• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
he just came back now

I'd probably have a higher combined post total than xeylode but I been slacking lately since I don't play snake and all <_<

elfen lied was good but not sure where I'd rank it, been too long. angel beats was good but too sad, I kinda hate yume and shaya for recommending it ;-; though it is definitely top tier, just made me very depressed

haven't seen one piece...DBZ, naruto, and bleach taught me to stay away from anything that has a million episodes because 80% of it tends to be filler...

though I still keep up on naruto and bleach because I've already watched so much, no point not finishing them

holy **** at the amount of posts last night, hasn't been this way in a long time(since like, susa left lol)

DBZ, naruto, and bleach taught me to stay away from anything that has a million episodes because 80% of it tends to be filler...

holy **** at the amount of posts last night, hasn't been this way in a long time(since like, susa left lol)

I stopped watching pokemon I think around the 2nd season, I stopped naruto 6 episodes in, but it did look interesting.

Now, if only people would do this all the time of staying up late :D

SuSa

Banned via Administration
he just came back now

I'd probably have a higher combined post total than xeylode but I been slacking lately since I don't play snake and all <_<

elfen lied was good but not sure where I'd rank it, been too long. angel beats was good but too sad, I kinda hate yume and shaya for recommending it ;-; though it is definitely top tier, just made me very depressed

haven't seen one piece...DBZ, naruto, and bleach taught me to stay away from anything that has a million episodes because 80% of it tends to be filler...

though I still keep up on naruto and bleach because I've already watched so much, no point not finishing them

[color="CEFG78"]Angel Beats! was depressing but happy at the same time. :laugh: This sort of "bawwww.... but hey, they came to terms with their ****ty lives :3" sorta feeling.

Yui <3333333333333333333333333333333333333

If anything is 80% filler - read the manga. That way the filler eats up 5 minutes~ instead of 25~ :laugh:
[/COLOR]

SuSa

Pokemon has 95% filler LOL.

Also, a legit clone engine has begun development.
Huh?

Anyone else heard of the cyborg rat? :3

Angel Beats was amazing, and it was made much less sad if you guys bothered to watch the epilogue.
I did, although that's only a hint and by some isn't actually considered a "reality" but a world like that of Angel Beats! but a heaven rather than a purgatory.

Stillllllllll sad~

I feel sad. I am not able to enjoy the 2nd coming of SuSa that makes the revival of the Snake boards to deliever us from boredom and metagame collapse. I have classes in a bit.

Edit: You all did not see that mistake I put and anyone that did, forget what you saw.

SuSa

I feel sad. I am not able to enjoy the 2nd coming of SuSa that makes the revival of the Snake boards to deliever us from boredom and metagame collapse. I have classes in a bit.

Edit: You all did not see that mistake I put and anyone that did, forget what you saw.
I'm not a God. I was demoted of that title a long time ago. :laugh:

Although I am here to try and take you guys out of boredom, until people realize theres nothing special about me and stop holding conversations just because I'm around. :lick:

Seriously people, it scares me that I seem to have a popularity status. :laugh:

napZzz

Smash Hero
NEVER COMPARE DBZ NARUTO OR BLEACH TO ONE PIECE ETECOON OR ILL FIND WHERE YOU LIVE AND KILL YOUR FAMILY

asdf

I'm kinda upset that i'm 3rd for most posts here...lol. and its true....i'm pretty nocturnal :l

etecoon

Smash Hero
at one point you pretty much single handedly revived this board, shouldn't surprise you that people here like you lol

until people realize theres nothing special about me and stop holding conversations just because I'm around
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L33CLNWXTdg#t=3m12s

loooolz nappy, sorry but you know that without having seen it all I see is another shonen anime that's going to end up having like half a thousand episodes

SuSa

NEVER COMPARE DBZ NARUTO OR BLEACH TO ONE PIECE ETECOON OR ILL FIND WHERE YOU LIVE AND KILL YOUR FAMILY

asdf

I'm kinda upset that i'm 3rd for most posts here...lol. and its true....i'm pretty nocturnal :l
No anime should ever be compared unless it's being compared to a work created by the same studio, or contains much the same ideas or base storyline as another anime.

Because then you're comparing apples with oranges. :laugh:

EDIT:
at one point you pretty much single handedly revived this board, shouldn't surprise you that people here like you lol
:shrug: All in a few months work? Back then I was a Brawl noob looking to improve. I wanted to main Snake because he was 2nd on the tier list and MK bored me. I love characters who can control the field (which is why I started with Diddy before I learned how awesome Snake was)

There's this awesome shooter game for the PSN I need to find. Was playing it at AX, and omfg it's epic win.

Also that video made me laugh, if I could change my title to "I'm no hero" I totally would. XD

etecoon

Smash Hero
you can actually change your title(and name) and you get a green name for a while if you give them like $4 IIRC now

MK used to bore me more too but I've found I like and do better with characters like that that control space with their own hitboxes and mobility or simpler projectiles. if MK ever gets banned I've already established that my marth is significantly better than my snake now in spite of not training it nearly as much :/

SuSa

I did with Brawl what I did with Melee. I could pretty much play every character at a competitive level - then matchups (Fox vs Pikachu), a characters complete inability (The bottom 10 characters....), and my slight variation in skills with characters would change (My Yoshi sucks).

My Shiek, so I've been told, makes my Snake look like ****. O_o But I don't know many matchups that aren't just ftilt-->ftilt-->ftilt..repeat...repeat..repeat..repeat..repeat..usmash! :B

I'd love to main Shiek when I get back into the scene (assuming I do), with Snake as my secondary for impossible matchups... like ****ing Pikachu.

**** you Pikachu and that dthrow...=|

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think sheik is really underrated atm and she's one of my tertiary's I like a lot, she definitely does have a lot of good stuff going for her(great mobility, MK/snake esque dash attack that can create openings, true combo's and lots of frame traps, pretty good projectile)

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
1) Susa's back :D You remember me? I've improved so much since I started posting when you made this social thread.

2) Sorry Velox, but you won't able to see our **** Zelda/Samus team yet. I got a ceremony I can't skip out on. Lemme assure you this though, we were undefeatable as this team. Ultimate projectile spam and Zelda makes up for Samus' s****y killing power.

3) I listen to all kinds of music. It's just harding finding something I like since I add songs if I like them where I hear them. I usually don't go hunting for artists. Just by watching youtub vids I find new songs I like, such as "anima libera (original)," "My Lexicon" by Sander Kleinberg and other random stuff. The two I listed are random tehcno(?) songs. I dunno, there are a lot of names for synthetic type music, techno-rave-ambience-etc.

3) Angel Beats! is pretty awesome. I like TK cause he breaks like me. I also loved the what the f*** moments, like the guys with glasses rippin off and shirt and being all jacked. Highly unexpected.

4) Elfien Lied is pretty awesome too. The manga is so much different from the story line. I couldn't believe the direction they went in. I honestly hated Yuka. [spoilers] In the end, Kohta and Yuka have kids. Aren't they cousins or something?[/spoilers]

5) SuSa, you cosplayin as Yukito? Air is one of my favorite non-actiony animes. I got 3 diff versions of their soundtrack, but I only - ONLY listen to it during the Summer. Same with the anime; I rewatch it every year during the summer. It's like the cycle of trying to revive Kanna. Now the only thing you need to work on is being a marionette with using any strings haha.

6) D***, one day and I have to catch up on ~120 posts.

Edit: I wanna see how you draw. I also love to draw, hence my avy is a s****y unfinished sketch using a mouse...

SuSa

No such thing as good projectiles unless they are freely mobile or have very little to no lag allowing frame traps and such. Shiek's needles are a slight exception due to being many shot at once when charged. (Which is unique to her projectiles)

Looked at the current tier list, and I really do feel she is underrated, especially for how much higher Zelda/Shiek is. (Which doesn't make sense, since Zelda only really helps in like 4-5 matchups IMO and that's because Shiek has some unwinnable thing in the way like Pikachu's Dthrow)

True combos, frame traps, and an amazing followup and punish game. Only real issue is KO power, lightweight, and a rather bad recovery. She's obviously not top tier material, and hell - I'm not even sure if she should move up the tier list.. but she's not as bad as people think.

**** it people, stop making me talk about Brawl. You're making me want to hook up my wii and play as Shiek.

EDIT:

I remember you.

Elfen Lied pissed me off. PISSED me off when I read the manga. It was that bad compared to the anime.

Yah, I'm cosplaying as Yukito.... and using that marionette without strings will be impossible. I'm thinking of using two things of fishing line though - and have my mom sew me up a doll that kind of looks like the marionette. :3

I haven't drawn in 12 years.. I've never liked the way I drew and I've never really liked anything I've ever drawn. I finally found my major issue with it (I sketched lines, not drew them) and I DESPISE sketched lines. They make a work look horrible to me, so I shade, I can't shade worth **** - and I ruin the drawing further, I get annoyed and give up. That was my cycle for 12 years.

I also don't have a scanner or anything, and only a few sketches/drawings I've done to practice. :p If I showed you anything it would be cell-phone quality and the work is already pretty bad.... XD

etecoon

Smash Hero
my favorite WTF moment was when they quoted 300

I also like pretty much all kinds of music : ) I should do more youtube stalking lol, I listen to a ton of OCR and other game music/remixes

Underload

Lazy
A lot of Zelda's movement down probably has to do with her lack of representation in the scene. I honestly can't think of a single Zelda main.

Y'know, **** it. I think I'mma watch an anime or two. Any recommendations, SuSa / other people?

Also, going back to page 464 (40PPP ftw), SuSa, there's something funny that I just remembered. When you first left, in your final blog you posted a picture of yourself and your girlfriend. For about two months, the two of you were regarded as John Lennon and Yoko Ono, because Yoko Ono basically broke up the Snake boards. "I wonder if SuSa got shot by Zajice yet" was a little joke I remember using a few times. /random

Pleeeeease just post in the social about random bull**** once in a while, 'specially late at night. You're the best at keeping up conversation. Also, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVFpRQdOuQ0 (NEO on that rap ****)

etecoon

Smash Hero
riot is a really legit zelda player here but he rarely enters singles, he places highly in doubles constantly though

SuSa

A lot of Zelda's movement down probably has to do with her lack of representation in the scene. I honestly can't think of a single Zelda main.

Y'know, **** it. I think I'mma watch an anime or two. Any recommendations, SuSa / other people?

Also, going back to page 464 (40PPP ftw), SuSa, there's something funny that I just remembered. When you first left, in your final blog you posted a picture of yourself and your girlfriend. For about two months, the two of you were regarded as John Lennon and Yoko Ono, because Yoko Ono basically broke up the Snake boards. "I wonder if SuSa got shot by Zajice yet" was a little joke I remember using a few times. /random

Pleeeeease just post in the social about random bull**** once in a while, 'specially late at night. You're the best at keeping up conversation. Also, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVFpRQdOuQ0 (NEO on that rap ****)
Oh, I understand that. She's nowhere nearly as bad as she's represented on the tier list... but she's still bad. :laugh:

Uhm... have you seen Gantz? Rosario+Vampire? Shakugan no Shana? *goes and grabs my list of "wtf Japanese" titles*

Shin Koihime Musou, Seikon no Qwaser, Kanokon, Jungle de Ikou!, Goshusho-sama Ninomiya-kun, Demonbane...

I have like 50 more but I need to go check out my recent history and my anime planet.

Also thanks for telling me I was known as John Lennon. That made my entire month better. :laugh::laugh:

Don't worry, I plan to be around in the social thread at least. ^^;

OMFG I think I just found my new favorite rap song. :chuckle:

TKD ain't mad~... hahaha

etecoon

Smash Hero
oh, I recommend death note. only one of my top anime that hasn't been mentioned here recently so otherwise just look at what we were discussing lol

Underload

Lazy
I've always been an average tech chaser. I should probably go work on that someday.

Just to give more updates: A lot of people have finally figured out Snake's shenanigans, so there are actually people quitting Snake or just plain finally learning the matchup. So, subsequently, basic stuff like techchasing is getting harder and harder to do. Ally made a thread a few weeks ago saying he's quitting Snake, and I'm assuming he actually did it. Snake's really close to dropping out of 2nd position, actually. The latest tier list only has him ahead of Diddy by a fraction of a fraction.

SuSa

I've always been an average tech chaser. I should probably go work on that someday.

Just to give more updates: A lot of people have finally figured out Snake's shenanigans, so there are actually people quitting Snake or just plain finally learning the matchup. So, subsequently, basic stuff like techchasing is getting harder and harder to do. Ally made a thread a few weeks ago saying he's quitting Snake, and I'm assuming he actually did it. Snake's really close to dropping out of 2nd position, actually. The latest tier list only has him ahead of Diddy by a fraction of a fraction.
Snake has no shenanigans, he has two tilts and a whole lot of pineapples. People need to go back to the basics. :laugh:

Although there are people whom are finally figuring out their best options if dthrown by us. (G&W stands up and does up-B for example...) and people are starting to figure out our job/ftilt2 aren't as great as they seem.

Meh, sucks we lost Ally... :s

NOES :O NOT TEH DIDDY KONG

//doesn't give a rats *** for the tier list really.... I'm not saying it doesn't mean **** - as it should be obvious characters are better than others...

Why can't brawl be like BlazBlue? =\ Screw the tier list everyones broken!

Especially Nu.

Whom I secondary, with Noel as my main. :3

God**** I love BlazBlue...

napZzz

Smash Hero
the second coming of susa sparked a new interest in the snake boards

man, bleach and naruto are the animes for people who dont actually watch anime...a bunch of weaboo fgts who dont know what the real **** is

I feel the same way about death note too....its like a ****ty code geass

YOURE WATCHING HOTD THO SUSA thats like...the most popular fan service garbage you can find now on the market *doesn't want to admit he watches it ;_;*

SuSa

Bleach is decent if you take out the countless filler and end it before they go into this "yeah, we're all dead - but still going to fight to the death" bull**** that started happening.

Naruto was horrid... Shippuden was alright, I never got into it though because I found far superior anime relevant to my interest. :3

Death Note was better than Code Geass... And both had very drastically different conceptions if you cared to follow the storyline. Did Light losing his sanity (not his genius..his sanity) ever seem different than Lelouche keeping his and achieving what he wanted? Very different story. If you want a ****ty Code Geass look into Lost+Brain.... same **** but with hypnotizing people instead of Geass.... I wish I was kidding. =|

HOTD is not garbage, the story is amazingly well done as is the animation - yes its full of fan service. So what. The only reason why it's given a bad name is the 3,000,000 perverts who watch ecchi and stuff for the sole purpose of the fan service and if you asked them what the point of episode 11 was they wouldn't be able to tell you what was going on.

tl;dr Ecchi's are ruined by the number of mindless, testerone filled men who watch it for the fan service.

In fact, HOTD is probably one of the better Ecchi's out there with a storyline. I'd definately say the storyline is better than Rosario+Vampie; but I like how random R+V is. :s

napZzz

Smash Hero
i felt like they both took on an aspect of a more stragetical based storyline full of twists and turns and ****...and I dont really see a story in HOTD, just violence and characters people like because they portray any stereotype you've seen to date in anime for anyone to like

etecoon

Smash Hero
bleach would've been good if it had ended like 50-60 episodes in

the longer it goes on really the worse it gets. every character gets ruined eventually and it was better when it had storylines about dead people instead of trying to be DBZ with swords

SuSa

i felt like they both took on an aspect of a more stragetical based storyline full of twists and turns and ****...and I dont really see a story in HOTD, just violence and characters people like because they portray any stereotype you've seen to date in anime for anyone to like
Don't see the zombie apocalypse unfolding, the killing of a close friend, a rendevue with stereotypical 5 person groups whom fit into the standard 5 person group mould?

Law of Quitupular Aggultination

(from Daniel Mikula)

Also called "The Five-man Rule," when "Good Guys" group together, it tends to be in groups of five. There are five basic positions, which are:

The Hero/Leader - Check
His girlfriend - Check
His Best Friend/Rival - Killed off and replaced with Saeko
A Hulking Brute - He's a fatty instead.
A Dwarf/Kid - Yep, we have the 9 year old now.

Between these basic positions are distributed several attributes, which include:

Extreme Coolness
Amazing intelligence
Incredible Irritation
Of course HOTD is a group of 7 if you want to include the teacher and the kid as an addition to the group of 5... so it bends the rules and some aspects are shared.

But come on, that's just stereotypical anime at it's best. Code Geass follows a very similiar group pattern.

Lelouche - Leader
Kalin - Meh... can't fit this in.
C2 - GIrlfriend (Might as well ****ing be.. it's pretty much the role she fits...)
That one guy whom I forget his name because it's been so long who's Lelouche's Best Friend+Rival - Best Friend/Rival
That one useless ***** who's friends/brothers with Kalin (yea, it's been that long since I've watched Code Geass) - Brute (whos also useless)

bleach would've been good if it had ended like 50-60 episodes in

the longer it goes on really the worse it gets. every character gets ruined eventually and it was better when it had storylines about dead people instead of trying to be DBZ with swords
Agreed, and agreed. XD

EDIT:

share your thoughts on the following image:

napZzz

Smash Hero
the characters relate to the storyline, but they ARENT the storyline

aside from the character development and base for it look at whats revealed as to the storyline

-zombie outbreak happens
-you dont know why
-five man group assembles
-they leave together with no destination point in mind, I think just going to visit their families?
-side moments to enhance a characters background without relating to the actual storyline at hand

there isn't really a plot...its just them trying to survive in a random zombie outbreak

if anything, the lack of a storyline is just masked through fan service and violence, I guess I dont have a problem with that though, just not too fond of the fan service

SuSa

the characters relate to the storyline, but they ARENT the storyline

aside from the character development and base for it look at whats revealed as to the storyline

-zombie outbreak happens
-you dont know why
-five man group assembles
-they leave together with no destination point in mind, I think just going to visit their families?
-side moments to enhance a characters background without relating to the actual storyline at hand

there isn't really a plot...its just them trying to survive in a random zombie outbreak

if anything, the lack of a storyline is just masked through fan service and violence, I guess I dont have a problem with that though, just not too fond of the fan service

Storyline -

Zombie Outbreak Happens
You don't know why.
Group of friends team up.
Decide the best course of action, is to stupidly check up on their families.
Decide to visit closest families first.
Decide that protecting outsiders is stupid, and they should lock up their human emotions to help others in order to best survive.
Decide they are human and save a 9 year old girl.
Mommy and Daddy come in and save the group.
Japan gets EMP'd by government presumingly.
Group has decided to leave Mommy and Daddy and continue their search for the other families - which is still stupid.

As far as character development goes, however stereotypical - they're doing a good job.

What's so hard to follow? Since when has any zombie outbreak movie had a great, followable storyline? In fact - the entire story is bull**** until you find out what started the zombie apocalypse in the first place.... Zombieland was great, but didn't have a ****ing
story to it. =|

Anyone want to sum up Bleach's storyline for me? I lost track of what was going on after the first few episodes..

etecoon

Smash Hero
like from beginning to present?

er, **** it, I typed a lot of it up then lost it because smashboards sucks. all you really need to know is that ichigo is always weaker than his opponent, gets beaten within an inch of his life, then randomly gets way stronger for no real reason. this is pretty much what happens repeatedly after soul society, the plot just kind of goes to hell

napZzz

Smash Hero
over the course of what...10 episodes, you've seen like, 2 actual major things happen in the plot, (its just mainly been fan service and violence) the zombie outbreak itself and takagis parents saving them which sort of shed more light on some stuff going on

haven't watched the past 2 episodes I think...so idk whats happened since then. Probably more going around and killing things with boosted fan service

SuSa

like from beginning to present?

er, **** it, I typed a lot of it up then lost it because smashboards sucks. all you really need to know is that ichigo is always weaker than his opponent, gets beaten within an inch of his life, then randomly gets way stronger for no real reason. this is pretty much what happens repeatedly after soul society, the plot just kind of goes to hell
Sounds like Bleach to me. Thanks.

over the course of what...10 episodes, you've seen like, 2 actual major things happen in the plot, (its just mainly been fan service and violence) the zombie outbreak itself and takagis parents saving them which sort of shed more light on some stuff going on

haven't watched the past 2 episodes I think...so idk whats happened since then. Probably more going around and killing things with boosted fan service

Again, what zombie incident has a deep storyline? Theres ****ing zombies, they kill zombies to survive while making a way to a safe haven. END.

That's what every zombie outbreak movie/show has ever been. Ever.

So what's so bad about this one?

Top Bottom