially for Pika and Diddy with Pikas up b and Diddys side b being very good for escaping combos and getting out of getting rushed down from pressure characters like Sheik Sonic and Falcon.

:4rob:
So as of now its: :4pikachu::4robinf::4diddy::4pit::4pacman::4bowser::4dedede::4metaknight::4wario2: (In that order)

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed that a good Olimar both is easy to adapt to as a ROB main, and solves a lot of problems ROB has. From my past few plays on Smashladder, I've been able to deny a tourney-tier Pikachu who beat my ROB because Alph was so good at spacing and his airs compared to ROBs are godly. I'd suggest trying out Olimar and seeing how he feels, though he might be harder to adapt to and understand what Pikmin are good in what situations.

Basically, like ROB, Olimar/Alph is good at everything, be it heavy offense or tricky defense. A heavy focus is put on his projectiles, just like ROB's Gyro. However, he's smaller, thinner, can move a bit faster, and his airs are much better than ROBs. I'd recommend him, especially against more combo-centric characters like Pikachu, who give ROB a real run for his money.

I dunno, maybe I'm just much better at Alph then I am at ROB, but coming off an 8-win streak and only losing as Rob (who I always play first round as) once, I'd have to say that the two play off eachother very well.

ninrok

Smash Cadet
NNID
rokninja
I don't even know anymore lol. I THINK I'm FINALLY settling on ROB as my main and ZSS/Samus as alts, but I've been all around most of the cast since the 3DS launch.

ROB and Samus are the only consistent characters I've played throughout Brawl and now this game (though I didn't play Brawl competitively much at all).

MajiNfraze

Smash Apprentice
Sheik and Fox. I started using this trio in Brawl, and it's really nice - you always have one that you can pull out if you have a tough matchup. I'd probably pick Diddy, but I hated Diddy players in Brawl... just seems super easy to play like Melee Sheik.

I hate hate hate how Shine was completely ruined in this game - I actually had to turn the Wii U off and have a drink after playing Fox the first time - but Fox's tilt, smash, and aerial game are still strong, and he can make quick work of the characters I struggle against as ROB.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
I use Mario and Dr. Mario, as well as Dark Pit and Kirby. Mostly the Marios because they cover R.O.B.'s weaknesses decently (Doc does well against Ness, Mario does well against ZSS and Fox).

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
:4rob: Is the only character who feels "right" to me in this game.

When I'm messing around I like to try to learn :4diddy: and:4jigglypuff:. HOO HAA for obvious reasons Jiggs for fun.

Xanthous

Smash Cadet
I like using Morton as a secondary alongside R.O.B., probably since they both have great stage control with the Mechakoopa and the Gyro. I also use a ton of characters for fun, like Bowser, King Dedede, and Alph.

Jee412

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jee412
Since the beginning of Smash, I always used :4ness:

I think what Ness and R.O.B. have in common that I really like is that both of them have no trouble racking %, they both have great combo, both have kill throw and projectile.

In all, Ness is really my main but when i'm in trouble, the killing robot is always there to cover my loss !

SatoshiM

Smash Cadet
I play random a lot on for glory nowadays that I have decent practice partners for when I want to play ROB, so I have decent experience with most of the cast. But the ones I would consider secondaries would be Mario, Falcon, Diddy (seriously though, who doesn't have a pocket Diddy?), Shulk. There's a lot of others I'm not afraid to choose but don't feel totally comfortable with though.

Top Bottom