• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

crossing someone up and shielding is a really safe and good option.
It works against me :(
Good against characters you struggle to cover forward...
Ollie! Ollie! Ollie! Ollie!
Oh, boy this is going to be a long one.
I thought you were the mod here for a sec, Xey.
Then I saw it was Falco.
Modding should be relatively easy. No one ever posts there.
woah wth! Congrats on mad xeylode! What forums are u modding?
*See Zajice.
nobody cares about youuu
I do not understand you o.0

Olimar, roll to approach olimar.

Spelt, your more like a word at a spelling bee we do not know how to spell. We ask for its usage in a sentence and get no where. Then, we take a shot at spelling you and screw up at the silent letter causing little Lucy to win the whole thing making Pedro very sad.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Today's the day where I start retaking top spot in this thread's posts.

Also, serious inquiry. That snake back room thing we did like... forever ago, was a complete bust. It was a nice effort, but it crashed and burned. We didn't even really do anything notable.

But would anyone ever wanna use it for anything ever again? Should I just make it public and turn it into another +1 group count? I don't see a reason to bother with it anymore, especially after this long, so unless anyone wants to start anew with it and has some magical revival plan, that's probably what I'll do.

If I wasn't a group *****, I'd probably just delete it
if I knew how.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Why is our matchup discussion thing dead when we don't even have a summary for all of the characters?
Because most of us are

lazy

or

don't play brawl

or both in my case. SuSa was mostly keeping this board productive but he's kill on sight now D:

Today's the day where I start retaking top spot in this thread's posts.

Also, serious inquiry. That snake back room thing we did like... forever ago, was a complete bust. It was a nice effort, but it crashed and burned. We didn't even really do anything notable.

But would anyone ever wanna use it for anything ever again? Should I just make it public and turn it into another +1 group count? I don't see a reason to bother with it anymore, especially after this long, so unless anyone wants to start anew with it and has some magical revival plan, that's probably what I'll do.

If I wasn't a group *****, I'd probably just delete it
if I knew how.
Now, this is the sort of reaction I want to here about. Activity is all about multiple people. Besides, do you even still play Zajice? I figured you dropped Snake for Pikachu a long time ago.

And, I think the idea of a Snake backroom is not very good anyway. People hardly ever check social groups except if its special. Probably better to keep it here.

Also, you'll have your work cut out for you. Between my old account __crystal____ and this one, I have about 2221 posts in this social thread after this post.
Why is our matchup discussion thing dead when we don't even have a summary for all of the characters?
It was a project that honestly never took off the ground. Hardly anybody feels qualified to talk about it. In the end, match-up discussions revolved around quick one-liners rather than discussing various aspects of the match-up. If we ever redid such a project, I think we should introduce it under a new name so people do not instantly go to match-up ratios. It might also be a good idea to facilitate a thread where we vote for match-up discussions for a particular period that way we do not get stuck in a match-up with ganon and people say "Ftilt, camp more, Utilt" and it be the end of discussion.
Everyone's gotta take part instead of just idling if that's ever gonna happen.
This may be the reason why others don't revive old threads, but I don't think I could make a proper thread myself lol. =p
Watch others make threads and see what qualifies as good threads and not. Learn through imitation. That's how we all do it.
Because most of us are
lazy
or
don't play brawl

or both in my case. SuSa was mostly keeping this board productive but he's kill on sight now D:
I was upset to see SuSa commit accountcide. Etecoon, you should just post here and talk about whatever. I mean, we both have the whole Zelda thing going on. And I bet plenty of others would discussion it as well. Plus, there are others things to talk about if brought up. Only, it seems we ever get onto music and it sort of dies from there.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Been on hiatus from the game in general for a few months now, but I wanna make a GRAND RESURGENCE cause I've been getting my interest back.

But my favorite board is deader than ever.

Gotta get some chit chat up in here. It's not as fun without you guys. Maybe I could drum up a bit of activity with something fun. Not super serious, but maybe a dumb little "contest" where people can vote for stuff like "favorite underused move" or "flashiest AT" or "best color." People don't like to work, so if I disguise the work as a fun activity, maybe ya'll will come out of hiding.

In non-snake related news. Kid Icarus: Uprising. Getting it? I'm deifnitely ****ing getting it as soon as money allows.

I'm waiting until a newer better 3DS comes out. In the past like 3 generations of portables by Nintendo, they make newer ones for the same price as the bulky ones. Gameboy in black and white, then got color. GBA without back-lit screen, then got a back-lit screen. Nintendo DS was huge, then the lite version came out.

The 3DS will likely have some sort of fault and they will figure out how to fix it and make it better. Besides, I still think there are no games worth getting. The Fire Emblem: Awakening coming out in Europe is about the only game I would consider getting. If it does not release in the US, then I'm importing both games somehow.

I say play all the smash games and you'll get an interest back in smash. Brawl has been getting boring with no one who explicitly beats me on a routine basis to figure out what I am doing wrong. All I have is melee at the moment.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got one of those zelda 3DS's on black friday, so I gotta make use of it, lol.

I really wish I knew more people that played 64. It's so ridiculously fun.

Underload

Lazy
Phew

Only took them seven months to boot me. Had to tell them I hadn't been moderating. Feels good, man. Hey Xeylode, are you a good mod? Want another assignment? :3

Zaj, I'll start attending fests and tourneys if we can pick Snake back up together.

@UL: Were you trying to boot yourself on purpose and that's why you never showed up here for weeks on end? I got my mod position only a few days ago. Pick up Snake again, starting winning tournaments. Let the money fly.

@Zajice: I take it you both did some sort of contest in the past?

Also, if some sort of Snake revival action is in place is about to happen, what about snake awards? Spam up a list of new categories and vote away. I suppose MU could be tackled again, but I feel it would go down the drain. Usually does on every forum.

Underload

Lazy
No, there was no need to wait weeks just to get an excuse to boot myself -- I could've stepped down at any time. I just neglected my work for such a long time that it became apparent to me that the board should have somebody more dedicated.

Well, all I'll say on the topic is that if you want it, go PM an admin expressing interest. Use me as a reference if you want. Smashboards isn't a bureaucracy, you don't need to file papers or something. Just ask.

@Zaj: Deal.

I was not around when it happened, but I was told by like 3-4 people SuSa posted explicit material in blog and that's pretty much an auto-ban.

The irony is that shortly after you stepped down UL, you have started posting again.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Sad. Susa was good for these boards.

Anyone who makes contributions is appreciated lol

Someone inspire to start practicing again...

:phone:

I think it would a waste of time. Countless times character boards attempt a revival of match-ups it ends up being a dump.

I see match-up discussion as an opportunity to actually figure out ways at how to win the match-up. Consider specifically what you might do and perhaps evaluate stages to try out. But in the end, all we ever get is the same repeating stuff. "X character beats N character due to Y, Z, B reasons", "camp nades, space ftilt, kill with Utilt". "Snake can't approach olimar, 65:35 olimar". I do not think anyone ever learns anything from something like that.

Even so, I'm up to giving the MU discussion a revival. Always hopeful I'll learn something from it.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah I found out at a tournament recently that those kind of mu discussions have kind of hurt me, because I never actually knew what my opponent was looking for when I played against them. T_T

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
So I'm willing to do some MU stuff if you guys want.

Of course if you think someone else would be better, I'd do my best to contribute either way

Yeah I found out at a tournament recently that those kind of mu discussions have kind of hurt me, because I never actually knew what my opponent was looking for when I played against them. T_T
What do you mean by this?

Okuser

Smash Ace
The little match up tips/tricks are very helpful to me because there are a lot of matchups I don't know anything about.

and speaking of matchups, I'm having trouble with falco. It feels like I can't throw nades/approach with nades because they'll either be blown up by the lasers or he'll use his reflector and bounce them back, and when I try to approach by crawling if I finally manage to catch him and he doesn't phantasm away I just get chain grabbed because the appraoch was so obvious, and then when I get chaingrabbed I literally have to use 2-3 c4's on myself to get back to the stage so I don't get Dair spiked by falco after he dairs me after the cg, and his jab is ****ing obnoxious.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I was playing against a Marth and he told me about how he knew that Snake would look to punish his landing with dash attack, so he would do a full hop fair and as he was falling he would nair knowing I was wanting to punish his landing.

EDIT:For that whole Falco reflecting grenades thing. You can just short hop throw them, and then grenade strip them when they get over them. They can jump up and reflect it, but that also gives you time to approach. =D

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pretty much every character has a discussion on us. I find it helps more to look at their discussions than look through ours. Then just make inferences on what you have to do based on what they say they have to do to beat Snake.

if I pull a nade and shorthop I'm going to eat like 10,000 ****ing lasers, I don't see it being done.
lol'd

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
First make sure your powershielding is good, you should be able to PS pretty much all of the lasers.

If you pull a nade, you'll probably have to eat a laser, but after you get it out, you can pick it up and throw it immediately after you PS a laser.

You don't really need to SH, but depending on where you are, SH could help it go over the reflector.

If he starts reflecting them, then you have a chance to pull more nades or to get closer, and then it becomes a prediction game.

I think

Top Bottom