• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i couldnt find any patchouli pics i could use (or resize) so for now, im Cirno/Yuyuko :O

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
tbh false i don't think that video describes the mu well. you're outplaying way to much lol

love your edgeguards, so many mixups, will definitely scare them from getting onstage.

i will say you need to work on your di and momentum cancel choices; first match first stock, even with that di, if you did the airdodge --> jump --> airdodge instead of uair, you would've definitely survived.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
ah yeah I still need work on DI.. I am still improving though. Input greatly appreciated shmot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZZ426FZJ1U&feature=related (set against Will)

I know that I posted this already in the video critique but no one goes there anymore. >_> besides my DI, can anyone give me any tips against this stupid monkey? I feel a little intimidated when playing DKs.

Attila_

BRoomer
not just the DI, but actual momentum cancelling can be easily improved. more airdodge --> jump --> airdodge for horizontal survivability. this is actually incredibly useful, and allows you survive even if you stuff your di up.

i really have no dk experience, so it's hard to comment. i will make some general comments after i finsh the LARGEST ASSIGNMENT I WILL EVER SUBMIT.

its due in 4 hours. ergh.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
uh oh, no pressure. o_O I think you might wanna get off swf if it's due in 4 hours, lol. what is it on anyways?

also yeah I do air dodge to momentum cancel, I just panicked because as free as it sounds I usually don't react fast enough to whether I am in the horizontal or vertical blast zone so I just choose randomly whether to air dodge or uair.

Attila_

BRoomer
pretty sure you cant momentum cancel for 20 something frames, and you cant buffer it.

slow down, react to your direction, and live forever :D

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
sure, just send the replays
Mmk i'll try to send em by sunday and if i'm not able def. by monday. And then u can do em when u find time.
ah yeah I still need work on DI.. I am still improving though. Input greatly appreciated shmot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZZ426FZJ1U&feature=related (set against Will)

I know that I posted this already in the video critique but no one goes there anymore. >_> besides my DI, can anyone give me any tips against this stupid monkey? I feel a little intimidated when playing DKs.
/willgettothis
uh oh, no pressure. o_O I think you might wanna get off swf if it's due in 4 hours, lol. what is it on anyways?

also yeah I do air dodge to momentum cancel, I just panicked because as free as it sounds I usually don't react fast enough to whether I am in the horizontal or vertical blast zone so I just choose randomly whether to air dodge or uair.
pretty sure you cant momentum cancel for 20 something frames, and you cant buffer it.

slow down, react to your direction, and live forever :D
Hmmm how specific is the difference between when you should AD-->jump--->AD or upair?

Attila_

BRoomer
Not even close. Airdodge ends quicker, jump helps stop momentum, and you can't die during your second airdodge.

Makes a massive difference.

Uair is better vertically cause you can fastfall sooner, but is way worse horizontally.

You often it looks like you'll die but the second airdodge saves you...

:phone:

Attila_

BRoomer
/QUOTE]

All finished!

It was a systematic review of the effects of eccentric exercise compared to other treatments for Achilles tendinopathy.

Basically 13000 words of research and stats. Terrible terrible.

-Ran

Smash Master
Vs Dk.
- Jab [Faster than all his options except shield.] This leads to the ability to gain a ton of grabs vs Dk.
- Jab can usually link to Up tilt at higher percents, especially if you eat his air dodge landing.
- If DK is running at you, pull out a grenade. You're eliminated all of his options except shield/grab or aborting the approach. Grenade to pivot grab is pretty mean since it reduces his ability to do much of anything.
- Up tilt generously at mid/low percents vs DK. You can usually get two or three together, or one to an up air. DK is weak in his front and bottom quadrants.
- Due to the above, Auto canceled up airs can be fun.
- Ducking against Dk is actually very effective against his aerial approach.
- Due to his bulk, Dk has a hard time handling grenades.
- BF is probably his best stage in this match up, outside of Yoshi's. I would also avoid going to Smashville, since the platform gives him extra recovery options and the ability to chase you further during recovery. In starters, I would aim for PS1, Lylat [Angles mess with auto cancels, and prevent them from chasing you off stage due to fear of the stage slanting], Castle Siege [Heavy grenade camp the start], or FD.
- Vertical grenades are a great way to limit his options.

I'm used to playing Dks that will utilize Tilts/grabs more in order to dish out damage at low/mid percents against Snake. They have a lot of high success strings that they can utilize to yield quick damage off grabs. Later, they use their grabs to throw Snake off the level with a back throw to attempt to mount damage with bair or uair. There are some pretty mean shield break tricks they can do with their aerial down-b. If you shield two bairs, or a grenade+bair, you are in danger of a shield break.

Another couple of minor things. Apparently you can hold up against DK's cargo carry (maybe even his regular throw) and it will get you out just as fast as if you had been mashing buttons.

Cargo carry -> jump -> utoss is good. Mash out and don't let them do that.

Attila_

BRoomer
he came third. lost to an mk in wsf and lf.

my matches with the same player were close, but i came out on top.

despite being completely out of practice, i introduced some of kurobi's camping game into my own, and he had quite a few issues with it.

Attila_

BRoomer
Also, everyone needs to usmash oos more against crossups.

It's actually incredible.

10 frames oos, punishes things we can't normally punish, and often frame traps into an uair, dependent on di.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Also, everyone needs to usmash oos more against crossups.

It's actually incredible.

10 frames oos, punishes things we can't normally punish, and often frame traps into an uair, dependent on di.

I've been trying to implement this! Have to keep reminding myself because I forget about it as an option.

It's worse than 10 frames. Unless you do buffering, you'll get the usmash out earliest at frame 12. 1 frame to start a jump (canceling the shield), and the next frame usmash comes out in 11 frames (canceling the jump).

But that hitbox is ****ing huge! I never really thought how good this could be over something like drop shield ftilt.

Attila_

BRoomer
covers the crossup.

all of our other options only cover one side. and this provides a defence against shield grabs, since they have to dodge the mortar.

and if they get hit upwards, they will often get trapped into an uair/mortar/both.

I forget which character it was, I think it was DDD, but I remember the mortar getting destroyed by some character's pummel attack. I don't get why that attack seems to get beaten out by a lot of things.

Top Bottom