• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.O.B Counter of the Week: "Falco"- How Does He Work? How Do You Beat Him?

8Bitman

Smash Master
I personally think R.O.B should be above Pit, and Peach.

Just a thought.... I would say he should be an entire tier higher, but then again yall will yell at me...

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
i've come to the conclusion after being foot stool infinited on freaking wifi by a tourney player from Florida that ROB V Zamus is definetly -3 lol

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
The captain falcon infinite is easy too, but what matters more is landing it. (that being said I have to clue how hard the ZSS infinite is to actually land.)

sneakytako

Smash Lord
So I figured out something big about the falco MU that I figured I'd share here.

For a long time I had trouble punishing falco's SH double laser shenanigans. The best way I would figure is to run up and powershield to get really close, then either grab or wait for his reaction (spotdodge, roll, move back and phantasm) and punish accordingly. But the problem was that this became a guessing game where we didn't have a strong advantage.

This changed when I tried jab OoS. Jab OoS beats spotdodge by hitting the second jab as he leaves his invincibility, and you can time the first jab to have the active frames within the beginning of their landing animation, preventing falco from stopping us with his own jab. This leaves his only option as shielding as soon as he lands and jabbing, which we can beat by grabbing instead.

I lost to kismet a few weeks ago where I won the first game on SV, lost on BF, and lost my CP on YI because there was only one CP stage (no Frigate, no Delphino, no Halbred :/), but I feel confident after playing a few games with some other falcos I've got his number next time. Kismet I'm coming for you if you namesearch :D.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I've utilized that technique as well as using the F-Tilt OoS where needed. I still think the matchup is bad - not super bad, but irritating. It's just bad enough and annoying enough I'd sooner use a different character.
I have the same opinion of the Toon Link matchup. I keep saying it may just be my personal feelings on the matchup, but those two characters and Meta Knight's Mach Tornado are enough for me to want to switch it up to a different character and lose rather than win with R.O.B. haha

But I wish you a lot of luck, let us know how this helps out and maybe it can help out others.

Top Bottom