• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Oh thanks? I guess?

Uhh how about this AT or mind game technique. You guys weren't minding it so I'll just post it and pls. comment whether if it's useful or not.

Berserker01 said:
-Fastfall mine-cancel
Jump or short hop then fast fall then when your about to land on ground (SAME TIMING AS LINK'S QUICKDRAW), use the C4/remote mine. If the mine didn't appear then your doing it right but if it didn't, keep trying. You can take advantage of your wrong attempts by mixing it up with your successful attempts. This can be used for mindgames or confusing the opponent. You can take advantage of the clicking sound by making the enemy think that there is a mine on that certain spot. Got to Lylat. If you get close enough to the opponent and you use this. The Animation for sticking will be slightly seen while there is no mine. In other words, great use for mind games.
I just went to the Diddy boards and I read the kongpendium and what the--- THERE ARE REALLY OVER 9000 ATs! Guess they work hard to brainstorm ATs. I'm gonna keep doing random stuff so I can plan moar.

Another question: Is there a way on how to put Diddy away from his bananas :p. How about putting the nanas at your back then camping Diddy?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Put a C4 where the nanners are or put the nanners where the C4 is.

You should watch the Razer vs. ADHD set at HOBO 21, some good stuff went down that set.

Wonder why the best Diddy's name is ADHD O_o?

Oh well thanks for the video tip. Whatever you call it.

I tried out the FF Mine cancel tech, it works pretty well. I mind gamed my friends with the tech. They got confused.

napZzz

Smash Hero
They can airdodge, nair, and more. Just drop him and uptilt/ftilt/jab
theres only one guaranteed follow up, and thats jab-1st hit of ftilt. But that hit sends them sort of far offstage and depending on the character can mean trouble and some good edge guarding chances.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Incorrect. Characters with extremely fast aerials, and most characters that buffer their airdodges are completely safe. Snake's jab is too slow to hit them.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Incorrect. Characters with extremely fast aerials, and most characters that buffer their airdodges are completely safe. Snake's jab is too slow to hit them.
there are probably a few moves that beat it, but it honestly cant be that many. Probably half of mk's moves and a few of those very early frame up b's. Those are also awfully risky because of how many ways snake can punish you after you attempt them if he predicts it properly. Then again, thats just a mixup game I guess and its not like snake will always get it right :S

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You can also SDI the jab various directions and ways to avoid other stuff.

A lot of characters can actually buffer DJ/Airdodge to get back onstage safely if you try to jab. and other stuff.

Basically yes, mixup game. Nothing guaranteed though.

napZzz

Smash Hero
You can also SDI the jab various directions and ways to avoid other stuff.

A lot of characters can actually buffer DJ/Airdodge to get back onstage safely if you try to jab. and other stuff.

Basically yes, mixup game. Nothing guaranteed though.
but in the RARE situation you get dthrow on the ledge who's actually gonna do that ****. Thats all I have to think about it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
When you talk to DMG about stuff like that, the better question to ask is who WOULDN'T do that sh**.

Cause I know I would.

etecoon

Smash Hero
anyone who knows/thinks about their matchups? as MK I know what to do if snake dthrows me at the ledge, other character mains should know their options too

also exactly how fast does an aerial have to be to beat jab? curious what I could use with other characters, going to be looking at new secondaries after DNA

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'd guess jab is something like frame 3, but I have no clue.

haha, thats true DMG. But I always fight the player and not the character and thats a perfect example to bring into what to do vs. someone when you dthrow at the edge. Except I'd have to factor both in, like can the character beat the jab and will they know how/what to do to beat it?

People with the ability to SDI (at least on command in match) these days are sort of rare when it comes to things that aren't simple like snakes nair for example. the move ANYONE can SDI xD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
4-5 frames IIRC. That sounds about right... Maybe less/moar

etecoon

Smash Hero
you'd have to know the frame advantage on dthrow from a ledge release and I have no idea what it is...I can figure it out by testing I suppose

think I'm going to start using fox and/or sheik, I think they're both pretty underrated(until you come across someone that can chain grab you to death or something anyway)

napZzz

Smash Hero
you'd have to know the frame advantage on dthrow from a ledge release and I have no idea what it is...I can figure it out by testing I suppose

think I'm going to start using fox and/or sheik, I think they're both pretty underrated(until you come across someone that can chain grab you to death or something anyway)
theres a midwest fox thats really good and he just keeps getting better. I've never seen anyone else rep fox very well and try to bring out his potential (he might have) outside samboner the few times he's been offline.

inb4lurkingfoxes?

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah most people would probably take one look at his matchups and say "**** that" when you see how many characters gay him. I'd never main him but he seems like a fun character to dabble in

TKD also has a really good fox I hear

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm not that great myself <_< and I main MK, that won't change unless he gets banned, just considering different secondaries now since I basically stopped playing snake

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm not that great myself <_< and I main MK, that won't change unless he gets banned, just considering different secondaries now since I basically stopped playing snake
you wont ever improve without a better attitude ;) saying you suck and **** like that wont ever get you anywhere, even with practice

etecoon

Smash Hero
sam did amazing especially considering that he mostly plays wifi, but it is vs snake, idk about fox specifically, but I'm currently of the belief that every character in the game has "**** that doesn't work but it works against snake"

you wont ever improve without a better attitude saying you suck and **** like that wont ever get you anywhere, even with practice
I didn't say I suck, I said I'm not great and you don't have much to learn from me especially if I'm playing a new character that I don't main <_<

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Link plz????

BTW, hi everyone!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257434

Dont pay attention to the attendace list, there are a bunch of people who will be coming from EC and other areas(including lots of MW) that have not registered yet.
TY.
Oh I remember seeing this. Too bad my parents would never let me go outta state "for just a game".....which is how they see it.

Well, would you mind representing Snake for me?

napZzz

Smash Hero
Aww Nappy, its all cool, but im expecting you to come down for The Showdown!

And yeah Mizu, going Snake 100%, always do haha
yeah, I thought i had a ride there, but he ended up saying he's just gonna drop us off at ASC then go to vgbootcamp and let us chill in illinois for the other day or something, idk exactly whats going down but uhh.....yeah. If I did go, I'd only be there for the melee portion ~_~ cuz he plans on going to asc AND vgbootcamp, but for the melee days

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
yeah, I thought i had a ride there, but he ended up saying he's just gonna drop us off at ASC then go to vgbootcamp and let us chill in illinois for the other day or something, idk exactly whats going down but uhh.....yeah. If I did go, I'd only be there for the melee portion ~_~
Boo, sad face :(:(:(

I wanted Snake dittos!

Top Bottom