• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quiznos Presents Brawl VII 1/25/09 RESULTS

Charoo

Smash Champion
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4264

Setting: In person
Date: January 25, 2009
Organizer(s): Yubin

Quiznos Presents Brawl VII

Date: January 25th, 2009

Categories:
Doubles, Singles, Girls Singles

Where: 20224 Pioneer Blvd. Cerritos CA 90703
(you will probably see starbucks first before you see Quiznos, they are right next to each other.)

Fee: Doubles: $12 per team ($2 venue) Singles: $9 ($4 venue)

AZEN STUPID RULE IN EFFECT:
If you arrive late AFTER registration is closed you wish to enter that event you will have to pay an extra 3 dollars as a late charge fee. no exceptions.

(This is to prevent delayed start time of the tournament and prolonged use of the venue.)

IF you give me a receipt for a combo'd meal at quiznos you get a 2 dollar discount off Venue Fee
for one event

Time:
January 25th - Doubles Start: 11am (setup/sign-ups 9:00am-10:30am)

Singles Start: as doubles comes to an end

Girls Start: as Singles come to a close

I am starting the doubles event right at 11

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear: ????????????????

a full setup is a wii+t.v

lol makes sense no, im only taking full set ups this time just to make everything easier and more
organized sorry. so a WII + T.V = no venue fee for one person unless you find someone that wants to split with you.

if your planning to bring a set ... please show up at
10:00am on January 25th

ALRIGHT IM TAKING SET UP SIGN UPS
ONLY AGREE TO BRING SOMETHING IF YOU
CAN 100% FOR SURE BRING IT! ill take
as many as i can the more the better.
NO PLASMA T.VS cause alot of people have t.v johns
so yeaaaaaah..... here we go

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prize:
Singles:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

Teams:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

Aim:Reggiegeeegee
Number: 562-290-7851

* 7 minute time limit on all matches.
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may not ban neutral stages.
* Controller Mods and tactics used to stall a match are banned
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stalling: running the clock out in a match for over a minute without any hits being made will be considered excessive stalling and will not be permitted.

Brackets:

* Bracket matches are best 2 of 3, 3 stock.
* Winners' bracket finals, losers' bracket finals, and championship sets are all best 3 of 5.

Stages:

* Singles Neutral: Battlefield, Smashville, Final Destination

* Singles counterpicks: all Singles Neutral stages plus Halberd, Corneria, Pokemon Stadium 1, Castle Seige, Rainbow Cruise, Frigate Orpheon,Luigis Mansion, Brinstar, Delphino Plaza, Jungle Japes, Lylat Cruise

* Doubles Neutral: Final Destination, Smashville, Battlefield

* Doubles counterpicks: all Doubles Neutrals plus Green Greens, Corneria, Luigi's Mansion, Halberd, Pokemon Stadium 1, Castle Seige, Rainbow Cruise, Frigate Orpheon, Brinstar, Delphino Plaza, Jungle Japes, Lylat Cruise

STANDING INFINITES BANNED: ex, D3vsDK , D3vsD3, D3vsBowser, Pikachu vs Fox. If an infinite is in use.
Immediately pause your match. If the infinite was
used upon yourself when you are under 95% you
may restart the match.

(just dont use infinites plox <3)

-copied SCSA West Coast Circuit Rule set-
(some minor changes)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
LMFAO!

Were gonna make America skinny again, one slap at a time - Awesome.

Call now! Cause we cant do this all day!

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Bump Hump! ;P

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
i liv in 818, and i am expecting to have a ride, but my ride told me recently he might not be able to go, in case that happens can any1 give me a ride. Same deal pick me up at my house ill pay for gas.

im close to the amf woodlake bowling thing if that helps with location

JDM

Smash Champion
Sticky the high desert tourney edrees. Around 9 set ups confirmed and it's not getting the hype it deserves.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
Take for example, Street Fighter Alpha. I have a lot of respect for anyone who plays that game. I know the game is ****ty, they know that the game is ****ty, but they embrace it and enjoy playing it. Its actually a lot of fun, but the high level metagame is exceedingly gay. V-ism is a type of super that puts you in a super speed state with after-image effects. What this means is that in tournament all you see are infinite wall juggles. Go watch a random video on youtube and they will cut out the video showing the time in between the start of the infinite and the hit or two between death.

Having this situation introduce me to infinites in real competitive fighting games has left me with the opinion that its really childish to say you can only infinite me 5 times and then you have to stop. Especially when many of them are only in one or two matchups, instead of universal.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
i liv in 818, and i am expecting to have a ride, but my ride told me recently he might not be able to go, in case that happens can any1 give me a ride. Same deal pick me up at my house ill pay for gas.
Same here.I'm just not sure if I can get a ride.
So yeah, I'll pay for stuffz.

I live near the Glendale/ Burbank boarder. >_>

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Only Standing infinites are banned. Popo and Nana can do any infinites where they are moving back and forth, which is all of them. Just make a trade with the IC player and I'm sure they will be happy - they wont infinite if you don't laser or chaingrab.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Take for example, Street Fighter Alpha. I have a lot of respect for anyone who plays that game. I know the game is ****ty, they know that the game is ****ty, but they embrace it and enjoy playing it. Its actually a lot of fun, but the high level metagame is exceedingly gay. V-ism is a type of super that puts you in a super speed state with after-image effects. What this means is that in tournament all you see are infinite wall juggles. Go watch a random video on youtube and they will cut out the video showing the time in between the start of the infinite and the hit or two between death.

Having this situation introduce me to infinites in real competitive fighting games has left me with the opinion that its really childish to say you can only infinite me 5 times and then you have to stop. Especially when many of them are only in one or two matchups, instead of universal.
......Look at Melty Blood...There is like infinite from that one girl in a purple girl scout clothes...freaking gay as hell....and Street Fighter vs Xman...there is infinite too =___= and i agree with the Greatest leon XD

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
why is there a double standard regarding ice climbers vs d-tilting on a wall?
not devil's advocating per se, but i would like some speculation

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
I've got a question: if I put my opponent in a jab lock against a wall, is that considered an "infinite" or just a jab lock? This was probably answered but I'm just kinda lazy and want to know for sure.

I'll try to go to this tournament. It's Lunar New Years and being half-half asian, I might have plans. :\

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
i guess it would depend on the wall
like on corneria yes
but on pokemon stadium no

fixed question:
There is no double standard. Both DDD and IC (and anyone else in the cast) are not allowed to use any standing infinites. Both IC and DDD are allowed to use infinites that require translocation of the character.
Note: In IC's infinites, their character is moving back and forth. Even though it is a step or two, it's movement, so it is not a standing infinite.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion

Being gay doesn't mean the game is ****ty LOL. It just means it's broken, kinda like MvC2. Great game, broken as ****. SFA is ****.

Also, it's hard to get the initial hit in SFA to start the Vism combos. REAL HARD(not to mention, getting in one Vism combo doesn't necessarily decide the match, especially if your opponent has a full bar). And pulling the combo off also takes great amount of practice and muscle memory. I don't even want to go into details comparing the gayness/easiness of Brawl infinites to SFA Vism combos. Seriously, comparing Vism combos to Brawl infinites is DUMB.

In Brawl, getting grabbed is EASY as ****. Getting infinited is EASY as **** (more or less). And dumb infinites like the one DDD has on Bowser is just so stupid. Totally one sided.

I could understand the IC infinites being allowed. Even though it's easy to get grabbed, Nana is needed for the infinites. Without her, the player can't do ****. So it's totally understandable... gay as **** though lol.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
LOL. I personally think NO IC infinites should be banned (regardless if they move or not) simply b/c Nana is needed for the infinites. That makes a HUGE difference compared to DDD's Infinites or w/e.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Agreed plus using IC's requires skill and training.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It takes like a day or so to learn do chain grab somewhat decently with them. <_<

DDD takes a 2 minutes.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i wrote some
but deleted it
kouryuu ill respond to u later <3
sorry i hate you jmex (lol jk)

devils advocate
what if dedede's standing infinite has a little bit of walking in it

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
No wifi, if i remember correctly

I love you too LEON! Sexy *****

mio

Smash Ace
Street Fighter Alpha had pretty much the biggest following of any Street Fighter during it's prime (Alpha 2 and 3). It was so big that Capcom held Alpha 3 World Championships in 1998 with qualifiers in USA and Japan. The **** was televised and everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPzqod70Q4M

It's actually a really sick game in my opinion. All the v-ism combos set the tone for future street fighters to come.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
That **** was intense!

My opinion is the same as Mio's on SFA.

Top Bottom