• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Draw Cancel

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
So I was playing around some more with Ike's grab release options and Up Air in general (Especially near the edge) and just general "I am bored, so let's mess around with a CPU" nonsense. The main thing is, I started to charge Quick Draw..let go and..he performed it. There's a catch though, he did it IN PLACE. What could have caused it? Who knows.

Edit: Thanks to Kirk, we now have a video of the glitch in action, watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOPu3rIyqj8

I'm not sure what I did differently, but this is a start.

More edits: This apparently has to do with Snake's Down Smash, funky.

XACE-K

Smash Master
For some reason, it's not working for me....

As for the QD it could be some glitch that occurred but who knows. Maybe it could be some sort of mindgame if we figure out how it works.

I'm still waiting for a way to decrease the lag on it.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
For some reason, it's not working for me....

As for the QD it could be some glitch that occurred but who knows. Maybe it could be some sort of mindgame if we figure out how it works.

I'm still waiting for a way to decrease the lag on it.
Try the link now. The first link I had started to redirect to something random.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I've heard that this glitch happened to Ryko as well... He has a video up somewhere... In fact, he was facing a Snake as well...

XACE-K

Smash Master
Nope, still not working. It could be my computer that's the problem. I see what's wrong and maybe somebody else can download it.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Oh my, the glitch in this video strikes again.

Well, at least we've confirmed that it isn't a Wi-Fi glitch. I still have no idea what happened in my video or what could have caused yours.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Great, I swear Snake is proably some kind of ninja or something, how else does that explain his freaking invisible hurtboxes when he does his attacks...only logical explaination for Ike being stopped in place.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Great, I swear Snake is proably some kind of ninja or something, how else does that explain his freaking invisible hurtboxes when he does his attacks...only logical explaination for Ike being stopped in place.
And people actually want MK to be banned first. Snake's the more dangerous opponent now.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
And i'll just make him look pretty over wi-fi.

YAY ME!

*don't take this post seriously please.*

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
If it's any clarification, the exact same thing happened to me... against Snake... after/during his Down Smash. I think that three testimonies puts THAT piece to rest.

XACE-K

Smash Master
If it's any clarification, the exact same thing happened to me... against Snake... after/during his Down Smash. I think that three testimonies puts THAT piece to rest.
First metroid, than Light and now it happens to you.

Who'll be the next victim to Snake???

XACE-K

Smash Master
Lawl it happened to me IN MID AIR!, AND IT KILLED ME!
O_O

Anyway, I tested this a bit and it seems that for this to work, you need to time it correctly. This is just a glitch but just like what doom said. If this happens in mid-air, YOU. ARE. DEAD.

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
hmm ive done a trick before:
here is how i did it
i charged up quick draw (full) released and somehow ended up with the length of a uncharged(instant use) quick draw
I did this 3x it had to do with the B button, after awhile I couldn't do it anymore, i think i forgot the commands after a week of school

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
I agree, the lack of a proper, solid use for Quick Draw, even though it seems so full of promise, is slightly hindering Ike.
]

What! if you use quick draw to extreme levels of training, you can use it's zero secound cancel if it misses to do some great combos!!!

Sadly i can only do this sometimes...

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I meant thinking QD is a god sent.

To many people refuse to believe its just a meh move and keep using it over and over.
Oh, I fully agree with you on that issue as well. I just like how it looks, is what I meant when I said I was "obsessed" with it. It's a pretty shoddy move as it stands.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I believe the whole Snake incident could also be related to his grenades. He threw a grenade on a platform in BF, and I QD'd in that direction and stopped short below the grenade. That's frustrating almost.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Hah, many thanks Kirk. I'll update the original post with the link.

And Lex, I'll go ahead and try to reproduce this with grenades, I'll tell you if it works.

XACE-K

Smash Master
After watching it, I know think that this happens after Snake takes out the mine but before he puts the mine in the ground. I don't know how many frames that is but I think this will occur in that time.

Top Bottom