• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R-LAB: Read Like A Book #2 ft. SSBB & Project M - January 4th, 2014 - Toronto

Toronto Joe

Smash Master

Even Matchup Gaming Presents R-LAB 2!

RLAB is Toronto's newest tournament series featuring only singles for Project M and Brawl. The tournament will be hosted on the basement floor of the Ralph Thornton Centre (765 Queen St E Toronto, ON M4M 1H3). To register simply click attending, post in the event page or pm a tournament host your tag and the events your entering. Thanks! See you in the lab :)

Date: January 4th, 2014

Directions: From Broadview station you can take the 504 bus or the southbound street car thatll take you straight to the venue.Or from Queen station you would take the queen street car eastbound straight to to the venue

Schedule: 1pm Doors open+late registration
1:15 Bracket is made
1:30 tournament begins
5-6pm tournament ends

Events: Super Smash Bros. Brawl + Project M

Prices------------------------------------------------------

Venue fee: $6
Brawl Singles: $10
Project M Singles: $10

Those who bring both a TV + Wii recieve free entry to one event
Those who bring a TV get half off on venue
Those who bring just a wii get 1$ off on venue

Payouts------------------------------------------------------

Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles

1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 10%

Project M Singles

1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

4th and 5th place will receive discounted entry for the next tourney if we reached 16 entrants each.

Project M General Rules

Stagelist

Starters

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story (Melee)

Counterpicks

All Stages on Page 1
except SSE Jungle,Skyloft,Castlevania

4 Stocks

8 Minute Time Limit

Items set to “Off” and “None”

Pause set to OFF the player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick the last stage he won on in a set.
Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can't be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.

Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.

If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, Kirby/DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.
Buffer set to off.

Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.

Custom music is allowed as long as it's not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.

If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.

In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO's discretion.

No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs' Rising Pound and Mario's Up-B Walljump)

No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn't hold up the next match.
Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Smash Bros. Brawl General Rules

Stage List

Starters

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks

Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege

3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to “Off” and “None”
Pause set to “Off”
Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
There is a 35 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.
If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins.
Any coaching that happens during the match (but not in between matches) is restricted. Players who violate this rule will receive a warning (BOTH the player AND the person coaching the player) on the first attempt. Players who violate this rule after a warning will be disqualified from the event and a possible ejection from the venue.
Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner

*Payouts are subject to change.*
*scheduled times are approximate*

For anyone who hasnt already joined the Southern Ontario Brawl/Melee Facebook Group, join so you can stay up to date with the next tournament!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/gtabrawlscene/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/217143131655859/

Blueberry Kong

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DKbill
"To register simply click attending"
There's no "attending" button for me. I'll most likely be attending and if so, will be brawling. Also, how much are the winnings?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
no doubles? :( guess im going but not joining any events

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
"To register simply click attending"
There's no "attending" button for me. I'll most likely be attending and if so, will be brawling. Also, how much are the winnings?

Haha I'm guessing it was copypasta from FaceBook.

I'm also one of the T.O's so if you're coming just post in this thread to let us know which events and your gamertag!

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
I already messaged TOJoe so it's all good. PS. I was like one of your first subscribers on youtube!

Awesome! I'm going to be quite busy throughout the event but we should definitely play some friendlies!

To answer your question about payouts, both games will be divided like this:
1st place - 60% of entrance fees
2nd place - 30 %
3rd place - 10%

hell-dew

Smash Apprentice
Im coming tag is well my name lol. Entering brawl singles

Last edited:

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Damn probably have to miss this one.. that makes two in a row now. My gcc was stolen after last tourney (not at the venue, but that same night I was robbed) and I'll likely still be out of town that weekend. Hope to make the next one though! And team with poke again someday lol

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
I'm gonna try to go to this, maybe bring my brother and David, but I might need a ride either to or from the venue if anyone is willing to drag three n00bs back to Brampton ;)

Top Bottom