• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quiznos presents Brawl V 11/30 Thanks for coming

Charoo

Smash Champion
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3372

Setting: In person
Date: November 30, 2008
Organizer(s): Yubin

Quiznos Presents BRAWL V

Date: November 30th, 2008

Categories:
Doubles, Singles, Crews (if time is available)

Where: 20224 Pioneer Blvd. CA 90703
(you will probably see starbucks first before you see Quiznos, they are right next to each other.)

Time:
November 30th - Doubles Start: 12pm (setup/sign-ups 10:00am-11:30am)

Singles Start: as doubles comes to an end

Crews Start: After Singles are finished and if time is available

I am starting on time be at the venue early to ensure you have a spot in the tournament. If you are late just show up late and talk to the people at the register table. If we can add you to the brackets we will if we cant we cant. BE AT THE VENUE EARLY.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear: ????????????????

full setup = NO VENUE FEE
half a setup= HALF the venue fee off

a full setup is a wii+t.v

lol makes sense no

if your planning to bring a set ... please show up at

10:00am on november 30th.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fee: Doubles: $12 ($2 venue) Crews: $12 ($2 venue) Singles: $9 ($4 venue)

Venue Fee:

Prize:
Singles:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

Teams:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

Aim:Reggiegeeegee
Number: 562-290-7851

Name: Quiznos
Address: 20224 Pioneer Blvd.
Cerritos, California, United States

TOURNAMENT RULES:
General rules:
3 Stock

8 minute timer

Items are set to "off" and "none"

All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Stalling is banned.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stages

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counter:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon 1
Luigis Mansion
Corneria

QUIZNOS SPECIFIC RULES:
1. There is a free refill on your drinks at quiznos but please try and limit yourself, cause things in reality arnt really "free" but help yourself

2. Friendlies can no longer be played during bracket matches. Friendlies slow down the tournament so please dont find your way to a friendly t.v

3. MONEY MATCHES - Please do your money matches when there is FREE TIME. I expect you to know when there is an appropriate time to do money matches. Otherwise, PLEASE REFRAIN from doing money matches when the tournament is still going on!!!

4. Make sure to wear deodorant and TAKE A SHOWER the day of or night before the tournament. A room full of 100 Smashers (typically male) is not cool if we do not make it a point to be So Fresh and So Clean Clean. (haha great rule stolen from aesis)

5. Quiznos is although a bigger than normal store it does kinda get cramped with alot of people, and normal customers still come into the store. So please try and reserve tables for eating customers.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i will not be attending this tournament because i dont think it's right that corporations are making large amounts of money ripping people off (not to mention, it's illegal - gambling)

/morals

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
sunday was WAY too good, I hope i can go to Quiznos V with the rest of Tijuana and SDeezy.
btw be sure to check out Chula Vista XX, 619's first big event (because UCSD is 858) by clicking the banner below

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
I've gotta make sure I go this time...
But ****. Black Friday is two days before this. I have to get up at 3am and work at 4am that day. :freak:

By the way,
Togo's > Quizno's > Subway

embracethe12

Smash Lord
togos sucks
cause i thought it was called toga's the first time i heard about it
and when i got there
i was really embarrassed
so i bought the clam chowder.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
You know what, you guys are right. Togo's does suck. I just got back from eating Togo's and they've changed so much since several years ago... WTF happened?! D:

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^LOL Edrees.

I never went to Togos several years ago, so to me its good.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Connor get the pacific Cobb it *****. If you like Bacon and Avocado that is.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Would e-dresses be similar to e-mail in the sense that they are virtual dresses? I could use some e-dresses to go along with my e-pants.

Gishnak

Smash Ace
I once did a health report on Togo's and I had never gone there.

Anyway, I'm going to make the next Quizno's presents. I've just decided.

Now to convince my roommate to drive 3+ hours...

Top Bottom