• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i think Elly Tran Ha's and friends is better

especially because im here :O

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I would post this in Q&A but yall go here more.

So.

What are some ways you like to setup on people? Ways you like to force reactions(so you can take note of them and use them later)? Ways you like to create walls? Any frametraps or things of that nature? Any things you do that a random opponent you haven't played b4 would be caught off guard by?

I'll post mine a bit later :)

Yung Mei

I wish all of Viet Nam chicks were that hot. She's just an anomaly... a very hot anomaly.

Also, anyone know if all the Touhou games are linked story wise or are they all separate stories from one another.
every games storyline is its own story line afaik

Yung Mei

i can barely do it myself LOL, i usually try and use it when opponents are running after me

THEYLL NEVER SEE IT COMING

ON A RELATED NOTE

> The Big Lebowsky is set in the same universe as Fosters
> Mandy has a brief cameo in a Fosters episode
> The Scooby Doo gang cameoed once in a Billy and Mandy episode
> Scooby Doo crossed over with Batman
> Batman and Captain America fought in the Algamation comics
> Cap is in Marvel vs Capcom 3 with Ryu
> Ryu is in Street Fighter x Tekken
> Lars from Tekken 6 is a playable char in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
> Naruto is in Jump Ultimate Stars
> Ergo, The Big Lebowsky is in the same universe as One Piece
> Your face when The Dude becomes the ninth Straw Hat, with the power of the Bowl-Bowl Fruit

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Oh and C4 grounded b-versal to upsmash! Think of the possibilities!

Nah, your just imitating Chase. Smash64 players established that fun game long before anyone else got to it.

What are some ways you like to setup on people?
Ways you like to force reactions? Ways you like to create walls? Any frametraps or things of that nature? Any things you do that a random opponent you haven't played b4 would be caught off guard by?
No idea what I do. I honestly just try to space **** and mix it up. It's like, oh I have been getting off the ledge with stand for the last 2 times, I'll try roll now. Or I have been approaching with shield for a while, I'll probably try spotdodging now. I have space to use some nades, I should probably do that. Etc. That's how brawl feels like now. Instead of doing the safe stuff, mix-ups are far more important at most levels until you meet someone with a godly ability to react to everything that you have to play incredibly safe.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Well until a snake learns to be proactive and force reactions imo he's not as good.

Come on ppl give me some more answers :(

:laugh:

Infern,Tech chase, Razor :p

*sigh* guess i'll have to study some old vids.

Simplest one you need. Chuck a nade near someone and watch them squirm near the grenade. If they pick it up and try throwing it, you can usually try attack them before they do it. If they shield, you can grab. Pretty much if they do anything near an uncooked grenade they can be punished in some way. Otherwise, in 3 seconds a grenade is going to explode if they don't do something.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Simplest one you need. Chuck a nade near someone and watch them squirm near the grenade. If they pick it up and try throwing it, you can usually try attack them before they do it. If they shield, you can grab. Pretty much if they do anything near an uncooked grenade they can be punished in some way. Otherwise, in 3 seconds a grenade is going to explode if they don't do something.
A player of any decent skill level will just jump around the nade with ease (assuming it's not someone with ****ty mobility)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
patterned walls dont work for very long. best thing that you can learn is how to make it up as you go. i personally feel that linking nades is the best way to catch them off guard; make sure you practice your timing.

the one thing that ALWAYS works on people the first time:

nade throw --> dacus --> pick up nade --> throw

guaranteed to work once and only once lol

A player of any decent skill level will just jump around the nade with ease (assuming it's not someone with ****ty mobility)
Chuck, toss, drop. Either is what I meant. It doesn't matter if someone moves around the nade, the point is their movements are influenced by the grenade. Whether it's from simply moving out of the way, jumping to a platform, shielding, spotdodging, or picking it up, a person does something because of it. And snake can have an advantage from that either by gaining stage positioning or forcing a movement towards him and his ridiculous ground game or aerial wall. Even better, you find out how people deal with grenades and can try abusing habits based on that.

Answering Kuro was my intent. Nades are basic, yet still the most powerful tool for doing pretty much everything he asked about. Anything more beyond that is in part to what Attila
the Hun
has already said and other stuff.

But to get into specifics I suppose for the fun of it, I have always loved edgehogging and forcing someone's recovery onto a mine/c4 near the ledge. Even better, detonate the mine with your own body as you get up to hit them.

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
patterned walls dont work for very long. best thing that you can learn is how to make it up as you go. i personally feel that linking nades is the best way to catch them off guard; make sure you practice your timing.

the one thing that ALWAYS works on people the first time:

nade throw --> dacus --> pick up nade --> throw

guaranteed to work once and only once lol
this message is approved

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So I have been receiving training from the #3 player in our state (Snake main who is better than Infern on all levels..including swag :yeahboi:) and my Snake shall be ready to make its glorious return to SIIS. I have a training tournament up before that though so I'll be planning on using him more there as well.

Btw Infern, Sparta Kick will be SIIS6 (and we're going to destroy doubles). You get to see why I hype this kid so much.

:yeahboi:

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
The fact that u use :yeahboi: after u hype him over me speaks to me that you know your statements are false, therefore...

afk/getting *****es :glasses:

ZTD | TECHnology

I will never risk more than 5 Dollars in a MM. Its a video game lol.

SK may take you up on it. Maybe. He think the ditto is *** though.

:phone:

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
The fact that u use :yeahboi: after u hype him over me speaks to me that you know your statements are false, therefore...

afk/getting *****es :glasses:
I hate searching my own name.

ON ANOTHER NOTE, Tech_chase you may be getting trained by the 3rd best player of nowheresland but I'm getting that hard practice by ALL the good players in ECCCC

Nic64

Smash Lord
I've been hearing a lot of hype for skyrim and wanna play one of the other elder scrolls games before that comes out, oblivion or morrowind? from everything I've heard I think I'd probably enjoy morrowind more but I wanted some more opinions, just got a new computer so I'm busy downloading a ton of other **** for the time being anyway

ZTD | TECHnology

You know in all honesty, I know more Snakes that hate the ditto than actually like it. That's just my own personal experience though...now I'm curious. What does everyone else think about the ditto? I personally LOVE it. One my favorite MUs in the game.

Yung Mei

yeah, i think snake dittos suck LOL

favorite ditto is Falcon/Ganon dittos :V

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I don't like snake dittos. I'm good at them. I just feel like it involves so little brains. Nowhere near as much as some mu. It's like all tech skill based. And who gets who offstage first.

My favorite dittos...

mmmm

I'd have to say...pittos. That or mk ditto is fun as well :)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
You wouldn't understand unless your a pit main. Pittos are so fun. It's one of the few mu where you can just go super aggro and it work every time. It's like a fight of spacing, who can string moves better, and approaching <3 And i like mk dittos cuz whoever is smarter usually wins. That or whoever is best at landing SL :reverse:

Nic64

Smash Lord
snake dittos are the worst ditto of any character I've ever played much, ****ing stupid *** MU

I enjoy the ditto and fighting against Snake overall.

I mean, I approach, the others try to shut down the approach. It's fun.

Top Bottom