• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

quotes anyone?

twally

Smash Apprentice
Twally, good luck. Remember, "It is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all".
Don't know who first said that.
you know, i told myself that but i am just too afraid to hear the answer that i already know. get what i mean? besides, she is one of my best friends and i couldn't imagine what it would be like if things were different.

thanks for the support though applejack. you gotta love the CM:)

twally

Smash Apprentice
But Twally,

"One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore" -Andre Gide
i wish you guys weren't right all the time. i think i am goiing to do something about it. you guys are right. i mean i have had this is in me for a while so i might as well do say sometihng at least. discover a new land, i suppose.

thanks for the encouragement again.

"no genius has ever existed without a touch of madness."
--aristotle

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
"I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all." -Alfred Lord Tennyson

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
"When you fall into a bottemless pit, you die of starvation" - Teen Girl Squad/Strong Bad
"Some people bring happyness whereever they go, others whenever they go" Unknown, very old.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
"The people that make you cry are the ones who aren't worth your tears.
The people who are worth your tears are the ones that never make you cry."

...Tell it to a girl you know. :) Unless you guys cry a lot...

Virgilijus

BRoomer
"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses. You build up a whole armor, for years, so nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life... You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' or 'how very perceptive' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a body-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. Nothing should be able to do that. Especially not love. I hate love."

There is just something I like about this quote; how it plays to both sides yet is right all the while.

twally

Smash Apprentice
"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses. You build up a whole armor, for years, so nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life... You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' or 'how very perceptive' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a body-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. Nothing should be able to do that. Especially not love. I hate love."

There is just something I like about this quote; how it plays to both sides yet is right all the while.
excellent quote! i really like it too. i mean, i don't agree with it 100% but it definitely had its high points. i would give you some rep. but i have to spread it around first!;)

FireBomb

Smash Lord
"What lies before us and what lies
behind us are small matters compared
to what lies within us. And when we
bring what is within out into the world,
miracles happen."

A prolouge to a really good book I read once.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
excellent quote! i really like it too. i mean, i don't agree with it 100% but it definitely had its high points. i would give you some rep. but i have to spread it around first!;)
I don't agree with it completely, but when I see in my mind a young girl say this after having her heart broken and only being able to feel the sting...I don't know. It's just those pains of love; they are worth stepping through every time.

And it's the thought that counts for rep! :grin:

twally

Smash Apprentice
"I never needed anyone to make me feel alive
But then again, I wasn't really living"
--a friend of a friend...

I don't agree with it completely, but when I see in my mind a young girl say this after having her heart broken and only being able to feel the sting...I don't know. It's just those pains of love; they are worth stepping through every time.
yeah, i think that's what i meant when i said i didn't agree with the statement. it's pretty hard to make rational decisions when you are fresh off of getting hurt...expecially by love.

twally

Smash Apprentice
"I never needed anyone to make me feel alive
But then again, I wasn't really living"
--a friend of a friend...

yeah, i think that's what i meant when i said i didn't agree with the statement. it's pretty hard to make rational decisions when you are fresh off of getting hurt...expecially by love.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero

Ahahaha. I agree with this quote wholeheartedly. Love sucks! Plus reps for all!

PS: Can you tell me who said this? I could probably do an English paper about it.

Sorry I dont have some quotes of my own, but you guys really help brighten my day up sometimes.

jaej

Smash Journeyman
hmm.. 100 percent sure i posted here b4, but theres nothing here. oh well

Think not that I am come to bring peace on earth. I came not to bring peace, but a sword.

this is from enders game. freakin awesome book

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Ahh a new year, a new beginning, or so they say...

"He who breaks a resolution is a weakling;
He who makes one is a fool."
~F.M. Knowles

twally

Smash Apprentice
an excerpt from a conversation between my friend and i after my first day of trying to beef up:

health nut friend: you know you have to finish that bite.
twally: back off. i'm trying to breathe.

yeah so, it hasn't been the best day i've seen.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
On the subject of books:

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend; inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
-Groucho Marx

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Pomposity is when you always think you're right, arrogance is when you know"
"Fashion is the art of brainwashing the proud"
"Talk it over, talk it, overtalk it"
"It's easier to be underfed than under-understood"
"If you're looking for somebdoy to blame, I recomend the dead, cuz' they never answer back"
"Blame it on the television, blame it on the company; Don't blame it on the fundamental fact that no one owes you something"
"Dim innuendos are spoken aloud Where supermodels are superendowed"
"Disassociate if you can't support it, don't try on the suit if you can't afford it"

-Harvey Danger

Just some of my favorites from them.
(A Band in case you've never heard of them)

Gonzales

Smash Journeyman
Some of my favorite quotes:

"Do what you can with what you have where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofa***** die for his." - Patton

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it's being scared ****less and going on anyways." - Don't know. (That may or may not be the actual wording.)

marthsword

Smash Ace
"I love sports. In fact, whenever I can, I watch the Detroit Tigers on the Radio." ~ Gerald Ford

This should not hopefully offend anyone, and I do not mean to say I dislike president Gerald Ford. It is just a funny quote, and could happen to anyone.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
"As flies to wanton boys, are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport." - Gloucester in 'King Lear'

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
“That’s the world, and you talk about it as it is—there’s good parts and sex parts and bad parts, and each is significant to our lives.”
--Kate Saltzman-Li, a professor at the University of California at Santa Barbara, talking about Judith Regan

That's quite a line.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
[On being told Newcastle's form since Roeder took over has been 3rd best in the league]
"Third best, is that right? Well maybe if I had a pro licence we'd be first" - Glenn Roeder, Caretaker manager of Newcastle, there was a debate for ages about whether he would be granted permission to manage in the premiership because he didn't have his UEFA Pro Licence.

[On a clip of attractive female supporters at a football match not wearing much]
"All they need now is a Brazilian" - Leonardo

"That's too high for Mutu ... probably a bad choice of phrasing" - John Motson (I think)

[On Wayne Rooney]
"It's an incredible rise to stardom. At 17 you're more likely to get a call from Michael Jackson than Sven Goran Eriksson." - Gordon Strachan.

Reporter: "Gordon, can we have a quick word please?"
"Velocity." - Gordon Strachan.

Reporter: "So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?"
"What areas? Mainly that big green one out there...." - Gordon Strachan.

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone." - 'Oh Dae-Su'
"Be it a rock or a grain of sand, in water they sink as the same." - 'Woo-Jin Lee'
- OldBoy

"Abracadabra." - Various

"17 million people. This is got to be the fifth biggest economy in the world and nobody knows each other. I read about this guy who gets on the MTA here, dies. Six hours he's riding the subway before anybody notices his corpse doing laps around L.A., people on and off sitting next to him. Nobody notices." - 'Vincent'
- Collateral

"Charlie Chaplin once entered a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest in Monte Carlo and came in third; that's a story." - 'Mr. Goodkat'
"Slevin: I'm not gay.
Brikowski: I'm a cop.
Slevin: Well, I'm not a robber if you catch my drift."
- Lucky Number Slevin

"You're best? Losers always wine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen!" - 'John Mason'
- The Rock

"The almighty says he can get me outta this, but he's pretty sure you're ****ed" - 'Stephen'
"I didn't like him anyway. He wasn't right in the head. " - 'Stephen'
"Stephen: [speaking heavenward] Him? That can't be William Wallace. I'm prettier than this man. All right Father, I'll ask him.
Stephen: [to William] If I risk my neck for you, will I get a chance to kill Englishmen?
Hamish: Is your father a ghost, or do you converse with the Almighty?
Stephen: In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God.
Stephen: [heavenward] Yes, Father.
Stephen: [to William and the others] The Almighty says don't change the subject; just answer the ****ing question.
Hamish: Mind your tongue.
Campbell: Insane Irish!
Stephen: [draws a dagger and holds it to Campbell's throat] Smart enough to get a dagger past your guards, old man.
William Wallace: [holding a spear at Stephen's chest] That's my friend, Irishman. And the answer to your question is yes - if you fight for me, you get to kill the English.
Stephen: Excellent!"
- Braveheart

"First we crack the shell, then we crack the nuts inside." - 'Rumble'
"I've got better things to do tonight than die." - 'Springer'
"Perhaps I misjudged you. Proceed - on your way to oblivion" - 'Unicron'
-Transformers: The Movie

"Autobots, transform and roll out!" - 'Optimus Prime'
- Transformers

"Stupid, eh? Yeah, im stupid, Stupid like a fox!" - 'Homer Simpson'
"I didn't lie, I was writing fiction with my mouth" - 'Homer Simpson'

"[real life interview with Winters where he quotes Mike Ranney on how he answered a question his grandson once asked him] I treasure my remark to a grandson who asked, "Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?" "No", I answered, "But I served in a company of heroes". " - Richard D. Winters

"George Luz: Hey Janovek, what ya reading?
John Janovek: An article.
George Luz: No ****. What's it about?
John Janovek: It's about why we're fightin' the war.
George Luz: Why are we fighting the war, Janovek?
John Janovek: It appears the Germans are bad, very bad.
George Luz: You don't say. The Germans are bad, huh?
[Turns to Perconte]
George Luz: Hey Frank, this guy is reading and article, that says the Germans *are bad*. "

"Ronald Spiers: You wanna know if they're true or not. The stories about me? Did you ever notice with stories like that, everyone says they heard it from someone who was there. Then when you ask that person, they say they heard it from someone who was there. It's nothing new really. I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tertius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.
Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tertius deny it.
Ronald Spiers: Maybe that's because Tertius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofa***** in the whole Roman Legion"

"Now remember boys, flies spread disease, so keep your's closed!" - George Luz

--- Band of Brothers

"Spending an extended time in female company can be mentally disorientating and physically confusing." - 'Ed'
- Ed, Edd and Eddie

"Hey Bobby, what's french for va-va-voom?" - Thierry Henry

"We killed a lot of innocent civilians. To us, every civilian in Baghdad was a terrorist. They said 'they are now in civilian clothes' that makes everybody free game, but if they came within our perimeter, we lit 'em up, and when we would pull the body out, and when we would search the car, we would find nothing. This took place time and time again. No harm, no foul, it's OK, don't worry about it, because this is a new type of war, this is an eradication.
I honestly feel that we're committing genocide over here, I don't believe in killing civilians, and I'm not going to kill civilians for the United States Marine Corp." - From Ashes of the Wake by Lamb of God

"Police brutality is on the rise"
"National Guard was deployed to establish control throughout L.A.. The Looting and Mayhem continued"
"Do I have to remind you in the world is a devil, the caucasion white man"
"What I want to see is the destruction of the whole white race"
"You got scum, you also got white scum too, you also got spanish scum too, but worst of all you got that negro scum"
"America has to go through some kind of radical change"
- All of those from Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies by Machine Head.

"Nos ossos que aovi estamos pelos vossos esperamos" A Chapel, Evora (translation: We bones wait for you to join us,)

"Peace is Patriotic"

"Nearly everything you read signed "from God" is just somebody putting their words in My mouth"

"If you're the low man on the totem pole, just remember that if it wasn't for you the **** thing would fall over"

"May you live in interesting times, attract the attention of important people and may all of your dreams come true."

"A relationship, I think, is like a shark. You know? It has to constantly move forward or it dies. And I think what we got on our hands is a dead shark"

"If aliens are smart enough to travel through space, why do they keep abducting the dumbest people on earth?"

"Hell is paved with good intentions"

"I always liked the city of lights. Pity we can't be there when the lights go out."

"Give me coffee, I´m going to write"

"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love"

"We're all going to die but i got a helmet"

- I can't remember any of the people who said that last couple of quotes, nor could i be bothered looking them up on internet. There are far too many good quotes that exist.
Enjoy.

hmm, suppose there is not point in leaving out some of the best stuff from bash:

[01:33] (hilo21) ima looking for a site that seels amp
[01:33] (hilo21) ima looking for a site that seels amps
[01:33] (hilo21) iam looking for a site that seels amps
[01:34] (hilo21) I am looking for a site that sells amps
[01:35] (nexxai) how bout you look for a site that teaches english?
[01:35] (hilo21) **** you
[01:36] (nexxai) Lemme guess, you'd kick my ***, but can't read the road signs to get to my house?

Spin: arrrr, pirates of the south west
Spin: thar be large pipes o'bandwith near ye'ol univarsety.
Pirate: yearg, ye may be an ta somethan thar.
Spin: what say ye we pull yonder USB hard disk longside yonder NMSU puter and begin tha lutin and plunderin.
Pirate: yearg. The master done gaved me a testin machine with a grand ol CDR.
Pirate: Avast!
Pirate: MP3s off the starboard bow!
Spin: stere clear of ye porn pop ups rollin in from tha east.
Pirate: I have mah trusty Opera browsa to help me fend em off.
Spin: encrypt the data holds, batton down thar security patches, argh thar be spyware abound.

<tatclass> YOU ALL SUCK ****
<tatclass> er.
<tatclass> hi.
<andy\code> A common typo.
<tatclass> the keys are like right next to each other.

<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks?
<TheXPhial> vaccuums
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what sucks in a metaphorical sense?
<TheXPhial> black holes
<Guo_Si> Hey, you know what just isn't cool?
<TheXPhial> lava?

t0rbad> so there i was in this hallway right
BlackAdder> i believe i speak for all of us when i say...
BlackAdder> WRONG BTICH
BlackAdder> IM SICK OF YOU
BlackAdder> AND YOUR LAME STORIES
BlackAdder> NOBODY HERE THINKS YOURE FUNNY
BlackAdder> NOBODY HERE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR STORIES
BlackAdder> IN FACT
BlackAdder> IF YOU DIED RIGHT NOW
BlackAdder> I DON"T THINK NOBODY WOULD CARE
BlackAdder> SO WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT ***
*** t0rbad sets mode: +b BlackAdder*!*@*.*
*** BlackAdder has been kicked by t0rbad ( )
t0rbad> so there i was in this hallway right
CRCError> right
heartless> Right.
r3v> right

<Th3No0b> Im going to be the next hitler
<Th3No0b> Im going to kill all the jews and 1 clown
<RageAgainsttheAmish> why the clown
<Th3No0b> See? no one cares about the jews

<MooseOnDaLoose> Hey Mike
<goatboy> what?
<MooseOnDaLoose> *****.
<goatboy> er?
<MooseOnDaLoose> *****.
<goatboy> and?
<MooseOnDaLoose> *****.
<goatboy> ...
<MooseOnDaLoose> *****.
<goatboy> i dont get it
<MooseOnDaLoose> AND YOU NEVER WILL.

SparTacus (rulimbaww@3B942731.dsl.stlsmo.swbell.net) has joined #santcuary
*SparTacus is now known as Betty_Guns
wacko Jacko (lbeedy@1C57684.dsl.stlsmo.swbell.net) has joined #santcuary
<wacko_Jacko>ok spartacus just came n here i know it. which one of you is that loser?
<hunney> I am spartacus
<ji_pper>no im spartacus
<Betty_Guns>I am spartacus
<mistr andersn>I’m spartacus
<wacko_Jacko>ur all freaks thats what u r

<_kr4m3r> so many ****ing criminals, its bull****
<foniks`> heh, if we sent all the criminals to some empty continent and just left them there to die
<foniks`> and showed up like 50yrs later like, "sup?"
<foniks`> whatd u think they'd say?
<FoSZoR[bg]> something along the lines of, "G`Day mate"

<reo4k> just type /quit whoever, and it'll quit them from irc
* luckyb1tch has quit IRC (r`heaven)
* r3devl has quit IRC (r`heaven)
* sasopi has quit IRC (r`heaven)
* phhhfft has quit IRC (r`heaven)
* blackersnake has quit IRC (r`heaven)
<ibaN`reo4k[ex]> that's gotta hurt
<r`heaven> :(

<Hiroe> he was dressed as a big ****in devil
<Hiroe> like, HUGE costume
<Hiroe> 8-foot lizard wings, giant horns on the head
<Hiroe> at some anime con in california
<Hiroe> they were double booked with a southern Baptist group in the same hotel
<Hiroe> he's riding the elevator down to the con space
<Hiroe> doors open, little old baptist woman standing there
<Hiroe> he just says "Going Down" in his best evil voice

<MasterG> .....................................................................
<judas> where's pacman when you need him?

Ba1100n_Drag0n

Smash Apprentice
"If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees."
--Kahlil Gibran

Super_Smash_Brother

Smash Apprentice
I challenge anyone on Cape Breton Island!
A man's character is made up not of his strength, but his kindness.

The second most pointless thing to know is nothing. The first? Everything.

Why would you use what someone else did for your gain? Getting praised for yourself is much more satisfying.

A man isn't what's in his looks, nor his strength. It's in his mind, heart, and soul.

Why let other people judge you? When it comes to what you are, your the only one that can speak.

If a friend mistreats you, they most likely aren't your friend.

What's the only thing better than God but worse than Satan? Money. (Having it is good, but having too much corrupts you)

You don't need wealth to get more.

Material possesions don't make the man. Spiritual acheivements do.

If the popular guy/girl treats you wrongly simply because you have less than they do, they aren't good enough for you.

In a balance of power and wisdom, wisdom insantly outweighs power.

When in a fight, just think of light and dark. When they collide, nothing remains.

If wrongly accused of murder, you can atleast be sure God will treat you right.

The ones that say blonds are dumb are most likely dumb. (Judge not by looks)

In a competition of who's better, all competitors are fools.

Note that I used no quotation marks because these are all mine.

Top Bottom