• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I usually only ever respond to posts that interest me.

Somewhat often, some like to post about things in relation to Japanese material/culture I become almost insta-disinterested (for example, a lot of what's being talked about now lol). It's because I'm not into manga/anime/other Japanese things, the furthest I've ever been interested in things like that are when Toonami was on (DBZ, Sailor Moon, Zoids, Tenchi Muyo)

I'm sure you'll remember.
You changed it, so I don't need to remember.

Do what I do - bring up a ****ing random subject and wait for people to respond. Also, I'll hold a conversation about things I don't like - so long as I know what I'm ****ing talking about to a degree large enough to discuss it.

I hate talking about dimensions, but I had a very fun talk with a physicist the other day.

Want two scientifical questions? :3 No cheating with Google.

1) You should know about 1, 2, and 3D objects. But does something exist with 0 dimensions?

2) Do you see in 2D or 3D?

I don't wanna be mainstream. That ****'s corrupting. And there are alot of good artists out there that are signed to a good labels that do what I try to do.
There are good artists that are signed.
There are great artists who are not signed.

People who get signed are people the company thinks can sell to the masses. In other words - produce them good revenue.

Underground art ftw. <3

oh ****, susa has become a melee fantard.
my hope for humanity is all gone.
Yes, because Brawl is capable of theorycrafting. And having it proven true.

Nearly a year-long break, with playing Brawl with my cousin really brought back memories. And shows me that I still can't ****ing waveshine with how much practice I've put into it. ='| actually took skill with the hands, not just the brain.

@-nappy
Since when were you allowed to think? I may not have the red name - but this is still a dictatorship! >:O

I can agree with people when it comes to brawl or melee. Melee certainly is more interesting to watch than brawl at most times, but I find playing both of them enjoyable to PLAY. Brawl loses favor with myself when I consider tournament time. People will start playing gay the moment they have the stock lead and it is hard as snake in my opinion to counter that stuff. My ideology is that if I can get the stock lead and keep it, my opponent really has no reason to plank and I have no need to fall for it.

Now, my qualms with melee are having to relearn an entire new way of playing. Really, it is new to me when the speed is increased, I have no idea how far true combos go, nor do I even have the built in reflexs yet to start melee. There are probably so many things I could do that I am just not aware of yet.

I am thinking of learning japanese through the school, but not now. I need to figure out my work load for the time being.

Techno is where it is at.

Why do you not like anime/manga, etc. The artwork is superb and the stories are not half bad either if you get the ones you are interested in. YOu should start an ecchi thread SuSa :laugh: Right here on snake threads lol That woudl be so much lulz.

SuSa

I DONT LIKE YOUR TEXT COLOR

you play melee over brawl D: <
CALL THE WAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE.

It's been this color forever.

Actually, I haven't touched either since AX. Before AX I had been playing Melee over Brawl due to no WiFi, and Palmdale Crew never bothering to contact me for jack **** to see if I'd like to go - and CPU getting his number changed and me never getting that fixed.

Bam was my link to the smash community, gave me rides when needed and always would come over and smash. We'd go hang with Dao, Paper, and Nismo and hold our own little smashfests til stupidly late at night - then head to a tourney after a few hours of sleep.

Until I get a liscence, I have no link to the smash community - therefore no means to play Brawl, since I still can't do WiFi.

So until I can drive myself around and play Smash with peeps again, Melee has brainwashed me get over it.

Tl;dr
Melee has Mewtwo. Auto-win.

I was always Melee>Brawl but I never really spoke about it. This is a Brawl board, it causes flame wars, and I was a mod. Now I'm not a mod.

EDIT:
@Velox
I love all forms of music, techno often lacks lyrics. =P

Japanese through school will be very hard - even taking courses you should dedicate free time. Tae Kim's grammar guide is amazing for grammar, Smart.fm is amazing for memorizing kanji/kana/vocab. I learned Hirigana in roughly 3 days and have had it memorized since.. works amazingly.

Not everyone likes anime/manga, same hate the art style - others hate the masses of weeaboos; more hate it because they think all anime/manga is like Naruto/Bleach and is 460 episodes long with 449 filler episodes that mean jack **** to the real story. They also think Toonami encompasses all that is anime. They either truly just don't like the style - or they're just biased as hell against it. Sadly, it's hard to ever tell which it is.

Snake is manly, he can look at ecchi if he likes. - Not sure on the forum specific rules anymore; but I do know the laws about how far things are allowed to go and rules for Google Adsense and such regarding it. :3 Yeaay for being informed by a forum host.

Currently have this hanging in my room:

That's about as far as my mom will let me go though, considering I have 3 sisters under the age of 10. =P

Mom won't let me put this on:

Tl;dr
Melee has Mewtwo. Auto-win.

I was always Melee>Brawl but I never really spoke about it. This is a Brawl board, it causes flame wars, and I was a mod. Now I'm not a mod.

This is a social thread, you are no longer mod, melee away. I am using Marth now, and jiggs for teams. I like characters with broken range >:0 Marth's grab range is like DDD. And jiggs simply got the broken Bair.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
You changed it, so I don't need to remember.
Oh yeah, sorry about that, I already forgot that I went back and edited that post.

Do what I do - bring up a ****ing random subject and wait for people to respond. Also, I'll hold a conversation about things I don't like - so long as I know what I'm ****ing talking about to a degree large enough to discuss it.
I could try that. Too bad discussion about "the green" isn't allowed.

I hate talking about dimensions, but I had a very fun talk with a physicist the other day.

Want two scientifical questions? :3 No cheating with Google.

1) You should know about 1, 2, and 3D objects. But does something exist with 0 dimensions?

2) Do you see in 2D or 3D?
1)Oh god, I'll go out on a limb and say that something does exist with 0 dimensions.
2)I'll guess again and say, 3D

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i know melee is better than brawl (from a competitive standpoint at least, because brawl is still more fun imo) but i just don't like the people who talk about it every chance they get and insult brawl and it's community "just because".

@SUSA:

I am not big on music, so I think I might listen to remixs more. But, I call them techno, but yeah. Unless it has words to it, I do not like it much either. I could list a few examples and you tell me what it is.

Snake's only interest in life.

Edit: All of this edits are hard to keep up with. That image is funny susa, I do not know why.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I actually main Zelda now, me and DarkShadow ****ING ***** with our Zelda/Samus team, I swear you've seen nuthin liek it.

napZzz

Smash Hero
higurashi was a masterpiece, definitely in my top 3

call me generic but i'm pretty sure ippo/one piece are tied for my fave...hahaha. Or maybe ef-a tale of memories. I really enjoyed that too

Ecchi != Hentai

Elfen Lied was amazing, and is easily my #1 most loved anime ever.

Angel Beats! comes in 2nd.

3rd is actually a tie between Higurashi no Naku koro ni and Highschool of the Dead right now.
=/= you mean. Completely different.

High School of the Dead is awesome, if it would be released in regular intervels online. Manga I am referring too.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Why do you not like anime/manga, etc. The artwork is superb and the stories are not half bad either if you get the ones you are interested in.

Not everyone likes anime/manga, same hate the art style - others hate the masses of weeaboos; more hate it because they think all anime/manga is like Naruto/Bleach and is 460 episodes long with 449 filler episodes that mean jack **** to the real story. They also think Toonami encompasses all that is anime. They either truly just don't like the style - or they're just biased as hell against it. Sadly, it's hard to ever tell which it is.
For me, it's the style, it's just not interesting to me at all. Somewhat on the subject of Mewtwo, TAJ recently recommended I watch/read One Piece, I may do that, but idk.

AZ has many weeaboos so i hear lot's of discussion on manga/anime so I know that there is soooooooo much more than what was ever shown on Toonami. Filler doesn't bother me, DBZ has all kinds of filler. 2 or 3 episodes of Goku charging a spirit bomb that Frieza never notices and then just ends up dodging it anyway, awesome filler.

SuSa

higurashi was a masterpiece, definitely in my top 3

call me generic but i'm pretty sure ippo/one piece are tied for my fave...hahaha. Or maybe ef-a tale of memories. I really enjoyed that too

One Piece started amazing. Went to **** for a while, then picked back up on amazing - and then I left because I forgot what episode I was on and cba rewatching it.

EF is great, and agree about Higurashi.... such a wonderful work.

Also I'm being unbiased in my favorites.. I keep two lists. :laugh: but ones for Ecchi alone...

I'm cosplaying as Yukito from Air (TV) next year for AX. Going to be fun dying my hair silver with the easiest outfit ever. :laugh: Going to see what I can do about his puppet.

napZzz

Smash Hero
it had some ups and downs, the sky island arc was a whole mess, and its not that it hasn't been bad lately its been fairly good, but they've gone overboard on filler...and just being slow. I'm just reading the manga right now and letting the anime build up so I can just watch the whole section of **** thats going on right now later so I dont have to bother waiting for the next **** or dealing with how slow it is lol it'll be fine if I can watch it in bulk though

you haven't read/watched hajime no ippo?

SuSa

=/= you mean. Completely different.

High School of the Dead is awesome, if it would be released in regular intervels online. Manga I am referring too.
!= is correct... so would =/=, I just prefer !=

HOTD is awesome, and at first I disregarded it because it sounded lame. My cousin watched it, said it was epic - I watched it and agreed. Previously we had not heard of it... last time I EVER disregard an anime because it's summary was bad... then again - I should have figured that out once I saw Gantz being horrible represented in it's little ad in my Higurashi collection.... seriously - Gantz looks like crap in its ad.

For me, it's the style, it's just not interesting to me at all. Somewhat on the subject of Mewtwo, TAJ recently recommended I watch/read One Piece, I may do that, but idk.

AZ has many weeaboos so i hear lot's of discussion on manga/anime so I know that there is soooooooo much more than what was ever shown on Toonami. Filler doesn't bother me, DBZ has all kinds of filler. 2 or 3 episodes of Goku charging a spirit bomb that Frieza never notices and then just ends up dodging it anyway, awesome filler.
Weeaboos are horrible people to hear information from. Also there are so many varying forms of style for anime/manga that it's actually insane. You can get into more realistic forms such as Gantz, or as cartoony as Lucky Star. I've managed to find animes that even the most anime-hating people I've met have managed to like. But I don't force it on them, it turns into me betting I can fnd one they'd like if they give each of my suggestions 2 episodes, and I get 5 suggestions.

australian national feat. m2k is on this weekend. wish me luck.
Good luck.

EDIT:
it had some ups and downs, the sky island arc was a whole mess, and its not that it hasn't been bad lately its been fairly good, but they've gone overboard on filler...and just being slow. I'm just reading the manga right now and letting the anime build up so I can just watch the whole section of **** thats going on right now later so I dont have to bother waiting for the next **** or dealing with how slow it is lol it'll be fine if I can watch it in bulk though

you haven't read/watched hajime no ippo?
Nope.

This is also coming from the person who took over 2 years to discover who Haruhi was. <_<'' I don't really follow mainstream/known animes - I stumble upon them after they are ancient news. Or I find them before anyone has heard of them.... :s

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Clannad and Toradora are mad awesome, so is Code Geass, Kaichou wa Maid-Sama is like the most recent awesome anime. Highschool of the Dead was not original at all, it just copied the manga with a slight variation. It's unique but def not one of the best, kinda like School Days =P.

And Velox, we didn't play on my wii last smashfest, and DarkShadow is skipping out on this one, so maybe next week?

SuSa

Clannad and Toradora are mad awesome, so is Code Geass, Kaichou wa Maid-Sama is like the most recent awesome anime. Highschool of the Dead was not original at all, it just copied the manga with a slight variation. It's unique but def not one of the best, kinda like School Days =P.

And Velox, we didn't play on my wii last smashfest, and DarkShadow is skipping out on this one, so maybe next week?
I prefer animes that stick close to the manga. It means I don't have to go read the manga like I did for Elfen Lied. (Which actually made me cry. This is one anime I wish I didn't read the manga for)

Clannad I started episode 1 and got sidetracked - forget by what. I should go watch it soon.

Toradora! was awesome and I have a Taiga drawing my cousin did for me somewhere... I also hated that my favorite voice actor was the voice of Amy who is a total *****...

Code Geass was mad awesome - until it hit the point where it had 9000000000 fantards and became overly popular with everyone. Although C.C is still awesome so remains my avatar since I cba changing it to Rena Ryuugu.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention I'm overly honest. I don't give a **** what people think or judge about me. I cried reading a manga, but I didn't cry at my uncle's funeral. Boo ****ing who.

napZzz

Smash Hero
man I was on toradora before that **** got somewhat mainstream. lol first anime I watched start to end was actually lucky star....:S

Yes, but you have had the chance to play brawl with others who probably care about it competitively. The only brawl I have played here has not been very challenging yet. I pretty much beat everyone I play against in singles. So, it's a bit sad still that I cannot play against anyone who actually beats me consistently. Which is really funny how people say the first tournament you get ***** at. It is more likely that the first brawl tournament hosted here, the opposite happens.

Nappy, I swear to god, I will get into a MN tourney/smashfest either this winter break, or next summer.

Edit: lul at susa's crying. I cried to the ending of OHSHC.

SuSa

man I was on toradora before that **** got somewhat mainstream. lol first anime I watched start to end was actually lucky star....:S
I only found Toradora by accident. I found it when it was mainstream and had no idea it was mainstream.

Me and my cousin just stick with what we like...which is pretty much anything in the genre of Ecchi that has a tolerable storyline. Things as mild as Love Hina to as perverted as Girls Bravo/Dears.

I like Ecchi for probably all the "wrong reasons". The cute girls are just a bonus. :p :laugh:

(Usually the girls are the reason...guess me and my cousin are the ecchi outcasts? lol)

napZzz

Smash Hero
lol we're going to st. louis, Missouri this saturday for a big tourney, hot dickings 2. Its gonna be hella fun, and i'm tearin that **** up =P you hoes better find the stream and watch to see if I make my way up through this and **** **** mwahhahaa

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Thats why you should have came to a school in Boston, cuz you could be playing Fatal tommorow like I could but wouldnt =D

THREAD TITLE IS LEGIT@!!

lol we're going to st. louis, Missouri this saturday for a big tourney, hot dickings 2. Its gonna be hella fun, and i'm tearin that **** up =P you hoes better find the stream and watch to see if I make my way up through this and **** **** mwahhahaa
Until MN's mystery best player comes out of state and beats everyone instead. :laugh:

Yes, control F does, however, control F on the newer windows or internet explorer options does not work wonders when open a thousand page game guide. It takes forever to search since it does it the moment you start typing in a letter. I do not want to imagine how many results there are for the letter e.

This is what I am talking about since you left. I would post to pretty much everything, people left, and no one came back to post. I sort of gave up on the boards after while that we might reinact the late night fests. But, now I have have hope again. At least for tonight. I do not use snake anymore >_>

Total Posts: 18,595
Zajice 1,246
Underload 1,215
-NaPPy 1,054
etecoon 1,027
SuSa 927
Yumewomiteru 900
berserker01 854
Black_Heretic 752
Xeylode 689
Darkshadow7827 625
__crystal____ 571
IxxI 544
Eternal Yoshi 410
Sinz_128 394
Tennet 369
6Mizu 359
nevershootme 341
xLeafybug =D 332
Ken Neth 316
Turazrok 303
ErikG 269
TommyDerMeister 229
Infern Angelis 228
Today 224
jujitsutide 215
o-Serin-o 207
-Ran 205
TwentyTwo 180
RATED 168
Spelt 157
knuxrouge 154
Technical_Chase 144
SamuraiPanda 138
Terios the Hedgehog 130
Nic64 117

That is depressing. Both of my accounts combined equal more than anyone else's posting rates on this thread. That is sad, I'm going to bed before I try posting anymore or I end up being late for class due to excessive fourming.

SuSa

Total Posts: 18,595
Zajice 1,246
Underload 1,215
-NaPPy 1,054
etecoon 1,027
SuSa 927
Yumewomiteru 900
berserker01 854
Black_Heretic 752
Xeylode 689
Darkshadow7827 625
__crystal____ 571
IxxI 544
Eternal Yoshi 410
Sinz_128 394
Tennet 369
6Mizu 359
nevershootme 341
xLeafybug =D 332
Ken Neth 316
Turazrok 303
ErikG 269
TommyDerMeister 229
Infern Angelis 228
Today 224
jujitsutide 215
o-Serin-o 207
-Ran 205
TwentyTwo 180
RATED 168
Spelt 157
knuxrouge 154
Technical_Chase 144
SamuraiPanda 138
Terios the Hedgehog 130
Nic64 117

That is depressing. Both of my accounts combined equal more than anyone else's posting rates on this thread. That is sad, I'm going to bed before I try posting anymore or I end up being late for class due to excessive fourming.
[color="CEFG78"]Sadder still that I remain that high up after being inactive for the better part of a year.
[/color]

SuSa

I'm off to bed. If you have anything interesting to say to me - you better include an ecchi picture. =P

Night Snake boards. <3 See you tomorrow when I wake up.

EDIT:
Shiek and Peach boards.. now I remember. /random thought

Top Bottom