• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B. mains, what other characters do you use?

Pale Tuna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sdarian
Robin is currently my secondary. I know he isn't as great as other characters but I enjoyed his game and his play-style is pretty fitting for me.

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
I currently main:

:4greninja: - His speed and defensively play can help me beat players when I cannot win while playing as R.O.B.
:4lucas:- I just love how Lucas feels when preforming his combos and the games that I win gives me great satisfaction!

My secondaries are:

:4fox: - Another character that I like to use every once and awhile because of his speed and the different types of mind games that I can pull while using him.
:4falcon:- Who doesn't like playing Hype Falcon!!!
:4littlemac:- I like playing as an underdog character! :)

Plategoron

Smash Rookie
NNID
Plategoron
:4lucina:: Allows me to not strike/ban BF in very certain MUs.
Yeah, Lucina is kinda awful as a second. I'm also working on a pocket :4fox: though, which looks like it would actually help.

Rob_TH

Smash Rookie
NNID
Roverthor
I've always mained :4rob: as first character, since he's called like me ^^

But some months ago I discovered my love to :4zelda:, despite her limitations. So now I main her; when I have troubles against lagless or campy characters that make it almost impossible for me to punish I use R.O.B., and when the matchup is impossible to both of them, I play as mii brawler (medium weight and 2122), which is still legal in Spain.

I'd say the only top tier I play against as Zelda is Rosalina, since I find it not that hard with her, and maybe some more like Yoshi when I feel comfortable. Mii brawler only used against Mario, ZSS, Sheik, Fox, Villager and again Yoshi, the worst matchups to me with R.O.B.

Last edited:

DJGameGuy

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJGameGuy
Whenever I find myself unable to space in a MU (namely against Villagers) I usually switch to Ike or Mario. Ike keeps some of the ranged gameplay with added power while Mario is good for beating out spam and having fast, easy to string moves.

For fun I tend to gravitate towards GnW and Shulk, both characters I don't consider very good but are very enjoyable to play as, in the right environment.

Top Bottom